"Worst Pokémon Ever"

I'd like to nominate Ditto.

Design-wise, it is just a pink blob of goo that a 3-year-old could draw, and it has not changed at all since Gen 1 in that regard.

Even its movepool has remained shallow, as it consists entirely of Transform and, barring glitches, nothing else in the entirety of all six generations.

Its stats are also incredibly poor, at 48 each, and as if that weren't bad enough, its one use in-game, being a sex slave to the Day Care Pokémon, is rendered completely invalid by its inability to pass down moves/abilities to its offspring.

Obviously, Ditto gained a huge buff in Gen 5 thanks to its Dream World Ability, Imposter.

The problem is that this makes Ditto just as strong as your opponent - a complete copy. So you have to depend on your opponent doing something strong for this to work.

And since most people know what their own Pokémon's weaknesses are, even that won't work for long.

I'd like to nominate Ditto.

Design-wise, it is just a pink blob of goo that a 3-year-old could draw, and it has not changed at all since Gen 1 in that regard.

Even its movepool has remained shallow, as it consists entirely of Transform and, barring glitches, nothing else in the entirety of all six generations.

Its stats are also incredibly poor, at 48 each, and as if that weren't bad enough, its one use in-game, being a sex slave to the Day Care Pokémon, is rendered completely invalid by its inability to pass down moves/abilities to its offspring.

Obviously, Ditto gained a huge buff in Gen 5 thanks to its Dream World Ability, Imposter.

The problem is that this makes Ditto just as strong as your opponent - a complete copy. So you have to depend on your opponent doing something strong for this to work.

And since most people know what their own Pokémon's weaknesses are, even that won't work for long.
Not sure what game you're playing, but Ditto can certainly act as a parent to pass down the other's moves/abilities. Unless you're talking about Ditto's moves and abilities, to which I respond: Why would it need to?

Ditto is one of the most useful Pokemon ever.

Not sure what game you're playing, but Ditto can certainly act as a parent to pass down the other's moves/abilities. Unless you're talking about Ditto's moves and abilities, to which I respond: Why would it need to?

Ditto is one of the most useful Pokemon ever.
My point is that if you're breeding, you're better off NOT using Ditto, so that you can transfer moves/abilities from both parents onto the offspring, rather than just one.

Um, that's because the games are made in Japan. And so Japan gets to choose which Pokémon have which gender ratios. And its Japanese name, バリヤード, makes no references to gender at all, so there was no reason to make it a male-only species.

Though I will agree with you that Mr. Mime is creepy based on all of those other points.
Yea, I'm aware of most of that. At the end of the day though, regardless of circumstance, we have a complete mess of a pokémon for all english versions of the game.

I might get lynched for this but fuck it.

I HATE with a passion Charizard. Easily the most overrated POS in the world. Regular Charizard is awful competatively. All you need to do is throw a pebble at it and its dead. Everyone and their mother picked him as their starter. Despite some pokes needing a better mega they gave this fucker 2 megas. Y keeping it's awful typing while nerfing weather. X looks like the flames are slobber. Going back to Gen 1 GF pissed everyone off by not making him a dragon and people bitched until we got a mega with one.

Also for the overrated reason I hate Blaziken. Not as much but still not a fan at all.

I might get lynched for this but fuck it.

I HATE with a passion Charizard. Easily the most overrated POS in the world. Regular Charizard is awful competatively. All you need to do is throw a pebble at it and its dead. Everyone and their mother picked him as their starter. Despite some pokes needing a better mega they gave this fucker 2 megas. Y keeping it's awful typing while nerfing weather. X looks like the flames are slobber. Going back to Gen 1 GF pissed everyone off by not making him a dragon and people bitched until we got a mega with one.

Also for the overrated reason I hate Blaziken. Not as much but still not a fan at all.
WAT!!!!
Ok it's overrated and in no way deserves to be banned from UU with its megas. The megas were clearly just to give already popular pokemon uber forms, instead of complaining about Charizard getting 2 I was pissed Blaziken got one and none of the other gens or rest of 3 got any. Charizard on its own has big power and great 100 speed. Yeah it's weak to rock by x4 but it gets roost and can out speed most rocks or come back later. Stealth rocks is bad but honestly, anyone who loves Yanmega knows to always clear rocks. Design wise, it's what you would expect from a fire-notdragon. It's not Charizard's fault drought got nerfed, it was going to get that either way and needed it.

And no matter what anyone says, Gen1 was sloppily made. There were no dragon moves and dragon rage was bland. I don't think the game was ready for a dragon who got a stab on fire, one of ice's weaknesses.

WAT!!!!
Ok it's overrated and in no way deserves to be banned from UU with its megas. The megas were clearly just to give already popular pokemon uber forms, instead of complaining about Charizard getting 2 I was pissed Blaziken got one and none of the other gens or rest of 3 got any. Charizard on its own has big power and great 100 speed. Yeah it's weak to rock by x4 but it gets roost and can out speed most rocks or come back later. Stealth rocks is bad but honestly, anyone who loves Yanmega knows to always clear rocks. Design wise, it's what you would expect from a fire-notdragon. It's not Charizard's fault drought got nerfed, it was going to get that either way and needed it.

And no matter what anyone says, Gen1 was sloppily made. There were no dragon moves and dragon rage was bland. I don't think the game was ready for a dragon who got a stab on fire, one of ice's weaknesses.
I agree with the Blaziken thing but Im still holding out DLC hope. I would have not been so mad about the mega thing if he just got his X one ( IMO the better one).Im not a big fan of many Pokemon 4x weak to rock but he stands below the rest because of they have awesome abilities. Speed boost and Gale Wings is way better then both his abilities. Thats my problem with the deign. It looks so generic.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^In the works, I guess.

I mean, GameFreak can't just release all the Megas at once just like that. By spreading them out a bit they keep the "rarity" of a Mega evolution much longer, and it gives more attention to each new Mega. If they had released 100 of them with X/Y, many would simply vanish in the crowd. By making batches of 10-20 at a time, every new Mega Evolution gets more time in the spotlight.

Come July and August, I think we'll begin to see hints of a sequel game or two to X and Y, to be released next January or February. I think we'll see more Megas as the release date draws closer.

Although, since all the megas that we know of, that haven't been released (and we can probe the data of X and Y with Powersaves and whatlike) are just the Latis, inserting more megas would probably mean needing to patch the game with Z-content. Reason being, that you can trade Megastones with another game, unlike for example, the Griseous Orb.

If more megas do happen, hopefully are they giving it to things actually needing of megas and not more pseudolegends. I really hope, they learn something from Kangaskhan and not completely overdo it either >implying that'll happen

Last edited:
While I will always love my Charizard due to him being my first starter, I do agree there is a lot of fanboyism surrounding him. And the fact that none of gen 2 or 4 got megas PISSES ME OFF! Where is my Mega-Meganium???
Give me a Mega Swampert with Sap Sipper man. Also wheres my mega Samurott?

Now that would be the worst pokemon. The one item to get banned from uber tier. Come on, even the legendaries are balanced on their level.
Actually I wouldn't find it too horrible. Vanilla Serperior has naught but Hidden Power for Steel coverage and terrible SAtk to begin with (without an additional ability, a Mega stat boost would anyway be weaker than a comparable Life Orb boost). All you'd have to do to wall it is send out a decently bulky Steel. Or Togekiss.

Actually I wouldn't find it too horrible. Vanilla Serperior has naught but Hidden Power for Steel coverage and terrible SAtk to begin with (without an additional ability, a Mega stat boost would anyway be weaker than a comparable Life Orb boost). All you'd have to do to wall it is send out a decently bulky Steel. Or Togekiss.
It could reach +6 in seconds with contrary, now it gets much better stats and draco meteor. It's already very fast with decent bulk, there's not enough things to counter something like that.

Any ice move would kill it.
Speed of 113 and throw on a mega. Aero went from 130 to 150 so that's 130.4 base stats to out speed and even if it is Ice Shard he's only mono grass so it wont completely destroy him. And no I don't think they're going to make an ice version of Pursuit to keep him from just switching out.

I'm a bit confused...
I leave the thread for 2 days and this happens?

btw talking about pokes that should've gotten megas is banned, I think

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
While we're at it let's make a mega kyogre with permanent drizzle with a signature move called "flood" which is a 100% accurate OHKO move!!!

No but seriously talking about unreleased megas is a stupid idea lol.

To get some more discussion going: Which is worse, publicly hated or just forgotten?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Forgotten is worse, I'd say. If it's publicly hated, at least it has made an impact. Some would regard any bad design as "quirky" or "cool" or something like that. It'd gain attention as a jokémon. Perhaps spawn a meme or two. It'd spice up the Pokémon lineup a little, and probably generate some fun along the way.

Forgotten 'mons, on the other hand, exist mostly to fluff the Pokédex. Few, if any, people have any fun with them. They fail to make any sort of impact on the fan base. That's a pretty solid failure. It can be argued that the less interesting designs at least make the good ones stand out more, but the direct contrast to the good Pokémon would be the bottom-of-the-barrel stuff. If people want joke Pokémon, they go straight for Luvdisc or Ledian or other absolute badmons, overlooking the likes of Lumineon, Carnivine and Beautifly in the process. Quite a few people find the bottom of the barrel interesting, because most others go for the stuff at the top. Meanwhile, the segment just above the bottom is the land of despair, where nobody bother to look twice, and where no Pokémon make any impact. That's where you find the true failures of Pokémon.

Forgotten is definitely worse. Luvdisc and Delibird are at least memetically known for being absolute rubbish, so much that we write joke analyses of them (which are btw really entertaining to read), and Ledian is at least known for its great design ruined by terrible stats. With that have they at least made some mark upon the mind of the playerbase. They at least have some sort of appeal, and part of it is the very fact of being a shitmon. They incite the kind of fascination, that we get out of reading The Eye of Argon or watching Ed Wood movies.

On the other hand, how much do you even hear Wormadam, Lumineon and Stantler getting half a mention, that is outside of "Pokémon you didn't remember existed" threads? They make it into that kind of category, because they're only bad, not spectacularly bad, or they're bad and don't have any other kind of appeal to the fanbase, such as design. That is a worse punishment than being an absolute joke imo, being forgotten as Pokédex-filler at best. At least Delibird gets some attention.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Forgotten is definitely worse. Luvdisc and Delibird are at least memetically known for being absolute rubbish, so much that we write joke analyses of them (which are btw really entertaining to read), and Ledian is at least known for its great design ruined by terrible stats. With that have they at least made some mark upon the mind of the playerbase. They at least have some sort of appeal, and part of it is the very fact of being a shitmon. They incite the kind of fascination, that we get out of reading The Eye of Argon or watching Ed Wood movies.

On the other hand, how much do you even hear Wormadam, Lumineon and Stantler getting half a mention, that is outside of "Pokémon you didn't remember existed" threads? They make it into that kind of category, because they're only bad, not spectacularly bad, or they're bad and don't have any other kind of appeal to the fanbase, such as design. That is a worse punishment than being an absolute joke imo, being forgotten as Pokédex-filler at best. At least Delibird gets some attention.
This. Say what you want about Farfech'd or Unown, at least they're unique. At least they make good jokes. But Stantler is nothing else than a very, very poor man's Tauros, and Lumineon is completely outclassed, even in its own tier.

If there's anything worse than terrible Pokemon, it's extremely mediocre ones, because you can't even laugh at them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)