Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Okey doke. Since pokebank is almost out, I wanna kick it off with a scramble. A scramble for Y, if you please.
~GO CRAZY WITH DIFFICULTY, I DONT CARE
~I want a bunch of different types, so I can handle different things.
~Creativity is key.
~Starters are accepted.
~Gonna add a theme to shake things up. Holidays. One pokemon themed after the following holidays: Christmas, New Year's, Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. Have fun with that

Allons-y!

I reserve an Easter mon...

Florencia is a Venusaur obsessed with springtime, when easter takes place. As a Bulbasaur, she is a seed, so she spreads seeds throughout the pokemon world. The way she does it is by using leech seed at least once in every battle she is used in. She must reject all poison moves, since poison kills flowers, and she must never kill a grass, ground,
or water pokemon because they help her spread plants. As an ivysaur, she has become infatuated with leaves, so she switches from using leech seed every battle to razor leaf. After involving into a flowering Venusaur after killing 20 fire and poison types (the enemy of flowers), she spreads flowers everywhere by uaing sunny day and petal dance in every battle she is in. She must solo Malva, any trainers in Wulfric's gym, and any team Flare bosses since ther types make her angry; ice, fire, and poison kill flowers! She must leave at least 5 eggs in the daycare, since eggs are a part of Easter tradition. Also, every time she faints you must wait 3 days to revive her, as Jesus rose after three days (easter)

Last edited:
Santa, Muriga, CarveMeUp, Florencia, and to-be-determined Halloween mon accepted. Wow, I really didn't think it'd be done that quickly. NOT COMPLAINING, THOUGH.

~May not use: Brave Bird, Razor Wind, Acrobatics, Tailwind, Fly, Steel Wing, U-Turn
~May not fight Steel-types
~Must solo 11 mons to evolve
~Must solo Wulfric to evolve further
~Must hold Babiri Berry when battling (OOH THERE'S THE CATCH)

~As a Bulbasaur, must use leech seed in every battle
~May not learn any poison moves
~May not defeat Grass, Ground, and Water mons
~As an Ivysaur, must use Razor Leaf instead of Leech Seed in every battle
~Must defeat 20 Fire and Poison types to evolve
~As a Venusaur, must use Sunny Day and Petal Dance instead of Razor Lead in every battle
~(Can't solo Wulfric because of CarveMeUp, can we go with the rest of his Gym instead) and must solo Team Flare Bosses
~Whenever Florencia faints, she must wait 3 days to be revived *weeps bitter tears*

Saw this coming a mile away
~Can only use Present and Bestow
~Must use Present 3 times in every major battle (Thankfully this doesn't mean Flare Bosses because Florencia)
QUESTION: Can I put Fly in his moveset, as long as I don't use it? Just for convenience's sake?

~Must hold Sweet Heart in battle
~May only use: Defense Curl, Lick, Yawn, Body Slam, Rest, Snore, Sleep Talk, Rollout, Crunch, Heavy Slam
~May not battle Fighting types
~Must switch out if hit with a fighting type move
~If healed with Pokecenter, must buy $1000 worth of stuff and immediately throw it away

~May not use a move that it didn't know upon evolving
~May not use moves outside of Route 2 or Santalune forest
~Moves that violate one of the restrictions above may be used, but not both.
~May not participate in battles on Route 20
~All restrictions are off on the first day of April, August, or December
SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT cuz I'm kinda confused. Nostalgia may not use a move that he didn't know when he evolved. So the full list of moves he can use outside of Santalune forest and Route 2 are:
Rain Dance
Hidden Power
Tackle
String Shot
Harden
Confusion
Bug Bite
HOWEVER, if he uses Rain Dance, with Hidden power following directly after, he may use any move outside of Santalune forest and Route 2.

~Must always know Trick-or-Treat
~As a pumpkaboo, must keep trick in his moveset as well
~To evolve, must use Trick-or-Treat on 10 trainer-owned pokemon and one gym leader mon
~After evolving, must forget Trick and learn Explosion and Fire Blast ASAP
~Must solo Malva without Exploding
~Must solo Diantha's Gourgeist and Explode on her next mon
~Must solo AZ, finishing him off with Explosion.

Last edited:
Itsame Take Nostalgia the Caterpie
1. A wistful thought or desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland
2. A sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time.
3. Something that elicits or displays nostalgia.
Definition from dictionary.reference.com

Nostalgia the Caterpie could make for a definition of nostalgia. It could work to put him as the picture for nostalgia in a dictionary. As such, Nostalgia may not use moves that violate both parts of its nostalgia.
Part 1: It may not use a move that it did not know upon evolving into its current form. If it is a Caterpie, then this part is violated upon using Tackle.
Part 2: It may not use a move when outside Route 2 and Santalune Forest.

It also may not participate at all in battles in Route 20, as it reminds it too heavily of Santalune Forest, where it spent most of its time, as the third part of feeling nostalgic.

However, Nostalgia loves the Fourth of July. All previously listed restrictions are off on the days equal to July 4th in-game (the 4th and 5th days of February, June and October). It may also temporarily turn off restrictions by using Sunny Day and a special grass-type move, recreate what it saw one time when it was accidentally taken by boat to Unova that day. The restrictions will be off until the end of that real-life day. Why? It remembers seeing some fireworks celebrations over in Unova back when it was a Caterpie, and it really loved them.
Also, Sunny Day may be used regardless the scenario, and a special grass-type move may be used whenever it is sunny.
Replace Sunny Day with Rain Dance and a grass-type special move with Hidden Power. Replace all instances of Fourth of July with New Year's Day, and it is on the first day of April, August, and December. It also saw celebrations, not fireworks, and in Kalos, not Unova. Now it is themed after New Years' Day.

I want to begin my first scramble challenge, it sounds interesting!

-Version: SoulSilver

-Trade Restrictions: Pokemon may be traded in from other games so that I may use them, but no trading otherwise

-Difficulty: Medium-Hard, leaning towards hard

-Rules: Only dog and cat-esque pokemon. Quirky movesets preferred. 6 pokemon. No legendaries. No two pokemon of the same type unless one has a dual type the other doesn't have.

Scramblemons please!
You get Cheezburger the Meowth (if that doesn't fit, Cheezburgr will do. Just get the point across)

Cheezburger is the internet incarnate. First of all, He must use Fake Out at the beginning of each battle, because he likes for other pokemon to flinch at invisible attacks, seeing as how LOLcats like invisible things. He is also a very cocky troll, so whenever he encounters a fighting type, he must Taunt it with his iconic "COME AT ME BRO" or "DO YOU EVEN LIFT" and defeat the fighting type. Because he is such a troll, he must use Nasty Plot in each battle to figure out ways that he can screw with the enemy. The fourth slot is up to you. Because he wants to prove that he's a master troll, He should make all Wobbuffets and Zubat line mons bow before him by soloing them. To evolve he must solo at least 20 Zubats, Golbats, Crobats, or Wobbuffets, and your rival's Golbat.Just for good measure in a scramble, he must solo Clair, because Wynaut?

Santa, Muriga, CarveMeUp, Florencia, and to-be-determined Halloween mon accepted. Wow, I really didn't think it'd be done that quickly. NOT COMPLAINING, THOUGH.

~May not use: Brave Bird, Razor Wind, Acrobatics, Tailwind, Fly, Steel Wing, U-Turn
~May not fight Steel-types
~Must solo 11 mons to evolve
~Must solo Wulfric to evolve further
~Must hold Babiri Berry when battling (OOH THERE'S THE CATCH)

~As a Bulbasaur, must use leech seed in every battle
~May not learn any poison moves
~May not defeat Grass, Ground, and Water mons
~As an Ivysaur, must use Razor Leaf instead of Leech Seed in every battle
~Must defeat 20 Fire and Poison types to evolve
~As a Venusaur, must use Sunny Day and Petal Dance instead of Razor Lead in every battle
~(Can't solo Wulfric because of CarveMeUp, can we go with the rest of his Gym instead) and must solo Team Flare Bosses
~Whenever Florencia faints, she must wait 3 days to be revived *weeps bitter tears*

~Can only use Present and Bestow
~Must use Present 3 times in every major battle (Thankfully this doesn't mean Flare Bosses because Florencia)
QUESTION: Can I put Fly in his moveset, as long as I don't use it? Just for convenience's sake?

~Must hold Sweet Heart in battle
~May only use: Defense Curl, Lick, Yawn, Body Slam, Rest, Snore, Sleep Talk, Rollout, Crunch, Heavy Slam
~May not battle Fighting types
~Must switch out if hit with a fighting type move
~If healed with Pokecenter, must buy $1000 worth of stuff and immediately throw it away

~May not use a move that it didn't know upon evolving(so basically, his final moveset will be hidden power, rain dance, harden, and confusion if I evolve him immediately)
~May not use moves outside of Route 2 or Santalune forest UNLESS he uses Rain Dance and Hidden Power
~May not participate in battles on Route 20
~All restrictions are off on the first day of April, August, or December
OK here comes the most Halloween thing there is...

Take Jack the Male Super-Sized Pumpkaboo.

Jack loves Halloween. As such, it must always know Trick-Or-Treat. It also thinks Trick is cool, so it must know that. To evolve, take 10 trainer-owned Pokemon and one Gym leader Pokemon Trick-Or-Treating. After that, it just wants the treats, not the tricks. So it must forget Trick. Since he is a lantern, he must learn Fire Blast and Explosion immediately after evolving. Once in the Elite Four, solo Malva without Exploding. After that, it sees how hard life is for it, and must then face Diantha's Gourgeist and solo it for self-esteem. Then, it will happily Explode on her next mon. Also, solo AZ. Try to finish him off with Explosion, although this is not necessary.

Sure, just be sure not to use Fly in battle
Ikr I was like MUST USE DELIBIRDZ

Btw I'll have another ruby update coming soon.

So, because Winter Break started and I don't have much better to do, I'm gonna start a Pokemon White challange!
-Medium difficulty; I want to be able to beat it before school starts again, and without tearing out all of my hair in the process.
-I would prefer pokemon that can be caught in-game, and at least two that I can get before the first gym.
-Try to get creative; I want to enjoy this.

So, because Winter Break started and I don't have much better to do, I'm gonna start a Pokemon White challange!
-Medium difficulty; I want to be able to beat it before school starts again, and without tearing out all of my hair in the process.
-I would prefer pokemon that can be caught in-game, and at least two that I can get before the first gym.

Meet YOLO, the Scraggy! Scraggy is a pokemon from the hood, so rappers such as Drake are its role models. Being a rapper, it has swag, so once it learns Swagger it must use it in every match it is in-and own it! Now, YOLO has rival gangs: other dark or fighting types. When it sees one, it must solo it, and to evole into Scrafty it must solo twenty of them. When it meets Elite Four Marshal, YOLO will be so enraged by a rival fighting type gang that it will solo him. It's ability must be Moxie, cuz he has more money, drugs, and women than all the other rappers, therefore, he has overconfidence.

Itsame for Nostalgia the Caterpie, it may not use moves that break both of the first two restrictions, ones that break one or the other are allowed. Also, the 1st, 2nd, and 4th restrictions are all turned off for the day if it uses Rain Dance, and then Hidden Power.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Okey dokey. Take Ezio the Venipede. Ezio thinks he's an assassin, do he must have Poison point as his ability. Esio doesn't trust other poison types, as they may be out to kill him, so he must solo all poison types to ensure his survival. All good assassins need poisonous weapons, soc Ezio must carry Poison Sting at all times. Ezio doesn't like his target to escape, so he must carry pursuit. In order to evolve, Ezio must solo all of team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest. In order to evolve into scolipede, Ezio must solo N when he reveals he is the king of Team Plasma. He feels accomplished that he killed the king and may forgetpoison sting and replace it with poison tail, carrying it at all times. He now feels he has to evade those who are after him and must learn either double team or substitute and never forget it.

Kavatika for your HG scramble

Take Coccyx the Slowpoke
Coccyx was around during the TRSlowpoke Tail scam, fortunately enough it's tail stayed intact very fortunate because it's tail does not regenerate it's all bone. It became very afraid after the scam as a result it cannot stay in on any trainer owned mon that learns Slash, Night Slash or Guillotine by Lv. up . It cannot use any contact moves once it gets Water Gun. It must lead with Disable because it thinks using that move it can catch its opponent off guard. It can only evolve once it learns Amnesia since until then it's afraid of the Shellder that'll bite it's tail. It can now use contact moves but it still cannot face mons with the aforementioned moves. It must lead every battle with Withdraw once it gets it. It cannot use Slack Off (it likes to keep atleast some presence of mind). You cannot use items on it whilst it is

Ask me if you have any question/want me to modify
Stupid forums stopping notifications for this thread.

Accepted, this will go over Mankey on my HG nuzlocke. In addition, Chikorita will not solo koga due the reasoning being "why the hell not" and rattata's reason being since it must be the best ninja (id assume)

Itsame, just saying, Super Size is Pumpkaboo-H, not Pumpkaboo-S.

I will give you a mon. Hang on...

EDIT: Take Lightproof the Panpour.

Panpour is blind. It's the embodiment of "see no evil". As such, it thinks it has the ability Lightproof. You try but fail to convince it otherwise. When it enters the Dreamyard, it is subject to many dreams from Munna, and can see in its dreams. It decides that seeing is really, really bad, and must not fight any Pokemon associated with Sleep, ever. Also, if it ever gets put asleep, it will stay in your PC box until you beat the next gym leader, or if you have 8 badges, get through Victory Road, thanks to the dreams it had. Since its ability is apparently Lightproof, it likes to fight foes with Light-based moves, such as Flash, Hyper Beam, Tail Glow, etc. But these foes are very, very rare, so it has to settle. It must learn Protect ASAP, to protect itself from moves that aren't light-based. It must also learn Dig ASAP, so that the enemy can't see it. After soloing 5 trainers with only Dig and Protect, Panpour may evolve. When it evolves, it thinks about more ways to blind the opponent, and it's not worried about itself since it is already blind. Learn Blizzard ASAP, because nothing blinds people like a white-out. When you reach the Elite Four, the sleep restriction is nulled, because Simipour wants to confront Caitlin herself. Solo Caitlin to get over the sleep restriction permanently.

Last edited:
Take Joke the Patrat. It must put Pokemon to sleep before killing them, and must solo Lenora.
Reminding of
X Scramble.

Take Unhealthy the munchlax, Unhealthy its alot of junk and is sick often, It has gluttonous as its ability and if it's ever poisoned it must stay poisoned until you beat the next gym leader/ E4 member it's moveset is swallow spit up stockpile plus move of your choice, it can use swallow whenever but can only use spit up after consuming a berry, like belch but obviously it can't be a pecha berry. It can evolve after soloing 10 trainer owned pokemon with spit up. It also must solo any trainer with chansey, blissey or audino enjoy!

Take Unhealthy the munchlax, Unhealthy its alot of junk and is sick often, It has gluttonous as its ability and if it's ever poisoned it must stay poisoned until you beat the next gym leader/ E4 member it's moveset is swallow spit up stockpile plus move of your choice, it can use swallow whenever but can only use spit up after consuming a berry, like belch but obviously it can't be a pecha berry. It can evolve after soloing 10 trainer owned pokemon with spit up. It also must solo any trainer with chansey, blissey or audino enjoy!
You can't obtain Munchlax in White before beating the game, look things up before you give challenges. No offense meant.

I guess I'll try a scramble challenge. Pokemon X.

This is my first scramble, so don't hit me too hard. Like a 5-7/10 difficulty.

Also, I plan on grabbing Tyrunt's fossil, but it doesn't have to be related. I just need a Tyrunt fossil. No rules for starters or anything else.

Might as well update this post with my team as it's created.

take Slow Go the fletchling, this fletchling is really slow and must have a -speed nature, it mustn't know any priority attacks or tailwind flame charge or agility,Its pretty unconfident because of its low speed and must only fight Pokemon lower OR slower than it it may evolve into fletchinder normally. When it evolved it realized moves that make it faster might help, teach quick attack, agility, taillwind and flame charge ASAP, (the restriction on lower or slower Pokemon is lifted here to evolve it into talonflame it must take out 10 Pokemon faster than it by using a speed boosting move to become faster than it and then take them out if you catch my drift. Once it evolves for a second time it realizes its pretty fast despite its nature and rules on only having the above four moves is lifted) hoping its about the right difficulty for you XD
I'll give you one.

Take POWAH the Luvdisc.

It must be the first Luvdisc you see. If you are lucky and it ends up Shiny, name it Gold Medal instead, and do whatever you want with it. Otherwise:
-It must be caught before Grant, and it must solo Grant.
-After Grant, it is very confident of its power. As such, it stays in your team and refuses training. Turn off EXP. Share and do not let it receive any more EXP until Korrina.
-Solo one of Korrina's mons (you are at the same level you were at after your Grant solo, so plan accordingly).
-It must take part in each battle against Black Belts and Battle Girls after Korrina.
-Solo two mons in either the Grass or Electric gym.
-Once it gets to the Elite Four, it really wants to prove that it is the best Water-type. Solo Siebold.
I'll reserve a mon for you!
Take Vesper the Espurr! Vesper heard her name wrong when she (you don't have to have a lady Espurr, but parts of the challange will be easier if you do) was young, and now believes that she is a fast and cunning ninja! She must use Fake Out at the beginning of every battle she's in, and can only know Fake Out, speed boosting moves, and Dark-, Poison-, or Ghost-type moves (until you can get at least, say, 3 moves like this, just try to only use like 1 move (Psybeam or whatever) except Fake Out). She must not battle against Serena/Calem's Espurr/Meowstic or she will discover that she isn't a ninja, she is just a kitty cat Psychic-type! Have her solo the whole Coumarine Gym, because ninjas are supposed to beat Grass-types any day! Keep her challenges like this until you reach Anistar City. Have her solo Olympia to prove that she can even defeat pokemon super-effective to her Poison-type! But, during that battle, she meets Olympia's Meowstic! She discovers she is just a kitty cat Psychic-type, and must forget everything about her ninja past (replace all 4 of her moves with any type moves but Dark-, Poison-, or Ghost- ASAP). Also, rename her Kitty. Have her solo Lysandre (any time you battle him post-Anistar Gym) because his Team Flare uses many Dark- and Poison-types to show that she knows she can be great even as a kitty cat. GL;HF!

Last edited:
I guess I'll try a scramble challenge. Pokemon X.

This is my first scramble, so don't hit me too hard. Like a 5-7/10 difficulty.

Also, I plan on grabbing Tyrunt's fossil, but it doesn't have to be related. I just need a Tyrunt fossil. No rules for starters or anything else.
take Slow Go the fletchling, this fletchling is really slow and must have a -speed nature, it mustn't know any priority attacks or tailwind flame charge or agility,Its pretty unconfident because of its low speed and must only fight Pokemon lower OR slower than it it may evolve into fletchinder normally. When it evolved it realized moves that make it faster might help, teach quick attack, agility, taillwind and flame charge ASAP, (the restriction on lower or slower Pokemon is lifted here to evolve it into talonflame it must take out 10 Pokemon faster than it by using a speed boosting move to become faster than it and then take them out if you catch my drift. Once it evolves for a second time it realizes its pretty fast despite its nature and rules on only having the above four moves is lifted) hoping its about the right difficulty for you XD

Scramble challenge on my X I may also only catch one
9/10 difficulty
My rule: No Xerneas, and starter required, don't care which. The starter MUST be female and have a story as such. I may also only catch one Pokemon between each Gym zone. (This means I cannot catch anything from the first 3 routes or the forest, or Route 22, due to them being accessible before Gym 1, and me already having a starter from that zone.) I also mst replace Pokemon when I begin to have more than 6. No Magikarp or Luvdisc or Mega Evolution.
I do not wish to use Torchic or the Kanto starters.
I would not like to return to early Routes to catch Surf Pokemon.
I will not catch Pokemon in Reflection cave.
I will not use non-scramblemons. Therefore, I need Cut and Strength users at Victory Road, Surf post-2 or post-3 Lapras,Fly on anything post-3 or post-4, then Surf again post-anything but 2, and this Surfer, like most Surfers, should learn Waterfall.
If no one has reserved/created Lapras, you may not give me a non-Surf Poke for post-2.
Hide tags for Pokemon:
Take Barbie the Fennekin! Barbie is a super girly girl, and wants to be treated as such. She will not stand to be in your party if you don't buy a new piece of clothing daily, and switch outfits daily (every piece of clothing must be different, right down to the socks; once you can...try to change what you can until you can change everything), because she would just die of embarrassment if she was seen with a trainer who wears the same thing every day! Barbie must also stay trendy; give her a held item ASAP and switch it every day (so you can just keep switching the same two items if you feel like it; same with the outfits). Now to the in-battle restrictions! Once Barbie can, she must always have two pink moves in her moveset (so, Psychic, Fairy, and I'll count Poison), because they are very girly. She must use one of these moves in every battle. Barbie also wants to be the greatest girl there is! As such, she must solo all female Gym leaders (Viola, Korrina, and Valerie, excluding Olympia because you will have replaced Barbie by then)! Barbie's last restriction is to show that girls are better than boys! Have Barbie solo Grant

Possible:
Take Hippopotas the hungry Hippo (just name him Hippo). It may not have Dig or other moves that seem like they require a good deal of agility (like double team), because it's too fat to use them, but it has to have Bite AND Crunch (to eat).
When it is able to learn Fissure, it must do so and can't have Earthquake anymore (because it creates a fissure when it tries to earthquake). If you want, you can breed a Hippototas with Stockpile (which it may not forget). Not required though.
In battles, it has to always hold a berry and you must replace the berry asap if it eats it. It can only evolve after it has eaten 10 berries.

Hariyama reserved

Pinsir, Heracross, Tauros, Slowpoke, Exeggcute, Miltank, Pachirisu, Chatot, Wingull, Lapras

Dugtrio, Gible, Slugma, Graveler, Trapinch

Not yet!

Not yet!

Not yet!

Not yet!

Reservations may be made by specific Pokemon or Gym zone. I would prefer to have earlier Pokemon first. Starting today! I'll post Word docs documenting my adventure later!

This is important. Do not have me get Pokemon after I have beat a Gym after their availability.
For example, no Riolu/Lucario, as it is obtainable before Gym 1, whether or not I go onto Route 22.
Take pseudo-pseudo the dugtrio, pseudo-pseudo loves trapping pokemon but isn't very good at it, it must have arena trap. She is very dispointed that she didn't get pursuit as an egg move and idolizes pokemon that do have it (I know it makes no sense to have both arena trap and pursuit but there both trapping moves and this is a trapping pokemon) she especially idolizes tyranitars, in fact she loves them so muchs he decided to only use their stab moves (rock and dark), she cannot be used in battle until her moveset is all rock dark (not necessarily attacking moves though) and she cannot forget any rock or dark moves Unless its a HM and the HM must be forgotten ASAP, also pseudo-pseudo thinks her son/daughter should be more fortunate to her and you must make her have a baby with pursuit before you beat the game. Hope you accept and enjoy :D

Take pseudo-pseudo the dugtrio, pseudo-pseudo loves trapping pokemon but isn't very good at it, it must have arena trap. She is very dispointed that she didn't get pursuit as an egg move and idolizes pokemon that do have it (I know it makes no sense to have both arena trap and pursuit but there both trapping moves and this is a trapping pokemon) she especially idolizes tyranitars, in fact she loves them so muchs he decided to only use their stab moves (rock and dark), she cannot be used in battle until her moveset is all rock dark (not necessarily attacking moves though) and she cannot forget any rock or dark moves Unless its a HM and the HM must be forgotten ASAP, also pseudo-pseudo thinks her son/daughter should be more fortunate to her and you must make her have a baby with pursuit before you beat the game. Hope you accept and enjoy :D
Not accepted, because post-gym 4 needs Fly.

none of the pokes you listed four post gym 4 CAN fly (bar trapinch when it evolves but thats basically saying scramble me a trapinch.)
Forgot. I'll need either Wingull to be Gym 3, or Makuhita to be changed, or you to use Trapinch. I'll need Lapras if not Wingull, and Hariyama will need to become something that can Surf if Wingull.
Tagging sunny004 .
Allowing Reflection Cave if you'd like sunny.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)