Shiny Rarity

Theoretically it is possible to chain for Chanseys; good luck getting it started though.

The only shinies I've encountered would be a shiny Ratata while speed training Pikachu in LG, and a shiny Wailer I caught in Ruby when I went a fished outside of Pacifidlog town, which I did only to spread Pokerus through pokemon that were to be pal parked...

At MeleeFC, I played this guy who led with a shiny ScarfCham... said he spent 4 hours chaining Medichams until he found one good enough to be competitive. Personally, I find that tale a little hard to swallow... said he chained well over 100 to get that one. Maybe I just don't have enough time to go a-chain'in :(

I had a shiny Gible once hatching eggs but it was accidently tossed because I wasn't paying attention and it wasn't the nature I wanted. I was a little miffed at the time but didn't bother me too much since they essentially look the same.

In Emerald, if you have a 'good' Trainer ID and secret ID, you can actually find shinies with disturbing regularity (well, compared to the rate of shinies you usually get) by soft-resetting.

In the other games, it is really difficult to get a shiny.
could you enlighten me as to how to determine a 'good' ID?

Its like that for everyone.
oh yah and a shiny graveler exploding on me in pearl....

The reason why the shiny Espeon is particularly bad is because when ever I fight there I see it. In the battle tower/frontier for RSE, each poke is randomly generated for the battle only.

I found a shiny zubat in red, a shiny vulpix in firered, and just recently I was breeding for a new Metagross, and boy did I ever luck out and hatch an adamant shiny bedlum with very good IVs! :D

Metagross is my favorite pokemon and I passed a few very good bedlums by and hatched way more than I should have in hopes of actually getting a shiny. It actually worked O_o

After I got over the initial shock and checked its IVs, and they turned out awesome, (31 Attack!) I just didn't know what to do with myself, I was so happy.

Also, my friend found a shiny weezing a few days ago on Stark Mountain. It exploded.

could you enlighten me as to how to determine a 'good' ID?
Im not sure how myself, but I do know what he means. A shiny is partially determined by your trainer ID number and such. This was discovered because when you hatch a shiny from an Egg, if you save before hatching it and trade it to hatch it in a different game, it probably wont be shiny in the other game (when the Pokemon has a different ID).

Someone first noticed this in ADV with a shiny Smeargle Egg he had in one version and he traded it to another of his games. I could have seen it for myself if I had only kept my shiny Poliwag Egg in Ruby unhatched for a while longer (until I got Fire Red), but oh well...

I found a shiny Wurmple about 20 minutes into my Ruby. That's the only shiny i've found myself. The rest were from trades.

I've had over 500 hours in my Emerald and nothing.

I have about 150 hours in my Diamond and also nothing.

I feel your pain. 150 hours on DP...44 of them looking for a shiney budew. I found one, finally. It was 15 Iv's accross the board, without natural cure or equivalent. That hurt, but it was my first non red gyarados shiney.

HOW DO YOU FIND A BLOODY SHINEY ROAMER OR STATIONARY (IE zapdos) LEGENDARY THAT IS SHINEY!

...if you answer that, I hate you. JK, lets trade lol.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I found a shiny Zubat on my first day with my Pearl.

But I had used all my Poké Balls on a random wild Onix (that I didn't manage to catch, and wouldn't use anyway) -_- There goes the pink Batman...

And I remember when I find the friggin' same shiny Meowth three times at the same week in my Silver. First, it died to a CH, second, HE killed me (don't ask how), third, the pokéballs ended.

My only shiny is a Shiny Mightyena.
Sad thing is, I got that from my Emerald game which has a whopping 10 hours on it, and I have no other shinies.

Hmm...

I've got a Shiny Rhyhorn that I caught on Victory Road in Crystal, and a Shiny Pidgey that I caught in Fire Red. I missed out on a shiny wurmple thanks to a critical hit. :(

You all have some bad luck!

Since sapphire, i have caught six shinies, bred two, and traded for another two (i've actually traded for seven, but five were obviously hacked). Of those ten, four are competitive quality:

Timid Gengar (caught, my pride and joy) with 29spa/31spd
Timid Venomoth (caught) with high IVs, don't remember them atm
Naughty Palkia (traded via GTS, japanese) with 27atk, 24spd, 31HP
Hasty Jolteon (bred) with 31spd, 30spa and HP grass

I never use that Jolteon. I already get enough hacker accusations because of my gengar (mostly from people that lose to it). Having those two on the same team will land me a date with madame guillotine.

You should try radar chains if you're desperate. I've caught two shinies using that method, one of which was my venomoth. Also, the GTS is a great place, and even if you end up with something hacked, you can always just put it back on the market for a rare pokemon and create a kind of 'trade chain'.

Shiny Machoke - Fire Red
Shiny Raticate - Speed EV Training
Shiny Bibarel - This one was a doozy. My sister was playing and she fools around a lot, one time she saw a light brown Bibarel and caught it. She named it "SHINYITINK" and put it in my box. I gave her half my allowance that day, made her happy.
Shiny Magickarp - Some guy on Seribii, traded for a female Eevee. ^.^ Nature sucks though, but at least I can showcase it.

Whoever thinks they're unlucky, I have played on all of my games for a combined total of 2500 hours (yes, I am sad and/or have a lot of time on my hands) and the only shinies I have had are G/S/C Gyarados and an Arcanine that I only got to use in Battle Factory.

I use two ev trained competative pokemon with proper natures (Staraptor and Gengar) I caught them with the pokeradar and using the syncronise natures trick.

I also own an Exploud, Marill, Numel and Spheal from Sapphire and Leafeon, Shinx, Luxray and Gastly from Diamond (pokeradar). I have also owned another shinx and 2 other Gastlys but I gave them away.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
The reason why the shiny Espeon is particularly bad is because when ever I fight there I see it. In the battle tower/frontier for RSE, each poke is randomly generated for the battle only.
That reminds me, I got a shiny Milotic once in the Battle Factory. Someone in the Trainer Tower also always has a shiny Seaking.

Not all shiny Pokemon are unusable competitively.

In Sapphire, I caught a shiny Ralts very early in the game. She was Modest, and all her IV are above 20, with her special attack being 31. The only thing that she does not have going for her is the Synchronize ability, instead of Trace.

Later in the game, I caught a shiny Feebas while trying to find a decently natured female one. Except her attack, all her other IV are above 20. The only problem was her having the Quiet nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)