Shell Bell
Most likely not IV/EVd
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonlight

Shell Bell. SHELL BELL. SHELL BELL.

I trick it Specs and just........

I send out Rotom vs a worn down Umbreon that revealed 3/4 moves (not Toxic yet.) Next turn, I Trick and recieve Shell Bell. He goes for Toxic and misses. His team was Charizard Aggron Umbreon. Guess which mega evolved.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dusclops
- Will o wisp
- Infestation
- Shadow Punch
- Pain Split

Furfrou @ Rocky Helmet
- Cotton Guard
- Swagger
Umbreon
Shell Bell
Most likely not IV/EVd
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonlight

Shell Bell. SHELL BELL. SHELL BELL.

I trick it Specs and just........
Can the two of you be more specific and at least state what the Pokemon were doing in battle in specific, what you had against them, and maybe how they caught you off-guard? Cause at face value I'm kind of inclined not to add that Dusclops set, because that set is actually something one would expect to see on it. The only "weird" thing about it is the fact the person's using Dusclops, who is heavily outclassed most of the time...And I do see a lot of Rocky Helmet Furfrou these days. Swagger's not really a move I would ever expect to see on it but at the same time I think it's sort of lumped in with Dusclops as "just a Pokemon you wouldn't normally see" rather than "A moveset you wouldn't normally see".

That Umbreon though, I'm leaning toward adding it. Lol idk why they'd use Shell Bell though, I guess they were pretty new and inexperienced. But if you could expand on the details of the battle itself a bit more, I may add it

Edit: Didn't want to double post so I'm gonna stick this here for now...Ran into some funky Stunfisk set:

Stunfisk @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def(?) / 4 SpD
Bold(?) Nature
- Fissure
- Yawn
- Rest(?)
- Thunderbolt/Discharge(???)

Not entirely sure of the last two moves but this Stunfisk had survived a Bullet Seed from my Breloom (I only hit twice) and used Yawn, which forced me to switch. Upon sending in something else, it went for Fissure, which made me almost freak out, had it not missed. I wasn't able to see the last two moves it had, but after KOing it with Crawdaunt's Knock Off, I noticed it had Chesto Berry (and I also got paralyzed by Static) so I was thinking it may or may not have had Rest in the moveset somewhere. Either way it's another surprise bulky Pokemon packing those OHKO moves on Battle Spot

Video: DFWW-WWWW-WWW5-6X5U

Last edited:
Since Issues traded me an Impostor Ditto yesterday, I decided to check out what silly things were on the Battle Spot. Nothing was unusual until I ran into a Japanese player with this team:

Girafarig @ ?

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power
Mirror Coat
Psychic

Yamask @ Eviolite

Will O Wisp
Trick Room
Night Shade
Pain Split

Delibird @ Choice Scarf (won a speed tie with my Scarfed Ditto)

Aerial Ace
Destiny Bond
Ice Punch
Brick Break

I do not play to "win" per se with my joke team (Ditto, Wobbuffet, something else in 3rd slot), mainly to observe their moveset. That, and forcing people to look at lipstick Wobbuffet is funny to me. :)

EDIT: I ran into a German player with a variant on the Curselax set:

Snorlax @ ? (Probably Sitrus Berry)

Curse
Rest
Amnesia
Double Edge

You don't see double boosting Snorlax all that often, so I thought I'd give it a mention.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since Issues traded me an Impostor Ditto yesterday, I decided to check out what silly things were on the Battle Spot. Nothing was unusual until I ran into a Japanese player with this team:

Girafarig@ ?

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power
Mirror Coat
Psychic

Yamask @ Eviolite

Will O Wisp
Trick Room
Night Shade
Pain Split

Delibird @ Choice Scarf (won a speed tie with my Scarfed Ditto)

Aerial Ace
Destiny Bond
Ice Punch
Brick Break

I do not play to "win" per se with my joke team (Ditto, Wobbuffet, something else in 3rd slot), mainly to observe their moveset. That, and forcing people to look at lipstick Wobbuffet is funny to me. :)

EDIT: I ran into a German player with a variant on the Curselax set:

Snorlax @ ? (Probably Sitrus Berry)

Curse
Rest
Amnesia
Double Edge

You don't see double boosting Snorlax all that often, so I thought I'd give it a mention.
This is a pretty cool method for Scouting, though I do have a personal request myself if you decide to continue using it...Aside from just pointing out any other things you see the Pokemon doing in the battle, can you also maybe jot down the stats they have? You're able to view your Ditto's stats mid-battle after it's Transformed, that could probably help a bit with determining EVs accurately. Not that you NEED to, but just something I wanted to ask ya to do in the future, up to you whether you do or don't.

Also, ran into my first Seismic Toss Kangaskhan today, but it was a bit different from what I was expecting:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast(?)

I was expecting your standard one with Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Return, EQ, blahblahblah until I saw it 2HKO my Slowbro with Shadow Ball. Heck of a good way to get around all the physically defensive Rocky Helmet users/Intimidate users out there since the coverage lets it beat most of them you'd run into (Mawile, Gyarados, Slowbro, Ferrothorn, etc.) while still doing fixed damage with Seismic Toss. Definitely creative, but definitely a pain to deal with when you expect the standard one to come up. Heck I think even 'standard' Seismic Toss Kangaskhan runs Wish and some other stuff... Video: T4FG-WWWW-WWW5-94PA

Vanilluxe @ Weakness Policy
Trait: Weak Armor
Ev's some hp, max satk, some speed
Modest Nature
- Freeze Dry
- Ice Shard
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire (or fighting)

Weird enough, but powerful sp attack leaves nothing to be desired. Breaks sashes with Ice Shard.
If you manage to get the weak armor buff, that's a nice bonus that often seal games.

bonus video code: FMJG-WWWW-WWW5-9ELM

Last edited:
Not too sure whether this is actually common... But I ran across this annoying Japanese Quagsire today that is designed to really annoy physical attackers that cannot OHKO/2HKO it. Luckily my Volcarona killed it on a critical hit...

Quagsire (Rocky Helmet, presumably Unaware)
EVs and nature: ??? (Can these be scouted by Imposter Ditto? If so, how?)
- Infestation
- Yawn
- Stockpile
- Recover

CoolStoryBrobat

Not too sure whether this is actually common... But I ran across this annoying Japanese Quagsire today that is designed to really annoy physical attackers that cannot OHKO/2HKO it. Luckily my Volcarona killed it on a critical hit...

Quagsire (Rocky Helmet, presumably Unaware)
EVs and nature: ??? (Can these be scouted by Imposter Ditto? If so, how?)
- Infestation
- Yawn
- Stockpile
- Recover
Yeah, you can scout them with Ditto by checking the Pokemon's summary in-battle after you copy it. You'll have to save the stats somewhere and then use either Pokemon Showdown or the calc on there to determine the EVs and stats, but it at least gives you a solid idea of what you're working with afterward

This is a pretty cool method for Scouting, though I do have a personal request myself if you decide to continue using it...Aside from just pointing out any other things you see the Pokemon doing in the battle, can you also maybe jot down the stats they have? You're able to view your Ditto's stats mid-battle after it's Transformed, that could probably help a bit with determining EVs accurately. Not that you NEED to, but just something I wanted to ask ya to do in the future, up to you whether you do or don't.

Also, ran into my first Seismic Toss Kangaskhan today, but it was a bit different from what I was expecting:

Modest Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast(?)

I was expecting your standard one with Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Return, EQ, blahblahblah until I saw it 2HKO my Slowbro with Shadow Ball. Heck of a good way to get around all the physically defensive Rocky Helmet users/Intimidate users out there since the coverage lets it beat most of them you'd run into (Mawile, Gyarados, Slowbro, Ferrothorn, etc.) while still doing fixed damage with Seismic Toss. Definitely creative, but definitely a pain to deal with when you expect the standard one to come up. Heck I think even 'standard' Seismic Toss Kangaskhan runs Wish and some other stuff... Video: T4FG-WWWW-WWW5-94PA
I run FB/icebeam/EQ over another special move on this just because my greninja does not have a water move for dem heatrans.

Yeah, you can scout them with Ditto by checking the Pokemon's summary in-battle after you copy it. You'll have to save the stats somewhere and then use either Pokemon Showdown or the calc on there to determine the EVs and stats, but it at least gives you a solid idea of what you're working with afterward
Hmm, I don't get it. I tried with my Imposter Ditto in a mock battle on that battle video. Even after I send it out and it transforms, I still see only my own Ditto's stats in the summary screen in battle. I've tried transforming vs that annoying Quagsire (which i didn't know its EVs) and also another opponent's poke in the same mock battle, but I don't see any changes in my Ditto's stats both in and out of the mock battle.

Modest Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast(?)

Sorry to quote another post of yours, but I think you got the Kangaskhan ability wrong. If memory serves me right, the only legal Kangaskhan ability with Seismic Toss is Early Bird (it's a Gen 3 move tutor move, if I recall correctly, and the move cannot be passed down as an egg move).

Hmm, I don't get it. I tried with my Imposter Ditto in a mock battle on that battle video. Even after I send it out and it transforms, I still see only my own Ditto's stats in the summary screen in battle. I've tried transforming vs that annoying Quagsire (which i didn't know its EVs) and also another opponent's poke in the same mock battle, but I don't see any changes in my Ditto's stats both in and out of the mock battle.

Sorry to quote another post of yours, but I think you got the Kangaskhan ability wrong. If memory serves me right, the only legal Kangaskhan ability with Seismic Toss is Early Bird (it's a Gen 3 move tutor move, if I recall correctly, and the move cannot be passed down as an egg move).
1.youre right the summary doesnt show ditto's copied stats..
2. ability capsule

CoolStoryBrobat

Hmm, I don't get it. I tried with my Imposter Ditto in a mock battle on that battle video. Even after I send it out and it transforms, I still see only my own Ditto's stats in the summary screen in battle. I've tried transforming vs that annoying Quagsire (which i didn't know its EVs) and also another opponent's poke in the same mock battle, but I don't see any changes in my Ditto's stats both in and out of the mock battle
Aww, that actually didn't work? I guess I put my foot in my mouth then...I guess that's my fault then for not testing it but I thought it'd work for sure, haha

Through the sorrow all through my splendor, don't take offence at my Poké-Innuendo.

I was beaten by this today. I call this set the "Audacious Vivillon".

Vivillon @ Focus sash
Modest (almost sure)
Compoundeyes
252 satk 252 speed

- sleep powder
- hurricane
- ? (bug buzz)
- ? (psychic)

What this Vivillon did, it destroyed my team. I wasn't prepared for a special flying sweeper, I saw the Vivillon but did not expected it to be a sweeper. Oh well. It raped my Mega-Venusaur and Landorus. Split them in two. And got a confusion out of the first hurricane. It hit all the 4 hurricanes it launched unto me. Compoundeyes.

--

And I battled this weird set today, and won. I must admit it was the 1st time I faced a Zoroark like this. I call this set "Twofold Zoroark".

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Illusion
Timid/Naive
252 speed, the rest split into atk and satk, I presume.

- protect
- counter
- sucker punch
- ? (night daze or other coverage move)

Why Twofold Zoroark? Because it defeats both faster and slower, bulkier physical threats. Against faster threats it protects and proceeds to sash counter, and against slower mons it just counters or uses the last move available to try to 2hko or ohko. Sucker Punch against faster opponents with sash. My opponent started with a Medicham, then it used protect. Much to his dismay I u-turned on the second turn into my Aegislash, leaving the Zoroark with 1 hp and rendering his counter useless.

Guilan.

CoolStoryBrobat

Through the sorrow all through my splendor, don't take offence at my Poké-Innuendo.

I was beaten by this today. I call this set the "Audacious Vivillon".

Vivillon @ Focus sash
Modest (almost sure)
Compoundeyes
252 satk 252 speed

- sleep powder
- hurricane
- ? (bug buzz)
- ? (psychic)

What this Vivillon did, it destroyed my team. I wasn't prepared for a special flying sweeper, I saw the Vivillon but did not expected it to be a sweeper. Oh well. It raped my Mega-Venusaur and Landorus. Split them in two. And got a confusion out of the first hurricane. It hit all the 4 hurricanes it launched unto me. Compoundeyes.

--

And I battled this weird set today, and won. I must admit it was the 1st time I faced a Zoroark like this. I call this set "Twofold Zoroark".

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Illusion
Timid/Naive
252 speed, the rest split into atk and satk, I presume.

- protect
- counter
- sucker punch
- ? (night daze or other coverage move)

Why Twofold Zoroark? Because it defeats both faster and slower, bulkier physical threats. Against faster threats it protects and proceeds to sash counter, and against slower mons it just counters or uses the last move available to try to 2hko or ohko. Sucker Punch against faster opponents with sash. My opponent started with a Medicham, then it used protect. Much to his dismay I u-turned on the second turn into my Aegislash, leaving the Zoroark with 1 hp and rendering his counter useless.

Guilan.
I'll add the Zoroark set for sure, but Vivillon, actually runs that kind of set...most likely had Quiver Dance in the 4th moveslot, too. I think more or less you just haven't seen a Vivillon on Battle Spot, haha

Blaziken @ Weakness Policy
Speed Boost
EVs: hp, Def, and speed enough to outrun most of the tier after a speed boost
Defensive Nature careful/impish

- substitute
- baton pass
- bulk up
- protect

This thing managed to survive a nonstab earthquake of mine and passed a bulkup and two speed boosts, and the weakness policy boost to a Mega Heracross. Mega Heracross has good coverage, it defeated me in a flash. I expected at least one attacking move, ffs.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
That's actually so good. I mean, it'd take a pretty ballsy player to risk Taunting a Blaziken...

Blaziken @ Weakness Policy
Speed Boost
EVs: hp, Def, and speed enough to outrun most of the tier after a speed boost
Defensive Nature careful/impish

- substitute
- baton pass
- bulk up
- protect

This thing managed to survive a nonstab earthquake of mine and passed a bulkup and two speed boosts, and the weakness policy boost to a Mega Heracross. Mega Heracross has good coverage, it defeated me in a flash. I expected at least one attacking move, ffs.
I had one of this in DWOU gen5 before it got banned lol
But what advantage does it have now over scolipede?

IDK if this is popular on BS but I came across a Japanese player using a:
Magnemite(LVL 1) @ Oran Berry
Sturdy
-Recycle
-????
-????
-????

It PP stalled out my Chomp locked onto fireblast with Sturdy + Oran berry + Recycle combo and eventually I forfeited..
These Japanese people are crazy my god.

CoolStoryBrobat

IDK if this is popular on BS but I came across a Japanese player using a:
Magnemite(LVL 1) @ Oran Berry
Sturdy
-Recycle
-????
-????
-????

It PP stalled out my Chomp locked onto fireblast with Sturdy + Oran berry + Recycle combo and eventually I forfeited..
These Japanese people are crazy my god.
Lol, oh god..You've run into a good old blast from the past known as Swagnemite. This is actually a known set, though it's kinda old and a pretty powerful gimmick, which is why some folks may not be familiar with it, since it's sparsely used. I'm kinda iffy on it but I will post this in the OP, haha. I'll probably also give it a link to the original set...Kinda hilarious how Japan found out about Swagnemite though...Then again it's not like just cause one person thought of it, no one else did

Lol, oh god..You've run into a good old blast from the past known as Swagnemite. This is actually a known set, though it's kinda old and a pretty powerful gimmick, which is why some folks may not be familiar with it, since it's sparsely used. I'm kinda iffy on it but I will post this in the OP, haha. I'll probably also give it a link to the original set...Kinda hilarious how Japan found out about Swagnemite though...Then again it's not like just cause one person thought of it, no one else did
I wanted to find and kill this person. I had the worst time of my life. Why would anybody want to do such a thing?

I don't know much about the Pokemon but this guy was running a mixed azumarill it had aqua jet (pretty normal) then he used hydro pump

Lol this kangaskhan
Modest 252SpA 252spe/HP?
-sub
-shadow ball
-drain punch
-unknown, maybe pup or another coverage move

we both lead with our own respective kangaskhan
i switched in gourgeist while it drain punched
it hit me with a shadow ball which did over half while i went for leech seed
then it subs up on my wow and killed me with another shadow ball after i protected once for a bit more leech seed damage.

I brought back in my own kanga who hadnt evolved, still outspeeded and took it out with my double seismic toss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)