Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

I can imagine. It's hard to get foreign 6iv dittos let alone a kalos born one :/ I've been keeping my eyes out for one though. If I find a Spanish one I'll let you know
Thanks, Mydnite! I've been through a lot of anger strikes during this whole thing, you have NO idea =/

Right now I have the Spanish (non-Kalos) that Andrea gave me and a genned Imposter 6IV Spanish Ditto (also non-Kalos).

Oh I bet. When I 1st started I went through nearly 22 boxes before my 1st shiny. I swore I was gonna have to buy a new 3ds if I didn't get a shiny before I hatched all of the 2nd batch. Can't imagine going as far as you without a shiny. I would have seriously broke my 3ds already lol but that's me. Keep at it. You'll get one Eventually!! :)

Been following this thread for a while and finally able to contribute.

Once I got the Shiny charm, I've been breeding a KRN 6 IV ditto and 6 IV Charmander.

Total Eggs Hatched: 300
Total Shinies: 1 (female, but 6 speed IV...)

So I got on the sheet to update again and noticed a colored box jumping around the sheet. So I looked at who was viewing the sheet and it was an anonymous user lol wonder if it was a troller failing to troll and getting frustrated :)

Edit: btw bbbunit you have been added :) thanx for contributing!

would like to pledge myself, here are the results once after i got my shiny charm breed with masuda's

Gastly: 166, 1 shiny
Chimchar: 487 still on going, no shiny so far.

total 653 eggs, 1 shiny

Alright I know I've been inactive for a bit but I've been breeding like mad. I bred another 820 eggs in total. Using a crappy 3 iv japanese kalos ditto.

Egg 188 - shiny mudkip (IT HAD ALL THE WRONG IVS. Zzz)
Egg 380-385 idk - shiny teddiursa
Egg 820 - shiny marill.

All my parents were Canadian kalos-bred.

I suppose I'll go back to my original goals of a shiny gourgeist and shiny feebas now!

I'll pledge another 500 eggs and update over the next couple days. :)

Thanks, Mydnite! I've been through a lot of anger strikes during this whole thing, you have NO idea =/

Right now I have the Spanish (non-Kalos) that Andrea gave me and a genned Imposter 6IV Spanish Ditto (also non-Kalos).
It might be worth mooching around on serebii's forums in the trade center - i struck up a trading deal with a taiwanese guy for a 6IV pokemon from all the different egg groups, so he has all of them in english and i have them in japanese, so although its a much longer process to acquire, i feel happy in that I didn't poké gen it and whatnot.

I used poké gen stuff in gen 4 and 5, and felt dirty - i wanted to do everything legit this time around :P

Also, the whole "non-kalos" theory, was that all just speculation or is there any hard evidence for / against?

I started Playing Pokemon since December 11, 2013 & learned breeding after Christmas December 26, 2013. Since then i've bred over 2,800 eggs and never encountered a single Shiny.

So here are my records.

Masuda Method + Shiny Charm
300 eggs - 6IV Japanese Ditto & 6IV Farfetch'd = NO SHINY
1000 eggs (and counting) - 6IV Japanese Ditto & (an uncommon Pokemon "can't mention") = NO SHINY

Mixed of Masuda & No Masuda Method & Shiny Charm
The remaining eggs that I used to get competitive Pokemon from breeding.

PS I've only encountered 1 Shiny it is at the Friend Safari. A 2IV Lillpup. Talk about bad luck :(
Egg #1058 I got a 5IV Modest (-atk) Shiny Munna. So I Hatched a total of 1060 eggs to get a flawless shiny munna :) It's all worth it!

It might be worth mooching around on serebii's forums in the trade center - i struck up a trading deal with a taiwanese guy for a 6IV pokemon from all the different egg groups, so he has all of them in english and i have them in japanese, so although its a much longer process to acquire, i feel happy in that I didn't poké gen it and whatnot.

I used poké gen stuff in gen 4 and 5, and felt dirty - i wanted to do everything legit this time around :P

Also, the whole "non-kalos" theory, was that all just speculation or is there any hard evidence for / against?
Speculation, but there is another theory now which better explains the coincidences and I think has more merit, but I'll go ahead and leave those alone and allow people to flounder instead. haha.

Alright I know I've been inactive for a bit but I've been breeding like mad. I bred another 820 eggs in total. Using a crappy 3 iv japanese kalos ditto.

Egg 188 - shiny mudkip (IT HAD ALL THE WRONG IVS. Zzz)
Egg 380-385 idk - shiny teddiursa
Egg 820 - shiny marill.

All my parents were Canadian kalos-bred.

I suppose I'll go back to my original goals of a shiny gourgeist and shiny feebas now!

I'll pledge another 500 eggs and update over the next couple days. :)
What exactly are your totals all together so I know what to put on the spreadsheet?

Hey, been following the thread for a while. I want to ruin even more the stadistics xD Hatched 600 Fletching eggs (Used local 6 IV Fletching with 6 IV JAP Ditto) 0 Shiny. I already have Shiny Charm. Hope this helps i guess xD

P.D: I'll keep going till i reach 1000 eggs and report again :)

Last edited:
After I get shiny charm, I was preparing my charmander to get start the breeding and then I get my first shiny without masuda on #13 egg. So after this I started the pledge of 1000 eggs with Batch of 100, here is my contribution:
6iv Ditto JAP x 5iv Charmander ENG
Batch 1: (no shiny)
Batch 2: 2 shinies #127 5iv adamant charmander, #165 same.
6iv Ditto JAP x 4iv Beldum ENG
Batch 3: (no shiny)
Batch 4: (no shiny)
I switched to another parent, so now it is:
6iv Ditto JAP x 5iv Beldum ENG
Batch 5: (no shiny)
Batch 6: (no shiny) oh god.
Batch 7: (no shiny)
I gave up and switched the parent again but now with another pokemon:
6iv Ditto JAP x 5iv Venipede ENG
Batch 8: 1 shiny #710 5iv Jolly Venipede w/ Speed Boost.
6iv Ditto JAP x 5iv Honedge ENG
Batch 9: (no shiny)
6iv Ditto JAP x 5iv Torchic ENG
Batch 10: 1 shiny #923 5iv Adamant Torchic w/ Speed boost.

And I finished my project. But I will continue later with more 1k eggs.

Results:
Eggs Hatched: 1000
Shinies: 5

Last edited:
Hey guys, I got the Shiny Charm about a week ago, and hatched a shiny noibat with it. Didn't count eggs for that one, but hopefully on my next project I can contribute!

Quick question, though: are most people here using a 6IV Foreign Ditto, or other pokemon? I'm just curious to see what people's preferences are :)

Sorry, I'm relatively deaf and dumb recently when it comes to Pokemon rumors, but what is the "non-kalos" theory?

Sorry for the late update, but that first 100 produced no shiny. Will hatch another hundred soon. I think I will just hatch eggs until I get a shiny, then hatch a few more to round it to the next hundred mark and report with that.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm relatively deaf and dumb recently when it comes to Pokemon rumors, but what is the "non-kalos" theory?
I think what they mean is that breeding with pokemon that didn't come from Kalos (X and Y) affects the odds of hatching a shiny from it. Some were saying that it makes them rarer. I have been breeding with a non-kalos japanese ditto, and have gotten three shinies in about four-five hundred eggs, so I don't believe that it makes a difference if a pokemon came from an older game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)