Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Basically the most popular Blaziken moveset is an illegal combination that is not possible in game. Low Kick (egg move) + Knock Off (Gen 5 tutor) + Speed Boost (Hidden Ability).

In generation 5, the only Speed Boost Torchic was the 2010 Japanese Dream World event, which was male only. Also, males could not pass the hidden ability in that generation. In generation 6, this has changed, but egg move + gen 5 tutor + hidden ability isn't possible, unless I am mistaken somehow.

Presumably this could affect anything that had a male-only or otherwise non-breedable hidden ability last gen that is now breedable, but I haven't tested any others.
They are both gen5 move tutor moves for blazekin. This does mean that they all have to be male though...

I have a big visual glitch. Random pokemon turn shiny for me (eg delphox is always shiny.
Here is a battle replay (nothing shiny), and some of my screenshots:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-117551092
My gardevior also wasnt shiny, then mega evolved to a shiny.
Im using chrome if relavent.

Attachments

They are both gen5 move tutor moves for blazekin. This does mean that they all have to be male though...

I have a big visual glitch. Random pokemon turn shiny for me (eg delphox is always shiny.
Here is a battle replay (nothing shiny), and some of my screenshots:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-117551092
My gardevior also wasnt shiny, then mega evolved to a shiny.
Im using chrome if relavent.
Another Pokemon that has this problem is Rampardos. Instead of being it's normal self every Rampardos is shiny.

Hi, I ran into a bug with roost on showdown. I have a replay of it, it happens on turn 20. Basically what happens is I have a swampert out, he has hydreigon. He uses roost, I use earthquake /after/ he roosts, and it still says that the move doesn't affect hydreigon. I am pretty sure that roost makes pokemon with levitate vulnerable to ground type attacks for the turn they use it on.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-117578254

Hi, I ran into a bug with roost on showdown. I have a replay of it, it happens on turn 20. Basically what happens is I have a swampert out, he has hydreigon. He uses roost, I use earthquake /after/ he roosts, and it still says that the move doesn't affect hydreigon. I am pretty sure that roost makes pokemon with levitate vulnerable to ground type attacks for the turn they use it on.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-117578254
It does not. Roost removes Flying type, not abilities.

Sometimes when I log onto Showdown all my teams are gone and my points are reset. Then, I log on later and they're back. It's not too big of a nuisance but it is a bit weird.

I think there is something wrong with my computer with Showdown. When ever I try to watch a replay, ALL sprites come out and do what they do, and the message box keeps flashing on screen. Whenever I play, the attacks go by so fast I don't know what's happening. Anyone know??

Attachments

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think there is something wrong with my computer with Showdown. When ever I try to watch a replay, ALL sprites come out and do what they do, and the message box keeps flashing on screen. Whenever I play, the attacks go by so fast I don't know what's happening. Anyone know??
Try clearing your chache/cookies/etc (back up teams beforehand). If it's not fixed, try using Firefox or something (JUST NOT IE).

I just encountered a bug in randoms. Raikou only had three moves. The mods in chat said it's because two of the possible moves are hidden power, which would make sense, but it's strange that it's a known bug that hasn't been fixed. They directed me here. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/iogpCg1.jpg

I found what I think is just an oversight, but it's possible to use normal Keldeo with secret sword while it should be forced in its resolute form. Attempting to use Resolute Keldeo without secret form changes it to its normal form but using the normal form with secret sword doesn't change it to resolute form for some reason.

I just encountered a bug in randoms. Raikou only had three moves. The mods in chat said it's because two of the possible moves are hidden power, which would make sense, but it's strange that it's a known bug that hasn't been fixed. They directed me here. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/iogpCg1.jpg
This is a very well known bug. It seems to be happening with Jolteon and a few other Pokemon. I'm sure staff are hard at work trying to fix it.

While I was doing a random double battle, I came across an unusual anomaly. I'm not sure if this is a glitch with the Simulator or if it also occurs in the X and Y cartridge.

This is what happened. On turn 5 of the posted replay Pyroar used Hyper Voice on Hawlucha and Golduck. Hawlucha got hit first and its Red Card item triggered, forcing Pyroar out. Then the second hit of Hyper Voice KOed Golduck. This would normally have triggered Pyroar's Moxie ability, but Pyroar wasn't in the battle. However the ability still seemed to trigger and gave the boost to what was brought out, in this case Noivern.

Here is the replay so you can see the event.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-118247578

Hey, I ran into a visual glitch in Showdown. It's impossible to legibly reproduce it anywhere else than Hackmons, because it relies on having both the Illusion ability and Transform move.

Here's a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-117095244
EDIT: Take a look at turn 10 and 20

Anyway, what happens is this: I send in my Illusion Blissey. I transform before taking any damage. What happens next is I take damage while transformed. The illusion wears off and I look like Blissey, but I'm technically still the other Pokémon. I just look like Blissey.

For example, using Ghost attacks on the Blissey in the replay would be 2x damage, and Fighting 0x, because it's technically an Aegislash.
Fixed after next server restart (indeed a visual glitch).

Almost Any Ability Bug found with Mega Evolving:

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Illusion

Turn 9-12 is focus of the bug.

Mega Mawile de-digivolved.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-117184227
Fixed after next server restart (just a visual glitch).

Hey, I ran into a visual glitch in Showdown. It's impossible to legibly reproduce it anywhere else than Hackmons, because it relies on having both the Illusion ability and Transform move.

Here's a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-117095244
EDIT: Take a look at turn 10 and 20

Anyway, what happens is this: I send in my Illusion Blissey. I transform before taking any damage. What happens next is I take damage while transformed. The illusion wears off and I look like Blissey, but I'm technically still the other Pokémon. I just look like Blissey.

For example, using Ghost attacks on the Blissey in the replay would be 2x damage, and Fighting 0x, because it's technically an Aegislash.
Ditto failed to copy a mevo between turns 2 and 3, not sure is this is a bug or not.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-118563955
Fixed after next client update (just a visual glitch).

I found a glitch which has happened to me twice. When I send out my absol, before I add up on stats and baton pass it; nothing unusual happens.
HOWEVER: when I baton pass my absol, this will happen to me.

Attachments

I found a glitch which has happened to me twice. When I send out my absol, before I add up on stats and baton pass it; nothing unusual happens.
HOWEVER: when I baton pass my absol, this will happen to me.
This is a minor bug that sometimes happens, it wont effect the gameplay of the battle. (visual glitch)

There seems to be a glitch in where a ditto with the ability imposter which usually copies the ability of the opponent among other things cannot copy the form switching ability of aegislash being stuck in shield form.

To demonstrate since I forgot to save the video the first time I asked saucy raichu(Another player) to replicate the events of the battle.

Here is the link to the video which demonstrates the glitch thank you for your time.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-118746618

There seems to be a glitch in where a ditto with the ability imposter which usually copies the ability of the opponent among other things cannot copy the form switching ability of aegislash being stuck in shield form.

To demonstrate since I forgot to save the video the first time I asked saucy raichu(Another player) to replicate the events of the battle.

Here is the link to the video which demonstrates the glitch thank you for your time.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-118746618
Not a bug. Stance Change is hard-coded to never do anything if obtained by a Pokémon other than Aegislash. This is how it works in-game as well.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, so I think this qualifies as a bug, though I'm not actually sure. Either way, I brought it up on #showdown the other day and got no response, so I thought I'd post it here.

Basically, I believe there is an issue with egg move illegalities. Now, for the most part, such illegalities are a thing of the past, but that is not entirely true. The change this generation was that females can pass down egg moves as well as males, and as such, any illegalities caused by needing two different species as the male parent are now eliminated. But there are two other cases where egg moves can be illegal together, and nothing has changed regarding those this generation. As such they should be still illegal. However, as of now, such combinations are legal on PS. Now, of these two, one is purely theoretical, as no illegalities involving it exist. But the other is actually real and relevant.

The first (and actually important) one of these is the case of baby Pokemon. For many of these, it is possible to hatch both the baby, and its evolved form from eggs, depending on held items. Additionally, these evolved forms may have different egg move lists from the babies. In certain cases, there may be moves on each list that are not on the other. These moves should be illegal with one another. To give an example, Azurill has the moves Fake Tears and Sing as egg moves, but Marill does not. At the same time, Marill has Amnesia and Aqua Jet as egg moves, but Marill does not. Thus, if you were to breed Aqua Jet onto a female Marill and then breed it with a male Clefairy that knows sing, you would have one of two results. If Marill is holding Sea Incense, then an Azurill would be born. It would know Sing, but not Aqua Jet, since that is not an egg move of Azurill. Alternatively, if it was not holding the incense, a Marill would be born, and it would know Aqua Jet, but not Sing, since that is not an egg move for Marill. In any case, the two moves will always be illegal with each other.

To put it more simply, the change in egg move passing has indeed made all egg moves of a given Pokemon legal together (baring the odd case below), but not all egg moves of a given family. Moves exclusive to one member of a family's egg list are illegal with moves exclusive to another members egg list. However, that is not currently the case on PS.

Now, while I know this is unimportant (at least at the present moment), as long as I am talking about it, I might as well mention the other, theoretical case: Volbeat. Volbeat is all male, but can be hatched via eggs from an Illumise. However, Volbeat and Illumise have different egg move lists. As such, if there existed two moves on Volbeat's egg list, but not on Illumise's that could not be passed down from a single male parent, then it would be impossible for them to be legal together, as the female Illumise could not hold onto the move for passing. Now, as it currently stands, the only egg moves Volbeat has that Illumise does not can all be passed down at once from Spinda. However, should there ever be a future case where Volbeat gains an egg move that Illumise does not have and Spinda cannot pass, illegalities would come into existence (technically, this is also the case with Nidoran-M, but since that is in the field egg group, it has Smeargle to eliminate all illegalities).

Anyways, this came up since we were talking in #cap about the potential for move illegalities now that egg move stuff changed, since they can have important competitive implications. While I'm not sure there is anything important being allowed now that should be illegal, since the idea came up, I just figured I'd drop it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)