"Worst Pokémon Ever"

Probably the worst pokemon ever for me is Unfezant. They were absolutely everywhere, and they always had protect/detect so I had to waste a turn not doing anything to them. Air Slash always seemed to score the flinch chance, I hate the cry, the design is ugly (male and female), and it is completely outclassed by Staraptor.

Worst? Lumineon and Finneon. They're completely awful for just how utterly boring they are. I raised one on X purely to get the dex entries, then...I think I shoved it on Pokebank to gather digital dust. Hell, it was only after reading through this entire thread I remembered it, and that's just sad. I don't like Stunfisk at all, but at least it has an impression on me albeit a negative one. The Finneon line...does nothing.

Well it's not good enough that it shouldn't be a part of the conversation. It's still NU and doesn't have a stat over 82. I also think being forgotten is worse. At least stuff like Luvdisc is fun to hate.
Even with its mediocre stats that aren't over 82 Masquerain could win a match versus Mega Pokemon like Kangaskhan, Lucario, Scizor and heck it sometimes win a defensive stall war versus Ferrothorn without Toxic. Max out it's HP and Defense with Bold nature holding a Rocky Helmet of course the trick lies with its useful ability that's Intimidate and the newly gained Power Split. Trap the aforementioned Pokes with infestation and seriously Masquerain owned them. Roost away the damages. It's quite useful in my OU battle. Just really watch out for Steath Rock and Rock moves in general.

Masquerain is far from terrible.

Yeah, forgot this thing even existed, didn't you. Don't deny it. Terrible design (Gen 1/2 cutie face stuff on a pink and white azumarill, rip off the limps and cover it in spikes), terrible stats (I have yet to see anyone try and do a sweep with this thing on YouTube - I've seen people sweep with Caterpie and succeed ffs), I had no idea it even existed until ... Platinum? Even Game Freak wants to forget this abomination exists.

Oh, and another Pokemon I hated at first, thing it's meh/okay now, save one exception that you cannot avoid if you use it.

Why do you force me to stare at its butt bow? Why? The design overall would have escaped my wrath as one of the worst of Gen VI, but that bow is proof that one design element can bring a design down. If "One part of a design that ruins a Pokemon" is a category. Delphox's head being 1/10th the size of it's ears and its ear hair making it look uncanny would be up there too, as well as Hawlucha's bizarre beak and mouth combination.

Last edited:

Yeah, forgot this thing even existed, didn't you. Don't deny it. Terrible design (Gen 1/2 cutie face stuff on a pink and white azumarill, rip off the limps and cover it in spikes), terrible stats (I have yet to see anyone try and do a sweep with this thing on YouTube - I've seen people sweep with Caterpie and succeed ffs), I had no idea it even existed until ... Platinum? Even Game Freak wants to forget this abomination exists.
Well, all of its abilities (Hustle, Natural Cure, and Regenerator) are awesome, so TrollFreak didn't completely give up on it. Its typing and stats don't let it use them effectively, but at least it has some modicum of potential. Corsolite, anyone?

Reactions: JES

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Corsola Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Corsola Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 202-238 (60.4 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Corsola Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Deoxys-D: 232-274 (76.3 - 90.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Corsola Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 312-372 (88.1 - 105%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Corsola Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 596-704 (154.4 - 182.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Corsola Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 492-578 (116 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Corsola Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 241-285 (79.2 - 93.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Corsola Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 300-354 (67.5 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

DO NOT mess with the scariest wall breaker in OU lol.

For me the worst mons are Raticate and Diggersby, both look atrocious, Raticate is a Poké I hate since I was a kid so it probably comes first because it exists for too long and I still hate it the fact it is a generic Normal mon also don't help its case, but Diggersby is also a problem because this mofo is actually good competitively and this makes things worse for me, if it was bad atleast I would not have to see his ugly face when playing competitive games, but the way it is now there is a chance that I will see this incredibly ugly mon when trying to have some fun while playing OU.

I hate the Jigglypuff family.
I love them but I hate them. I hate that they are so USELESS. Couldn't you have given them a better HA, GameFreak? Couldn't new fairy-typing have helped them a little bit? Why is Wigglytuff a joke even in NU?

2: Unfezant and Unown.

Unfezant is an example of wasted potential like no other. It has the stats and abilities to be kinda cool to use in-game... if they gave it ANY physical Flying or Normal STAB. As it is, it learns only special Flying moves and virtually no decent Normal moves. The crit-lens + Slash + Super Luck would have made this thing so fun, but this almost complete setup was denied in favor of an unusable Special Attack stat...

And Unown is together with things such as Luvdisk and Farfetch'd in terms of awfulness... but Farfetch'd is a cultural referance, and Luvdisk carries Heart Scales, which are essentially worth their weight in gold. Unown? Nothing. Even Luvdisk has SOME moves.

Can't belive nobody has mentioned the absolutly worst pokemon ever ...Dunsparce...

The fact that it hasn't been even mentioned in 7 pages just adds for how easily it is to forget that such a pile of rubbish even exist. Its design is horrible and its stats are terrible. The only thing keeping it for being total garbage is its ability and the right movepool to "abuse" it.

TBH, I expected more from this horrible pokemon. Some sort of evolution or being part of a quest for a legendary pokemon/item could have been intersting on such a misterious pokemon...but after 5 generations it's clear that even Game Freak has forgotten its own creation.

Can't belive nobody has mentioned the absolutly worst pokemon ever ...Dunsparce...

The fact that it hasn't been even mentioned in 7 pages just adds for how easily it is to forget that such a pile of rubbish even exist. Its design is horrible and its stats are terrible. The only thing keeping it for being total garbage is its ability and the right movepool to "abuse" it.

TBH, I expected more from this horrible pokemon. Some sort of evolution or being part of a quest for a legendary pokemon/item could have been intersting on such a misterious pokemon...but after 5 generations it's clear that even Game Freak has forgotten its own creation.
People love Dunsparce for its sheer stupidity though. Back in the early 2000s I remember having quite a lot of pride that I had actually caught something with a 1% encounter rate, even though it was an unremitting piece of crap. Also, all the hate for its design seems to have been dumped on the similar-looking Stunfisk (which, for the record, I also think is utterly retarded in an adorable way).

I nominate Basculin.

Now, to explain why I think this is the worst pokemon ever, I have to get a little verbose, so bear with me.

Half the reason for me not liking Black and white was that a lot of the new pokemon looked derivative. Game freak had the awesome idea to make a new continent using only new pokemon, to provide a fresh experience. Shortly thereafter they also had the horrible idea to butcher the previous one by designing the new pokemon to look and function map-design wise, in the same ninches that were alrealdy filled by the old pokemon. I mean, look at Woobat and Roggenrola, for example. They are clearly meant to replace, to some extent, zubat and geodude as the token bat and token rock, and were found in the same kind of places that you would find zubats and geodudes. Well, if you will use not!Zubat and not!Geodude anyway, just use the original ones, dangit.

Now, just because it was a bad idea from a game design standpoint, it doesn't mean that every derivative design was bad. We got a lot of good pokemon in gen V, much in the same way that we have a lot of crap in gen I and 2. Just to cite a few, Venipede is, IMO, the best three-stages bug evolution line in the entire franchise, Galvantula is awesome, Sawsbuck is a better deer than Stantler will ever be, the woobat line is mechanically different from the zubat line, and even the token pikachu clone had an ununsual type. If anything, gen V proved that you can instill some creativity even when you don't have a lot of elbow room.

This brings me to Basculin. This thing is most uneeded, redundant, derivative, useless, forgetteable heap of shit that ever bore the title of pokemon. There is no reason for basculin to exist at all. Of all derivative pokemon, it is the worst. There is not a single ouce of creativity anywhere in it's design. It's a green fish. That's it. There is no cool mechanic, no interesting type combination, no unique ability, nothing. Even the different forms gimmick was alrealdy done better, with Gastodon. The only reason people remember it at all? It's raison d'être is to be the generic water-type fish and fill spaces. It appeared EVERYWHERE, because it basically was supposed to replace the entire water 2 egg group. According to bulbapedia, Basculin can be found in no less than 14 areas in pokemon Black/White, and a whooping 26 areas in B2W2.

It isn't a joke pokemon either. Stuff like Luvdisc and Delibird were designed to be bad and are, in some way a success. They are not to be used seriously. And hey, even the joke pokemon get some uses. Delibird is one of the few pokemon that learns Rapid Spin, even if he sucks at it, so he got some rare use now and then, and luvdisc the main source of Heart Scales. Basculin? He has nothing. You can't even EV train properly by killing it, because after you get the power items, they provide 6 EVs per kill, which a very awkward number to keep track of.

It was overused but is otherwise completely forgettable, the design is beyond bland, has no distinguising features, doesn't work as a joke pokemon, serves no in-game purpose, and from a competitive standpoint, it is mostly outclassed even in NU. I can think of no better option for the "Worst Pokemon Ever" position than Basculin.

Edit: because I suck at english

I vote for florges for simply the typing how are you going to have a Pokemon that blooms like a flower when it comes out the pokeball and evolves from smaller flowers and carries different colors to resemble different flowers make it a fairy type. In what way does florges look like a fairy. In my honest opinion it should have been grass type enough said haha. It is amazing competitively though I have to give it that.

I can forgive things like Unown or Spinda - they may have ended up as horrible in execution, but you can kinda sorta see where they were coming from, in just trying to make something that might have been cool to collect. Phione, I guess, was meant to be a quasi-legendary that was easy to be distributed widely instead of just to people who could make the event - again, terrible execution, and not even a great idea to begin with, but at least there was sort of a point. Even random dex-filling mons like Corsola or Heatmor can be fun in their sheer obscurity.

Don't get me wrong, all of the above things are bad, but to be the WORST, you need to be terrible in both concept and execution. Something that any casual fan could have immediately predicted as terrible the moment the idea was put forth, and ended up with no fun or redeeming factors whatsoever. With that in mind, I'd like to nominate Emboar. Having a third fire/fighting starter in a row is the most laughably stupid thing in the entire game... it's one of the few things where I can't even begin to understand how the decision was made. And the execution was terrible, as it ended up completely inferior to Blaziken and Infernape.

My least favorite Pokemon is definitely Magmortar.
I always thought Magmar was cool, if a little bizarre. But upon evolution he just gets obese and... middle aged? The fire on his head looks like a bad combover. And just look at those creepy lips and pedophilic smile!
To make matters worse, while Magmar looks like he's made of fire, the fire patterns on Magmortar's torso look painted on, and for some reason his legs are a weird pinkish colour that doesn't match any other part of him or the overall theme.
The only remotely redeeming quality are the arm cannons... which Rhyperior also has (and he's also super ugly compared to his previous form). They were clearly running out of ideas at that point.
So yeah, Magmortar, for turning what was once my favorite pokemon - the bizarre but badass otherwordly creature who was made of fire - into a middle aged pedophile with a bad combover and a fire patterned t-shirt. And arm cannons *I guess*.

Honorable mention to Lickilicky

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Corsola Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
...[more example calcs]...
DO NOT mess with the scariest wall breaker in OU lol.
The "scariest wallbreaker in OU" has 64% accuracy and as is likely to ko itself with recoil as it is to KO the opponent, especially with it's 35 base speed...

This brings me to Basculin. This thing is most uneeded, redundant, derivative, useless, forgetteable heap of shit that ever bore the title of pokemon. There is no reason for basculin to exist at all. Of all derivative pokemon, it is the worst. There is not a single ouce of creativity anywhere in it's design. It's a green fish. That's it. There is no cool mechanic, no interesting type combination, no unique ability, nothing. Even the different forms gimmick was alrealdy done better, with Gastodon.
Basculin is based on a bass, which can be found in New York state. It's...got different abilities on its forms?

It might also have betta fish inspirations, what with the two varieties being violent and having horizontal colored stripes (which bettas show when frightened or setting up a pecking order).

But yeah; as far as limited inspirations go Basculin isn't the most impressive thing Unova has to offer.

Nominating Delcatty. It has the lowest stat total for a fully evolved pokemon that can evolve (other than Shedinja whose gimmick at least makes it fun to play with), as far as I can see. Even counting pokemon that don't evolve, Delcatty is still outclassed by the likes of Dunsparce and Dedenne. Not only that, but Skitty evolves with a Moon Stone, meaning you have to waste the stone AND Delcatty doesn't learn any new attacks. If you want Play Rough, Skitty's last attack, you have to level Skitty up to level 49 before evolving it. It can't even qualify for a good early-game supporter, because Skitty doesn't learn Heal Bell until level 39 and its other decent support move, Wish, is an egg move. And, Delcatty is a plain normal type.

It's one of the few evolving pokemon that isn't even decent early on. Compared to the Simisage/Simisear/Simipour, three other early-game pokemon that evolve with stones, Delcatty's stat total is over 100 points lower. I honestly can't think of a reason to ever use Delcatty.

Going to have to go with Lucario for this one. There's absolutely nothing redeemable about that pile of shit. It's as if Nintendo decided to outsource their creative department to Deviantart, and got an 11-year-old to do the design.

First off, it's an anthropomorphic canine. Yawn, big deal. Generic, unimaginative fox-type things have been around since Gen I, and this one's main distinction is that it stands on two legs. Then it has that Steel type, which does absolutely nothing for it flavorwise besides making it even more ~*speshul*~ and gives it those goofy spikes on its paws. That's it.

But the design isn't only terrible, but GF decided to shove that thing in our face as much as humanly possible. It was dominating in Gens 4 and 5; in 6, they decided to make sure it remains good by giving it a Mega - and not just any Mega, no, Lucario was the *first pokemon to mega-evolve*. If Lucario shows up in the anime, you know that the trainer is going to win, even if it's against Ash, because heaven forbid a Lucario be shown losing.

Finally, check the Pokedex entries for more special snowflakiness. Lucario can sense auras, understand human speech, detect invisible enemies, read minds a mile away... Yup, that's Mary-Sue-the-Pokemon, and it has my vote.

Going to have to go with Lucario for this one. There's absolutely nothing redeemable about that pile of shit. It's as if Nintendo decided to outsource their creative department to Deviantart, and got an 11-year-old to do the design.

First off, it's an anthropomorphic canine. Yawn, big deal. Generic, unimaginative fox-type things have been around since Gen I, and this one's main distinction is that it stands on two legs. Then it has that Steel type, which does absolutely nothing for it flavorwise besides making it even more ~*speshul*~ and gives it those goofy spikes on its paws. That's it.

But the design isn't only terrible, but GF decided to shove that thing in our face as much as humanly possible. It was dominating in Gens 4 and 5; in 6, they decided to make sure it remains good by giving it a Mega - and not just any Mega, no, Lucario was the *first pokemon to mega-evolve*. If Lucario shows up in the anime, you know that the trainer is going to win, even if it's against Ash, because heaven forbid a Lucario be shown losing.

Finally, check the Pokedex entries for more special snowflakiness. Lucario can sense auras, understand human speech, detect invisible enemies, read minds a mile away... Yup, that's Mary-Sue-the-Pokemon, and it has my vote.
I'd say Lucario isn't the worst Pokemon ever,it's still better than Luvdisc, Basculin, and all that crap.(and it's my personal favorite).

Now for my worst(one for each gen)

Gen 1:Muk(Feralizilla VS the Sludge Monster)

Kudos to Muk for trying to be that Hedorah ripoff it is. Never really saw any use for it,because it's outclassed by most Poison Pokemon. Defensive? Weezing and Nidoqueen just came to town. Offensive? That's what we have Nidoking for(tho muk can be physical but so can Nidoking). However, Muk can be of good use in NU.

Gen 2:Furret(furrys unite)

There's one reason I like Furret:It's pretty damn cute. However,it's still complete garbage competitively and in-game(even in the TCG IMO). If you want a furry,go catch something better like Espeon or Furfrou(if you want to be that way).This guy even makes a bad Sonic OC(I've tried).

Gen 3:Lunatone/Solrock(from the Sol dimension)

It was hard to choose which one to use,but in the end I put both Lunatone and Solrock here because of their similarities to each other(obvs). First of all,I'm not the biggest fan of gimmick Pokemon. Never in my life have I dreamed of getting one of these for myself. Second, if I wanted to get one I'm sure it wouldn't do me any good, because look at them BSTs of a whopping 440 (le sarcasm). Finally, Mind Badge. Nuff' said.

Gen 4:Probopass(Aggron called.He says that he's in UU now.)

When I heard that some underrated Pokemon would be getting evolutions in DPP(looking at you Tangela, Aipom, and Yanma),I was overjoyed. That is, until I saw Probopass. I mean, Nosepass was bad enough but Probopass? All he did was A:Give Nosepass a higher SPD and B:Give Nosepass 4X weaknesses to Fighting/Ground. In general, Probopass is a special-oriented Aggron without a Mega. At least Bidoof is a good slave.

Gen 5:Klinklang(grinds my gears to this day)

You know what really grinds my-ah f*** it. Aside from being a pile of gears(Seriously who designed this thing?),Klinklang is only usable competitively because of Shift Gear. And if you want a physical Steel type, Metagross and Jirachi are much more badass and OU viable. In-game Klinklang doesn't get any better(in BW), since Ferrothorn called. The other Steel Types in BW2 don't help it either with Aggron, Metagross, and even Probopass(who was mentioned earlier).

Gen 6:Avalugg(ice ice baby)

Ah, Avalugg. The main Pokeman of that Gym Leader I sweeped so badly(hi charizard)that I didn't even have time to remember his name. Avalugg has made a name for himself by tanking the most powerful of physical attacks such as my Megazard X's Flare Blitz, but falls like a sack of potatoes to most special moves. At least Sturdy helps it somewhat, but I don't know anyone with an Ice safari(and I don't want one). That design also doesn't make it look any cooler, rather it does the complete opposite. Sorry Avalugg,hope you get better next gen.

Last edited:
Nuclear disaster: I'm going to have to disagree with Lucario because if we're going to talk about cliche designs, Lucario is far from the worst offender, and at least Lucario is excellent competitively.

Plus, he's an absolute cutie in Pokemon Amie, but maybe that's just me. I really fell for his little bow in that, he became my favourite Pokemon within the minute I got him from Korrina.

Personally, I'd have to say Alomomola is the worst. God, what is with that heart-hands thing it has going on? It makes me feel sick just looking at its awful design. Competitively, 165 HP is pretty cool, as if it could tank any kind of hit with all of its other stats and do anything useful.

Nuclear disaster: I'm going to have to disagree with Lucario because if we're going to talk about cliche designs, Lucario is far from the worst offender, and at least Lucario is excellent competitively.

Plus, he's an absolute cutie in Pokemon Amie, but maybe that's just me. I really fell for his little bow in that, he became my favourite Pokemon within the minute I got him from Korrina.

Personally, I'd have to say Alomomola is the worst. God, what is with that heart-hands thing it has going on? It makes me feel sick just looking at its awful design. Competitively, 165 HP is pretty cool, as if it could tank any kind of hit with all of its other stats and do anything useful.
Gardevoir also bows (very gracefully, I might add) in Amie, which is pretty cool. And that other...thing seems GF wants to make any Pokemon that's heart-shaped suck. Only this one doesn't potentially net you Heart Scales so why bother with it other than for the Shiny Charm.

I'm nominating Ferrothorn.
  1. Design. Ferrothorn's design is awful. When I first evolved a Ferroseed I though this was going to be some awful ball of thorns. It's design screams "Magcargo's brother", which is no good.
  2. In-game uses. Ferrothorn has no use on in-game whatsoever. Not like it doesn't share that with other Pokemon (looking at you Blissey), but it's his Speed that doesn't let it function properly. As we all know, in-game runs appreciate fast, powerful offensive over bulky offensive or stalling.
  3. Competitiveness. Yes, finally going to talk about how awfully annoying this piece of thorny shit is. Ferrothorn is straight up the best/worst (judge yourself which word is correct) annoyer ever made bar Liepard (which falls to any Lum Berry Fighting-type Pokemon). It has bulk for both sides so that it's hard to take down, is the only Pokemon that resists Water + Dragon coverage that is viable for OU and Ubers, and of course, it had to have a good offensive stat. Because it couldn't be an hazard layer Blissey. I was forced to run Hidden Power Fire on my Starmie last gen just to get past it. AND I WAS USING A MOTHAFUCKIN RAIN TEAM. What's next, Game Freak? Mega Ferrothorn? Give it Toxic Spikes? Shift Gear + Earthquake?

Right, okay, in defence of a couple previously mentioned Pokemon:

Alomomola: Alomomola is actually based on a real-life animal, the ocean sunfish, so it's not exactly some "what were they smoking?" design. It sort of has a point in the game it was introduced as the "rippling water filler" Pokemon, not quite as useful as Audino is on land, but still good grinding potential. Competitively, it's looking like being solidly RU this gen after its potential as a Wish passer (rather than a straight wall) was belatedly noticed in gen V. With Wish, Regenerator and 165 HP it certainly can do a good job at passing a massive Wish to a weakened team mate and then healing itself too by switching out thanks to its great ability, making it the perfect glue for bulky offence teams whose attackers can take a hit but need to keep their HP topped up.

Ferrothorn: Maybe this thing doesn't have the best artistic design in the world, but it certainly shows bucketloads more imagination than other genfivers like the Trubbish, Vanillite and Klang evolutionary lines. From a competitive standpoint it is certainly not broken - most significantly, it has no instant recovery move, so it can be worn down over the course of a match, and it is set-up bait for quite a few sweepers. Plus with all the boons offence has been given over the generations it was nice to see Game Freak throwing a bone to stall. And it does have in-game uses, sure it's not the most efficient way of playing through the game but it has its uses (eg, by setting up a few Curses and Ingrain you can turn the normally difficult Drayden fight into a breeze).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)