Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are a few things with Mega Slowbro I have had concerns about and I will not accept any sprite that doesn't follow them. In terms of style the head should not be any bigger than the regular head.

Heck you might as well just use the same head and close the mouth, and while it does gain over a foot from mega evolution it shouldn't be too huge. So try to rebase with the original head as either reference or in place of what you current have. Also the arms are way too big and not ploppy enough when compared to the art.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I was working on a Mega Slowbro sprite too but I'm not really the best spriter so I just kinda forgot about it:

If anybody wants to use any part of this (probably the head if anything), feel free to do so! c:

There are a few things with Mega Slowbro I have had concerns about and I will not accept any sprite that doesn't follow them. In terms of style the head should not be any bigger than the regular head.

Heck you might as well just use the same head and close the mouth, and while it does gain over a foot from mega evolution it shouldn't be too huge. So try to rebase with the original head as either reference or in place of what you current have. Also the arms are way too big and not ploppy enough when compared to the art.
Took your advice and edited the head from the official Slowbro sprite, as well as made other changes:

I tried shortening him up more, though the extra height could be attributed to him balancing on his tail. I also tried to make his arms much more natural.

Took your advice and edited the head from the official Slowbro sprite, as well as made other changes:

I tried shortening him up more, though the extra height could be attributed to him balancing on his tail. I also tried to make his arms much more natural.
Damn you're a lot faster than me, oh well. I'd still post the one I made.

Head is a lot more smaller, renewed the claws like in the art, widened the overtaking Shellder by two pixels, but I still didn't fix much of what Layell said. "ploppy arms"

Attachments

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
My update on Mega Slowbro
upload_2014-8-21_17-7-19.png

Made the shell have more rightness, made a little hole for the arm, fixed some pixels, edited some outline color on the shell.

Edit: I keep forgetting to state that school started, so I may or may not have as much time to be here or make sprites. But don't worry (not that you guys do lol) I offten check during lunch as I did last year (or back before May when I joined).

Edit:
Update on my Mega Gengar, chose old colors between it and the sugiart colors. Removed red mouth but I can add it back in if anyone likes it, changed right (his left) ear with edited some outlines and colors

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

OK quick executive decision, this Mega Slowbro will be the one we take and make further improvements to. At this point the perfecting of arms, shell lines, and making the back should all be based off what is here.

ALSO

Wobblebuns Gengar will be the projects one.

Pikachu formes ideally will be new poses.

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Wobblebuns Gengar will be the projects one.

Pikachu formes ideally will be new poses.
Oh, I haven't realized it was still being worked on so I made my own.
As for the Pika's I'm still trying to work out on Libre-chu and popstar-chu I'll try to get them done in a few day, it's friday so hopfully over the weekend I can bring an update.

Well, since I have to be going shortly, here's a QC update I've had sitting on my hard drive for awhile.

Honedge
New________Old________

-Darkest Blue Shade removed.
-Sword less lined.
-Sash is now fuller.
-Sheath has been REALLY updated and fingers of sash no longer obstruct it on the back.

I would comment more on other sprites, but I recently moved into my college dorm, so I haven't had much free time to keep up with the thread. Either way, have fun with this one, all. +)

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I've been looking at how the pikachus could work out by sketching them, and found that a bunch of the sugimori art could be used for the rare animations.

Edit:
Pikachu Libre has been created except for his other arm, it tends to get in the way when i try to edit behind it, it'll popup soon. I used the older colors except for one, the yellow fur color that PoM used for her Pikachu Belle, along with adding an extra shade of orange for and removed the brightest orange we had in place for an extra gray. I realize the arms look goofy, but I tried to make it flex to show it's toughness.
upload_2014-8-22_17-39-12.png

Last edited:
Mega Pinsir Update:

So... not much changed from the other one I posted except for the horn shading [to accommodate the lack of light hitting the back based on the 3D model]. This is my attempt at the spike outline, since my colors were maxed out, and those were the only two shades of red that could be applied.

To me, those claws look large than those in the official art. Go check it out.

Hey :)

My English isn't very well, so I used the google translator.
But I would like to help, if someone may understand, what I've written.
Was there even the hairstyles of Furfrou before?

I've made these versions of Furfrou's "front" and wanted to ask what you think.
On the internet I've only found one version of the pokémon that were larger than the 96x96 that you used here. I oriented myself to the Furfrou from this website and adjusted the size.
First I made the front sprites, then the shiny versions, then I edit the back sprites.

I hope that's okay, otherwise I'm about to review.

Incidentally, these are the artwork, which I brought in pixel form.
I think that's prettier than the pokémon is always standing at the same way. :)
This is the work of today and yesterday.

Forgive me if my grammar is worse - the google translator have to blame. XD

Some seem a bit crooked ... I revised them again. :)

Josey~

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
To me, those claws look large than those in the official art. Go check it out.
Yeah they do look a little long and are shorter in the artwork, I'll try to fix them. If You or Cynical doesn't do them by the time I finish.

On the internet I've only found one version of the pokémon that were larger than the 96x96 that you used here. I oriented myself to the Furfrou from this website and adjusted the size.
First I made the front sprites, then the shiny versions, then I edit the back sprites.

Josey~
Hello Josey, welcome to the project. Google translated words and grammar for once? Wow I'm impressed. Anyways, your Furfou(s) do look nice. However I don't think we needs them for the battle simulator as Furfrou doesn't learn new moves or has stat changes in the forms similar to how we only use one Vivillion. However that doesn't mean you still can't participate! If you want check out the chart to see what's finished and what isn't completed yet.

Edit:
upload_2014-8-23_12-31-13.png
changed some outlines and changed fingers/claws

Last edited:
Hello Josey, welcome to the project. Google translated words and grammar for once? Wow I'm impressed. Anyways, your Furfou(s) do look nice. However I don't think we needs them for the battle simulator as Furfrou doesn't learn new moves or has stat changes in the forms similar to how we only use one Vivillion. However that doesn't mean you still can't participate! If you want check out the chart to see what's finished and what isn't completed yet.

Thank you for your feedback! :)

I have this pixelated versions for my Essential game. I thought it might be nice, similar to the male and female forms, if you could comb Furfrou in the game.
But if it is not needed, that's okay, I do not post the other versions. :)
If I pixle another pokemon, I'll set it here.

Josey~

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Ok I'm sorry if I am breaking any rules on this, but I saw that Mega Slowbro was kinda crooked in its shell, so I attempted to fix that? Sorry again if I'm not allowed to do this;

Edit:

-There is an issue with my versions (our) right back spike, and the entire bottom two shells may have to be increased more.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I have like, only Sprite Fusion experience.

I also want to say what an amazing job you have done on all of these sprites, and I am looking forward to the completion of them, because they look so amazing with the rest of the BW sprites. Keep it up!

Josey~
your sprite is nice!
http://pokemon-reloaded.el-foro.net/t1738p60-pokemon-reloaded-proyecto-kalos-fase-2
There is also someone drawing Furfrou's sprite, up
Including your sprites I found there is only one forme which color is purple haven't drew yet
my english is terrible too~I hope you can understand

Ok I'm sorry if I am breaking any rules on this, but I saw that Mega Slowbro was kinda crooked in its shell, so I attempted to fix that? Sorry again if I'm not allowed to do this;

Edit:

-There is an issue with my versions (our) right back spike, and the entire bottom two shells may have to be increased more.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I have like, only Sprite Fusion experience.

I also want to say what an amazing job you have done on all of these sprites, and I am looking forward to the completion of them, because they look so amazing with the rest of the BW sprites. Keep it up!
Maybe, it's best to leave it .. crooked? Well we have mega slowbro's angle, it's slightly turning to it's right(left) though. So maybe that explains it? And also, leave the spikes alone. They look just fine.

And silly me, have I mentioned I want to participate? Well now I'd like to be a part of this project. I'm not that type that makes the sprites completely, I'm more of a fixer when mistakes come along.

Thank you for your feedback! :)

I have this pixelated versions for my Essential game. I thought it might be nice, similar to the male and female forms, if you could comb Furfrou in the game.
But if it is not needed, that's okay, I do not post the other versions. :)
If I pixle another pokemon, I'll set it here.

Josey~
I support and love your work, I am also doing my own essential pokemon game and i think players would be happy if their Furfrou can have different styles while battling or storing in the storage box.

By the way , can I use your sprites when you finish this project? I will give you credit.

your sprite is nice!
http://pokemon-reloaded.el-foro.net/t1738p60-pokemon-reloaded-proyecto-kalos-fase-2
There is also someone drawing Furfrou's sprite, up
Including your sprites I found there is only one forme which color is purple haven't drew yet
my english is terrible too~I hope you can understand
Hi! :)
Thank you :D

This Furfrous see also great too :)
But I have a feeling, the style is slightly different.
I think also because I'm doing the back sprites myself, I'm going through with it, to make them all.

And yes, of course you can use my sprites. :D
Credit would be great!
I will rest when they're done, upload it to devianart.
If you want, I'll send you the link then.

My works are all creative common. :)
But I'm always happy when I get a finished game sent, is included in the things of me!

Josey~

Hello!
I have been lurking this thread for a while now, and I thought it wouldn't hurt to try posting some sprites I've worked on in the past, rather than letting them rot in my folders.

Also some ORAS Megas,

Though I understand these might not be good enough to replace the ones in the doc, but any feedback would be great!

Edit:

My concern is how the three layers of shell/body is shaded differently.
Maybe something like this?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
now if someone could fix the weird dark pink section on Slowbro's left arm and then just make the arms perfect we'd be good to have someone start on the back. I do believe there are a number of nice reference stills from the reveal trailer.

I am most interested in that Mega Metagross Brylark, but LU has a good process and is working on the back currently which is what I am really interested in. Also confirm my message on DA so I know you the real deal :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)