Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Volcanion is the last Event legendary in XY, it's most likely being revealed in "Pokémon Z". Hoopa will almost certainly be released between ORAS's and Z's release, so it's possible it might get some backstory revealed in Mossdeep or whatever.

(or maybe we finally travel to the Moon and battle Hoopa and--)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This will explain mega lati@s...
On a side note, I am really looking forward to these. I hope that they give the other two ADV starters megas (Sap Sipper Mega Swampert and Speed Boost Mega Sceptile anyone?)

ARG! THIS TRAILER HAS NO INFO TO SPECULATE ABOUT! (soz for caps XD)

Edit: imo, Earth Ruby and Ocean Sapphire would be more sensible names. But then again, Heart Gold and Soul Silver were silly names. Maybe this is just me...

People seem to rule out the idea of Mega Groudon, Mega Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza. I think that is just silly, and I think that the latter would look completely badass

Last edited:
Gen 3 had a ton of unique multiplayer aspects to it which will be AMAZING for wifi and street pass. I enjoyed stocking up on secret bases and doing 4 man pokeblock making in elementary school.

and also if they do bring back the battle frontier.... For the Love of all that is good please GET RID OF BATTLE PALACE, ARENA, AND PIKE. They were seriously the worse facilities ever.

- Give the Battle Dome PWT battles as a separate feature
- Bring Back Arcade and Castle
- Bring Back Gen 3 Factory

That is all I ask ;;

But I am super excited for this. Online Pokeblock Making, Contests, Street Pass/FC Secret bases, new themes, Regi Puzzles make a return, Mirage Island, can't wait.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone else remember Altering Cave? Its primary feature went unused but I have a hunch it will return in AR/OS as either a pseudo-Friend Safari or something like the Hidden Grottos. I think it's a really cool and creative idea to get the missing HA XY Pokemon into the game such as Adaptability Dragalge and Snow Warning Aurorus. Notably, it was only available after beating the E4 champion....the pieces fall into place imo. I would really watch what they do with it, because there's tons of ways to utilize that amount of space in a cool and creative way. Who knows, the regular Safari Zone and the "Friend Safari" via Altering Cave might be in the game.

This will explain mega lati@s...
On a side note, I am really looking forward to these. I hope that they give the other two ADV starters megas (Sap Sipper Mega Swampert and Speed Boost Mega Sceptile anyone?)

ARG! THIS TRAILER HAS NO INFO TO SPECULATE ABOUT! (soz for caps XD)

Edit: imo, Earth Ruby and Ocean Sapphire would be more sensible names. But then again, Heart Gold and Soul Silver were silly names. Maybe this is just me...

People seem to rule out the idea of Mega Groudon, Mega Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza. I think that is just silly, and I think that the latter would look completely badass
It's actually named Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire because if you look closely at the box art, groudon has the omega symbol on it and kyogre has the alpha symbol. And the omega symbol looks extremely similar to team magmas logo, and the alpha sign looks similar to team Aquas sign.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's actually named Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire because if you look closely at the box art, groudon has the omega symbol on it and kyogre has the alpha symbol. And the omega symbol looks extremely similar to team magmas logo, and the alpha sign looks similar to team Aquas sign.
meh. I still prefer the obvious names (hense why I like Fire Red and Leaf Green's names so much XD)

Gen 3 had a ton of unique multiplayer aspects to it which will be AMAZING for wifi and street pass. I enjoyed stocking up on secret bases and doing 4 man pokeblock making in elementary school.

and also if they do bring back the battle frontier.... For the Love of all that is good please GET RID OF BATTLE PALACE, ARENA, AND PIKE. They were seriously the worse facilities ever.

- Give the Battle Dome PWT battles as a separate feature
- Bring Back Arcade and Castle
- Bring Back Gen 3 Factory

That is all I ask ;;

But I am super excited for this. Online Pokeblock Making, Contests, Street Pass/FC Secret bases, new themes, Regi Puzzles make a return, Mirage Island, can't wait.
Fuck no, get rid of Palace and Pyramid. Pike is super fun. No Mirage Island, no PWT, and fuck no Arcade. But the castle is good.

You definitely didn't had to go throught some of the European names...

Ockham's razor: Kyogre started it, but Groudon's gonna end it. Ba dum tish!

Some features I'm definitely looking forward to are contests (see every other post), the Trick House puzzles, and the Cycling Road.

•Everyone else has already went over contest so....

•The Trick House was one of the coolest, most monotonous side-games in RSE. I'm expecting it to be much larger and still a fun and unnecessary part of the game. Definitely a TM or two will be here.

•The Cycling Road will be something I've needed since Gen. V neglected it. I mean, who didn't get a Mach Bike and try not to touch or battle any trainers going down the road to get the fastest time? Ugh, and eggs will be easier to hatch. *Catch your Flame Body Slugma*

*Another Point*
If Phoebe's Dusclops is holding an Eviolite and has Trick Room I'm D O N E.

Well, looks like we can't make the "Hoenn Remakes Are the next Duke Nukem Forever" joke anymore
TBH, I just want the goddamn Move Tutors! I WANT MY ABSOL TO HAVE PLAY ROUGH AND SUPERPOWER WHILE HAVING JUSTIFIED! Also new Megas would be nice too I guess and also let's have Deoxys in game?
Also, mega Jirachi. Make it happen
And maybe Mega Relicamth?
I mean, maybe Kyogre and Groudon have new exclusive moves? (Water Spout and Eruption weren't the best moves, Especailly on Groudon. Kyogre just abuses Water Spout though.)
In all seriousness, I just hope they cut down on ALL THE FUCKING WATER GODDAMMIT WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA? Sorry. My Johtoneas is showing through :/

Reactions: PME
Well, looks like we can't make the "Hoenn Remakes Are the next Duke Nukem Forever" joke anymore
TBH, I just want the goddamn Move Tutors! I WANT MY ABSOL TO HAVE PLAY ROUGH AND SUPERPOWER WHILE HAVING JUSTIFIED! Also new Megas would be nice too I guess and also let's have Deoxys in game?
Also, mega Jirachi. Make it happen
And maybe Mega Relicamth?
I mean, maybe Kyogre and Groudon have new exclusive moves? (Water Spout and Eruption weren't the best moves, Especailly on Groudon. Kyogre just abuses Water Spout though.)
In all seriousness, I just hope they cut down on ALL THE FUCKING WATER GODDAMMIT WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA? Sorry. My Johtoneas is showing through :/
Just wondering, why does GF need to do any of those things? Tutors I understand because they always come halfway through a generation, but what incentive does GF have to give Kyogre and Groudon new moves? Competitively, Water Spout's fine and EQ's all Groudon needs, so there'd have to be some in game reason to do it, and I personally doubt they'll change the story enough to warrant that. They do occasionally give some random stuff like that (Psystrike confuse anyone else?), but talking about that this early makes little sense.

Same goes for Mega Jirachi. None of the other Mew clones have gotten one, so it's chances are already pretty low, but Jirachi lacks the hype things like starters and the mascots. Not saying it's impossible, but there's no evidence to suggest it'll happen.

Just wondering, why does GF need to do any of those things? Tutors I understand because they always come halfway through a generation, but what incentive does GF have to give Kyogre and Groudon new moves? Competitively, Water Spout's fine and EQ's all Groudon needs, so there'd have to be some in game reason to do it, and I personally doubt they'll change the story enough to warrant that. They do occasionally give some random stuff like that (Psystrike confuse anyone else?), but talking about that this early makes little sense.

Same goes for Mega Jirachi. None of the other Mew clones have gotten one, so it's chances are already pretty low, but Jirachi lacks the hype things like starters and the mascots. Not saying it's impossible, but there's no evidence to suggest it'll happen.
Just my opinions and hopes. Hell I was hoping Amataratsu and Meloetta would make it into Smash 4. Yeah....
Plus I'm insane :3

I never liked the Battle Frontier. It was way too gimmicky for my tastes. It also bothered me that it wasn't at all like the Battle Frontier in the anime; that I would've loved. Instead I spent all my post game time working my way through the colosseums in Pokemon Colosseum. So whether the BF comes back or doesn't matter to me, though I do want something more than the Battle Maison or Subway. I wouldn't mind an "enter six, choose three" for singles or "enter six, choose four" for doubles type of system and I'd definately be down for a long overdue 6v6 system. I've just always hated the blind choosing style most post games have.

The World Tournament was really cool as well. Although, I'd prefer a Pokemon Stadium 2-esque system where instead of a bracket tournment it's a marathron through the 8 gym leaders + elite 4 + champion from all 6 regions, with 3v3, 6v6, and doubles modes. Or they could just make a Pokemon Stadium 3. That'd be a dream come true.

So all they showed was a cutscene with groudon, and another one was kyogre. They mentioned mega evolutions win there, and the cutscenes had them glowing. All we had confirmed was cutscenes with the legends, but mega evolutions seem highly probable

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd say it also confirms Groudon is back to shitty Seafloor Cave just like in old Ruby days, as those cutscenes looked like to be from the moment they are awakened by Magma/Aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)