Gamestop Tournament Aftermath / Hopes Thread

I figured that this thread may be a good idea. Basically, just post your hopes for the tournament here, and afterwords you can post what happened.

I'm personally hoping that it will end up being single battle since I really want to use my Smeargle strategy, but at least Jibaku helped me prepare for doubles (tyvm Jibaku).

I was hoping to either have a single battle tournament or at least battle other people who wern't prepared for a double battle. Then the guy running the tournament called and said it was postponed till next week due to unseen complications.

It's in an hour and I'm still EV training my Restalking Milotic >.< I was told mine is no Ubers, 1 Legendary, singles. Watch, it'll be Uber doubles and I'll cry.

Mine ended up not having it, though they are listed, so all my uber collecting and training was in vain.

I've spent the last week EV training my team - first time I've ever done that. I'm hoping that it'll put me at a big advantage over the little kids without any idea about the hidden facets of the game, but with my luck I'll probably lose in the first round anyway. X_X

Not sure about the rules near me, so I just trained a team of OU pokes, hoping that anyone who DOES use Ubers didn't bother to train them properly.

I hope it is doubles Uber mostly b/c my cousin(J-Man27) and my brother(Gengar667) are going and they stand a chance in singles but I will murder them in doubles.

Don't take me wrong but I am much better at singles and like it better, it's just I want to win.

I just won my GameStops tournament in 3 battles, there was one decent kid that wouldn't stop talking about being an ultra Pokepro, with his EVed Pokemon, but after a long battle I beat him. Pretty boring, but free shit is free shit. ;)

hello i m new here but i got second place losing to Surgo. his smeargle spored mine before mine spored his... and i chose a crappy team to go up against him... but out of 11 people only 3 knew IVs, EVs and all that stuff, they were mostly little kids with all legendaries.

I just got back a while ago. 10 or so people were there (mostly kids and like 2 teen/adultish competitors). Only one other guy really understood competitive play. The Store Clerk wasn't a jerk or anything. we had 4v4 Lv50 without any other rule changed. We were allowed one and only one legendary per team. Funny cause some of the kids there used Action Replay and were disqualified but were allowed in if they used normal, non-hacked pokemon....and only one legendary. Other funny thing the kid that actually brought his AR (was in his pocket) had 2 bad eggs even with his "normal" pokemon. I had one fight, which I won but in the confusion the Store Clerk placed me as the loser by mistake but my opponent got creamed by a Giratina after we fought. Anyway tournament ended with First going to the only other guy who didn't cheat and knew his stuff.....but I was forgotten lol. I was allowed to battle him and we went neck to neck and I lost. Oh well 2nd place isn't so bad :D

PS. They didn't have shirts but would call me.

Alright I was ready for the tourney. Since it was anything goes I EV trained 6 ubers just incase. Only one problem showed up.
They didn't auto level the pokemon. And the guy at Gamestop wouldn't do it after I asked him either.
But I was still able to get second place. Though everyone had way higher leveled pokes then me. It sucks to lose to guy using a garachomp with draco meteor though.

I just came back from my GS tournament, there was only 1 other person who knew about IVs/EVs and all the talk. That person (tag was Yunai, member of some guild called PhazonHunters [sic], I didn't catch the real name and I don't think he uses Smogon) went on to win the whole thing. Unfortunately I didn't place because we were both on the same bracket side, but our match was by far the most interesting/entertaining for the people there. There were probably 10-15 people total, lots of little kids, a few of whom were good and had decent teams. My first match was against a little boy whom I crushed, sadly. Second match was against the Yunai guy, where I lost 4-2. He ran Ninetails/Salamence/Charizard/Alakazam, whereas I ran Blissey(SR, not AT)/Salamence/Metagross/Mismagius. I got his movesets but there's not much to say, I got gayed really bad by Hypnosis on his Ninetails, there was no sleep clause in our tournament.

Tournament style was 4v4, Single Battle, Lv50 All, No Legendaries, no other clauses. I also had them DQ a kid who had a Bad Egg on him, obviously poorly hacked but he said he got it off GTS so I feel kind of bad.

My side of the bracket was stacked. I had 3 close matches. In the finals though, I faced off against a 12 year old. He let my Rayquaza get 3 DD's (I didn't attack before since the kid kept saying stuff like "You're going down now" just becuase Dragon Dance didn't damage him) I swept him 6-0 easily with Rayquaza and Kyogre.

The 3 matches before that were actually tough, all 3 people knew about IV's and EV's, and how to manipulate them.

mines in about 1 hour. its gonna be a 1 on 1. :( ill be using my specsmewtwo. right now im calculating damages. i cant survive draco meteors, which is sad. my bro will be using palkia..and if we were to meet in the finals... im sure that hell win. he's 8 btw..letting him use my palkia. XD

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Leroy said:
hello i m new here but i got second place losing to Surgo. his smeargle spored mine before mine spored his... and i chose a crappy team to go up against him... but out of 11 people only 3 knew IVs, EVs and all that stuff, they were mostly little kids with all legendaries.
Well met. I hope you stick around!

I'm writing a warstory about this that will appear in Congregation shortly, keep an eye out for it. Anything I would say in this thread will appear there. Basically, Choice Scarf Kyogre remains the best pokemon ever.

I won my tournament, it was 4v4 doubles no rules other than lvl 50 all and no pokemon over #490. i never lost a pokemon the entire tourny, there was only 1 other kid who had any idea about pokemon, the others were like all under 13 probably and were no match for my EV trained timid choice scarf kyogre. i thought it was funny though the one kid that vsed me in the finals used pokesav and still lost cause all his pokemon were in cherish balls.. duh way to suck at hacking. i mentioned this to the store clerk his pokemon were hacked and i even said it right to the kids face "hey nice pokesav pokemon, except you forgot to change the ball good job" and he just kind of looked down and didnt say anything. but since the rules didnt say anything about cherish balls they didnt do anything but i didnt care anyway he sucked. choice scarf porygon-z??? lol

yeah it was kind of weird being 23 and standing in the store with my girlfriend beating these like 12 year old kids and 1 16 year old hacker with his dorky looking friends watching. but whatever free PBR, and i already owned the game lol. anyone wanna buy mine 45$ shipped =p

Ok, here's my Warstory of sorts...

I get there, and including me and my friend, 12 people we're competing. After building a uber single battle team, and an uber double battle team, I find out that there's a one legend rule and it's gonna be 2v2, 4 Pokemon each. There was like one other guy around my age who kinda knew what he was talking about.

Round 1, Me vs some kid named Phillip.
Everyone was saying he was really good and was probably gonna win. I had one converstion with him the whole day. It went like:

Me: Do you EV train?
Him: What's that?
Me: Good.

So I lead with Groudon and Jumpluff, he leads with Azelf and someone else (forget), he takes down Jumpluff with Fire Blast from Azelf, I put Tangrowth AKA MOJANBO in and he's promtly taken down, I than get Snorlax in and it ends up with him up 3-1 (his Azelf is dead from Groudon Dragon Claws by now), with me having only Snorlax. Snorlax EQ's and takes out one Pokemon, he switches in Luxray, Snorlax EQ's again, GG, cya later.

Round 2, Me vs Brandon (my friend)
I was a little nervous cause he was the only other one there who knew what he was doing, sorta. I built his team and he doesn't really know that much about battling, but he had EV trained Pokes. So we start our battle, and we get disconnected half way through, so I'm like, "same teams, ok, so it's fair?", and he agrees. So we start up again, and decides to change his team around, I'm like, "what the fuck?" and he says "oh sorry, didn't relize". So I'm already kinda pissed that after I used the exact same team, he decides to give himself an advantage after he agreed to use the same Pokemon. But it end up his Porygon-Z vs my Kyogre, I Thunder him, he doesn't die, he Tri-Attacks, I don't die. Than, I don't know how, he outspeeds me AFTER I outsped him the first time, and kills me.

So I lose. And I'm REALLY pissed at my friend cause he ended up winning, even though he was a cheap fucker and I would have beat him had he actually kept his word.

So yeah, that's my GS Tournament Warstory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)