VGC 2014 Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I might as Well post some HUGE threats here.
MegaCharizard, MegaAbomasnow, Excadrill, MegaGarchomp, Diggersby,
These are all things to watch out for, along with Trickroom+MegaAmpharos and Tailwind Talonflame.

It's Going to certainly be interesting.

they went full retard with restricting so many pokemons , way to make vgc even more boring , it was not enough people using allways the same combos
seriously, You w'ont see thundurus slapped on every team, and there's like i dunno, almost 500 pokémons avaiable.

Players may use Pokémon from the Central Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #150, Coastal Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #153, or Mountain Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #147.
Players may use items that have been officially released via Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
Yeah.

Also, Showdown doesn't currently allow Mega-Evolution for more than one Pokemon, but I can't find anything in the document that says that only one Pokemon is allowed to Mega-Evolve (it just says "Pokémon are allowed to Mega Evolve"). Or am I just blind? If not, I'll post on the Showdown forums about it.

One Mega Evolution per battle is a game mechanic, not a tournament rule. The game physically will not let you Mega Evolve two pokes in the same battle.

Ok go ahead and try using Blaziken on the PS! VGC '14 ladder then genius, because I don't know how much more I can spell it out for you.
I misread the items line as "Pokemon." My appologies. OP was poorly formatted so that one reading the "items" line will see it as "Pokemon" due to the layout of the post.

can you use hidden abilities of kalos dex mons that arent in hordes?
So long as they are caught or bred in XY yes. Im not aware of any vgc legal pokemon where their HA is not found in XY but only in BW (if they exist they are fringe cases). The only cases I can think of are the three birds, but their HAs were never released to begin with.
Conkeldurr is a notable example of a Kalos dex Pokemon who isn't able to get its hidden ability yet
I haven't seen anyone bring it up yet, but what you can do it transfer a hidden ability Kalos Pokemon from BW/2, like Iron Fist Conkeldurr or Speed Boost Sharpedo, and breed it in XY and have a legal hidden ability Kalos Pokemon! Sorry if that was super obvious but no one brought it up so I thought I would!

Last edited:

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I haven't seen anyone bring it up yet, but what you can do it transfer a hidden ability Kalos Pokemon from BW/2, like Iron Fist Conkeldurr or Speed Boost Sharpedo, and breed it in XY and have a legal hidden ability Kalos Pokemon! Sorry if that was super obvious but no one brought it up
Yes, you can do this.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
If you transfer a Darkrai over from DPP --> BW/2 --> XY and have the Smeargle Sketch it, it's perfectly legal!
At least for now. TPCI will be reviewing Dark Void through the season; it may very well be banned before Nationals come around.

So previous gen move tutors are illegal, but sketching a move only obtainable in a previous gen is legal? Pfft. Dark Void is so broken too! But I guess it doesn't state anything about that specifically so that's that!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So that means Kangaskahnite isn't banned from VGC either?
The only mega evolutions banned from VGC 2014 are Blaziken and Mewtwo, but only because those two Pokemon aren't allowed in this season's VGC to begin with. VGC tournaments have specific banlists, but they are not the same as Smogon banlists in any sense.

I've never played VGC, but seeing so many mons banned is very off putting. Wish there was a sort of in between one that allows mons out of the kalos dex.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I've never played VGC, but seeing so many mons banned is very off putting. Wish there was a sort of in between one that allows mons out of the kalos dex.
There is. It's called Rated Wi-Fi battles, as well as Free Wi-Fi battles which is unrestricted. Also it's probably (in my opinion) that VGC2015 season will allow full Pokedex minus the usual suspecst (Mew, Mewtwo, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)