Official Smogon University Usage Statistics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the Checks & Counters situation. Not to jinx it and see them gone (because they're insightful), but then why VGC, XYDoubles and DoublesSuspect have them?
They shouldn't. I have to manually tell the scripts not to generate lead stats for doubles metas, and I forgot for these. Those stats are pure garbage.

Last edited:
They shouldn't. I have to manually tell the scripts not to generate lead stats for doubles metas, and I forgot for these. Those stats are pure garbage.
What are those then spewing out? Leads coming only from the Player 1?
I don't know how the info is stored in the replays but shouldn't a viable solution be to read the first four pokémon being called onto the field with a different script? In the case of Leads, they are not of much significance as they are in Singles metas, but some stuff can be drawn from them in conjunction with usage stats, like "common early countering", "most common duos", "safe bets" and the like.

Wow, that's a lot of data. Can somebody produce a summary of, say, what the potential drops/tier changes are for OU/UU? And where did the Team Data go? And what's the difference between OU 0.0 and regular OU stats?

Hey antar can you at least get the number of total BH games played? I'm sort of tracking the growth of the meta game compared to OU and other small metagames like little cup

Asterat, 22,444, but keep in mind that that number includes early forfeits which would be otherwise excluded. This number is up from 15,863 in February.

Plain Hackmons had 59,794 battles in February and 79,566 battles in March.

Code:
find [folder] -type f | wc -l
Source

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
When's the next tier shift, and based off of the three months stats what would OU look like?
The next shift will be in June. The changes are unknown now, but very early estimates, from the March stats:
Hippowdon, Manectric, Gardevoir, Quagsire, Vaporeon, Scolipede, Smeargle (BP obviously is becoming popular)

Blissey, Goodra, Volcarona, Lucario

Last edited:
The next shift will be in June. The changes are unknown now, but very early estimates, from the March stats:
Hippowdon, Manectric, Gardevoir, Quagsire, Vaporeon, Scolipede, Smeargle (BP obviously is becoming popular)

Blissey, Goodra, Volcarona
You forgot Lucario falling to UU, which is an understandable oversight because of just how much it fell:

| 82 | Lucario | 1.55669% | 183403 | 3.246% | 137873 | 3.093% |

Also, it is worth noting that this month's stats will account for a rather small percentage of the ones that determine tiering. The April stats and especially the May stats are going to account for much more of the 3-month stats that determine the tier shift than the March ones will.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You forgot Lucario falling to UU, which is an understandable oversight because of just how much it fell:

| 82 | Lucario | 1.55669% | 183403 | 3.246% | 137873 | 3.093% |

Also, it is worth noting that this month's stats will account for a rather small percentage of the ones that determine tiering. The April stats and especially the May stats are going to account for much more of the 3-month stats that determine the tier shift than the March ones will.
Wow! I completely forgot about Luke. I feel like it may rebound, as it's still pretty good. But yeah, I'll add it to my list.

And your second point is also true. I was just assuming if the same trends will occur in April in May. I think some, such as baton pass, will definitely go up in usage, but no one really knows.

It's post #3 in this thread :)
But, for each month, I'm guessing Antar will make a new post.
He should have it in the top most post so they don't get buried under these posts. For March it's shortly after on the first page but when April comes out...

You know, there's a good chance that Antar will just update the third post with the new month stats instead of posting them randomly in this thread.

Also, stop being lazy, lol. The March folder is titled "2014-03/", and it's at the bottom of the list of stats by month. It's not that hard to find.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In 4th gen's 1760 stats, Dusknoir is #12 with 593 "raw" usage and at 12.9%, while the Pokemon below it (Shaymin) has 729 "raw" with a usage of 12.6%

Is it supposed to work that way? Or is it bugged?

I'm just wondering, what exactly is the cause behind errors like this:

Code:
+----------------------------------------+
| Heracross                              |
| Raw count: 243210                      |
| Avg. weight: 0.0093152977567          |
| Abilities                              |
| Moxie 52.320%                          |
| Guts 27.793%                          |
| Swarm 19.887%                          |
| Illuminate  0.000%                    |
The "Illuminate" line in particular.

It wouldn't really be very difficult to put in "if Illuminate < 0.001% then exclude the Illuminate line" code to stop that question from showing up every month, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)