2014 April Friendly

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I've just got a question about how this works... I've successfully signed up for the competition but I'm yet to register my battle box, when I register it now it says the competition hasn't started yet so I should check the dates on the Global Link or whatever. So will it let me register the battle box when the competition starts before I start my first battle?

I figured if I didn't have to lock my battle box away just yet I could still play on the regular battle spot for the time being

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I've just got a question about how this works... I've successfully signed up for the competition but I'm yet to register my battle box, when I register it now it says the competition hasn't started yet so I should check the dates on the Global Link or whatever. So will it let me register the battle box when the competition starts before I start my first battle?

I figured if I didn't have to lock my battle box away just yet I could still play on the regular battle spot for the time being
Yes, you lock in your team when the competition starts. You go in-game and select competition when it starts, then it will prompt you to lock your battle box. Keep in mind that even if your Battle Box is locked, you can still fight on the regular Battle Spot with a different team if you put them in your party.

Also if someone can please lend me a good Timid Mewtwo, preferably untrained....please drop me a line. I can hook you up with my 31/31/26/31/27/31 Timid Xerneas in exchange.
I've got an untrained Timid 31/28/31/31/31/28 Mewtwo if you'd like it. The speed kind of sucks, but it's great outside of that.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I'm done. I hastily locked my battle box before putting a life orb back on my mewtwo after training it to level 100 with a lucky egg to get psystrike...

Hope the guy who just used knock off on me got a laugh

Well I'm 4-0 winning so far and they're all forfeits from Canadians! WTF my countrymen, step up!

Umm how do you clear your battle videos? I'd like to be able to save some from this tournament but its full.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
10-1 right now. had my rotom-h / yveltal / kanga vs. chandelure / mawile / garchomp.
Mawile protects against my specs rotom, then switches to the appropriate absorbant and the pressure is non-stop from there.

Also I'm using a special Jolteon that I plagiarized from a Japanese player in an unrated battle on white 2 the other day with Thunderbolt / Wish / Yawn / Substitute, with enough speed to outrun jolly talonflame and some hp just in case they get any funny ideas about using brave bird. also it conveniently outspeeds max speed Greninja and nails it with Thunderbolt before it can change types. It's worked out pretty well so far. Disrupting all the Geo Xerneas running around is pretty fun. Sub while they Geo, Yawn, switch to Ferrothorn in case they decide to attack. Overall I'm having a good day so far but it's 3:30 am so time to pack up and start again tomorrow.

To anyone who hasn't locked their battle box, Mega Mawile is a HUGE threat. Prepare for him as much as you can, that's all I can say.

To anyone who hasn't locked their battle box, Mega Mawile is a HUGE threat. Prepare for him as much as you can, that's all I can say.
Couldn't agree more with this. Now I'm really regretting not putting my Talonflame on the team for this competition. :s And WTH is it with people just sporting all 3 of Mewtwo/Xerneas/Yveltal? It feels like playing 3v3 Ubers when you see all 3 of your opponent's pokes are those. -.-"

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Couldn't agree more with this. Now I'm really regretting not putting my Talonflame on the team for this competition. :s And WTH is it with people just sporting all 3 of Mewtwo/Xerneas/Yveltal? It feels like playing 3v3 Ubers when you see all 3 of your opponent's pokes are those. -.-"
People are embracing the fact that they're allowed to use all three in a battle that has a score, unlike unrated.

Xerneas isn't so scary without its precious hidden power, I am 13-0 so far and starting to get excited when I see it cause it means a certain grass type can come in and have a ball :). I think people are overestimating the ubers, most of them are going to have flawed stats and no hidden power.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Ha! I knew Mawile would be a threat. I haven't even started yet because I'm suffering from a massive case of can'tdecideonmylastteamslot-itis.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
My very last decision was this

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
IVs: 0 Spe
Sassy, 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpDef <--- those numbers look similar to the Lv 100 spread, just the six and 8 swapped
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Toxic
-Bulldoze (lol)

Unfortunately I didn't have time breed Leech Seed onto it and I just had this hanging around. It's a nice switch-in to GeoXern who usually won't be carrying Hidden Power since it's so hard to obtain. I have yet to use Toxic in a battle, it's mainly just filler, but I have used Bulldoze a few times. Gyro Ball comes close to a OHKO so it is possible to run some more Attack to finish the job. If I lead with my Specs Rotom-H and they try to be cute and Geo on me, I Volt Switch and then finish it off with a Gyro Ball. The REAL reason I'm running this thing though is to switch into mega Kang which takes 60%+ from its own Fake Out. I haven't had an opportunity to check Mawile, and it really can't do much do it (neither can do much to eachother since I lack Leech Seed). Still a good bulky Pokemon that takes a huge beatdown from stuff it resists.

Xerneas isn't so scary without its precious hidden power, I am 13-0 so far and starting to get excited when I see it cause it means a certain grass type can come in and have a ball :). I think people are overestimating the ubers, most of them are going to have flawed stats and no hidden power.
I don't run Xerneas with a Hidden Power, sounds like a waste when it has such good coverage options, what Hidden Power type would be good? Is that grass type also a poison type? Because if so then my Xerneas can take it down without a fuss using Psychic after Geomancy.

Your Recent GTS Find of the Xerneas, wow good stats! Mine is 31/31/18/31/31/31 it really sucks about the Def since steel moves are all physical but I tried to give it some extra EV's to make up for the horrible Def stat, not only that but my nature is hasty ugh... But despite all that I was 19/20 for today's battles.

I don't run Xerneas with a Hidden Power, sounds like a waste when it has such good coverage options, what Hidden Power type would be good? Is that grass type also a poison type? Because if so then my Xerneas can take it down without a fuss using Psychic after Geomancy.
I think he meant Ferrothorn.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
So i reached my limit for the day, 18-2 so far. Both losses were to Mawile. I really regret not having EQ on my Kangaskhan now. Rotom-H is fully offensive so if it is slightly weakened I can't fire off an Overheat without suffering to Sucker Punch. Rotom-H can't even take advantage of its resistance to Play Rough since Sucker Punch cleans up immediately. Also I find myself using Xerneas WAY more frequently than I did on the PS! ladder where I almost never used it and rather had it for the scare factor. Also HuXu7 Psyshock is a better choice for any one who's trying to get cute with special walls. I run that and Thunderbolt as my coverage moves.

Played my 20 for the day. 16 wins and 4 losses so far.

I forgot to tweak one of my guy's EV spread slightly but I don't think it'll make a huge difference.
Hopefully it won't.
...it probably will.
My bird is going to barely die to an unstabbed super effective hit isn't it? =[

Also I am kicking my ass for not pulling will-o-miss on my Talent Fame. F*@k Tailwind I needed more power control, not speed control.

^ They DO give wins for D/Cing; happened to me (ironically, I was losing when they D/C'd.) Sometimes it takes some time for results to update. Look again after the next battle.

Ended up 18-2, really glad that this tournament didn't extend to Japan or my record would be worse. One loss to Mega Kanga because I was unprepared and another loss due to underprediction. I suppose that most of the people posting here are around ~1700 rating right now?

I forgot my rating, but I was swept by a Vivillon due to my overconfidence. Then I got nervous & lost 2 -3 few more.

And one time I was losing, but the opponent D/C'd, so it counted as a win for me.

Ying

2014 April Friendly Winner
friendly.jpg
Won the last game too. That means 19 Wins 1 Lose so far.
Really liked Ditto. Swept so many Geomancy-boosted Xerneas today. :]

12-4 so far, with the team I had on hand (been busy, it's a no-mega OU legal team -_-) low 1600s ish, but super excited since this is my first competition.
I have got to work on my preview evaluation skills.
Decided to take brief notes http://pastebin.com/1LrnA9LN as a little record, hoping to record my poke choices/their full team if I get a bit faster in order to get better.

Kinda random, but also enjoying what outfits people dress up their characters in. So much more interesting than generic avatars. Though guy outfits are ever so boring almost all the time =/

I'm 16-11. Having no problem with Kangeskahn at all. Sableye screws him, one burn and without the ability to power up punch or return and he's done. While building this team I completely forgot about Talonflame and Rotom W who are causing me insane amounts of grief. None of the Ubers are giving me any trouble thanks to Mega Scizor and focus sash weavile

Running:
Weavile w Focus Sash
Ice Shard
Brick Break
Icicle Smash
Night Slash

Hydregion Choice Scarf
Flamethrower
Hypervoice
Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor

Scizor w Scizorite
Bullet Punch
X Scissor
Swords Dance
Night Slash

Sableye w Rocky Helmet
REcover
Taunt
Willow Wisp
Foul Play

Furfou w Leftovers
Cotton Guard
Headbutt
Thunderwave
Attract

Siglyph w Flame Orb
Stored Power
Psycho Shift
Roost
Cosmic Power

Interesting things that have happened:
*Butchering Mega Kangeskhan with Furfrou and Sableye
*Being swept by Vivvillion
*Mega Garchomp with Dig!
*Talonflame with incinerate
*A fair bit of usage going to Delphox

Most common pokes seen:
Garchomp, Kangeskhan, Talonflame, Xerneas, Mewtwo, Gengar, Greninja

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I'm too affected by morale, I got d/c'd for one game that I was winning with a Xerneas sweep (AT&T go to hell thanks) and I was playing like shit afterwards. Currently with a lackluster 14-6 record, going to try and make up for it in the coming days.

Stalltwo is so ridiculous against Mawile and Kanga rofl

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)