The Artwork for Tournaments Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm a tourney hosting whore

Tournament name: Battle Factory Tour
Host: FireMage
Project priority: Normal
Format:
BW2 OU
Tournament Rules: Each user will be given a selection of 6 Pokemon and will have to swap out any weak links in order to create the strongest team possible from their fallen foes to progress through the tour.
Art Direction: Anything with the Battle Factory Head - Thorton in would do nicely. Maybe an exchange of Pokémon going on.

Tournament name:Helping Hand tour
Host: FireMage / Lady Salamence
Format:
BW2 OU
Tournament Rules: Users can only use submitted sets from the other participants to build teams to go through the tours with. Only sets submitted may be used.
Art Direction: We was both thinking - something with Latios/Latias asthey're often seen as parallels (and are both competitiely viable.)

this is my first time attempting this so yea.... hopefully you like it i tried my best >.<

Tournament name:Helping Hand tour
Host: FireMage / Lady Salamence
Format:
BW2 OU
Tournament Rules: Users can only use submitted sets from the other participants to build teams to go through the tours with. Only sets submitted may be used.
Art Direction: We was both thinking - something with Latios/Latias asthey're often seen as parallels (and are both competitiely viable.)

sorry but i have no idea how to do typography all nice looking D:

Format:
BW2 OU
Tournament Rules: Each user will be given a selection of 6 Pokemon and will have to swap out any weak links in order to create the strongest team possible from their fallen foes to progress through the tour.
Art Direction: Anything with the Battle Factory Head - Thorton in would do nicely. Maybe an exchange of Pokémon going on.

Format:
BW2 OU

Meh. I kinda like it, kinda don't
It's a little big thou >_>

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Tournament name: Good Old Days Tournament
Host: Oglemi
Format:
RBY OU
Tournament Rules: Standard.
Art Direction: Literally does not matter; however, some of the big names of RBY should be present in some fashion: Tauros, Chansey, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Slowbro, Golem/Rhydon, Starmie, Gengar, Zapdos are the really big ones.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Tournament name: Corsola Cup II
Format:
ADV NU
Art Direction: A really cute Corsola plz!! :3

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd remove the drop shadow on the text if I were you, Pkrs. Wouldn't really need that blue banner if the text is hovering in front of it.

Oglemi

Borf
omg 3 adorable Corsolas :O thanks you guys so much! keep them coming though if you still wanted to make one :33333

Tournament name: Sky Battle Tournament
Host: starwarsfan
Format:
XY Pokebank OU
Tournament Rules: Only pokemon with levitate or flying type and not on this list are allowed.
Art Direction: I'd love two legal, viable Pokemon battling in the air while flying, but I don't really care.

I'd like to submit something for Oglemi's Good Old Days Tournament, too. The idea was to use a limited color palette similar to Gen I's sprites' - sorry for the poor execution, though (I'm new to drawing on a tablet-PC, please bear with me.)
Tournament name: Good Old Days Tournament
Format:
RBY OU
Art Direction: Literally does not matter; however, some of the big names of RBY should be present in some fashion:Tauros, Chansey, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Slowbro, Golem/Rhydon, Starmie, Gengar, Zapdos are the really big ones.

EDIT: Updated with PNG instead of JPEG.

Last edited:

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Format:
XY Pokebank OU
Tournament Rules: Only pokemon with levitate or flying type and not on this list are allowed.
Art Direction: I'd love two legal, viable Pokemon battling in the air while flying, but I don't really care.
I understand if this isn't acceptable, seeing as I doubt the mons are viable, anyway ~

Format:
XY Pokebank OU
I understand if this isn't acceptable, seeing as I doubt the mons are viable, anyway ~

Here are a very early WIP. I know talonflame is very viable in regular OU. Aerodactyl is fast, so why not.
Just a note about this, the "best" mons are Talonflame, Aerodactyl, and Mega Char-X imo. (Yes, Mega-Char X is allowed.) Other excellent mons include (Mega) Gyarados, Rotom-W, Zapdos, Landorus-T, and Crobat. Also, any mon that is good in OU and legal here tends to be quite good.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Format:
XY Pokebank OU
Alright I did a new one :)

e: as to why Rotom-W is Hydro Pumping instead of Volt Switching....I guess he's scarfed? It was honestly something I overlooked until I thought about it when I was driving a couple of minutes ago :S

EDIT: So I was wondering, why would somebody hydro pump a crobat? And why would somebody send out Crobat against Rotom-W, even if he was scarfed? So, I made a small adjustment:

Last edited:

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tournament name: Mentor Mini-Tournaments
Host: Redew
Format: OU (but it will be series of tournaments so it doesn't matter)
Art Direction:
<+FireMage> I'd say OU mon helping it's pre-evo
<+FireMage> like a lucario showing riolu how to do an aura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)