SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

Started a Wonderlocke a few days ago. Aside from the first thing traded to me being a Bidoof, I've actually got a solid team that includes Doublade, Conkeldurr, and Gardevoir. But the kicker is, I got a freaking Zekrom, just after beating Olympia. Not just a lucky Wondertrade, but one with absolute perfect timing. It's around my team's level, and I'm currently rampaging through Lysandre Labs with it.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
!!! I was wonder trading out my 4IV Skarmory spitbacks and I got a 3IV (x/31/31/x/x/31) Adamant Speed Boost Torchic with Baton Pass (I've been meaning to start breeding for an Adamant Torchic), and I got a 5IV (31/31/31/x/31/31) Gastly with Disable and Perish Song (PERISH SONG!).

:) I already have flawless Speed Boost Torchic with Low Kick and Baton Pass, but they're Jolly, and Adamant is a slightly better nature in my opinion. I also have flawless Timid Gastly with Disable, but Perish Song is a PokeBank only egg move, so this really made my day!

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I started trading on my restarted copy of Y, and raised up some vivillions, butterfree, and beedrill to send out so that I wouldn't be hated for sending out, say, bunnelby. I then proceeded to get a level 73 Zygarde before entering Santalune forest. Also got several promising level 1s, but I can't exactly check IVs yet.

But the best part is, after leaving Lumiose I decided to send out some of the obvious spitbacks I had no intention of using. Second trade was a level 100, shiny Cloyster. Granted, it's shell armor and has the worstest movepool ever (lol aurora beam), but it's still a level 100 shiny.

Along the way I also got bulbasaur with giga drain and petal dance, two treecko, HA starters from Kalos and Kanto, and an immunity Gligar with adamant.

Also, I noticed that I got nearly a dozen japanese eevee. Anyone else get that around 4 AM GMT?

Recently when wonder trading, among the usual trash I got two great things: a 4IV31 Larvitar with Dragon Dance and a 1IV31 Aron with Head Smash and hidden ability. What make them so amazing? Both were in hard-to-get previous gen only balls, pespectively Safari and Dream Ball, plus both are female meaning I'll be able to breed myself those rare balls! Maybe not the best balls for a Tyranitar or an Aggron, but still they are hard-to-get previous gen only balls. I also got cool things like Ferroseed, Cottonee and HA Venipede with egg moves and several perfect IVs, but they're female in regular balls unfortunately (yeah I care about the balls Female Pokémon are in, because I love the ball inheritance mechanic so much). I also got a 3IV31 Moon Ball Ralts with egg moves, but sadly it was male.

I have to wait March to download Pokémon Bank trial period because I want to have a free access to it for early-April, but I can't wait to breed my rare Dream World only balls like Luxury Ball Aerodactyl and release some bred females through Wonder Trade. I hope they'll make some people's day!

Last edited:
I love cloning some of my 5th gen rng'd pokemon and transferring them over to my Y and wonder trading them out. I love imagining how happy the other person is when they see they got a flawless shiny. Even if i do get route 2 trash for it.

You, sir, OWN the game.

I try to do something similar, but with 5 perfect iv pokemon. And throw away the trash i get and breed new guys just for giving away :D

!!! I was wonder trading out my 4IV Skarmory spitbacks and I got a 3IV (x/31/31/x/x/31) Adamant Speed Boost Torchic with Baton Pass (I've been meaning to start breeding for an Adamant Torchic), and I got a 5IV (31/31/31/x/31/31) Gastly with Disable and Perish Song (PERISH SONG!).

:) I already have flawless Speed Boost Torchic with Low Kick and Baton Pass, but they're Jolly, and Adamant is a slightly better nature in my opinion. I also have flawless Timid Gastly with Disable, but Perish Song is a PokeBank only egg move, so this really made my day!
I've been giving away some Timid Gastlys with Perish Song and Disable, that could be me!

I once got a japanese Charmander... when I looked closer, it had Solar Power, was Timid, had Dragon Pulse (and Dragon Dance)... and 6 IVs. I was like O_o

I'm trading 3-4 IV Charmander, and I keep getting Charmander in return. I just got two in a row, and they're both worse than the ones I gave out! Hopefully I'm at least helping speed up the other peoples' breeding projects.

I got a Japanese Conkeldurr, a Jolly Zubat with Defog/Brave Bird, and a Japanese Timid Froakie with Protean and egg moves. Not bad for my first day.

Update: Adamant Speed Boost Torchic, Adamant Gale Wings Fletchling, Adamant Beldum, and a Chespin. Yay!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who gets pissed off by those level 1 Charmanders without any perfect IV or egg moves (besides sometimes Flare Blitz) and completely random natures? It looks like young players breed their in-game Charizard after beating the game, because of course everyone and their mother chose Charmander as Kanto starter, and they obviously use a Ditto caught at Pokémon Village, without caring about IVs. At least they try to be nice by giving the Kanto starter you maybe didn't took from Sycamore instead of giving away early-route wild-caught obviously worthless stuff. I'd like to say to all of those players: sorry, it doesn't work. As I said most people choose Charmander as their Kanto starter, and it is by far one of the most common thing you get from Wonder Trade, Bulbasaur and Squirtle being much less common, but if you really want to be nice with Charmanders, try at least to care about IVs and egg moves. Because frankly I facepalm every time I get a Charmander at Wonder Trade, it became one of my "blacklisted" species.

Also Ralts are mildly annoying at Wonder Trade because they're very common, but I'm fine with them because at least most of these are very good spitbacks. I recently got a Love Ball female one with four egg moves and perfect IVs, that's really awesome.

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also Ralts are mildly annoying at Wonder Trade because they're very common, but I'm fine with them because at least most of these are very good spitbacks. I recently got a Love Ball female one with four egg moves and perfect IVs, that's really awesome.
I am. so. fucking. sick. of. Eevee. Almost none of the ones I got have optimal natures or egg moves either (what am I going to do with a Bold Eevee without Wish?)

That being said, I am in the process of Wonder Trading ~700 4-6IV Fletchling in Repeat Balls with Quick Guard, all failures from Masuda-ing (I have yet to get my shiny). I say 4-6IV because both parents are flawless in the right stats and I didn't check any of the IVs but given probabilities there's probably a decent chunk of 5-6IV Fletchling that aren't female with Big Pecks. So far, I traded off about 6 boxes (180 Pokemon), and in return got mostly freshly caught trash, <3IV breeding rejects, and one troll who had an R U MAD? message who was apparently mass trading Luvdisc. The best I got so far are a Japanese 6IV Torrent Froakie, a probably hacked shiny lv100 shiny Squirtle from Unova, a 5IV female HA Poliwag missing HP, and a handful of other mons with nice egg moves I have yet to check.

At the end of the day, I don't really care what I get, I have nearly everything I need and everything I don't is probably an unrealistic expectation. It's also great way to take a break after that demoralizing streak without a shiny and my 300 rating tumble on certain ladders on PS...

I have been trying to hatch a Shiny Ralts, and I have Wonder Traded the rejects, but I keep a record of which pokémon I got. After sending 234 pokémon the top 20 pokémon I received were:

Rank Pokémon Quantity
1 Fletchling 9
2 Eevee 7
3 Honedge 7
4 Charmander 6
5 Ralts 6
6 Zubat 4
7 Feebas 4
8 Scraggy 4
9 Froakie 4
10 Flabébé 4
11 Weedle 3
12 Oddish 3
13 Scyther 3
14 Magikarp 3
15 Trapinch 3
16 Bagon 3
17 Combee 3
18 Bunnelby 3
19 Skiddo 3
20 Skrelp 3

No legendary or special pokémon yet. Any thoughts?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
So censoring is worthless when I received "Gay thoughts" and "Put(a/o)" tonight. In fact, I would argue the Streisand effect is at work. At least I got them as opposed to some little kid.

In addition to the "gems" above, I managed to trade off two boxes of 4-6IV Fletchlings tonight. The best I received: a flawless Jolly Hyper Cutter Pinsir, a Brave female Karrablast with 0 Speed IV & egg moves Drill Run, Megahorn, and Knock Off (shame it has Swarm but still viable), a random Zygarde (this guy got one of the Big Pecks females lol), a shiny lv100 Cradily from Unova with shit IVs (worthless to me, re-traded it off).

I'm currently breeding for a Shiny Amaura (I don't know how its looks as Shiny so it will be a surprise! for this reason I don't want any clue or description about its Shiny coloration, nor about Aurorus) and I often send 4-6IV modest Amaura with four egg moves at Wonder Trade, generally with the nickname "Y U NO SHINY". After getting early route crap like Zigzagoon or Weedle and worthless bred Pokémon with no more than one perfect IV, I was surprised by a Shiny Barbaracle, freshly caught at Friend Safari, and I didn't even known how it looked as Shiny, so I was even more surprised! It looks kinda weird, and definitely not how I imagined it, and even if it's potentially a clone (or even worse, a Powersave hacked one) I don't care much. Also its nickname is "Cool guy", but lol it's a female.

Then I finished my Wonder Trade session by getting a Brave Bird/Whirlwind/Stealth Rock spitback Skarmory (4IV without attack and SpA). Really nice, given Skarmory is one of my favourite Pokémon, even if I already got one with the same egg moves previously.

Actually this Barbaracle is the second Shiny I ever got at Wonder Trade, the first one being a blatantly hacked Suicune with event moves Sheer Cold and Extreme Speed, but with timid nature and caught on a Love Ball. It happened a while ago, so ever since it is possible that Wonder Trade's hack filters has been improved.

(If anyone has a Shiny Amaura/Aurorus in their avatar or sign, I cannot see it because I'm hiding images on my browser. You have no idea how many gen VI Shinies I was spoiled about before I discovered this possibility.)

Edit: just got another Skarmory with the same egg moves again (plus Drill Peck), but now an Heavy Ball female one! I'm so happy!

Last edited:
Was breeding for female Combee recently, and Wonder Traded out the unwanted males with names like: "Beelieve It!", "Bee Urself", "Bee Mine", "Drone #101", "Oh Bother", "Dare2BeatE4", and my favourite, "Useless". Felt awful and guilty whenever I got something good in return, like this really great Kangaskhan. ;; Luckily most of what I got were derps, so I didn't feel too terrible in the end.

Some of these stories are pretty crazy.

I got a 5IV, adamant, Gale Wings Flechling once, which was pretty cool since I was literally about to just go and breed one as soon as I was done trading.

Pales in comparison to some of the silliness that's been poster here, though.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I finished my swath of Fletchling Wonder Trades. I got approximately 40k Pokemiles in the process. Some highlights from the final batch included a female HA Wynaut in a Dream Ball (not that Wobb's HA is any good), a 4IV female HA Jolly Torchic, a flawless male Corphish but with Hyper Cutter instead of Adaptability and a flawless Impish Furfrou. I think I've received nearly every variety of Froakie and Honedge under the sun. I think that I'll record and run statistics since I'm going to sort things out anyways; a nice three week respite from my 700+ failures breeding a shiny Fletchling.

Some of these stories are pretty crazy.

I got a 5IV, adamant, Gale Wings Flechling once, which was pretty cool since I was literally about to just go and breed one as soon as I was done trading.

Pales in comparison to some of the silliness that's been poster here, though.
Might've been from me since I just sent out a couple dozen boxes of 4-6IV Adamant Fletchlings. :P

I never trade off those common Pokemon no one likes to get on Wonder Trade (Fletchling, Panpour/sage/sear, BUNNELBY). Today I traded away a box of 2-5 IV Timid Omanyte with Knock Off, Spikes and Toxic Spikes. They are all named "Lord Helix." :D

Crazy thing, though, is that I've gotten 4 shinies in the past 4 days (I traded away 1-2 boxes of Pokemon each day): a level 100 shiny Hypno from Unova, a PERFECT shiny Litleo (female), a wild-caught shiny Sneasel, and just now, a shiny x/31/31/0/31/31 Adamant Honedge. Are more people trading away shinies now, or is it just my luck? o.o

Last edited:
One time I was wonder trading some random stuff in my box (Getting countless Magikarps) when I got another Magikarp, which had it's Hidden Ability and was Jolly nature. Haven't checked if it has 6/5IV's yet because I'm 2 lazy.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Every time I read this thread, I see people getting all this cool stuff and then I go to Wonder Trade myself and get nothing but garbage with not even a single perfect IV...are we sure there aren't any factors that decide which Pokemon you get? Must just be terrible luck X_X

at least I'm getting some nice Pokedex entries I guess.

Mienfoo L15 before the first gym. L30s before 2nd gym. What else could you want?
…A level 57 Aegislash before the 7th gym. Fletchling/Scatterbug/Flabebe count in Y: 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)