Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - The Smog Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Salamence, I looked at the subforum for what (I think) is for posting article ideas and awaiting permission. However, the subforum is empty and I just want to make sure I have been looking at the right one before I decide to post there? (I know something similar was asked but I'm just checking if this is in fact the forum in question)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/article-approvals.216/ <- this is where I was looking

Lady Salamence, I looked at the subforum for what (I think) is for posting article ideas and awaiting permission. However, the subforum is empty and I just want to make sure I have been looking at the right one before I decide to post there? (I know something similar was asked but I'm just checking if this is in fact the forum in question)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/article-approvals.216/ <- this is where I was looking
The forum is private to you, the Smog staff, and super mods and admins. You cannot see anyone else's ideas and they cannot see yours.

And yes, that is the forum you want.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
There is not currently a date, but there is a plan to do them eventually when some problems are worked out, to the best of my knowledge.

i know this may sound dumb but can anyone help figure out a team that can work with krookidile? =/
Wrong place to ask about this. You can either ask in the SQSA of the mentorship program or in the competitive discussion sqsa (not sure about the latter so should probably go with the former). The Smog SQSA is for questions related to the smog only :)

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Do all articles have to be strictly Pokemon related? Say, if someone wanted to write an article about another game/show/movie and relate it back to Pokemon. Would that be ok?

Do all articles have to be strictly Pokemon related? Say, if someone wanted to write an article about another game/show/movie and relate it back to Pokemon. Would that be ok?
As long as it's Pokemon-related in a way, I'm pretty sure you're allowed to use it n_n you can submit your idea in article approvals and a lot of times, smog staff will help you out as well.
Hope this helped.
edit- get rekd Rohail

Last edited:

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, to my experience, articles do have to have something to do with Pokemon. For example, you can't just be talking about Beyblade, but if you compare Beyblade to Pokemon, it might get approved. I hope this answered your question, and sorry if it didn't :)

Edit: ugh, ninja'd by a Crawdaunt wannabe :(

i really dont know where to post this but here seems more suitable: as the smog awards voting method changed, will i have to vote again or my votes still count?

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i really dont know where to post this but here seems more suitable: as the smog awards voting method changed, will i have to vote again or my votes still count?
It's an entirely different round altogether :p the previous one was for nominations. Currently you vote for people who were successfully nominated in the previous round. This voting will determine each category winner.

Hello all, first post.

I am building up a mono bug team at the moment and was trying to find the best way to train them. I understand the concepts of EV/IV training but I'm worried what I'm trying to do won't apply the EVs.

I'll use an example: I have my Shuckle, right nature, IVs, and maxed out EVs for defenses and HP. Now I just need to get it to lvl100.

Now that the EV's are maxed out can I just throw it into the daycare and bike in circles around the Eiffel (cough Lumiose) Tower to level it up? Or will the EVs not get applied as was the case in previous generations?

I did manually level it up a bit but the massive +50HP jump per level-up that I would've expected from previous generations did not occur.

So I guess my general question is: Once a pokemon has maxed out EVs, how is it applied to the stats?

This is not the right forum for asking questions like this. This forum is for issues relating to "The Smog", a web magazine written on Smogon. However, to answer your question, as was the case in Gen V, EVs are applied at the end of a battle instead of at level up like they were in Gens I-IV. This means you no longer get to see those huge level jumps but comes with the benefit of being able to EV train at level 100.

Is HTML done for an article after the artwork has been drawn and posted, or after the GP checks, and then with the artwork edited in?

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is HTML done for an article after the artwork has been drawn and posted, or after the GP checks, and then with the artwork edited in?
HTML is done after the grammar is done. Art can be done whenever usually, but asap would be ideal of course. Artwork that is already done will be put into the HTML, and if the art isn't done, we wait until the art is done and we'll edit the art into the HTML.

Reactions: trc

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
What can you do if you are skipped after signing up in Battling 101 mentorship program?
(Other than waiting for next round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)