Featured LC Player of the Week 2: macle

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone, and welcome to this edition of the featured LC player of the week! This project aims to increase visibility of LC players to both the outside world and our community while promoting both users and the strategies they think are effective in the metagame. If you'd like to see someone interviewed for Featured LC Player of the Week, please feel free to pm me! If you'd like to see something done differently, also please let me know!

macle
Favorite Pokemon: Poliwag
Most Known For: "favorite frog mon?"
Playstyle: Offensive
Signature Pokemon: Swirlix, Carvanha, Yanma
This week's subject is macle. Macle is a mod for the LC forums, and has been actively involved in the community for some time, despite what his posting habits may suggest. You're more likely to find macle on our irc channel, #littlecup, where he actively contributes his ever-confounding sagacity such as "go frogs". Macle has also been responsible for running the first XY LC tourney in Uncharted Territory and is an assistant manager for the SPL team "The Smog Frogs", so you should all make sure to pm right this second for a try out, even if you aren't exactly sure what LC is or aren't looking to play in the SPL, ya know, just in case. But alas, the intent of this post is to focus on macle and not SPL drama (a topic which may very well end up being discussed in the replies here as it seems to be everywhere), so let's turn to my interview with macle.

How did you start playing LC? Do you remember your first team?
A long long time ago, I was really active in the cap community where i met people like tennisace, deck knight, vader, etc. I tried lc once on dougs server but I really sucked and didn't know anything about lc. Later I decided to pick up lc and got hooked. My first team was a rain team with Voltorb, Horsea, Wopper (wtf), Bronzor (i think), Gunk, and Kabuto.

What is your favorite element of LC?
The fast pace of lc. I used to play OU but playing against stall is so boring.

If you could change one thing about LC by banning or unbanning it, what would it be?
Banning Murkrow in BW lc. A lot of tournament players felt that it was broken and it kinda made lc into a joke imo.

What do you think is the most successful Pokemon, core, or strategy in the current meta?
Most successful pokemon would probably be Tangela. The ability to possibly beat every one of its checks its just insane.

Advice to new LCers?
Play and experiment. There's (sic - wow, that grammar mistake!) a lot of unexplored pokemon in the metagame currently.

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Meditite @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Yanma @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Gligar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Level: 5
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Swirlix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 20 HP / 68 Def / 204 SAtk / 204 SDef
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower

Misdreavus @ Berry Juice
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

"A team of mine. I won a lc tourney on ps with it. Also a lot of lcers have had success with it like iss who went like 12-0 with it. It suits my playstyle well, applying offensive pressure to players. Basically you want to sweep with either Yanma, Carvanha, or Swirlix, Weaken the counters to one of those with Knock offs from Gligar or Will-O-Wisp from Missy. Gligar and Medititate can help check threats."

Closing Remarks from the Editor
Thanks again for tuning into another edition of Featured LC Player of the Week! For those looking to get into LC, macle has provided some good advice on what is important about LC and his team is easy to pick up and use as it revolves around the synergy present in the many offensive Pokemon currently available in the meta. As always, feel free to pm your questions and suggestions to me. Thanks to macle for being an awesome subject!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm glad somebody finally acknowledges how 1. Murkrow was annoying as fuck last Gen and 2. Tangela is way too powerful this Gen.

I'm excited for upcoming tiering discussion :)

Also Kingler12345 he very well could be running bulk as opposed to SpA to prevent being massacred by almost every priority attack there is :0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)