Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I would like to say regarding my repeated server disconnecting problem, Zarel has been kind enough to suggest using the secure link for PS and I have been fine ever since.

1. Windows Vista
  2. Chrome but I use the downloadable version of PS
  3. (Other Browsers?)
  4. It probably began happening before I saw it but the first time I saw it myself was 2 weeks ago when I came back to PS after a 3 month hiatus
  5. R_I_Pierre
  6. Ok so in the screenshot, after a battle there is a sea of error messages with the rank ups/downs somewhere in the clutter. It is not a major issue but is incredibly annoying and makes the screen look messy after battles especially while recording. The same thing happens when i type /calc only without rank ups/downs just a sea of error messages. Nothing super critical but i could really use that calc and like i said earlier it bothers me :/. Thanks for your answers regardless of whether or not you can help me :)
Showdown.JPG

-R_I_Pierre

1. Windows 7
2. Chrome and downloaded version
3. Also with Firefox (dont know which version)
4. about a month, maybe more
5. 19Creature94
6. When i enter my Name and click "choose Name" the box just disappears and thats it. Not even the Chat rooms appear to me. I can use the Teambuilder but i cant play. Sometimes, like once in 2-3 days i just swich into the tab and i am logged in, but that is not what i want to have. Cuz then i can use it for like 1 hour and then it goes like before.

(operating system) windows 7
(web browser) google chrome
(other browsers) I ONLY YOU CHROME
(when problem started) FEW MINUTES AGO
PS USERNAME IT DONT LET ME TO WRITE MY OWN USERNAME IT SAYING IT ALREDY REGISTER BUT I DIDNT REGISTERED AND NONE OF MY FREIND REGISTERD THE GAME
(Problem) whenever i try to log on, i enter my password and it says it's incorrect. i've tried multiple times to log in to no avail, typing very carefully to make sure i didnt misspell anything. I'm assuming it's because i went to do something else without logging out first, but i also think its unlikely. Can anyone help at all?

(operating system) Windows 7
(web browser) Chrome
(when problem started) actually a few months back, but I didn't think much of it then
(problem) Upon watching a replay, the battle is over within a second or two. The speed is on Normal, but this problem happens even on Really Slow; I am watching replays under the Replays tab. Essentially, I click 'Play', the battle slams into turn 6, then jumps to turn 23, then it's over. All before the models are loaded and the cries can be heard. I'm not entirely sure if this is even Showdown's fault or if Chrome or myself downloaded something that is causing it, and I can't think of a way to capture a video of it happening.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
(operating system) windows 7
(web browser) google chrome
(other browsers) I ONLY YOU CHROME
(when problem started) FEW MINUTES AGO
PS USERNAME IT DONT LET ME TO WRITE MY OWN USERNAME IT SAYING IT ALREDY REGISTER BUT I DIDNT REGISTERED AND NONE OF MY FREIND REGISTERD THE GAME
(Problem) whenever i try to log on, i enter my password and it says it's incorrect. i've tried multiple times to log in to no avail, typing very carefully to make sure i didnt misspell anything. I'm assuming it's because i went to do something else without logging out first, but i also think its unlikely. Can anyone help at all?
So you're saying you only use Chrome or this issue only happens on Chrome? Have you tried using Showdown on Firefox or Opera etc?

Chances are your friends did register the name and haven't told you OR you have forgotten the password you signed up with.

Background information:
  • I moved recently (2 weeks ago) and this is when the problem started
  • I know my internet speed sucks
  • I've never been banned
  • I've been using showdown for a freaking long time with this computer/browser
  • I am on a college campus
  • OS: Windows 7, Browser: FireFox (29.0.1), Chrome (35.0.1916.114), both up to date, tried downloaded version as well.
  • Usernames: jbozz1217, thegreatjozo, DLGLJozo, DLGT Jozo....
I continue getting the "Cannot connect to server" error message every time I try to load showdown on the main server. Frost does work, however.

I did manage to get on to Showdown one time for about an hour, but then once I left I could not get back on. The speed of my internet in my apartment is VERY slow, however when I'm at work my speed is much faster (like, super fast) and I still cannot access it.

I miss laddering and chatting and stuff and most of all I really don't like Glaceon so please help me.

It looks like there might not be people here to reply to these concerns? This thread just seems to be mostly people who cannot access Showdown. I've been unable to get on for over 2 weeks now :(... Tried everything...

(operating system) windows 7 Home Edition SP1
(web browser) Firefox
(other browsers) None
(when problem started) Ever since I visited the site the first time, but I've only started actually battling recently, thus it only affects me now (probably a few days)
(problem) Same as most in this thread, although mine is a little more sporadic. Whenever I go to play, it says "You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted.". If I click reconnect a bunch (between 2-10 times usually) I can get in for maybe a game or two, but then it will pop up again in the middle of a game or in the lobby. I have tried turning off my antivirus (Kaspersky), and I know that my internet speed/configuration is an unlikely culprit. Any thoughts...?

1. Operating system - Windows 7 Ultimate.
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) - Google Chrome (latest one, doesn't have a version number I guess).
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? I have tried Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome as well.
  4. When did this problem start? - Since I got this new and fast Internet connection.
  5. Your PS username - macrarazy (i.e same as my current [as of 6/14/2014] Smogon username).
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). - The problem is I can't connect to Servers other than Main (Smogon University) and the Servers kota/pika/victini hosts, some more but I'll say I can't connect to 85% Servers and the most noticeable thing I caught is that mostly (not always) I can connect to VPS hosted Servers.

Background information:
  • I moved recently (2 weeks ago) and this is when the problem started
  • I know my internet speed sucks
  • I've never been banned
  • I've been using showdown for a freaking long time with this computer/browser
  • I am on a college campus
  • OS: Windows 7, Browser: FireFox (29.0.1), Chrome (35.0.1916.114), both up to date, tried downloaded version as well.
  • Usernames: jbozz1217, thegreatjozo, DLGLJozo, DLGT Jozo....
I continue getting the "Cannot connect to server" error message every time I try to load showdown on the main server. Frost does work, however.

I did manage to get on to Showdown one time for about an hour, but then once I left I could not get back on. The speed of my internet in my apartment is VERY slow, however when I'm at work my speed is much faster (like, super fast) and I still cannot access it.

I miss laddering and chatting and stuff and most of all I really don't like Glaceon so please help me.
OK, really? It's been 4 weeks since I've been able to get on. What am I supposed to do? Getting pissed off.

jbozz1217 don't know if you already did, but try using either this link, or this one.

If the above mentioned do not work, I'm sorry but at least I don't have any solution to your problem. Perhaps check maybe ask your College mates whether it works for them or not?

jbozz1217 don't know if you already did, but try using either this link, or this one.

If the above mentioned do not work, I'm sorry but at least I don't have any solution to your problem. Perhaps check maybe ask your College mates whether it works for them or not?
Thanks for the reply. The first link works but it just brings me to the main site where I need to choose a server. If I choose the Smogon server, it just loads forever and says "connecting." Same thing happens with the other link except it says "connecting" in a different spot. I waited for more than 20 minutes, and my internet connection is slow but not THAT slow. Other servers work more than fine. :/

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(operating system) Mac OS X 10.7.3
(web browser) Safari
(when problem started) always
(problem) The tournaments bracket made by the script is unscrollable on safari so I can't view the entire bracket or results. Can only see the below, more if i stretch the window sideways a heap.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
(operating system) Mac OS X 10.7.3
(web browser) Safari
(when problem started) always
(problem) The tournaments bracket made by the script is unscrollable on safari so I can't view the entire bracket or results. Can only see the below, more if i stretch the window sideways a heap.

Have you tried dragging it? That's what I have to do on my mac.

Mind Crush

Banned deucer.
operating system) windows 7
(web browser) Google Chrome
(other browsers) Internet Explorer and Firefox
(when problem started) 2 hours ago
(PS username) Mind Crush
(Problem) Whenever I enter a server instead of a lobby there is a loading screen and whenever I type in my password and username it doesn't work.

(Operating System) Windows 7
(Web Brower) Chrome
(Other Browsers?) Tried in Firefox and Internet Explorer. Did not work
(When did this problem start?) Just yesterday.
(PS Username) mariosonicepic123
(Problem) Alot of people are having this problem,I log onto pokemon showdown normally,but then the screen stays stuck on loading... I try everything,nothing happens. HELP!

Thanks for the reply. The first link works but it just brings me to the main site where I need to choose a server. If I choose the Smogon server, it just loads forever and says "connecting." Same thing happens with the other link except it says "connecting" in a different spot. I waited for more than 20 minutes, and my internet connection is slow but not THAT slow. Other servers work more than fine. :/
Still not able to access Showdown. Just about ready to give up. Hopefully it works for me elsewhere in the world, maybe Texas is just stupid.

1. Operating system: Windows 8.1
  2. Web Browser: Google Chrome version 35.0.1916.153 m
  3. Other Browsers?: Mozilla Firefox.
  4. When did this problem start?: Today, approx. 4/5 hours ago.
  5. PS Username: AxeBane.
  6. Problem: It seems as if I've stopped receiving highlight notification popups whenever I'm highlighted on PS, yet I still can see highlights; I'm simply not getting a blessed notification. This is a new issue. This may seem like no big deal, but it's kinda important for a Moderator of the RP room to be notified when 'shit's going down'.
That is all.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Uh ok Axe so Chrome always asks permission for pop ups the first time you use PS (and again for any other servers (. Either you somehow changed your permissions (doubtful) or perhaps you updated your chrome causing this to happen. I suggest you sync your chrome with a gmail account, and then uninstall and re-install. Then upon using PS and having highlights on it should give you a prompt saying "Allow desktop notifications from ___" and you click "Allow."
^that prompt should appear under the address bar or bookmarks bar if you have it always showing.

Uh ok Axe so Chrome always asks permission for pop ups the first time you use PS (and again for any other servers (. Either you somehow changed your permissions (doubtful) or perhaps you updated your chrome causing this to happen. I suggest you sync your chrome with a gmail account, and then uninstall and re-install. Then upon using PS and having highlights on it should give you a prompt saying "Allow desktop notifications from ___" and you click "Allow."
^that prompt should appear under the address bar or bookmarks bar if you have it always showing.
Sorry, but I must be doing something wrong due to the fact that I wasn't prompted with the "Allow desktop notifications" choice. I've tried multiple times with the same result.

Edit: I finally got the message when I opened up a PM box to Anna. :/

The problem is resolved.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)