Other OU Team Building Competition V2 - Round 2 (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OU Team Building Competition
Permissions were given by Subject 18 and Gary2346

Hey everyone. This is a revamp of the XY OU version that I will be running and updating weekly. Let me explain how it works briefly and then we can get started. It was run last generation by Remedy and George Eliot, then this gen by Subject 18 and Gary2346 before it died down, and it was received really well. I will be changing some things so it doesn't die this time and will be implementing new rules to make sure the same problems do not arise.

Team building is a really important part of the game. It rewards creativity and intelligence, unlike actual battling which rewards luck and mindless offense; which is why I felt like the Overused forum could use a new team building game. Past CCAT threads are cool but they fall down in trying to get us to cooperate, basically. Therefore, I'm throwing cooperation out the window. Here's how it works.

Every round, I will be picking a core of two Pokémon. Then you clever team builders go away and then come back with a completed team. Once entries are closed, the community will vote on which user's team was the most innovative and well put together, the winner gets the honor of having their name and entry immortalized in this original post, and then we move on to the next round. Hopefully we can also get some good discussion going during the process about the teams submitted and the core itself.

Rules

- Entry Submission: Okay, a team importable in HIDE tags coupled with a description of your team building process is the minimum here. Pictures are really helpful. NEW RULE - everyone must PM me the team they are wishing to submit and I must approve it before it can be posted, note that teams posted without an approval will be removed immediately. If I reject your team for whatever reason you must wait until next round to try again.

- Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified.

- Discussion and Team Changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.

- No Bandwagoning : Simple rule: try to not support someone simply because you recognized his nick or because he/she has a shiny trophy.

- Users who won a round will have their vote's value doubled.

Time for an example. Say the two Pokémon chosen are Genesect and Charizard Y. An entry should look like:

Genesect @ Choice Band
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

/sample explanation - So when I built this team I wanted to build around Charizard Y since its a really great Pokemon in this meta game. From there I added Genesect for the momentum it brings to allow charizard to come in safely. With a Choice band Genesect can also served as a revenge killer and a late game cleaner with Extreme Speed against weakened team. Latias was added be a bulky defogger to keep rocks of the field for Charizrd and a Keldeo check. At this point I had a weakness to Aegislash and strong physical attacker so adding Hippowdon was a good fit to handle those threats. Rotom-W was added to cover Talonflame, Mega Pinsir and Azumarill. Lastly Aegislash was added since I needed a good steel type that would be able to check Latias and Latios.

Hall of Fame:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Trick
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 68 SAtk / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SAtk / 204 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This team is built around a Mega-Gyarados sweep after it sets up a Dragon Dance. I used the bulkier spread from Masterclass' team in the OU RMT Archives, as uninvested Mega Gyarados can be OHKOed by Banded Talonflame after Stealth Rocks with a high damage roll. Kyurem-B is the other main win condition of the team. I used the physically based mixed spread to help break down physical walls for Mega-Gyarados. The first three moves are standard, and I chose HP Fighting in the final slot to OHKO Bisharp, who otherwise greatly threatens this team. These pokemon are both supported by Gothitelle, who runs HP fire to remove Steel types, particularly Ferrothorn, and enough speed to outspeed Azumarill and Rotom-W. Ferrothorn is the Stealth Rock setter, and is running Rocky Helmet over Leftovers, as it lacks Protect. Zapdos was chosen as the defogger, as it resists Flying, and has access to U-Turn. I used a Choice Scarf on Landorus over a Life Orb, as it outspeeds and checks +1 Mega-Charizard X, and as this team lacks priority, the speed + movepool also allows it to check threats like Greninja and opposing Landorus forms.

Last edited:
Hope I am not too late!

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Head Smash

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Teambuilding:
I actually made this team with Mega Gyarados + Gothitelle before this thread, so I'll submit it now! :) I first began with Swords Dance Aegislash, my favorite Aegislash set. It is a terrific hole-puncher or late game cleaner. This works well with Mega Gyarados, as they soften the opposition for each other to the point where the opponent can't withstand more. Ferrothorn gives them troubles, so Gothitelle was added, along with its phenomenal synergy with Mega Gyarados! Then, I realized I needed Stealth Rock. Excadrill fit well because it rocks and it also brings Rapid Spin support for my team, which is crucial. Thundurus was originally Defiant, but then I changed it to Prankster because fuck rain teams. Finally, Garchomp was added as my revenge killer / cleaner and it has been phenomenal in its role! Overall, the team's synergy has been working well and it's been great as a team as a whole.

Synergy:

Gyarados, Thundurus
Mega Gyarados
Gyarados, Garchomp
Mega Gyarados

Aegislash, Excadrill, Gyarados, Thundurus
Mega Gyarados
Mega Gyarados

Aegislash, Gothitelle, Thundurus
Aegislash, Excadrill, Thundurus
Aegislash, Thundurus
Excadrill, Garchomp
Aegislash, Excadrill

Aegislash, Gothitelle, Thundurus
Gyarados, Thundurus, Air Balloon
Gyarados, Garchomp
Gyarados

Aegislash, Excadrill, Garchomp
Aegislash, Mega Gyarados

Aegislash, Mega Gyarados
Aegislash
Aegislash, Excadrill

Synergy In-Depth:
As you can see, my team covers each other's weaknesses nearly flawlessly, with a few flaws here and there. They work fairly well together and I haven't found one type that gives me the most problems, but if it would be any, I'd probably choose Ghost-types, because I lack a solid switch in (pre-Mega Evolving Gyarados), but everything can be managed around!

Closing:
Overall, this team has been very effective, and it has been working fairly well on the ladder. I've been testing this team and working out kinks and such. Hope you enjoy the work I put into this and my team, feel free to play with it and test it (just don't take credit for it!) Thanks!

Ok so apparently everyone who was liking my post on the other team building thread asking me to reopen this was for nothing. I am going to ask for this thread to be closed and not restarted unless people start sending me teams asap. Don't ask for a thread to be revamped if you guys don't even discuss the teams that have been submitted or send in their own teams.

At least leave it open until the end of the round. If you don't get any more submissions, then sure close it. I've tested a few different teams to submit and probably still will enter, and I think there's probably quite a few others like me who just haven't entered yet thanks to the lack of a deadline.

I will also say that I wouldn't have picked that core, since it really does limit the options available as teambuilders; which might explain the lack of nominations so far.

This is a pretty cool team, but it has a bunch of moderately annoying issues. The first would be the SR weakness; you're starting out with 3 SR weak mons, which will cripple you against threats like Gengar. Apart from that, there's a few offensive threats which will be problematic (NP Thund, Char-Y, SD Talon, SD M-Scizor (since you don't carry Heat Wave on Zapdos), M-Tyranitar, Terrakion, and the aforementioned Gengar). Defensive threats are basically limited to physically defensive mons which can't be easily taken out by Gothitelle, such as Tangrowth, Zapdos, Clefable and Mandibuzz.

Fixes...Zapdos should be running Volt Switch / Heat Wave / Defog / Roost, so you don't get swept by bulky SD Scizor, and it helps it Defog more effectively against Bisharp too. In terms of bigger changes...Lando's spot is the most up for grabs. A simple fix to your offensive threats would be something like Quagsire > Lando and Latias / Chansey > Kyu-B, but you lose a lot of offensive presence in the process (and both Latias and Chansey should be avoided where possible).

Probably the best change I can think of, without altering the team too much, would be Scarf Chomp > Scarf Lando. You check literally all your threats much more effectively, and you apply more physical pressure, which should be the point of the team. The only thing I'd be worried about after this change is Unaware Clefable, so it may be worth either trying to lure it with Kyu-B, or replace Kyu-B for something that handles it easily (since Kyu is the least necessary member at this point).

Deadline is the same as the mini tournament, this upcoming Wednesday. If there is still a lack of teams, thread will be closed :[

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SAVING NOG'S THREAD *____*

Ok so the first thing I thought when I saw this core was "this absolutely wrecks with SR Exca." So guess what I did? I built a team around this core and Sand Rush Excadrill. I think it cam out pretty well, Goth traps all sorts of Pokemon that give Gyarados trouble, and those same Pokemon can be problematic for Excadrill. Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, etc., all fall under this category. With them out of the way, it's pretty much guaranteed that one of these two Pokemon will sweep. EXCEPT WHEN YOU DON'T REALIZE GLISCOR OUTSPEEDS MEGA GYARA HUH Subject 18 Not to mention that Mega Gyara + Goth breaks stall, while Excadrill is perfect for taking on offense. The rest of the team just reflects standard sand offense. Tyranitar is a great Rocks Pokemon and check to things like Mega Pinsir and Charizard X if I need it. Oh ya and I guess it gives sand support too. Latios because Keldeo gives the team trouble once Gyarados has Mega Evolved. It also provides a sort of check to Azumarill, who otherwise is a big issue for the team. Next, I noticed Bisharp was going to be a bit of an issue, so I went for Sash Breloom since it can help deal with 1. Bisharp 2. opposing SR Exca and 3. Quagsire. It also makes a fantastic lead against just about every team besides DeoSharp. Oh and Gothitelle can trap Mega Venusaur/Amoongus for it :]

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

I'll comment on the other teams later today.

This is a pretty cool team, but it has a bunch of moderately annoying issues. The first would be the SR weakness; you're starting out with 3 SR weak mons, which will cripple you against threats like Gengar. Apart from that, there's a few offensive threats which will be problematic (NP Thund, Char-Y, SD Talon, SD M-Scizor (since you don't carry Heat Wave on Zapdos), M-Tyranitar, Terrakion, and the aforementioned Gengar). Defensive threats are basically limited to physically defensive mons which can't be easily taken out by Gothitelle, such as Tangrowth, Zapdos, Clefable and Mandibuzz.

Fixes...Zapdos should be running Volt Switch / Heat Wave / Defog / Roost, so you don't get swept by bulky SD Scizor, and it helps it Defog more effectively against Bisharp too. In terms of bigger changes...Lando's spot is the most up for grabs. A simple fix to your offensive threats would be something like Quagsire > Lando and Latias / Chansey > Kyu-B, but you lose a lot of offensive presence in the process (and both Latias and Chansey should be avoided where possible).

Probably the best change I can think of, without altering the team too much, would be Scarf Chomp > Scarf Lando. You check literally all your threats much more effectively, and you apply more physical pressure, which should be the point of the team. The only thing I'd be worried about after this change is Unaware Clefable, so it may be worth either trying to lure it with Kyu-B, or replace Kyu-B for something that handles it easily (since Kyu is the least necessary member at this point).
Thanks very much for the feedback. I haven't had much of a chance to test the team further after posting, as I've had computer problems, but from the battles I've had I'd definitely agree with the Heat Wave suggestion, as once I've revealed U-Turn, my opponents know what other 3 moves Zapdos will have, which gives them a free switchin. If I go for Volt Switch over Thunderbolt, I might need to add some more SpA to Zapdos if I've using it as my Mega Pinsir check to guarantee the OHKO. Scarfed Garchomp also seems like a better fit than Scarfed Landorus, so I'll definitely make that change too. I'll need to think about Quagsire/Latias/Chansey, as including any of those will shift the nature of the team a fair bit.

For Clefable, I could change HP Fighting to Iron Head on Kyurem-B, although I'll need to do some more testing to determine which fits best. Both are fairly situational moves, and in a pinch, Gyarados and Gothitelle with trick have a passable matchup against it. I'll leave the team as it is right now for the purposes of the competition, but I'll implement these changes afterwards. Thanks again!
I like the synergy of this team - I guess if I could make one suggestion, Excadrill is kind of performing a double duty with hazard setting and removal, so would it be possible to give Stealth Rocks to Garchomp over Fire Blast (the team seems to have a decent matchup against Scizor/Skarmory/Ferrothorn already) and add Rock Slide to Excadrill?

This looks like a really strong team - I haven't tried combining Breloom with sand before, but would there be any benefit in running a Life Orb over Focus Sash, as the sash won't have too much use if Breloom is unable to lead?

Okay I might as well post this:

Okay so, I wanted to try DD + RestTalk M-Gyara, because it has a bunch of defensive utility in its regular form, and is a ridiculously threatening lategame sweeper because half the time literally nothing can kill it. That set fits naturally with a defensive mindset, which suited me just fine. To that, I added SubSeed Breloom, for a couple of main reasons. #1, it has amazing type synergy with Gyarados. #2, its best counters are M-Venu / Amoonguss / Skarm etc; using Sub, I can easily force the opponent to let those mons be trapped by Gothitelle, clearing the way for a Gyarados sweep.

The last three mons were basically the best way to cover the necessities. Skarmory and Unaware Clefable were obvious, providing hazard control and Cleric support as well as covering 90% of the team's threats. I eventually settled on Rotom-H for the last mon, providing invaluable Fire STAB and a good check to threats like Char-Y, Talonflame, M-Mawile, Thundurus and so on.

The team performs well on ladder from the brief-ish testing I've done. It went 6-1 on an 1800-ish (PS of course) alt, and then 22-1 on a fresh alt. There are a few threats which aren't covered as well as I'd like, but then the team does have a solid offensive strategy and win condition to make up for it. Overall I'm really happy with the build and will probably revisit it in future, probably with SpDef Char-X > Rotom-H and regular Gyarados.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SDef
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Dance

Last edited:
Haha I just posted accidentally halfway through writing, fixed now. I did forget to ask for approval though, blame it on trying to post at 4am -.- Sorry bout that. I'm assuming you're okay to leave the submission up, but if you need me to take it down to be consistent with the rules then that's fine.

Haha I just posted accidentally halfway through writing, fixed now. I did forget to ask for approval though, blame it on trying to post at 4am -.- Sorry bout that. I'm assuming you're okay to leave the submission up, but if you need me to take it down to be consistent with the rules then that's fine.
nah it's fine seeing as it's a good team, but in the future make sure to PM me first n_n

Gyarados-Mega (M) @ Gyaradosite
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 228 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
- Rest

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SAtk / 216 SDef / 20 Spd
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Roar

Aegislash (M) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 80 HP / 188 Atk / 220 SAtk / 20 Spd
Rash Nature
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Goth traps whatever Mega Gyara can't beat or doesn't want to lose a lot of health trying to beat, and also limits the amount of entry hazards Deoxys-D leads can set up so that my team functions much better even if Zapdos can't get the defog off. Clefable+Heatran is really there because most Mega Gyarados+Goth teams are pitifully weak to Sub Kyurem-B and Mandibuzz which Clefable deals best with, and Heatran sets up SR. Aegislash is a lure for Bisharp to come in and KO it so Mega Gyara can switch in for free and DD until its happy. What I really like about Taunt Mega Gyara is that phazers and status users can't stop it, while Mega Gyara can still also beat bp by bypassing Espeon's Magic Bounce and Taunting it, preventing it from bping away the boosts, which can be really helpful. If Bisharp decides to go for the SD on Aegislash, Sacred Sword kills anyway. Aegislash also works as a spin-blocker of the team, but its main role is to help Mega Gyara grab as many boosts as possible, while also being a ideal partner for Zapdos, and both of them put a stop to the majority of the OU threats, together with Heatran+Clefable. Mega Gyara is usually the win-con of the team, if it can't kill then the defensive backbone of the team has to stall out the opponent's team, and especially Zapdos can start pressure pp stalling all of them, and Clefable can still pass its wishes to sustain all of the members. Aromatherapy support to rid off annoying burns/paras/shitty freezes is really neat too.

Importable:
Gyarados-Mega (M) @ Gyaradosite
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 228 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
- Rest

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SAtk / 216 SDef / 20 Spd
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Roar

Aegislash (M) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 80 HP / 188 Atk / 220 SAtk / 20 Spd
Rash Nature
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

SAVING NOG'S THREAD *____*

Ok so the first thing I thought when I saw this core was "this absolutely wrecks with SR Exca." So guess what I did? I built a team around this core and Sand Rush Excadrill. I think it cam out pretty well, Goth traps all sorts of Pokemon that give Gyarados trouble, and those same Pokemon can be problematic for Excadrill. Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, etc., all fall under this category. With them out of the way, it's pretty much guaranteed that one of these two Pokemon will sweep. EXCEPT WHEN YOU DON'T REALIZE GLISCOR OUTSPEEDS MEGA GYARA HUH Subject 18 Not to mention that Mega Gyara + Goth breaks stall, while Excadrill is perfect for taking on offense. The rest of the team just reflects standard sand offense. Tyranitar is a great Rocks Pokemon and check to things like Mega Pinsir and Charizard X if I need it. Oh ya and I guess it gives sand support too. Latios because Keldeo gives the team trouble once Gyarados has Mega Evolved. It also provides a sort of check to Azumarill, who otherwise is a big issue for the team. Next, I noticed Bisharp was going to be a bit of an issue, so I went for Sash Breloom since it can help deal with 1. Bisharp 2. opposing SR Exca and 3. Quagsire. It also makes a fantastic lead against just about every team besides DeoSharp. Oh and Gothitelle can trap Mega Venusaur/Amoongus for it :]

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

I'll comment on the other teams later today.
Hi, your team is really good!
It has lots of things very well covered. For the set that you´re using in latios, perhaps 32 HP / 224 SAtk / 252 Spd LO Latias can help you more to switch safer into keldeo when you are battling in hard conditions. Keld makes 3hko after stealth rock and Lati has Life Orb number in HP, 224 SAtk EVs still OHKO Keldeo.
Good luck, hope this helped!

Gyarados has a Bulky DD set that makes it able to tank some hits while sweeping better on late game and Gothitelle has a standard set to trap Gyarados´s counters and break Stall. Breloom is a good answer for Bisharp, Greninja and Azumarill (takes a hit from Azu and KOes back with Bullet Seed). This is also a great lead with Spore+Focus Sash. Deffensive Landorus-T provides momentum and sets up SR, while being a good answer to hit pokémon like Tyranitar, Excadrill, Charizard and Aegislash. Intimidate lets it tank a lot of hits and form a good pair with Mega Gyarados, as both complement their typings. Scarf Tyranitar is my main answer to flying type pokémon, Landorus-I (ohkoed by Ice Beam) and the Lati twins. Latios does the Defogger job while hitting hard with LO boosted STABs.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SAtk / 172 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Rock Tomb

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 204 Atk / 52 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

Last edited:
Team: Nog Is Black LOL

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

EVs: 40 Def / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 244 Spd / 12 HP
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spd
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic

gyara + goth core. i am using the gyara + goth core. it's a great core. gothitelle looks like nog. why? it's androgynous. it's ugly. it's spiteful. it's sinister. and most importantly, it's bad. if you're using gothitelle, you're giving your opponents a one pokemon handicap. this is a good core. i recommend you try it if you want to learn how to play with only 5 pokemon.
this team is just a basic balance team attempting to take advantage of gothitelle's shadow tag. sub dd gyara seemed chill since gothitelle can pick off venusaur and shit, so there's that. gyarados also serves as the team's main aegislash check and a help against keldeo / mamoswine, etc. before mega evolving. physdef ferro's goal is mainly to check greninja (hp fire loses to mega evolved gyara), azuzu (mizuzu *-*), etc. along with dd tar which explans the physdef spread. i went with gliscor here since i, unlike a lot of the others here, am uncomfortable with a pokemon who can give bisharp a +1 be my main check to it. thundurus's purpose is just to check bird spam and it fits synergestically by proving twave support for gliscor and shit. hp fire latios since i don't necessarily /need/ any other move and its helpful when the oppo has pursuiter + ferro or something, and i can bounce back from not being able to trap aegi. plus, it helps mitigate my sd mega sciz weakness by pressuring it more. mainly, subprotect gliscor and sub dd gyara both are benefitted by gothitelle support and i think that makes a handy offensive and defensive threat which makes my team formidable vs all playstyles because goth isn't that excellent vs offense.
i did my best i hav no regret xx

Last edited:
Team: Nog Is Black LOL

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

EVs: 40 Def / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 244 Spd / 12 HP
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spd
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic

gyara + goth core. i am using the gyara + goth core. it's a great core. gothitelle looks like nog. why? it's androgynous. it's ugly. it's spiteful. it's sinister. and most importantly, it's bad. if you're using gothitelle, you're giving your opponents a one pokemon handicap. this is a good core. i recommend you try it if you want to learn how to play with only 5 pokemon.
this team is just a basic balance team attempting to take advantage of gothitelle's shadow tag. sub dd gyara seemed chill since gothitelle can pick off venusaur and shit, so there's that. gyarados also serves as the team's main aegislash check and a help against keldeo / mamoswine, etc. before mega evolving. physdef ferro's goal is mainly to check greninja (hp fire loses to mega evolved gyara), azuzu (mizuzu *-*), etc. along with dd tar which explans the physdef spread. i went with gliscor here since i, unlike a lot of the others here, am uncomfortable with a pokemon who can give bisharp a +1 be my main check to it. thundurus's purpose is just to check bird spam and it fits synergestically by proving twave support for gliscor and shit. hp fire latios since i don't necessarily /need/ any other move and its helpful when the oppo has pursuiter + ferro or something, and i can bounce back from not being able to trap aegi. plus, it helps mitigate my sd mega sciz weakness by pressuring it more. mainly, subprotect gliscor and sub dd gyara both are benefitted by gothitelle support and i think that makes a handy offensive and defensive threat which makes my team formidable vs all playstyles because goth isn't that excellent vs offense.
i did my best i hav no regret xx
Lol. In all seriousness SD Scizor will beat you every time unless you can doubleswitch into it with Goth, so it'd be worth trying something like Heat Wave Zappy > Thundurus (and if you use Defog, you could replace Latios with something which doesn't compound your weakness to TTar and Bisharp - you have a bit of wiggle room because Keld's already handled reasonably well).

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Lol. In all seriousness SD Scizor will beat you every time unless you can doubleswitch into it with Goth, so it'd be worth trying something like Heat Wave Zappy > Thundurus (and if you use Defog, you could replace Latios with something which doesn't compound your weakness to TTar and Bisharp - you have a bit of wiggle room because Keld's already handled reasonably well).
pre-mega gyara beats SD Scizor, with intimidate, and it resists every common move it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)