A Tried and Tested NU (Beta) Team (Who said Archeops was Bad?)

Hello! This my first ever time making a RMT. Nu(Beta) has just realeased, and i have been testing a team which seems to work well. I am putting this team on here for some slight suggestions and For other people to use this. Without further ado, Here is the structure of this team!
567.png

Archeops @ Choice Band
Ability: Defeatist
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

This is my pride and joy. Standing at a excellent 567 Bst, boasting that all powerful 140 attack, it tears through things. This is my main sweeper and it 1 shots lots of things in the tier w/ stone edge and it can do that in Defeatist mode as well! the Jolly nature is there to make sure that you can hit first and you don't really need a Adamant nature lol xD Stone edge is your main stab since Archeops doesn't get really any realiable Flying type stab. U turn is to play the fast pivot when you are in a bad matchup. Knock off is there because it is good coverage in general and does a lot. Earthquake is to counter those nasty Steel types who wall archeops.

(Something wierd happened w/ the picture, srry)

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Ice Beam

Ahh! My Special wall. Cyro has a amazing base 130 sp def and this set really makes use of that. Cyro only takes 24% from a LO mismagius shadow ball. Is that not good? Toxic is there to cripple set uppers or hazarders who cant touch cyro (Shuckle,etc) Cyro really synergies well w/ archeops because he carries the rapid spin. Reflect helps cyro take physical hits better w/ its pityful base 30 def. Ice beam is there just for stab. This teammember could be swapped out.

99.png

Kingler @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Here is my Second Choice user, Kingler! This set uses alot of power coming from the sheer force crabhammer and the rock slide. Crabhammer is your main stab, what your are going to be using 60%of the time. Superpower is mainly to hit Miltank and Zangoose (Common threats in this tier) Knock is there for things you can't touch anyway other than Knock off, Rockslide is for those pesky Vivillons and Ledians. (This thing hits viv really well) This cripples Somethings in the tier

479.png

Rotom @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Here we are, Rotom! This is a great specs user who can be a execellent pivot for your team. This thing also desolates things that need to switch moves (Set uppers, hazard setters) to do work. Rotom still hits hard without specs and causes a mean dent in the opps team. This works well w/ Archeops and Peliper. Fast Ghosts in the tier do rek it, but thats the price you have to pay. I might switch Tbolt out for a hidden power, but i don't think its worth it.

279.png

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Stockpile
- Surf
- U-turn

This is my Defensive powerhouse who functions much like Cyro. Toxic is there for wearing down the opp, Surf is to do some damage while doing so, and u-turn is to get the heck outta there! Here we come to the star move. STOCKPILE! This allows peliper to stay in on a wall, set up to the point where he's unkillable (except to a tbolt ;-;) and stall out. This set works great for me. Surf does a butt ton to soemthing that does't resist it.

38.png

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball

This is a defensive submind Ninetails. This covers Cyro Because of flash fire and it has the power to do large amounts of damage in a short space of time (1, 2 CM) sub on a switch, Cm and destroy. This combo of fire and grass hits Every single type (not counting dual types and fire :P super effective or neutral . Overall, its a great set. recomend you try it.

So, that concludes my RMT! Enjoy using this team if you want to, and be sure to suggest anything that could help! Thanks! -Kyrase

Attachments

Last edited:
This team seems pretty good, but I do have a problem with Pelipper. While it can set up Stockpile on walls, it has no way to recover HP if it gets hit hard, so I'd recommend Roost over something like U-Turn. Also, I recommend using Scald over Surf on Pelipper, as getting burns is really useful on dangerous physical sweepers, like Feraligatr and Doublade.

This team is extremely rock weak. It legitimately is not even funny, the fact is that things such as Shell Smash Barbaracle or Carracosta 6-0 you, period. You have nothing to switch into opposing Archeops either. Your overreliance on a spin from Cryogonal also is dissipointing, as if it goes down your entire team is severely crippled. Electric types also do a massive number to your team, especially speedy ones which you are unable to outspeed and kill, such as Scarf Rotom or Eviolite Electabuzz. Overall this team might look ok on paper, but crippling flaws make it so that the team is unable to function at all. Cool SubCM Ninetails btw, appears to be a very good stallbreaker on paper.

As I said, your team is both Rock and Electric weak. For this reason I reccomend running Special Attacking Virizion over Pelipper. Firstly, stockpile on Pelipper is terrible, as it is still extremely status weak, and will not at all nullify its crippling 4x weakness. Special Attacking Virizion not only gives you a bulky pivot to switch into both of the types I've stated you have major issues with, and acts as a great glue for any bulky offensive team.

Next, I would run Dragon Dance Feraligatr over Kingler. Not only is Feraligater bulkier than Kingler, but it also has access to better coverage moves, and gives a bulky offensive team like yours an actual win condition, which is extremely important as I currently find your team has problems late game, as you find difficulty trying to clean an opponent. This not only makes your team better as a whole, but Feraligatr also is more threatning offensively with a DD Under its belt, and is superior to Kingler at breaking through tough walls it can setup on.

Minor Changes:
Archeops: Archeops should always be Mixed Attacking with Roost, which actually is a better wallbreaker than choice band. This is because it has amazing mixed offenses, and can take care of any walls on either spectrum. The following move set and EVs are used: Life Orb | Stone Edge, Earth Power, Stealth Rock, Roost | 252 Atk, 4 SAtk, 252 Spd. Basically, Earth Power and Stone Edge are all Archeops needs to break through all relavant defensive cores, and Stealth rocks are mandatory to pressure sweepers such as Typhlosion or offensive Xatu from constantly switching in.
Cryogonal: Recover > Reflect, as it will allow you to support your team by spinning more than once in a match. 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD is the correct EV Spread, as it minimizes hazard and residual damage while maximizing mixed bulk to tank hits from both sides of the spectrum.
Rotom: Choice Scarf > Choice Specs, as it will be able to better cripple walls by not giving them attack boosts, and is also a FAR more reliable revenge killer than Kingler, hitting 91 Speed to guarantee it will outspeed shit like Barbarcle.
Ninetales: Cool set btw! I would try 196 SAtk / 64 Spd / 248 HP Modest, since it lets you substitute down on Max Speed Positive Natured base 65 pokemon.

Hope this helped.

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Rock]
- Substitute / Calm Mind / Taunt

Feraligatr @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake / Crunch
- Dragon Dance

This team is extremely rock weak. It legitimately is not even funny, the fact is that things such as Shell Smash Barbaracle or Carracosta 6-0 you, period. You have nothing to switch into opposing Archeops either. Your overreliance on a spin from Cryogonal also is dissipointing, as if it goes down your entire team is severely crippled. Electric types also do a massive number to your team, especially speedy ones which you are unable to outspeed and kill, such as Scarf Rotom or Eviolite Electabuzz. Overall this team might look ok on paper, but crippling flaws make it so that the team is unable to function at all. Cool SubCM Ninetails btw, appears to be a very good stallbreaker on paper.

As I said, your team is both Rock and Electric weak. For this reason I reccomend running Special Attacking Virizion over Pelipper. Firstly, stockpile on Pelipper is terrible, as it is still extremely status weak, and will not at all nullify its crippling 4x weakness. Special Attacking Virizion not only gives you a bulky pivot to switch into both of the types I've stated you have major issues with, and acts as a great glue for any bulky offensive team.

Next, I would run Dragon Dance Feraligatr over Kingler. Not only is Feraligater bulkier than Kingler, but it also has access to better coverage moves, and gives a bulky offensive team like yours an actual win condition, which is extremely important as I currently find your team has problems late game, as you find difficulty trying to clean an opponent. This not only makes your team better as a whole, but Feraligatr also is more threatning offensively with a DD Under its belt, and is superior to Kingler at breaking through tough walls it can setup on.

Minor Changes:
Archeops: Archeops should always be Mixed Attacking with Roost, which actually is a better wallbreaker than choice band. This is because it has amazing mixed offenses, and can take care of any walls on either spectrum. The following move set and EVs are used: Life Orb | Stone Edge, Earth Power, Stealth Rock, Roost | 252 Atk, 4 SAtk, 252 Spd. Basically, Earth Power and Stone Edge are all Archeops needs to break through all relavant defensive cores, and Stealth rocks are mandatory to pressure sweepers such as Typhlosion or offensive Xatu from constantly switching in.
Cryogonal: Recover > Reflect, as it will allow you to support your team by spinning more than once in a match. 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD is the correct EV Spread, as it minimizes hazard and residual damage while maximizing mixed bulk to tank hits from both sides of the spectrum.
Rotom: Choice Scarf > Choice Specs, as it will be able to better cripple walls by not giving them attack boosts, and is also a FAR more reliable revenge killer than Kingler, hitting 91 Speed to guarantee it will outspeed shit like Barbarcle.
Ninetales: Cool set btw! I would try 196 SAtk / 64 Spd / 248 HP Modest, since it lets you substitute down on Max Speed Positive Natured base 65 pokemon.

Hope this helped.

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Rock]
- Substitute / Calm Mind / Taunt

Feraligatr @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake / Crunch
- Dragon Dance
Spot-on as always, but I would like to add that:

1. Sceptile, with the same set is also very good. It has better speed and special attack, the trade off being that it is quite frail. I have found myself having an easier time using/bringing it in and, but I do realise that virizion also has great potential in cm/taunt.
2. You need roost on pelliper, if you want it to do what it has to do. Scald is also better over surf, so I think u-turn is the least necessary.

Now, I think you should keep rotom with the specs, but, since having a scarfer is vital in this meta, I think you should change ninetales (even though I really like the idea of to scarf Typhlosion. Scarf phlosion is not very good, it also is a strong revengekiller, which is something rotom can often fail to do reliably. I say typhlosion bc I do think your team really appreciates the power it brings, as well as the added speed (being able to outspeed +1 venomoth/vivillon). Scarfmortar brings much better coverage, so you could try that too.

Hope this helped!

Hello! thank you for your suggestions! I have decided To make some changes

Cyro now carries Recover.
Peliper carries roost and scald.
Kingler has been replaced w/ DD feralagator

Rotom is scarf

Things that didn't change:
I decided to keep ninetails because the reception was pretty good.
Mixed archeops was cool, but i just like using CB. I tried mixed, just didn't like it.

The only way i could stick virizon on my team is making feralgator fully defensive. Yes i could change for a defensive poke, but i've got synergy as of right now. Thanks guys <3 -Kyrase

After a bit of testing, the scarf just does not clean up as well as the specs. I might switch it back, but time will tell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)