Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Fencas Just give it another move that is similar as far a flavor goes (so a dancing move or a kicking move). If you can't do any of those, then just keep a fight-type move.

#1 Gym update:

Overused the OU-wanna-be Combusken
M / Naughty / Lvl 17
@Oran Berry
IV: 16/25/3/23/9/8
EV: 22/26/9/0/12/17
*Ember
*Scratch
*Peck
*Double Kick

Aratas the warrior Ralts
M / Quiet / Lvl 14
@ -
IV: 30/13/19/13/9/28
EV: 23/10/16/0/5/28
*Confusion
*Growl
*Doublet Team

Fragile the coward Nincada
F / Adamant(!) / Lvl 10
@Oran Berry
IV: 2/31(!!)/2/22/0(...)/13
EV: 11/6/7/0/1/5
*Scratch
*Harden
*Leech Life
*Sand-Attack
So far, no problem at all, just training. Fragile (that I was happy to see it was Adamant, but happier when discovered 31 Att IV! And it was the first I saw!) is a pain to train, 'cause he cannot go into fight hurt. This apart, Roxanne was easily defeated by Overused Double Kick. Heading to #2 Gym!

Ok! All is set! The amzing team to run Emerald is complete! Here it is:

-Must always know Confuse Ray and Imprison
-Must use Confuse Ray whenever it is sent out, and whenever an opponent sends out a Pokemon against it
-Win 10 trainer battles by causing the final mon to suicide from confusion to evolve
-After evolution, must battle all Psychic-types (Another Pokemon can help it in Tate and Liza's gym)
-Must solo Juan

-Must always know Teeter Dance and Dizzy Punch
-Must always know Flail or Trash (but never Focus Punch)
-Must hold Everstone
-Must start battle with Teeter Dance, then roll a 4-sided dice to know which move to use
-Solo four Wallace's pokes
-Solo any gym minus the leader

-Must only knows: Swords Dance, Mega Kick, Double-Edge, Slash or Protect
-Must not battle ADV Ubers (Doexys (all forms), Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre Lati@s, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Raquaza, Wobbuffett, and Wynaut), or the game needs to be restarted without saving
- Must always battle ADV OU (Aerodactyl, Blissey, Celebi, Claydol, Cloyster, Dugtrio, Flygon, Forretress, Gengar, Gyarados, Heracross, Jirachi, Jolteon, Magneton, Metagross, Milotic, Porygon2, Raikou, Regice, Salamence, Skarmory, Snorlax, Starmie, Suicune, Swampert, Tyranitar, Zapdos), even its NFE form, unless conflict with other pokes' rules; if unable, must solo 10 next pokes

-Cannot use debilitating moves and just Calm Mind as stat boosting
-Must always battle Zubat evo line
-Must not fight Ralts evo line; until Wally, where must defeat its Gardevoir - if defeated, it's dead

-Must always have Torment and use it as first move
-Must always have Self-Destruct (or Explosion) and use if Torment PP run out, get hit by fire attacks or if any ground move is used when on field
-Cannot have fire attacks
-Cannot fight ground pokes
-To evolve, must KO one of Flannery's pokes (don't need to solo)

-Must always know at least one HP draining move
-Cannot go into battle if not in full health
-If faints, revive/poke center immediately
-To evolve, must KO one of Watson's pokes
-As Ninjask, change name to "Cocky", always use against electric pokes and items cannot be used

I'll update at each gym! See ya!
Sounds awesome! Good luck on the challange!

EDIT: Talk about being Ninjask'd. :P

#2 Gym update:

M / Naughty / Lvl 19
@Oran Berry
EV: 23/32/21/0/13/21
*Ember
*Scratch
*Peck
*Double Kick

Aratas the warrior Ralts
M / Quiet / Lvl 17
@-
EV: 28/14/26/0/5/42
*Confusion
*Growl
*Doublet Team
*Teleport

Fragile the coward Nincada
F / Adamant(!) / Lvl 14
@-
EV: 19/14/20/0/2/17
*Fury Swipes
*Harden
*Leech Life
*Sand-Attack
Still no problems. Leveling up my pokes (damn Fragile...), a lot of Zubats for Aratas and still no SpAtt IV (just Abra, for now). Brawly easily defeated by Aratas' Confusion. Moving to the next gym (and for Fragile evolution)!

I still need three more mons... I'm so EXCITED!!!

EDIT: I cannot trade mons. I think this means that one of my remaining mons has to be a starter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I still need three more mons... I'm so EXCITED!!!

EDIT: I cannot trade mons. I think this means that one of my remaining mons has to be a starter. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You don't have to use your starter as a Scramble mon. If you aren't able to get any scramble mons yet, you can use non-scramble mons until you can get the scramble mons.

Just one question- how did you figure out the IVs of your Pokemon at the low levels that they're at?
Enciclopedia Pokemon - is a kind of "PokeSav" for ADV. I was curious of their IV and found out this program - as I am playing by roms, it is very easy to use. :)

#3 Gym Update

M / Naughty / Lvl 27
@-
EV: 32/42/23/16/18/40
*Double Kick
*Scratch
*Ember
*Rock Smash

Aratas the warrior Kirlia
M / Quiet / Lvl 25
@ -
EV: 50/20/29/23/16/67
*Confusion
*Calm Mind
*Doublet Team
*Teleport

Cocky the reckless Ninjask
F / Adamant(!) / Lvl 25
Silk Scarf
EV: 45/33/26/15/10/51
*Cut
*Swords Dance
*Leech Life
*Sand-Attack
Ok, first problems appearing. I had my first lost for my rival, 'cause have completely forgotten that her Marshtomp will be a OU, so Overused must face it - he was underleved and couldn't withstand a Mud Shot... but I leveled him up a little, evolved Aratas and defeated her. After that, defeated also Wattson, taking 2 of their poke with Fragile, enabling him to evolve to Cocky the reckless Ninjask!
Now, heading to #4 Gym and some new scramblemons on the way! :)

----
#4 Gym Update

M / Naughty / Lvl 31
@ Oran Berry
EV: 37/44/32/26/24/43
*Double Kick
*Strength
*Ember
*Rock Smash

Aratas the warrior Kirlia
M / Quiet / Lvl 28
@ -
EV: 55/22/36/30/20/84
*Psychic
*Calm Mind
*Confusion
*Flash

F / Adamant(!) / Lvl 28
Silk Scarf
EV: 49/37/27/32/11/70
*Secret Power
*Swords Dance
*Leech Life
*Cut

Methane the bully Koffing
M / Bold / Lvl 26
@Quick Claw
IV: 2/25/18/14/23/28
EV: 14/12/21/25/12/10
*Sludge
*Tackle
*Shock Wave
*Selfdestruct

Jellicent the drunken Spinda
M / Gentle / Lvl 30
Everstone
IV: 4/14/29/7/23/2
EV: 6/20/16/33/6/28
*Dizzy Punch
*Hypnosis
*Faint Attack
*Psybeam
New members to the squad! But still no problem in the run. Some Team Magma/Aqua Zubats for Aratas, some OU for Overused, some Electric for Cocky, some Selfdestructions for Methane and a lot of number generators for Jellicent. For instance, Jellicent soloed #4 Gym, but Methane selfdestructed and won Flannery's Numel, so now he can evolve. The rest of the battle went smoothly. Now to the #5 gym!

----
#5 Gym Update

M / Naughty / Lvl 32
@ Oran Berry
EV: 37/46/35/26/28/45
*Double Kick
*Strength
*Ember
*Rock Smash

Aratas the warrior Gardevoir
M / Quiet / Lvl 30
@ -
EV: 60/28/47/31/23/87
*Psychic
*Calm Mind
*Confusion
*Flash

F / Adamant(!) / Lvl 30
@ SilkScarf
EV: 57/45/40/37/13/72
*Secret Power
*Swords Dance
*Leech Life
*Cut

Methane the bully Koffing
M / Bold / Lvl 29
@Quick Claw
EV: 24/14/26/27/15/14
*Sludge
*Tackle
*Shock Wave
*Selfdestruct

M / Gentle / Lvl 30
Everstone
EV: 6/20/16/33/6/28
*Dizzy Punch
*Hypnosis
*Faint Attack
*Psybeam
Have forgotten how fast you get to #5 Gym and how hard his Vigoroth and Slaking may be if you are underleveled. I got to win just because Aratas CM twice against Slaking (and even doing that just 2KHO it!); and Overused finished the rest with Double Kick. That's all for today, maybe I'll resume playing tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Hi. I'll be playing Pokemon X. I can trade easily. I want it to be very difficult. Other than that I'm open to any rules you want to choose for me

Hi. I'll be playing Pokemon X. I can trade easily. I want it to be very difficult. Other than that I'm open to any rules you want to choose for me
Oh alright.

Take Suicide Cup the Abra.

In the Other Metagame called Suicide Cup, Abra's evolutionary line is one of only two Pokemon banned, the other being Shedinja. As such, Abra wants to get its revenge--on you, in this game. Before evolving, you have no restrictions. However, as Kadabra, it starts to make your life very miserable. It may only use the moves Teleport (and only in Trainer battles), Taunt, Thunder Wave, Substitute (and must switch out immediately after using Substitute), and it may only know one attacking move, which must be 50 BP or lower. It must lose at least 50% of its health before it starts using that attacking move, furthermore. To evolve into Alakazam, solo a gym leader whose type is not weak to that one attacking move. Upon evolution into Alakazam, it may only use attacking moves 40 BP and lower (hint: I think Frustration is the only one Alakazam gets).

icy780 Take Dumb the Chespin

Dumb does not understand type-matchups. As such, it may not switch out of anything due to a poor type-matchup. Dumb also doesn't understand the concept of some moves being better than others. As such, whenever you get a TM it can learn, or it learns a new level-up move, it must learn it and forget a different move. It also may not re-learn a move it already knew, and then forgot. When it uses an attack, you must randomly choose which move to use.

All right, I felt the last one was pretty fun. I am up for a new challange! Give me the most difficult you can think of!
The game will be Ruby or Sapphire.
Make it Doable, though.

Spot reserved: Yoshitsune
Okay take to cash in my reservation! (For the record yes i am Yoshitsune... I occasionally use than name instead of DarknessofLoyalty. Don't judge me)

Take Sucker the Beautifly

Sucker lives up to her name. irregardless of type or gender Sucker wants their juices in her belly. But Sucker's also got a memory problem. As such Sucker can only use one attack per evolutionary stage, furthermore once Sucker becomes a Beautifly Absorb is the only move it can know. You also cannot use any berries on Sucker, her belly cannot digest solid foods after all. She wants to try out as many different boldily fluids as she can, so have her take down as many pokemon as you can until she's level 50. At which point she's full and can forget Absorb for another move of your choice, but still can only have one move.

Good luck.

#6 Gym Update

M / Naughty / Lvl 41
@ Oran Berry
EV: 46/92/49/51/36/74
*Double Kick
*Strength
*Blaze Kick
*Rock Smash
M / Quiet / Lvl 40
@ -
EV: 60/28/47/31/23/87
*Psychic
*Calm Mind
*Thunderbolt
*Flash
F / Adamant(!) / Lvl 41
@ SilkScarf
EV: 83/68/56/54/40/105
*Slash
*Swords Dance
*Leech Life
*Cut
Methane the bully Weezing
M / Bold / Lvl 30
@Quick Claw
EV: 51/41/38/46/38/57
*Sludge
*Tackle
*Shock Wave
*Selfdestruct
M / Gentle / Lvl 39
Everstone
EV: 24/33/30/40/22/47
*Teeter Dance
*Dizzy Punch
*Faint Attack
*Facade
Playful the sadist Vulpix
M / Lax/ Lvl 33
@-
IV: 28/22/3/20/31(!)/14
EV: 22/12/30/12/27/21
*Confuse Ray
*Overheat
*Flamethrower
*Imprision
Ok, now my team is complete, just need to evolve Playful (he already has 7 of 10 required Confuse Ray'ed faints). No new problems in the way to #6 Gym, it is just lame to use random moves on Jellicent* and to start with Confuse Ray ALWAYS with Playful, but I'm doing ok. Oh, yes, one regret: to ask for Surfers or Flyers... it is so boring to switch on PC with HM Slave Marill so I can Surf... heading to the real challenges, now! #7 Gym and #8 Gym Leader soloed by Playful!
*On that, just a comment: I was thinking SO boring using random.org to use Jellicent that, first, made a small Excell file with a lot of random numbers from 1 to 4 to use him; but also was getting lost using it, so I made a small macro that randomly paint a square on a 2x2 matrix each 2 seconds, so I can know which move to use. It is still lame (there are some times where I have to Teeter Dance 5x in a row), but faster. :)

You can get both in-game very easily. In fact, you should catch Abra, although it is a bit rare.

I can evolve it if you don't have anyone else to trade to, though.
Ok I wasn't positive whether you think I should get them myself or just start with all 6. Just waiting on 4 more then.

I wouldn't use it as Chespin was already gave, but since you said you can trade easily, take Squib the Fennekin.

Squib is part of a great lineage of wizards that, through centuries, were master of magic and witchcraft. But since it was born, Squib was different. When everyone was expecting great feats and accomplishments, Squib couldn't even light a little fire. No one could understand why Squib was like that, why a son of such a powerful family couldn't use any kind of magic. And Squib was ignored, forgotten by everybody. His parents wouldn't talk about him, his brothers wouldn't ever mention that he exist. He is a pariah, treated with despise and loath.

Being magic-less, Squib can't use any kind of special and most of status attacks (list of usable moves: Scratch, Tail Whip, Howl, Flame Charge, Toxic, Protect, Frustration, Double Team, Giga Impact, Facade, Rest, Power-up Punch, Cut). Being a child of hate, he will never love anyone, so you cannot use Return - as a matter of fact, he must always knows Frustration and as soon as you get to Laverre City you got to present him to the lady who checks its Friendship - his fate will be determined by what she says (ONLY the first time you talk to her):
  • "It's amazingly friendly toward you! It must be so happy spending every day with you!" OR "You must really like your <Pokémon> and always keep it by your side!" => He achieved a happiness that he never thought it existed - and he doesn't understand it, so he gets scary and run away from you... forever [You get to throw him away and your maximum party size will be 5 for the rest of the game]
  • "Well, I think you and <Pokémon> will be an even greater combo someday!"OR "It's a little bit friendly to you… Something like that." => The bonds you are creating make him even angrier; to show that the lady was wrong, he will not obey you for the rest of the time you are together [Choose randomly the moves he will use]
  • "Hmm…I think you have a lot of time ahead of you to get to know one another better." => He doesn't want to know you better - to show that, he will always shows its frustration so that you can undestand how much he hates you and everyone else [Must always use Frustration as the first move of the battle]
  • "Don't tell me! Are you just letting it get knocked out in Pokémon battles?!" => He despises you. And that is perfect. [No restrictions]

Oh yes: more than you, he hates, of course, his kin. Because of that, make him solo Olympia AND Malva. :)

#7 Gym Update
M / Naughty / Lvl 44
@-
EV: 60/98/62/55/38/89
*Slash
*Blaze Kick
*Protect
*Bulk Up
M / Quiet / Lvl 44
@ -
EV: 77/76/88/68/46/143
*Psychic
*Calm Mind
*Thunderbolt
*Shadow Ball (have forgotten that is physical this game... oh, well...)
F / Adamant(!) / Lvl 42
@ SilkScarf
EV: 83/68/56/54/40/105
*Slash
*Swords Dance
*Leech Life
*Cut
Methane the bully Weezing
M / Bold / Lvl 40
@Quick Claw
EV: 51/41/38/46/38/57
*Sludge
*Tackle
*Thunder
*Selfdestruct
M / Gentle / Lvl 40
Everstone
EV: 30/39/32/41/26/52
*Teeter Dance
*Dizzy Punch
*Faint Attack
*Facade
Playful the sadist Vulpix
M / Lax/ Lvl 44
@ Focus Band
IV: 28/22/3/20/31(!)/14
EV: 33/45/39/43/43/51
*Confuse Ray
*Overheat
*Flamethrower
*Imprision
First challenge complete! Had some issues on "soloing" Tate and Liza with Playful (and Overused, since she uses Claydol...), specially because Claydol's Earthquake. Was "defeated" two times (one of them fainted, then I restarted), but manage to confuse Claydol, Bulked Overused Up and her Natu set Sunny Day to help Playful. Then Slashed and Flamethrower her whole team. Now heading to the second challenge: solo Juan with Playful! :)

I still need three more mons... I'm so EXCITED and I really wanna START! More please.

EDIT: I've gotten mons from Chaostothemax, Fencas, and Mulan15262. Just a reminder

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)