Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^A burnt Guts Ursaring with Choice Band. Requires a bit of luck to get it via Metronome, but if you do, it's the strongest right-off-the-bat, no-setup-required, first-turn move in Pokémon.

Lickilicky as the STAB from Explosion increases its power, whereas Metagross' Explosion doesn't get stab. Calcs:

252+ Atk Normal Gem Lickilicky Explosion vs. 0 HP / 184+ Def Goomy: 616-726 (266.6 - 314.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO 2.666 to 3.142 on the Goomy scale

252+ Atk Normal Gem Metagross Explosion vs. 0 HP / 184+ Def Goomy: 564-664 (244.1 - 287.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO 2.441 to 2.874 on the Goomy scale

Therefore, Lickilicky has the strongest Explosion

Yes, Bank acts like a storage system on your SD card, so you can transfer Pokemon across any XY games on your 3DS.
I'mma pop in here and point out that Pokemon stored in the Pokebank are stored on the Pokebank servers, not on your local SD card. At least that's what I've been lead to believe.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What is he best/easiest way anyone has found to obtain extra master balls?
The Lottery and trading other people who didn't use it. I think that is pretty much the only way.

Lottery...
Lottery Corner found in Lumiose City on Estival Avenue.
Matching all five numbers, is a Master Ball.

Last edited:
Is there any primal reason people breed Crunch onto Totodile? It's a level-up move for crying out loud. I bred a move, while not necessarily competitive, that was not a level-up move (Metal Claw, to be precise - for pesky fairies).

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there any primal reason people breed Crunch onto Totodile? It's a level-up move for crying out loud. I bred a move, while not necessarily competitive, that was not a level-up move (Metal Claw, to be precise - for pesky fairies).
The only moves it really needs from breeding is Dragon Dance and Ice Punch. Crunch is usually on the move set as a good coverage and gains it from level up as you said so breeding it really isn't necessary. Metal Claw may be good for Fairies but the 50 Power is also not needed, Feraligatr gets better moves. Crunch is much better, just not needed when breeding!
Dragon Dance, Crunch, Ice Punch, Waterfall.

The only moves it really needs from breeding is Dragon Dance and Ice Punch. Crunch is usually on the move set as a good coverage and gains it from level up as you said so breeding it really isn't necessary. Metal Claw may be good for Fairies but the 50 Power is also not needed, Feraligatr gets better moves. Crunch is much better, just not needed when breeding!
That is only when you imply that Dragon Dance is going to be used. In an equally viable SD set it is highly recommended to add Aqua Jet to the set. Luckily, the number of viable egg moves is exactly 4: Aqua Jet, Crunch, Dragon Dance, Ice Punch.

Come to think of: If a replacement is desperately needed, Mud Sport can be added. Don't use it.

Some of my breeders have picked up level-up moves from periods spent being used as breeders where they learned them. If they've forgotten the egg move I needed them to be able to pass down, they get it retaught at the move tutor, but otherwise occasionally I'll have some odd stuff getting passed, especially if it's on a pokemon that only has a couple of egg moves I could conceivably be bothered to care about.

So that's probably why.

I knew Crunch is used for coverage, but others, like myself, usually breed moves as an alternative and/or for other tiers and/or as away to spruce up the bred 'mon.

I guess my answer would be that others do it for convenience.

With the addition of fairy types, are there any type-combinations left that would yield zero weaknesses?

Excluding abilities of course.

In addition, what type combos (aside from mono-electric, I supoose) would have just one weakness and a decent amount of resistances (excluding abilities once more)?

Darnell

Respected.
With the addition of fairy types, are there any type-combinations left that would yield zero weaknesses?

Excluding abilities of course.

In addition, what type combos (aside from mono-electric, I supoose) would have just one weakness and a decent amount of resistances (excluding abilities once more)?
With the addition for Fairy typing I believe no Pokemon have no weaknesses. If we were including abilities, this would Eelektross line due towards being an Electric type and having Levitate.
As for the monotype, Pokemon such as Drapion and Skuntank only have one weakness being only Ground, due to there Poison typing making them neutral to Fairy(Mono Dark) and many other Pokemon, too many to name really. Combinations such as Steel and Dragon(Dialga) or Ground and Water Pokemon (Gastrodon, Quagsire and Whiscash)

With the addition for Fairy typing I believe no Pokemon have no weaknesses. If we were including abilities, this would Eelektross line due towards being an Electric type and having Levitate.
As for the monotype, Pokemon such as Drapion and Skuntank only have one weakness being only Ground, due to there Poison typing making them neutral to Fairy(Mono Dark) and many other Pokemon, too many to name really. Combinations such as Steel and Dragon(Dialga) or Ground and Water Pokemon (Gastrodon, Quagsire and Whiscash)
I was thinking more along the lines of currently unreleased type combinations. Like a hypothetical pokemon. I'm sure there are lots of zero weakness combinations if you factor in abilities like levitate, water absorb, sap sipper, volt absorb, flash fire, etc. but I am thinking more just from a pure typing-based view. :)

I was thinking more along the lines of currently unreleased type combinations. Like a hypothetical pokemon. I'm sure there are lots of zero weakness combinations if you factor in abilities like levitate, water absorb, sap sipper, volt absorb, flash fire, etc. but I am thinking more just from a pure typing-based view. :)
For unreleased possibilities, there are none just typing. With typing+abilities, typing+move. typing+item, or some combination thereof, there is Electric+Levitate(exists)/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis/Air Balloon(exists), Water/Ground+Sap Sipper, Poison/Dark+Levitate/Air Balloon(exists)/Telekinesis/Magnet Rise, Bug/Steel+Flash Fire, Water/Fire with Volt Absorb and Air Balloon/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis, Water/Electric with Sap Sipper and Air Balloon/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis, Poison/Steel with Flash Fire and Air Balloon/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis, Fire/Ground+/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis/Air Balloon+Storm Drain/Water Absorb/Dry Skin, or Steel/Fairy with Flash Fire and Air Balloon/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis.

As far as making a new one, abilities can make a pokemon immune to Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, and Ground. Items can make a pokemon immune to Ground. Moves can make a pokemon immune to Ground. In gen 5, Flash Fire Steel/Ghost with Air Balloon has no weaknesses, but that is the case no longer.

In the future, Justified might give an immunity to Dark-type moves adding Dark to the first list, and Absorb Bulb/Luminous Moss/Cell Battery might give an immunity to their respective type, adding Water and Electric to the second list.

We are getting a lot of battles with 'casual-competitives' (sic). We need to ask if they are casual or competitive because we run two different teams depending on whether they are serious or not. I personally think that it is an oxymoron but we better get ourselves community input before accidentally streamrolling them or insulting them by not giving our best.

Does masuda method only work on kalos bred pokes, or do pokebank pokes work aswell with MM. What if you have pokebank ditto with kalos pokemon? Please respond

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does masuda method only work on kalos bred pokes, or do pokebank pokes work aswell with MM. What if you have pokebank ditto with kalos pokemon? Please respond
the 'foreign' pokemon just needs to have a tag on it's summary screen which denotes where it's from. if it has something like 'JPN' 'GER' 'KOR' 'FRE' or 'SPA' then it will work for the masuda method. transferred pokemon from foreign games will have the tag once transferred iirc...

the 'foreign' pokemon just needs to have a tag on it's summary screen which denotes where it's from. if it has something like 'JPN' 'GER' 'KOR' 'FRE' or 'SPA' then it will work for the masuda method. transferred pokemon from foreign games will have the tag once transferred iirc...
Ya they do, thanks!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
We are getting a lot of battles with 'casual-competitives' (sic). We need to ask if they are casual or competitive because we run two different teams depending on whether they are serious or not. I personally think that it is an oxymoron but we better get ourselves community input before accidentally streamrolling them or insulting them by not giving our best.
Just destroy everyone :| Then they can't complain about doing your best. I don't even understand what "Casual Competitive" is. If you're battling then its competitive. I assume that has some sort of underlying gentlemans agreement to not use ubers and things? I don't know.

Just destroy everyone :| Then they can't complain about doing your best. I don't even understand what "Casual Competitive" is. If you're battling then its competitive. I assume that has some sort of underlying gentlemans agreement to not use ubers and things? I don't know.
We dug in this topic a bit and a there are some sites who tried to define them as people who 'play to win but don't expect to win' - which does not make sense because this one is still playing to win, thus is competitive. Other people pointed us to TheFlamingSpade from whom we have found the interview with Verlisify .. don't know, Sash-Talonflame had even some of our casual friends cringe. Weird.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We dug in this topic a bit and a there are some sites who tried to define them as people who 'play to win but don't expect to win' - which does not make sense because this one is still playing to win, thus is competitive. Other people pointed us to TheFlamingSpade from whom we have found the interview with Verlisify .. don't know, Sash-Talonflame had even some of our casual friends cringe. Weird.
From what I understand, 'casually competitive' is using random natures, IVs, and EVs, as well as moves that wouldn't be considered optimal, or competitively viable. Not necessarily 'play to win, but don't expect to win', they may realize that their Pokemon aren't the best, but they want to use it anyway (because it's their favorite Pokemon or whatever), and they're having fun just battling other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)