SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

I put a Calm Gible on Wonder Trade to see what would happen. In a cycle of a few trades, I got a Fletching, then a Chespin, then something that idr, and ended up with a Gible that was Adamant.

I guess in the end I got something better out of it.

So... I decided to breed a 5IV Gale Wings Talonflame and Wonder Trade the spitbacks. I'm getting pretty annoyed to see those three monkeys and Litleo. Seriously, I get more of these mons than I ever got Fletchlings or Bunnelbys.

Anyway, onto the nice stuff:
- 3IVs Impish Gligar w/ Counter, Baton Pass and Sand Tomb;
- 4IVs (and a 0IV on Spe) Quiet Slowpoke w/ Zen Headbutt;
- 5IVs Quiet Regenerator Slowpoke w/ Belch, Mud Sport, Future Sight and Wonder Room;
- 4IVs Honedge.

Sent off 5 boxes of 4-5 iv egg move feebas. Got garbage in return apart from a 3 iv snivy and a couple pokes I simply didn't have in my dex yet.

Oh and somebody sent me a 5 iv weedle. Which is nice but... Very odd.

I was pretty proud of myself for receiving a 5IV Brave Honedge via WT. That and one other poke that had Pokerus, and some Japanese pokes, I suppose. Nothing else of value that I can remember off the top of my head (maybe some other pokes that had decent IVs, but eh). ~_~

Though it's an amusing thought to wonder if I'll stumble across a shiny via WT...

I've got 4 boxes (well, 119) of spitbacks to wonder trade. If I get anything interesting, I'll put it here, and give anyone any spitback they want after I breed it. Also, I will post the OT in case it belongs to anyone here. If something is absolutely pointless (Weedle/Caterpie etc) I will redo it until I get something that MIGHT be SOMEWHAT good.

I got a Floatzel in a random trade, so I will wonder trade to get a chain of 50 pokemon just to see what I get. All competitively viable ones (ones that are obviously breeding rejects) are bolded.

50 trades later: Floatzel->Rotom->Furfrou named "Dogy"->Honedge->Weedle->Skorupi->Scyther->Larvitar (3IV w/ egg moves)->Nidoran (female) (3 IV, HA)->Numel (3 IV)->Mawile->Skrelp (4IV, Modest)->Floatzel (not the same one)->Geodude nicknamed "SH*T" (don't know how it got past censors, it said the actual word)->Shieldon->Hoothoot->Chingling->Fletchling (3 IV, Adamant)->Ducklett->Eevee->Lapras->Miltank->Bunnelby->Fletchling->Spinda->Weepinbell named "Sprout"->Ferroseed->Luvdisc->Pidgey->Gothorita->Ralts (5 IV w/ egg moves, made to be a Gallade but it was female)->Makuhita named "Colour"->Bulbasaur (2 IV w/ Leaf Storm)->Houndour (3 IV)->Floette->Sneasel->Flabebe->Dedenne->Zigzagoon->Chikorita->Pancham->Togepi->Fletchling->Shelmet->Gible->Sceptile (5 IVs, Timid, kept it :D)

And that is how my chain ended at not quite 50, but close enough. Wonder Trade can give you some stuff that you just have to wonder what the story behind it is.

I got a Floatzel in a random trade, so I will wonder trade to get a chain of 50 pokemon just to see what I get. All competitively viable ones (ones that are obviously breeding rejects) are bolded.

50 trades later: Floatzel->Rotom->Furfrou named "Dogy"->Honedge->Weedle->Skorupi->Scyther->Larvitar (3IV w/ egg moves)->Nidoran (female) (3 IV, HA)->Numel (3 IV)->Mawile->Skrelp (4IV, Modest)->Floatzel (not the same one)->Geodude nicknamed "SH*T" (don't know how it got past censors, it said the actual word)->Shieldon->Hoothoot->Chingling->Fletchling (3 IV, Adamant)->Ducklett->Eevee->Lapras->Miltank->Bunnelby->Fletchling->Spinda->Weepinbell named "Sprout"->Ferroseed->Luvdisc->Pidgey->Gothorita->Ralts (5 IV w/ egg moves, made to be a Gallade but it was female)->Makuhita named "Colour"->Bulbasaur (2 IV w/ Leaf Storm)->Houndour (3 IV)->Floette->Sneasel->Flabebe->Dedenne->Zigzagoon->Chikorita->Pancham->Togepi->Fletchling->Shelmet->Gible->Sceptile (5 IVs, Timid, kept it :D)

And that is how my chain ended at not quite 50, but close enough. Wonder Trade can give you some stuff that you just have to wonder what the story behind it is.
Wow, that's awesome!

I wonder traded my first box of Porygon spitbacks (I had tons of BP, so I put upgrades on most of them), and got mostly spitbacks, Eevees, and random crap (Pansage, Weedle, etc.)

Wow, that's awesome!

I wonder traded my first box of Porygon spitbacks (I had tons of BP, so I put upgrades on most of them), and got mostly spitbacks, Eevees, and random crap (Pansage, Weedle, etc.)

That sucks that you didn't get
anything cool, most people would kill for a good porygon, and an evolved one at that!

To the person who was wonder trading spit back Bulbasaurs on Saturday evening and ended up giving me a 31/31/31/XX/31/31 Male: Thank you. Also, I'm sorry that I didn't give you anything good in return. Thing is, at the time I didn't have anything good to give because I hadn't bred anything because I didn't have a good mon. In fact, the reason I was wonder trading for two hours that day was in hopes of getting a good mon to start off. And thanks to your Bulbasaur, I now have a box full of 4-5 IV Kangaskhans and Helioptiles (including a perfect 6IV one for a new stud) that I will be wonder trading soon, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. The Monster Egg group is huge and I can make so many perfect mons now because of you and I can flood the WT with great mons as well.

I truly am sorry I couldn't give you equivalent exchange, but if it's any compensation, your good deed has allowed me to do many good things for both myself and others.

Wonder Trade has always been a "love-hate" relationship with me. On some days, I have cruddy trades with Bunnelby, the monkeys, etc. But on others, it is just bliss.

List of Blessings
4 IV Impish Harvest Trevenant
4 IV Adamant Machop (3 Egg Moves)
5 IV Hasty Protean Froakie
3 IV Hustle Nidoran(M)
4 IV Adamant Kangaskhan
6 IV Female Jolly Sneasel

I guess when you give away a ton of 4 IV spitbacks, some luck may come your way. That, or accidentally WTing my Yveltal away...I bet I made some kid giddy with that miscue.

Getting really tired of Eevees. Is there a Eevee event like #ReleaseTheKhrp happening?

Btw, ReleaseTheKhrp was fun, but I wish people would WT useful khrps w/ witty names... So much crap.

Getting really tired of Eevees. Is there a Eevee event like #ReleaseTheKhrp happening?

Btw, ReleaseTheKhrp was fun, but I wish people would WT useful khrps w/ witty names... So much crap.

Some of us have been breeding for shiny eevees and have to get them away somehow....

But I have seen a surplus of eevees, froakies, and fletchlings.

To the person who was wonder trading spit back Bulbasaurs on Saturday evening and ended up giving me a 31/31/31/XX/31/31 Male: Thank you. Also, I'm sorry that I didn't give you anything good in return. Thing is, at the time I didn't have anything good to give because I hadn't bred anything because I didn't have a good mon. In fact, the reason I was wonder trading for two hours that day was in hopes of getting a good mon to start off. And thanks to your Bulbasaur, I now have a box full of 4-5 IV Kangaskhans and Helioptiles (including a perfect 6IV one for a new stud) that I will be wonder trading soon, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. The Monster Egg group is huge and I can make so many perfect mons now because of you and I can flood the WT with great mons as well.

I truly am sorry I couldn't give you equivalent exchange, but if it's any compensation, your good deed has allowed me to do many good things for both myself and others.
what was the OT? i was trading a bunch of excess bulbas that day so it couldve been me :p i even wonder traded a flawless one holding an ability capsule (cloned the capsule first of course) at one point :) i ended up finding my shiny, but alas it had overgrow instead of chlorophyll.

also i straight up released the male overgrow ones so if it's not chlorophyll dont bother lookin i guess

e: im in the process of flooding WT with pumpkaboos in search of a shiny. hopefully someone thinks the trade evolution is neat :)

Some of us have been breeding for shiny eevees and have to get them away somehow....

But I have seen a surplus of eevees, froakies, and fletchlings.
Got no issues with shiny breeding... Maybe I expect to get some more spitbacks from IV/nature breeding. It's possible that I'm just in a bad mood too. Heh.

But yeah, so many Froakies, Eevees and Fletchlings... Still waiting for that lucky ESpeed Dratini. :P

I got an Espeed Dratini! Adamant 31/28/31/26/31/31! She doesn't have the hidden ability, but Dragonite was always kind of a badass even before Multiscale, so it's not a huge loss.

what was the OT? i was trading a bunch of excess bulbas that day so it couldve been me :p i even wonder traded a flawless one holding an ability capsule (cloned the capsule first of course) at one point :) i ended up finding my shiny, but alas it had overgrow instead of chlorophyll.

also i straight up released the male overgrow ones so if it's not chlorophyll dont bother lookin i guess

e: im in the process of flooding WT with pumpkaboos in search of a shiny. hopefully someone thinks the trade evolution is neat :)
Nope, it has Overgrow, so it's not yours. Still, WTing high iv males with Chlorophyll is mighty kind of you.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I finally hatched a 5 Iv fletchling and i can now WT the failures

Previously i have got:
Phione (perfect hp, spa, spe)
Turtwig (2IV)(seed bomb and superpower)
Febass (an hour after pokebank released in japan)
Timid charmander (def, spdef, spe)
Jolly 4 iv Froakie
3 Iv Bold Rotom (too bad one is in attack)
Timid 2 IV Chimchar
1 iv belly jet marril
5 iv timid eevee (male, one is attack)
3 iv wartortle
5 iv modest whismar (whats with these perfect attack ivs)
2 iv snivy
2 iv electrike
3 iv adamant Totodile

Im gonna use half for breeding, eevee has a huge egg group

Last edited:
For a 5 IV spitback Gastly, I just nabbed a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Shadow Tag Gothita. Wow, I love this game.

...Although now looking it up I realize it can't get Trick... :(

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What is the best hour to use the Wonder Trade?
I'll start to use at 10:00 AM / GMT 0
anytime around 10:00pm+ Japan time. so 1:00pm+ GMT. Most of the kids must be in bed by then and all the serious players are up. It's the only time I'll WT now...

I have gotten a Mawile with Intimidate, egg moves, Pokerus, and 4 perfect Ivs through wonder trade. You may commence being jealous. I've also gotten a gastly with egg moves, eevee with its hidden ability, dratini with its hidden ability, and other cool stuff. I used to wonder trade dratini, then I ran out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)