Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - The Smog Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I looked around here, and saw that the in-progress articles are private. Because of this, I don't know how a skeleton should look like. Now I've had one or two analyses onsite, so I'm familiar with that kind of skeleton. Is it basically the same skeleton, but just with the idea and stuff? Thanks.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
More or less the same. Just roughly post an outline of your article in Article Approvals if that's what you're asking for. There's no strict format about that. It can be bullet points or a small caption about it as long as it brings the point across~

LilOu

PO poopyhead
What about a pdf would you find useful?
Sorry, I didn't understand this answer/question; however, if you meant "Why would you find useful a PDF version of The Smog?", it is because I can read it offline, carry it on my USB, open it on iBooks and read it while I'm on the bathroom without internet. Also, to be capable of print it is not a bad idea. It would be really cool imo.

Last edited:
Hello,

I happen to be doing an official panel at New York Comic Con next Saturday, and as it pertains to the history of Pokemon Communities, I want to briefly discuss the origins of Smogon and its role in the competitive branch of the community.

I didn't know where else to go to ask about this. I was hoping to speak with someone here who can answer some short questions I have, preferably over email or Skype, as I don't check these forums often. I think it would be a great way to help promote the site as well, since we can incorporate your logo and web address into the PowerPoint presentation.

If you can be of service, and can speak officially on Smogon's behalf (I try to stick with primary sources), I'd really appreciate you dropping me a line at KC@ThePocketPlayers.com.

um, i have kind of a stupid question. I want to sumbit some art for the smog, how exactly would i do that?

Thanx
-SGX15

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Contact Birkal or Bummer, or even better, post a application thread in the Article Approvals forum stating you'd like to contribute art to The Smog and show some examples of pieces you've done.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SGX15, make a new thread here with the title '(Artist) SGX15', and post a small introduction about yourself along with a minimum of three images that show your current art skills. Thanks for showing interest in The Smog!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We used to release a new issue once every two months, but we're now trying to do it monthly. This particular release has been delayed as plenty of this community's efforts has been put into XY Research and taking part in Gen VI's meta (among other reasons), and with Christmas being around the corner, it is uncertain whether we can release on time for the next issue as well, but we're otherwise trying to be producing new material on a regular basis. Thanks for your patience!

Hi, I'm new to Smogon so I don't really know if it's the right place to post this.
So, I just noticed that the links in the 27th issue of the Smog was broken.

For example, after clicking on 'Note from the editor' we are redirected to http://smogon.com/smog/note_from_editor witch is a 404 page, whereas we should be redirected to http://smogon.com/smog/issue27/note_from_editor which is the correct address.
Most of the article's link are broken like this one in the 27th issue.
I didn't verify all articles and the new issue, but I think that this a issue that might be corrected.
Thanks.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hiyo. Sorry if this has been asked already, but I was just wondering if artist applications (or at the very least, art piece submissions) are still open? Many years ago I sent a few pieces to the person who was in charge of The Smog at the time, but I never got a response from him so I sort of gave up ^^;
I've just finished reading the application guidelines that specify I should post a thread with a portfolio in this forum; however, I don't really see any other applications being posted this way so I'm not sure how to go about applying or if these application instructions are carried over from the older version of the forums. I feel a little self conscious about being the only person posting my art here as well, so...

An answer and a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks. >u<

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hiyo. Sorry if this has been asked already, but I was just wondering if artist applications (or at the very least, art piece submissions) are still open? Many years ago I sent a few pieces to the person who was in charge of The Smog at the time, but I never got a response from him so I sort of gave up ^^;
I've just finished reading the application guidelines that specify I should post a thread with a portfolio in this forum; however, I don't really see any other applications being posted this way so I'm not sure how to go about applying or if these application instructions are carried over from the older version of the forums. I feel a little self conscious about being the only person posting my art here as well, so...

An answer and a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks. >u<
Yes, they're always open! I think you should try again. If it's been a couple of years, well, I guess The Smog was still pretty new. Now's now and I'm sure Bummer will look over your application as soon as possible! Get your best samples from your portfolio and post a thread in the Article Approvals subforum with them. We'll see how it goes!

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Yes, they're always open! I think you should try again. If it's been a couple of years, well, I guess The Smog was still pretty new. Now's now and I'm sure Bummer will look over your application as soon as possible! Get your best samples from your portfolio and post a thread in the Article Approvals subforum with them. We'll see how it goes!
Thanks for the response! I'll try my best. >u< Glad to see The Smog is so much more active now!

Hi, I've been playing competetively for two years and have just made a new account. I've peaked high on Ubers and NU ladders and consider myself a capable player. I was really hoping to make contributions to smogon by writing regularly for the smog, so could someone please tell me how to do so? thanks!

As someone very new to the community forums, I was hoping to contribute by trying to write an article for the smog and maybe do some art here or there if possible. I'm working on both applications and outline now but I was wondering if there were certain articles that have relentlessly found their way into smog time after time or certain subjects that are generally not accepted for being overdone?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Generally no, The Smog is open to most things and writers, assuming you have the knowledge (in regard to competitive articles) of what you're writing about.

As someone very new to the community forums, I was hoping to contribute by trying to write an article for the smog and maybe do some art here or there if possible. I'm working on both applications and outline now but I was wondering if there were certain articles that have relentlessly found their way into smog time after time or certain subjects that are generally not accepted for being overdone?
Your best bet is to browse over some past editions of The Smog. Take a look and see what kinds of things have been done and what haven't. Generally the things that have been done are the best to steer clear from, while ideas that haven't been seen before are usually the best ones to pursue. Of course, if it's about a current metagame, chances are that it's going to be welcomed. The Smog is pretty open though, so if you've got an idea, it never hurts to pitch it to The Smog staff in the Article Approvals subforum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)