End-of-Turn Effects

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
End-of-turn effects

1.0 Reflect wears off
1.1 Light Screen wears off
1.2 Safeguard fades
1.3 Tailwind ends

2.0 Wish

3.0 Hail, Rain, Sandstorm, or Sun message

4.0 Dry Skin, Hydration, Ice Body, Rain Dish

5.0 Gravity

6.0 Shed Skin, Speed Boost
6.1 Ingrain
6.2 Black Sludge, Leftovers
6.3 Leech Seed
6.4 Burn, Nightmare, Poison, Poison Heal
6.5 Flame Orb activation, Toxic Orb activation
6.6 Curse (from a Ghost)
6.7 Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Magma Storm, Sand Tomb, Whirlpool, Wrap
6.8 End of Outrage, Petal Dance, Thrash
6.9 Magnet Rise
6.10 Yawn
6.11 Sticky Barb

7.0 Doom Desire, Future Sight

8.0 Perish Song

9.0 Trick Room

10.0 Pokemon is switched in (if previous Pokemon fainted)
10.1 Toxic Spikes
10.2 Spikes
10.3 Stealth Rock

Now for an explanation:

If something has a priority of 4, it always goes before a 5. If it has a 2, it's always after a 1. Etc. However, for a faster Pokemon, their things within a 4, for example, will all go before a slower Pokemon's 4s. So Deoxys-S's Toxic Orb will activate before Shuckle's Ingrain, but Quagsire's Leftovers will be before its own Burn damage.

So in other words, if one Pokemon were to have all these things happening at once, it would happen in the order listed. But if two Pokemon of differing Speeds were to have all these happening, faster Pokemon gets all the 1 effects, then the slower Pokemon gets the 1 effects, faster Pokemon gets all the 2 effects, then the slower one, etc.

If the final Pokemon on each team faint to end-of-turn effects, the game is a draw if all Pokemon faint to the same effect, unless the fainting effect is in tier 6. If the Pokemon faint to different effects or the effect is in tier 6, then the end of the turn proceeds normally, and whichever Pokemon would faint last is declared the winner.

What determines the order a Pokemon is switched in to replace a fainted Pokemon? The only three scenarios I could imagine would be: Speed of previous Pokemon, Speed of Pokemon coming in, whoever makes the selection first comes in first. Assuming Trick Room does end before a Pokemon comes in, I don't imagine it being the Speed of the previous Pokemon, though.

Still need Bad Dreams, and a verification that Sticky Barb is 6.10 and not 7.0 (see if a faster Pokemon is hit by Future Sight before a slower one is affected by Sticky Barb).

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Pinch berries now activate immedately when the HP requirement is met.

Mewtwo uses Psychic
Jolteon is hit below 25%. Petaya Berry activates.
Jolteon uses Thunderbolt. This attack is effected by the stat boost.

I don't know off the top of my head if there are any other changes.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Pinch berries now activate immedately when the HP requirement is met.

Mewtwo uses Psychic
Jolteon is hit below 25%. Petaya Berry activates.
Jolteon uses Thunderbolt. This attack is effected by the stat boost.

I don't know off the top of my head if there are any other changes.
I was going to mention that, as well.

Protect/Detect's effect is assumed to end before any of these, correct?

Does the same go for shoddy? This is incredibly helpful.
EDIT: Nevermind my first paragraph, I better check more closely before posting stuff like what used to be here...

I know for a fact however, that hail -> leftovers is working correctly. Just won a battle in fact as some guy used subsitute to bring himself down to 1% hp, then hail hit him before leftovers.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Detect, Protect, and Endure all end before any of this kicks in.

The most helpful way to test this would be to put as many of these effects on one Pokemon as possible, and saying the order.

On shoddy, Wish happens after Sandstorm/Hail damage, that's for sure. After losing a few pokemon to that, I checked in game, and this post is definitely correct in regards to Wish - Weather Effects - Leftovers at least.

Actually, Wish even happens after Burn/Poison on shoddy as well. That can really suck when you're trying to get a Wish to a guts activated Heracross. =P

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
order of what I tested

1. sandstorm
2. leftovers
3. leech seed
4. toxic orb activation

1. reflect wore off (set up after screen in the same turn, same team)
2. light screen wore off (set up before reflect in the same turn, same team)
3. sandstorm damage
4. leftovers
5. leech seed
6. toxic damage
7. poison heal

obi

formerly david stone
Are you healed from Poison Heal the turn the Toxic Orb activates? If a Pokemon has Toxic Heal, does it still give some sort of message stating that the Pokemon is Poisoned, or do they just heal? It seems to me most likely that Poison Heal and Poison damage would be in the same turn (since it's impossible for a Pokemon to have both at once, if they are "next to each other", they are the same.

Are you healed from Poison Heal the turn the Toxic Orb activates? If a Pokemon has Toxic Heal, does it still give some sort of message stating that the Pokemon is Poisoned, or do they just heal? It seems to me most likely that Poison Heal and Poison damage would be in the same turn (since it's impossible for a Pokemon to have both at once, if they are "next to each other", they are the same.
No you are not healed in the same turn. Um I'm not sure about toxic heal or if that was a screw up but for poison heal it gives a message "POKEMON was badly poisoned by the Toxic Orb!" the turn that toxic orb activates. And so it heals at the end of the next turn and so on.

Peterko

Never give up!
sorry I should´ve mentioned that toxic orb/psn heal was on a breloom and everything else on a partner starmie...yeah toxic orb activates, but it goes after poison so no damage that turn, which also affects psn heal which will heal you next turn the first time

and also there´s no message that the pokémon is poisoned when psn heal is in play, it just heals with a psn heal message

the only way to find out whether psn heal takes the place of poison damage is to use a faster psn heal pokémon and a slower toxiced/poisoned partner/foe

EDIT: ok toxic orb activation is on the same priority place as poison damage, against a wild bidoof toxic orb activated before bidoof (slower), also psn heal HP recovery next turn was also first

poison/toxic damage, burn damage, toxic orb/flame orb activation and poison heal all have the same end turn priority, which one will go first depends on the speed (fastest first)

Peterko

Never give up!
TEST 1:
1. sandstorm
2. curse
3. sand tomb
4. yawn (fell asleep)

TEST 2:
1. sandstorm
2. poison
3. curse
4. sand tomb

TEST 3:
1. light screen
2. safeguard
3. wish
4. sandstorm
5. ingrain
6. leftovers
7. poison
8. sand tomb
9. yawn
10. future sight
11. perish count

TEST 4:
1. speed boost
2. leftovers

the first post list is correct except the yawn "fell asleep" message comes before future sight and what I said in the previous post, toxic/flame orb and psn heal = poison/burn damage (4.4)

obi

formerly david stone
Ah, knew I was forgetting something. I know Hydration comes after Rain's message, meaning you don't benefit from it the turn Rain ends.

obi

formerly david stone
Which happens first: A faster Pokemon falls to Sleep due to Yawn, or a slower Pokemon activates any of these:

4.0 Moist Body, Rain Dish, Shed Skin, Speed Boost
4.1 Ingrain
4.2 Leftovers

This will determine if Yawn ought to be 4.8 or 5.0.

how about Black Sludge? i assume it goes in the same tier as Leftovers recovery for Poison-types, but what about non-poisons who are getting wrecked by it?

obi

formerly david stone
It would make sense for it to be the same as the recovery, as it would likely be like "Do you have Black Sludge? If so, then heal Poisons and damage others."

Peterko

Never give up!
Which happens first: A faster Pokemon falls to Sleep due to Yawn, or a slower Pokemon activates any of these:

4.0 Moist Body, Rain Dish, Shed Skin, Speed Boost
4.1 Ingrain
4.2 Leftovers

This will determine if Yawn ought to be 4.8 or 5.0.
-> lagging tail ninjask speed bost activated after a pkmn fell asleep
-> faster pokémon leftovers activated & it fell asleep before leftovers activated on a slower pokémon
-> faster pokémon fell asleep before leftovers activated on a slower pokémon

I´m a bit confused now, this means that yawn is 4.8, right?

also, speed boost doesn´t activate the turn you switch it in, unless it was out for a whole turn (I mean sent out after a pkmn fainted)

1. hurt by black sludge
2. leech seed

1. black sludge recovery
2. leech seed

black sludge is like lefties

4.4 = 4.5 (I mean 4.5 should be 4.4), I mean they can´t happen at the same time, right? the orbs won´t activate when you´re already statused (yeah I toxiced a breloom holding toxic orb and there was no toxic orb message, only poison heal)

obi

formerly david stone
Flame Orb and Toxic Orb come after the status damage / healing because you are not damaged the turn they activate.

Yes, that means Yawn is 4.8.

So if Yawn is in the same tier as the others, what about Doom Desire / Future Sight? How to test: Get a Pokemon to use Doom Desire / Future Sight on a fast Pokemon. See if the faster Pokemon is hit by Future Sight before a slow Pokemon's Leftovers / Ingrain / status / whatever activates.

Peterko

Never give up!
slower leftovers activated before a faster pkmn was hit by future sight

1. wish
2. gravity
3. leftovers
4. future sight
5. trick room

1. sandstorm
2. leftovers (212 speed)
3. leftovers (210 speed)
4. electromagnetism wore off (210 speed)
5. future sight

1. sandstorm
2. gravity
3. leftovers
4. perish count
5. trick room

1. hail
2. leftovers
3. leech seed
4. burn
5. curse
6. electromagnetism wore off

1. curse
2. electromagnetism wore off
3. yawn

1. curse
2. wrap
3. electromagnetism wore off
4. yawn

so...

1.0 Reflect wears off
1.1 Light Screen wears off
1.2 Safeguard fades

2.0 Wish

3.0 Hail, Rain, Sandstorm, or Sun message

4.0 Gravity

5.0 Dry Skin, Hydration, Rain Dish, Shed Skin, Speed Boost*
5.1 Ingrain
5.2 Black Sludge, Leftovers
5.3 Leech Seed
5.4 Burn, Poison, Poison Heal
5.5 Flame Orb activation, Toxic Orb activation
5.6 Curse (from a Ghost)
5.7 Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Magma Storm, Sand Tomb, Whirlpool, Wrap
5.8 Magnet Rise
5.9 Yawn

6.0 Doom Desire, Future Sight

7.0 Perish Song

8.0 Trick Room

9.0 Pokemon is switched in (if previous Pokemon fainted)

Tailwind, Hydration, Dry Skin, Shed Skin left

obi

formerly david stone
Effects that need to be tested are: Tailwind ending, Dry Skin, and Hydration (I know it comes after Rain's message), Shed Skin activating. I was going to test some of this stuff for ADV, but I can't find my GBA. I'm assuming Shed Skin, Dry Skin, and Hydration are in the same slot as Rain Dish and Speed Boost, but this should be tested. The order that a Pokemon is effected by Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Toxic Spikes is also needed, I suppose.

What determines the order a Pokemon is switched in to replace a fainted Pokemon? The only three scenarios I could imagine would be: Speed of previous Pokemon, Speed of Pokemon coming in, whoever makes the selection first comes in first. Assuming Trick Room does end before a Pokemon comes in, I don't imagine it being the Speed of the previous Pokemon, though.

Does Speed Boost activate the turn it is gained through Skill Swap, Trace, or Roll Play?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)