Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - The Smog Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
The Smog has tons of areas to get involved with. GP is a great way to get involved, but you'd have to get onto the GP team first. If LC's your preferred article type, then I'd have a chat with Goddess Briyella. She writes lots of articles for The Smog about LC and should be able to help. Good luck!
Hi there. I see you often, so you know where to find me. I would be happy to help you. :)
Ah. Thank you Vacate for answering so quickly! I am glad there are many different ways to be involved. I know I have to get onto the GP first though haha, it was just an example of something I would be interested in. I have seen many of Goddess Bryiella's articles though and see her in LC often, so I will try to talk to her. Thanks for the help, and the luck is appreciated too!

Hi Bri, I see you often too haha. I do know where to find you, and I am glad you are willing to help! Thank you very much :)

This is probably a dumb question, as in no one knows the answer and it doesn't affect me at all,but when will the next issue of the smog be released?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Generally there's a time, but it's almost never followed to the date. I don't think anyone really knows when.

This is probably a dumb question, as in no one knows the answer and it doesn't affect me at all,but when will the next issue of the smog be released?
Do the math.

Issue #1 - May 13 2009 / Days since last issue: N/A
Issue #2 - Jul 6 2009 / Days since last issue: 54
Issue #3 - Sep 6 2009 / Days since last issue: 62
Issue #4 - Oct 18 2009 / Days since last issue: 42
Issue #5 - Nov 29 2009 / Days since last issue: 42
Issue #6 - Jan 10 2010 / Days since last issue: 42
Issue #7 - Mar 4 2010 / Days since last issue: 53
Issue #8 - May 2 2010 / Days since last issue: 59
Issue #9 - Jun 16 2010 / Days since last issue: 45
Issue #10 - Aug 1 2010 / Days since last issue: 45
Issue #11 - Sep 12 2010 / Days since last issue: 41
Issue #12 - Oct 25 2010 / Days since last issue: 43
Issue #13 - Dec 20 2010 / Days since last issue: 56
Issue #14 - Mar 1 2011 / Days since last issue: 71
Issue #15 - Jun 24 2011 / Days since last issue: 95
Issue #16 - Aug 28 2011 / Days since last issue: 55
Issue #17 - Oct 30 2011 / Days since last issue: 63
Issue #18 - Jan 8 2012 / Days since last issue: 70
Issue #19 - Mar 15 2012 / Days since last issue: 67
Issue #20 - May 22 2012 / Days since last issue: 68
Issue #21 - Aug 18 2012 / Days since last issue: 88
Issue #22 - Nov 11 2012 / Days since last issue: 85
Issue #23 - Dec 27 2012 / Days since last issue: 46
Issue #24 - Feb 5 2013 / Days since last issue: 40
Issue #25 - Mar 4 2013 / Days since last issue: 27
Issue #26 - Apr 7 2013 / Days since last issue: 34
Issue #27 - May 9 2013 / Days since last issue: 32
Issue #28 - Jun 23 2013 / Days since last issue: 45
Issue #29 - Aug 16 2013 / Days since last issue: 54
Issue #30 - Sep 26 2013 / Days since last issue: 41
Issue #31 - Nov 25 2013 / Days since last issue: 60
Issue #32 - Jan 17 2014 / Days since last issue: 53
Issue #33 - Feb 28 2014 / Days since last issue: 42
Issue #34 - ??? ?? ???? / Days since last issue: 60, at the time of this posting
Doing the math for the first 33 issues yields 53.94 days as an average between release dates. Longest amount of days between releases is 95 and shortest is 27. There's no definitive date for release but this gives you an idea of how long it has taken in the past.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
i read the rules in C&C and they freaked me out. I can't write great articles because i tend to run out of words, my glossary isn't very vast, and i am not that good at making a big article much interesting. I am much better with shorter things, and can help others who are writing for The Smog. So if anything's there that suits me, command me.

PS:Forgot to mention that am not good with art, and writing is my only use-worthy area

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i read the rules in C&C and they freaked me out. I can't write great articles because i tend to run out of words, my glossary isn't very vast, and i am not that good at making a big article much interesting. I am much better with shorter things, and can help others who are writing for The Smog. So if anything's there that suits me, command me.

PS:Forgot to mention that am not good with art, and writing is my only use-worthy area
We can always use people to contribute ideas (there's a sticky in the main forum on submitting ideas), so that's definitely one way to get involved :) Otherwise just reading the magazine is pretty helpful as it is (and giving feedback in the issue threads!)

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Out of curiosity, is it possible to get the Contributor and Media Contributor badges by doing nothing but writing articles for The Smog?

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so there's this one article in Workshop that was shelved due to the writer being inactive/lost interest in the article. I like the idea, and want to write about it myself. If I ask someone for permission, could I actually take over the article?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Generally you'd ask a Smog Staff member, but asking the original author isn't a bad idea either.

Once each issue comes out, one of the staff will post an 'Issue #X released!" thread here. You can point out errors and provide constructive feedback about the issue in question in that thread.

If you find an error in an older issue, you can fix it on the SCMS :)

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Ok. I've written for the Smog before (1 Article lel) and I used sprites in it from the Smogon Sprite Generator. All those sprites, and numerous others, I've noticed around smogon and custom banners for Smods, are broken..

I'm guessing this is noticed?

Hello, while I am relatively new to the smogon community, I am fairly experienced in the ADV OU tier. I was wondering if i wanted to submit an article outline about that tier, do i need to go through any sort of approval process to show that I am experienced?

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes. You must go to article approvals to get it approved (but you should probably have a good explanation on why you are qualified as you only have 20 posts.)

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, I am participating in the current MAC, and I saw in the OP that 1st and 2nd place would be featured in the Smog.
However, looking at newer issues I can see that this has stopped after MAC 27. Does this mean the Smog has stopped featuring Smeargle Studio-related updates?

a fairy

Community Leader
Nobody has stepped up to do Smeargle's Studio reviews that the staff (both SS and Smog) have cleared to do those articles. I highly doubt that the articles are now being rejected and prohibited from appearing in The Smog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)