Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but if I want to use my pre-existing 5iv parent(no other better parent atm) of one species to breed with another species, then I'll just have to deal with it, isnt it? Or, in your opinion, is it easier to just restart from the safari(3ivs) and start my way back to the top to get the 5iv parents?
What I usually do is I start a breeding project by obtaining a female in Friend Safari (if possible). Then I'll breed it with a Ditto of the correct nature/father that has egg moves I want until I get a female (any IV) that has the right nature and egg moves. Once I have a female with the correct nature and egg moves, I'll breed it with my highest IV father in the egg group (at this point, I have flawless 6-IVs for most of them, but at least a 5-IV in all) until I get a better female. Then I'll breed the better female with the highest IV father. Rinse, dry, repeat. Eventually you'll get your desired result.

So, long story short, it's WAYYYY faster to just put up with the slow egg production, but have to hatch less eggs overall, then it is to start from scratch with each new breeding project.

What I usually do is I start a breeding project by obtaining a female in Friend Safari (if possible). Then I'll breed it with a Ditto of the correct nature/father that has egg moves I want until I get a female (any IV) that has the right nature and egg moves. Once I have a female with the correct nature and egg moves, I'll breed it with my highest IV father in the egg group (at this point, I have flawless 6-IVs for most of them, but at least a 5-IV in all) until I get a better female. Then I'll breed the better female with the highest IV father. Rinse, dry, repeat. Eventually you'll get your desired result.

So, long story short, it's WAYYYY faster to just put up with the slow egg production, but have to hatch less eggs overall, then it is to start from scratch with each new breeding project.
Alrighty :D Appreciate all the advice. Good luck with your future projects and take care.

I don't know if i can ask this here but... what is the best way to catch dittos?
I heard that catch rates doesn't pass to the transformation anymore, and i think it's true, becasue i tried using magikarp and threw many different pokeball and couldn't catch it.
I'm using false sweep but it takes too long. 3 turns of false sweep plus 2 or 3 turns of throwing pokeball with the chance of not catching him at all after he runs out of moves and kill himself
I'd like an easier way :v

What I do might be a bit easier. I lead with a Magikarp that only knows Splash (I used the Move Deleter to get rid of all other moves). Then, I use Splash and wait for the Ditto to use Transform. After it transforms, I switch in a Parasect with False Swipe and Spore. At this point, the Ditto can only use Splash, so it won't end up killing itself. Finally, I False Swipe until it's at 1 HP and then use Spore to put it to sleep. Your chance of catching it should be better with it asleep and at 1HP. Good luck!

The "kill itself" part means that after trying to use false sweep many times he uses another move and kill itself by recoil.
Well, thanks for the tip! I'll try this later.

I don't know if i can ask this here but... what is the best way to catch dittos?
I heard that catch rates doesn't pass to the transformation anymore, and i think it's true, becasue i tried using magikarp and threw many different pokeball and couldn't catch it.
I'm using false sweep but it takes too long. 3 turns of false sweep plus 2 or 3 turns of throwing pokeball with the chance of not catching him at all after he runs out of moves and kill himself
I'd like an easier way :v
I usually lead with a Pokemon like Bibarel that doesn't know any recoil moves. I have a high-level Bisharp that knows Thunder Wave and False Swipe, and I'll switch that in since it can take a lot of hits. Best place to hunt Ditto is in the Friend Safari. Sometimes you can catch them with a first-turn Quick Ball as well.

I tried asking the simple answers section but now that I think about it, maybe this is a better place to ask. I know an egg is generated every 255 steps using their respective percentages. Atm, I'm breeding two different species of parents with the same ID so the % chance is kinda low(19.8%) and it's really slowing me down because the eggs rarely generate and I'm usually cycling for 5~10mins or so without generating a single egg. Would it be possible to somehow save at around ~254 using the bike then move a few steps, try to generate the egg at the 255th step and if it doesn't appear, just SR to give it another try until I get one?
Whats an efficient way to generate a fast supply of eggs using my given situation? Please and thank you!
I would recommend getting the Oval Charm item. The egg spawning chance is then increased to 39.3%.

Is that available in Gen 6? I thought it was only in Gen5
Yes, I have it in gen 6. You can get it after seeing all pokemon in the regional dex. The 3 legendary birds and Mewtwo are not required as far as I know.

Last edited:

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
This thread totally needs a sticky. Still.

I found the best capturer is a Smeargle with the moves False Swipe, Spore, Soak, and Sweet Scent. Soak is perfect for removing grass type immunity to Spore and ghost type immunity to False Swipe.

Also my breeding runs seem to indicate that a Male HA + Ditto has a 60% chance of spawning a HA offspring, which is the same ratio as Female HA + Male.

And if anyone is curious, the odds of getting a Female HA egg from 87.5% male, 12.5% female Pokemon (like Bulbasaur) are a paltry 7.5%.

This thread totally needs a sticky. Still.

I found the best capturer is a Smeargle with the moves False Swipe, Spore, Soak, and Sweet Scent. Soak is perfect for removing grass type immunity to Spore and ghost type immunity to False Swipe.

Also my breeding runs seem to indicate that a Male HA + Ditto has a 60% chance of spawning a HA offspring, which is the same ratio as Female HA + Male.

And if anyone is curious, the odds of getting a Female HA egg from 87.5% male, 12.5% female Pokemon (like Bulbasaur) are a paltry 7.5%.
Sweet Scent is not necessary, but yeah, I think your method is the best one out there. I completely forgot that smeargle existed and that he could learn false swipe, spore, and any other move.
This takes less rounds(when ditto doesn't have HA, otherwise it's the same quantity of rounds with parasect/magikarp) and secures your ditto. I just don't use it because i already have my magiakrp/parasect combo and i'm not in the mood to catch a smeargle and make it learn the moves.
Here, take my Like.

Is it normal that I got about 60 male eevees and 0 females from breeding a destiny knot ditto and male eevee with everstone ?

Edit: nevermind, got a female at the 65th egg. I knew I had a 1/8 chance.

Last edited:
Ok I apologize in advance on case someone else had asked something like this earlier, but I'm new to this whole breeding thing.

Ok, so here's the situation

In the daycare right now, I have a male and female pokemon. Both have their HA's and both have the right nature (timid). The female has 31/x/31/x/31/31 and the male has 31/31/31/x/31/31. I don't really care that much about the attack stat, but I really need a perfect IV for special attack. And I also need to make sure their nature remains the same.

Does anyone know how to get it so that their offspring will end up timid and having 31/x/31/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs?

Thanks!

Last edited:
i've got a question. its probably answered but i need to clear some doubts. i have a atk,def,Sp.atk gible and a sp.def ditto. to get all four into gible, i must hatch countless of eggs. is that correct? also, do i put destiny knot to the ditto or gible as i know 5 of the iv will be pass down but i seem to only get 1 or 2 pass down and so i fear that i might put g pokemon or perhaps it dont really matter? thanks

i've got a question. its probably answered but i need to clear some doubts. i have a atk,def,Sp.atk gible and a sp.def ditto. to get all four into gible, i must hatch countless of eggs. is that correct? also, do i put destiny knot to the ditto or gible as i know 5 of the iv will be pass down but i seem to only get 1 or 2 pass down and so i fear that i might put g pokemon or perhaps it dont really matter? thanks
It doesn't matter which pokemon holds the knot but what I personally do is have the pokemon that is going to be in the daycare the longest hold it. In your case that's going to be ditto.

Everytime you get a gible that is closer to what you're looking for you'll want to remove the previous gible to increase your odds of getting a better one.

You'll start with this
Ditto 31/31/31/31/x Gible x/x/x/x/x/x
And then this
Ditto 31/31/31/31/x Gible 31/x/x/x/x/x
And then this
Ditto 31/31/31/31/x Gible 31/31/x/x/x/x
And so on until you have a gible with 4 31's

It doesn't matter which pokemon holds the knot but what I personally do is have the pokemon that is going to be in the daycare the longest hold it. In your case that's going to be ditto.

Everytime you get a gible that is closer to what you're looking for you'll want to remove the previous gible to increase your odds of getting a better one.

You'll start with this
Ditto 31/31/31/31/x Gible x/x/x/x/x/x
And then this
Ditto 31/31/31/31/x Gible 31/x/x/x/x/x
And then this
Ditto 31/31/31/31/x Gible 31/31/x/x/x/x
And so on until you have a gible with 4 31's
i see.. now its much more convincing that the destiny know does not work by having the pokemon to have all the stats at one go. besides, kept on shifting the destiny knot between pokemon as i might not be putting at the right one. im definitely gonna try your method. thanks!

Thanks for all the info ! I was just wondering which method would be best to obtain hidden power pokemon? Catch dittos and check for the 30 iv stat then use a power item?

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I've been trying to breed a female Torchic from the male event Pokemon I received, but all thirteen eggs so far have been male. I'm assuming that this is just the odds messing with me, but can anyone confirm that the female can indeed be bred?

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I've been trying to breed a female Torchic from the male event Pokemon I received, but all thirteen eggs so far have been male. I'm assuming that this is just the odds messing with me, but can anyone confirm that the female can indeed be bred?
Yes, you have a 1/8 chance of getting a female. Note that if you want Speed Boost as the ability, your female has to have Speed Boost or you have to breed the speed boost male with a Ditto.

Yes, you have a 1/8 chance of getting a female. Note that if you want Speed Boost as the ability, your female has to have Speed Boost or you have to breed the speed boost male with a Ditto.
Thanks, odds of getting a female with speed boost are 1/8 * 3/5 =3/40 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)