"Worst Pokémon Ever"

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Feel free to criticize me, but I think that one of the worst of the worst is...Regigigas. Reasons?

#1: It's gimmicky
For someone like me, who, during Gen III, had no time to do the sidequests to get stuff like the Regis, Regigigas was a bitch. You need all 3 Regis to awaken it, which is especially unfair to people without a DS or DS Lite, as they can't get the stuff up at all. They need to trade with their friends to do that, which, for someone like me with few friends, was impossible. Gen V made it easier, but you still needed friends. Making it the "king of all of the others" was just kinda lame in my opinion; if anything, they should be self-governing. And what kind of king is Normal=type?
#2: Competitive usage is limited
There once was a Pokemon named Single Battle Regigigas. It had its ass handed to it. With the lame ability, it should only be used in Doubles and Triples, and in Singles, it'll be down before the 5 turns are over. In addition, for some reason, Regigigas doesn't even get Rest, which would be amazingly helpful during those first ten minutes.

There are plenty of other reasons, but I can't think of them now. That's just my opinion, but I think it stands.
Regigigas is pretty good in Hackmons, though. I think the "worst Pokemon ever" needs to be completely worthless in all contexts.

Didn't realize we were counting hackmons. In the actual games, it's not that great.
It's not exactly Luvdisc level of terrible though. I would put like 20 Pokemon before Regigigas on a list of the worst Pokemon.

Last edited:
It's not exactly Luvdisc level of terrible though. I would put like 50 Pokemon before Regigigas on a list of the worst Pokemon.
What you have to keep in mind, though, is that as a legendary, it's a disappointment, to say the least. It's got a BST that is 90 higher than that of the other Regis, other than in the first five turns (where Attack and Speed are halved), where its BST is 40 less. King of the other Regis? I don't think so. At least not in the first 5 turns.

What you have to keep in mind, though, is that as a legendary, it's a disappointment, to say the least. It's got a BST that is 90 higher than that of the other Regis, other than in the first five turns (where Attack and Speed are halved), where its BST is 40 less. King of the other Regis? I don't think so. At least not in the first 5 turns.
I actually didn't know that Slow Start lasted for 5 turns. Mainly because he never lasts that long. Now that I do know that, sweet lord that's awful, as normally he has fantastic stats if it weren't for that horrid ability.

Oh, Mr. Mime for sure. It has literally no good qualities. Worst design ever, worst name ever, based on the worst real-world thing ever, and it's also nearly worthless in-battle and in-game.

Runners up: Jynx, Miltank, Vanilluxe, Cryogonal, Probopass, Samurott, Emboar, Tangrowth, snubull.

I have a personal grudge against mega-houndoom because of that accursed ability. I've been waiting for a houndoom evo for more than a decade, only to have it lose its immunity in favor of a nearly useless ability.

Masquerain is the Pokemon I forget exists the most. Why does every game need a terrible butterfly Pokemon (Vivillon is it done right)

Masquerain is the Pokemon I forget exists the most. Why does every game need a terrible butterfly Pokemon (Vivillon is it done right)
Masquerain is mainly based on moths with eyespots on the wings and the flight is based on that of a damselfly Imeanwut

In all seriousness, though, the best thing about Masquerain is the ability Intimidate. If given the right moves, it can be okay, but not great.

Masquerain is mainly based on moths with eyespots on the wings and the flight is based on that of a damselfly Imeanwut

In all seriousness, though, the best thing about Masquerain is the ability Intimidate. If given the right moves, it can be okay, but not great.
That being said, it's bad, but not even close to being the worst. I mean, BURMY. Was MUCH worse. Good GOD.

Oh, Mr. Mime for sure. It has literally no good qualities. Worst design ever, worst name ever, based on the worst real-world thing ever, and it's also nearly worthless in-battle and in-game.

Runners up: Jynx, Miltank, Vanilluxe, Cryogonal, Probopass, Samurott, Emboar, Tangrowth, snubull.

I have a personal grudge against mega-houndoom because of that accursed ability. I've been waiting for a houndoom evo for more than a decade, only to have it lose its immunity in favor of a nearly useless ability.
Actually it has a pretty good niche on Baton Pass teams.

Edit: Mr. Mime that is

That being said, it's bad, but not even close to being the worst. I mean, BURMY. Was MUCH worse. Good GOD.
Yeah, Burmy. Dem four moves tho.

I still think Regigigas is lame, though. In the first five moves, it can be outclassed by stuff like Florges, Togekiss, and the like. It's gonna go down before it can do anything significant and will overall disappoint. It's okay in Alphabet Cup with Recover, though. I battled one of those (but took it out easily).

EDIT: Whenever someone says something bad, I'll come up with a new argument for Regigigas being at the bottom. Don't try to convince me otherwise.

Baton pass it enough stat boosts so regigigas at least gets back to normal atk and spd. Then it can actually do something. Only thing i can think of.

That's the ONLY thing to do. Other than giving it Attack boosts and Trick Room.
However, if used in a Double or Triple Battle along with a pink blob that can heal Regigigas, it could be a decent team member. Not great, but decent. However, I still stand on Burmy & the ENTIRE Burmy evolution tree, being a close #1 for worst Pokémon.

If you look at threads about the most forgotten Pokemon, Stantler and Masquerain are always at the top. I agree it can be decent with the right moves.

If you look at threads about the most forgotten Pokemon, Stantler and Masquerain are always at the top. I agree it can be decent with the right moves.
But this isn't quite about the most forgotten, it's about the worst, and while forgotten is a major trait in being the worst, Masquerain still has capability, and isn't the worst by a long shot.

But this isn't quite about the most forgotten, it's about the worst, and while forgotten is a major trait in being the worst, Masquerain still has capability, and isn't the worst by a long shot.
Well it's not good enough that it shouldn't be a part of the conversation. It's still NU and doesn't have a stat over 82. I also think being forgotten is worse. At least stuff like Luvdisc is fun to hate.

In terms of design, I think hawlucha was horrible. I mean I understand the typing, but it literally looks like a Mexican wrestler, I just don't understand it. I mean im pretty sure gamefreak could've been more creative when making a Pokemon of that type.

Albacore

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In terms of design, I think hawlucha was horrible. I mean I understand the typing, but it literally looks like a Mexican wrestler, I just don't understand it. I mean im pretty sure gamefreak could've been more creative when making a Pokemon of that type.
Yeah, but competitively, Hawlucha is awesome, so it shouldn't really qualify as a "bad" Pokemon.

Reactions: Dvv
Come on, it's a luchador with a aztec hawk theme, what aren't you getting? Fighter+bird=Flying Fighting type, there weren't any others with that typing when he came out. They even gave him a signature flying+fighting move (it's not the best competitively but it's pretty cool). He's not bad in the slightest, the design is nice, unique typing that had to be made sooner or later, and he's got awesome speed and manageable attack.

I guess when you put it like that hawlucha is a better Pokemon than what he looks like. Me personally as a newcomer to the maetagame wouldn't use him simply because I wouldn't know how to fit him on a team

Albacore

I guess when you put it like that hawlucha is a better Pokemon than what he looks like. Me personally as a newcomer to the maetagame wouldn't use him simply because I wouldn't know how to fit him on a team
I honestly can't think of an UU team that wouldn't like to use Hawlucha. Need a late-game sweeper that can only be revenge killed by priority? Use Hawlucha.

Hawlucha is probably the best or one of the best pokemon in uu and a lot of players (like me) consider it broken and think it should get banned. You have some really weird teams going on if you can't fit Hawlucha on one of them.

Hawlucha is probably the best or one of the best pokemon in uu and a lot of players (like me) consider it broken and think it should get banned. You have some really weird teams going on if you can't fit Hawlucha on one of them.
I think that was my problem then. I mean im new to this whole metagame crap, so I stick to NU and OU, buut seeing as how this generation is still without its NU tier I've been forced to look elsewhere for a good team. But I tried implementing hawlucha on an OU team and the best teammate I have found for him were galvantula (running a sticky web set) and mandibuzz (getting rid of entry hazards)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)