Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Using Sky Drop when targetting the wrong opponent on the second turn. In reality, you should not be able anything on the second turn.

Targetting the other opposing Pokemon on the second turn (it happens to be Flying-type, and thus deals no damage) http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoublesbeta-69666409

Turn 6
tommyiscool withdrew Diggersby!

tommyiscool sent out Gyarados!
The opposing Gyarados intimidates Aerodactyl!
Aerodactyl's Attack fell!
The opposing Gyarados intimidates Azumarill!
Azumarill's Attack fell!

The opposing Alakazam used Psyshock!
Aerodactyl lost 68.9% of its health!

Aerodactyl used Sky Drop!
Aerodactyl took the opposing Alakazam into the sky!

Azumarill used Waterfall!
It's not very effective... The opposing Gyarados lost 16% of its health!

The opposing Gyarados restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 7

Azumarill, come back!

Go! Aegislash!
(Sky Drop prevented a Pokemon from moving.)

The opposing Gyarados used Waterfall!
Aerodactyl avoided the attack!

It doesn't affect the opposing Gyarados...

The sunlight faded.
The opposing team's tailwind petered out!
Turn 8
Darkmalice: so that what happens if you target gyarados with sky drop
Darkmalice: whoops
tommyiscool: is my alakazam stuck?
Darkmalice: i think so
tommyiscool: ...........

Aegislash used Shadow Sneak!
The opposing Gyarados lost 27% of its health!

Aerodactyl used Rock Slide!
The opposing Alakazam lost 59% of its health!
It's super effective! The opposing Gyarados lost 59% of its health!

The opposing Alakazam used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective! Aegislash lost 100% of its health!

Aegislash fainted!

The opposing Gyarados flinched and couldn't move!

Darkmalice: i gues not

Go! Azumarill!
Turn 9
tommyiscool: but u still get flinch...

Azumarill used Aqua Jet!
The opposing Alakazam lost 41% of its health!

The opposing Alakazam fainted!

Aerodactyl used Rock Slide!
A critical hit! It's super effective! The opposing Gyarados lost 16% of its health!

The opposing Gyarados fainted!

tommyiscool sent out Diggersby!

On the second turn, when Aerodactyl was in the air, I targeted Gyarados with Sky Drop to see what would happen. It failed, dealing no damage to Alakazam, and then Alakazam didn't attack that turn when it should have.

For the rest of the match, Alakazam sprite remains backwards, but it can still attack and be attacked.

Then here is when I target my own Pokemon on the second turn. I actually KOed my own Scrafty.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoublesbeta-69667715
Turn 11

The opposing Scizor used Bullet Punch!
It's not very effective... Rotom-Mow lost 18.1% of its health!

Rotom-Mow fainted!

Aerodactyl took the opposing Scizor into the sky!

The opposing Scizor was hurt by its burn!

Go! Scrafty!
Scrafty intimidates the opposing Scizor!
The opposing Scizor's Attack fell!
Turn 12

Scrafty used Fake Out!
The opposing Scizor avoided the attack!

It's super effective! Scrafty lost 71.9% of its health!

Scrafty fainted!

The opposing Scizor used Roost!
The opposing Scizor regained health!

The opposing Scizor was hurt by its burn!
The opposing team's Reflect wore off!

Go! Talonflame!

I also find it interesting that the Sky Dropped Pokemon cannot attack in the former scenario but can in the latter scenario. In both cases the dropped Pokemon is slower than Mega Aerodactyl.

EDIT: Sky drop also fails to work if the target of Sky Drop faints before being picked up, this is instead of targeting the opposing Pokemon.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebanksmogondoublesbeta-69669975
The opposing Tusky lost 8% of its health!

The opposing Tusky fainted!

Zapdos used Sky Drop!

The opposing Munchlaxative usedStockpile!
The opposing Munchlaxative stockpiled 1!
The opposing Munchlaxative's Defense rose!
The opposing Munchlaxative's Special Defense rose!

The opposing team's tailwind petered out!

Crimson Draze sent out Slasher (Garchomp)!

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
well I am a noob and forgot to save the replay but the problem is easy enough to replicate

Aerodactyl picked up my Aromatisse with Sky Drop in doubles, then it Mega Evolved it and damaged my Shuckle with it on the way down instead of hitting Aromatisse like it should. Not sure if that's a function of the Mega Evolution, or Sky Drop just erroneously hits whatever you target on the way down instead of damaging the grabbed mon, but either way that's not how it should function.

oh nevermind I see Darkmalice right above me already said the same thing but yeah

Hi, I believe there's a problem with the battle timer, particularly in doubles. In several matches the countdown timer has been running at a faster pace than the number of seconds it displays is remaining, or skips a bunch of seconds. I was told to share a replay if it happens again, and i've done so here:

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-pokebanksmogondoublesbeta-69758939
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebanksmogondoublesbeta-69758939

In the last turn it was most noticeable as I didn't get time to make an attack. I was given in the order of 10-15 seconds by my estimates not 40

Please could you look into this. Thanks

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Joim or anybody who can work on this:

As shown by this replay - Sky Drop is not implemented correctly. On Showdown! after a Sky Drop user lifts a target up in the air, it can then select a different target on the second turn to inflict damage as it drops the previous target (without damage).

Heal Pulse seems to heal the opponent if the ally is fainted before the move can be used during Double Battle. I'm pretty sure the move will just fail instead due to there is no target because I've seen it a few times in Maison

Everytime I go to "choose name" in showdown, whether I type in my account name or a different one, it never signs me in. Sometimes it will ask for my password, but when I hit enter or choose name it just skips and won't let me sign in to battle at all. Anything I'm doing wrong or is this a bug?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Visual bug only, and I forgot to save the replay, sorry

If bounce is used and misses the target, then the pokemon that used bounce's sprite remains in midair. Other attacks can be selected and they will all hit; it's just visual.

Bug involving incorrect speed calculation:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-69766907

(round 10, I should have outsped)

EDIT: Nvm, forgot to take note of gooey goodra dropping scizors speed

But there is a bug surrounding Keldeo's speed atm, it seems to outspeed tier 110 fully invested mons (without sticky web or icy wind). I'm unsure if its a incorrect variable calculation leading to keldeo having an insane speed or whether all its moves have priority. I don't have a reply to show but it didn't outspeed +3 shift gear genesect, but it did outspeed fully invested latios that came in to check it.

Last edited:
Everytime I go to "choose name" in showdown, whether I type in my account name or a different one, it never signs me in. Sometimes it will ask for my password, but when I hit enter or choose name it just skips and won't let me sign in to battle at all. Anything I'm doing wrong or is this a bug?
This has been happening to me as well; the site has been crashing a lot lately and I think part of it has to do with that, but I'm not entirely sure

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
If you only have one Pokemon on your side in Doubles, you cannot launch Helping Hand at all because you are unable to select a target. This means that if Helping Hand is your last move with PP, you are unable to move until the timer inevitably runs out. In reality this should lead to a "But it failed!" error.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've had a few graphics bugs noted down for a while, but since I now have a bug to report that is non-aesthetic, I'll mention that alongside the graphics bugs.

I saw Mega Gengar being used in the CAP ladder: Is the CAP ladder not synched to OU's bans?

There we go. Onto graphics bugs:

Noticeably fast animations:
  • Minccino line
  • Crustle
  • Bouffalant
  • Cubchoo line
  • Bisharp
Noticeably slow animations:
  • Sigilyph
  • Volcarona back
Other:
  • Shiny Kyogre back still has a blue highlight dot, unfixed since my last mention
  • Hitmontop's back animation is missing outlines on a frame
  • Talonflame's animated sprite is blurry, even if the pokedex image is fine. I presume this is because the version used in games has different given dimensions than the ones saved, thus 'scaling' the image and making it look blurry
  • Cawmodore's static shiny has the same colors as its static normal ones (actual colors can be seen here)

In addition, I have some comments that are more suggestions than bugs (but I figure a single post here is better for info density):
  • May there be Fairy-type-specific attacking animations? It could be the normal white ball, but with some sparkles around it. Play Rough could have the same animation as Close Combat, but with sparkles instead of/alongside fists. :P
  • A Sticky Web graphic would be useful, as it's an entry hazard, but it does not have a graphic as other entry hazards do on PS!.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)