Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 38 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Tyranitar set are you running? I'm personally not a big fan of scarf Ttar. I like him either ultra bulky, or smashing through people with brute force from choice band.

Regarding Tenta, you could potentially drop the choice specs from latios and make it your defogger?
Agreed, I also don't like scarf t-tar. Run Careful or Adamant with him imo.
And Latios is an amazing defogger btw! If you have access to that of course since it was 4th gen :)

I just ran into a scarfed garchomp. I didn't even know that was a thing? It didn't do much I knocked it out in two turns can someone explain the thought process behind it? :/

What Tyranitar set are you running? I'm personally not a big fan of scarf Ttar. I like him either ultra bulky, or smashing through people with brute force from choice band.

Regarding Tenta, you could potentially drop the choice specs from latios and make it your defogger?
Great points. I was running T-Tar with stealth rock, superpower, crunch, and fire punch. Didn't even get to put rocks up due to his lead being a fairy. T-Tar was great overall with weather and switchins.

If I take specs off Latios, i'd rather just drop him, but he's rare and pretty good with draco meteor. Tentacruel got knockouted pretty quick. Charizard was obviously a God amongst peasants. Cofagrigus caught a predicted mach punch from his conkeldurr, but I got wrecked by his mega absol. He had hydreigon which was choice scarfed and but rather easy to deal with.

Bulletpoints

-Want to get rid of Cofagrigus for another phys wall/ ghost. Maybe Tentacruel but he's generally great

-Latios is good but he wasn't as sturdy as I thought he'd be. Still like him.. (Opinions on Latios?)

-Charizard is staying

-Scizor was good, but hard to put in without perfect switch-ins

-T-Tar is cool. Might want to keep cjoice scarf.

So basically I want to keep Charizard and Latios as special sweepers, T-Tar but don't know how to run him yet, Scizor but i'm thinking about switching him for ex-speed Dragonite because most fairies he goes against have a second type that messes up bulletpunch. Need some recommendations for a new phys wall and special wall, and a rapid spinner/ defogger if I do away with stealth rocks. Any insight into this massive text wall of a problem?

Agreed, I also don't like scarf t-tar. Run Careful or Adamant with him imo.
And Latios is an amazing defogger btw! If you have access to that of course since it was 4th gen :)
Defog on Latios? He's such a monster with Choice Specs Draco Meteor, it'd be sad to turn him into Mr. Clean. And what T-Tar set is worth running? I like the speed of C.Scarf, but really wanted him for Stealth Rock/ Typing.

Smogon OU singles does not have an item clause, he could be running leftovers on every Pokémon in his team an still be format legal.
....Well moving on.
Guy disconnected after I beat him. I'm glad I use a regular Gengar with Destiny Bond in my Battle Box for pinches like that. Well at least I know my gimmicky VGS team works well. :D

Does my Diggersby not being Level 50 when I start battling in the April Friendlies (which raise all pokes to Level 50 if they aren't already) matter? Like, will the IVs it has be affected?

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
LF: 5 IV Female Net Ball Moxie Pinsir

FT: (All 5 IV females)
Heal Ball Espurr, Heal Ball Goomy, Sport Ball Weedle, Dive Ball Marill and Love Ball Chansey. CMT for details on the pokes I'm offering, and know that I'd probably be persuaded to part with two of them for the Pinsir :)

Defog on Latios? He's such a monster with Choice Specs Draco Meteor, it'd be sad to turn him into Mr. Clean. And what T-Tar set is worth running? I like the speed of C.Scarf, but really wanted him for Stealth Rock/ Typing.
But why would you run choice scarf if you wanna use him for stealth rocks? You'd need to switch him out right afterwards.. I like Assault Vest T-Tar, but with stealth rocks, you can't run assault vest.. Hmm, Do you want him to deal out a lot of damage or do you want him to stay in the battle for longer?

But why would you run choice scarf if you wanna use him for stealth rocks? You'd need to switch him out right afterwards.. I like Assault Vest T-Tar, but with stealth rocks, you can't run assault vest.. Hmm, Do you want him to deal out a lot of damage or do you want him to stay in the battle for longer?
I see what you mean. The way I figured was that if T-Tar came out against a weak lead he'd set up rocks while they switched to their counter, at which point id switch. If not he'd attack immediately.

I'd rather use him to hit hard, but choice scarf outspeeds starmie which is impressive, and I already have choice band locked in for Scizor. Maybe even Dragonite if Scizor gets replaced. On a side note who do you think would play nicer with my Latios and Charizard; Choice Band Scizor or Ex-Speed Multiscale Dragonite?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can you guys take this battling discussion to VM or PM? It really doesn't belong in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)