Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In "Pokebank" where theoretically you can transfer Pokemon from previous gens, it is illegal in PokeBank to have Flame Body Heatran. Clearly, this is a contridiction
Flame Body Heatran is unavailable in Gen 5 because its Hidden ability was never released. As a result you cannot use it in Pokebank OU, which only allows legal combinations.

edit: woo 200 posts

Hey i wanted report 2 bugs:

First the attacks of a pokemon with the ability Overcoat were redirected by Rage powder which is a bug!!!
Second the ability Lightningrood don´t funktion behind Protect(normaly i think it´s should raise the attack even if the pokemon protected, doesn´t it?)

Hey i wanted report 2 bugs:

First the attacks of a pokemon with the ability Overcoat were redirected by Rage powder which is a bug!!!
Second the ability Lightningrood don´t funktion behind Protect(normaly i think it´s should raise the attack even if the pokemon protected, doesn´t it?)
Rage powder probably is a bug, overcoat pokemon should be immune to it.
And u want to activate lighting rod behind protect? U are asking too much.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-68821864

Turn 9. I don't even know what happened here. Gourgeist is in its disappearing turn of Phantom Force, Goodra uses non-ghost Curse and it fails, saying it's not able to it Gourgeist. Then a turn or two later, when Gourgeist's been switched out, it works normally again. Definitely a bug, which I'd guess is more related to Phantom Force than to Curse or Goodra.

I believe I may have found a bug regarding Parental Bond + Explosion. When Mega-Kangaskhan uses Explosion, it just faints with no damage dealt.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-68998897

Essentially Zam skillswapped damp onto khan, allowing it to safely mimic explosion

Now, the interesting part:

On turn 4: Genesect uses Explosion, but Damp blocks it.

Genesect used Explosion!
The opposing Kangaskhan's Damp activated!

Neither Pokemon fainted or took damage.

On turn 8: Genesect uses Explosion on a Ghost.

Genesect used Explosion!
It doesn't affect the opposing Aegislash...

The immunity message pops up, and Genesect faints, Aegislash takes no damage.

But, on turn 6:

The opposing Kangaskhan used Explosion!

The opposing Kangaskhan fainted!

Kangaskhan uses Explosion...and just faints. No immunity message, no Damp message. Skarmory takes no damage at all.

Instead of hitting once or twice (which is what we were trying to test), Explosion just causes Khan to faint. We've also tested by just putting Explosion on Skarm, and by using Explosion on other mons. Explosion just causes Khan to faint with no other effect.

parental bond EQ only hits once in the actual game, i don't know if this is how it works on showdown (i thought you guys "fixed" it) but just a heads up

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I believe I may have found a bug regarding Parental Bond + Explosion. When Mega-Kangaskhan uses Explosion, it just faints with no damage dealt.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-68998897
Essentially Zam skillswapped damp onto khan, allowing it to safely mimic explosion

Now, the interesting part:

On turn 4: Genesect uses Explosion, but Damp blocks it.

Genesect used Explosion!
The opposing Kangaskhan's Damp activated!

Neither Pokemon fainted or took damage.

On turn 8: Genesect uses Explosion on a Ghost.

Genesect used Explosion!
It doesn't affect the opposing Aegislash...

The immunity message pops up, and Genesect faints, Aegislash takes no damage.

But, on turn 6:

The opposing Kangaskhan used Explosion!

The opposing Kangaskhan fainted!

Kangaskhan uses Explosion...and just faints. No immunity message, no Damp message. Skarmory takes no damage at all.

Instead of hitting once or twice (which is what we were trying to test), Explosion just causes Khan to faint. We've also tested by just putting Explosion on Skarm, and by using Explosion on other mons. Explosion just causes Khan to faint with no other effect.
Confirming that Parental Bond Explosion is wonky. I didn't test to see if it was just plain old Explosion being messed up, but nonetheless: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/customgame-69159725
parental bond EQ only hits once in the actual game, i don't know if this is how it works on showdown (i thought you guys "fixed" it) but just a heads up
Parental Bond EQ only hits once in double battles, but hits twice in single battles. This is how it works ingame.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
It hits once only when it hits multiple opponents, so in singles, it does indeed hit twice.

Anyway as for a long-standing "bug", it has been proven that Mega Kangaskahn hdoes NOT learn Knock Off in any way, if you would be so kind as to fix this generations-old error :)

okay, cause i have a few people tell me that EQ doesn't hit twice ever in game, so now i have conflicting sides (i lack megakanga on my game so i should probably just hop on that and try it out for myself)

In Gen 5 games Assist does not call up Dive or Bounce (or, I presume, other 2-turn moves) when I've heard that it does in the past (Prankster-Assist-Fly with a Lagging Tail, for example, being a strategy). Not that this is brilliant evidence, but this is a thread that talks about it.

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/910-diving-purrloin-and-liepard/

Anyway I tried it out on the sim and it didn't work. Purrloin tries to Assist on Turn 4 and it fails, while Ludicolo shows it knows Dive on Turn 18 and Lopunny uses Bounce later.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen5ru-69177846

I've heard that Assist was changed in Gen 6 to no longer pick up 2-turn moves, but this was a Gen 5 battle, and if I understand correctly it shouldn't be affected by the change in Gen 6.

Anyway I really apologize if this has already been addressed. I did my best to search thoroughly before posting.

In Gen 5 games Assist does not call up Dive or Bounce (or, I presume, other 2-turn moves) when I've heard that it does in the past (Prankster-Assist-Fly with a Lagging Tail, for example, being a strategy). Not that this is brilliant evidence, but this is a thread that talks about it.

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/910-diving-purrloin-and-liepard/

Anyway I tried it out on the sim and it didn't work. Purrloin tries to Assist on Turn 4 and it fails, while Ludicolo shows it knows Dive on Turn 18 and Lopunny uses Bounce later.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen5ru-69177846

I've heard that Assist was changed in Gen 6 to no longer pick up 2-turn moves, but this was a Gen 5 battle, and if I understand correctly it shouldn't be affected by the change in Gen 6.

Anyway I really apologize if this has already been addressed. I did my best to search thoroughly before posting.
Fixed after restart. I blame Level 51.

so i don't know if you know but apparently, some speed things get wonky, for example

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-69219824

at turn 12, defeeted's tyranitar outspeeds a choice scarf imposter ditto somehow, the same battler defeeted also had his timid mega kangaskhan was outsped by a non choice scarf hydreigon (he didn't save teh replay for me so i'm sorry)

these are only 2 instances of it happening but there have probably been more

The fuck is going on with showdown at the moment. When I try to enter my name, nothing happens. I can't log in. I can't ask a mod what's going on because I need to be logged on to chat. And furthermore I can't battle or do anything. I am not banned or muted, there is no reason why I would be. Why is it not recognising my sign in? I can't even try a new name.
And furthermore the Showdown forums seem to be not working. And this bloody thread hasnt had any activity since August. This is straight up bullshit right here.

I read the first page and checked the last to for any mention of it and no dice so here we go.

Sceptile's moveset that's available in Pokébank OU is missing a vast amount of moves that Sceptile is capable of learning including, but not limited to:
-LEAF BLADE
-X-Scissor
-Focus Blast
-Pursuit
-Night Slash
-Agility
-Dragon Pulse
-Dragon Claw
-Drain Punch
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-etc. etc. etc.

In fact, it seems like the only moves listed are his egg moves and NOTHING ELSE.

I read the first page and checked the last to for any mention of it and no dice so here we go.

Sceptile's moveset that's available in Pokébank OU is missing a vast amount of moves that Sceptile is capable of learning including, but not limited to:

[...]

In fact, it seems like the only moves listed are his egg moves and NOTHING ELSE.
You weren't using the Teambuilder in Pokébank OU, but in OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)