Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

PSDuckie, take Neo the Chespin. Neo is - for lack of a better phrase - a computer nerd, always out to get the latest in technology. Whenever you obtain a TM, if it is possible for Neo to learn it, he must do so. As soon as possible, Neo must have a moveset consisting entirely of TM moves. Neo may evolve into Quilladin once this requirement has been met.

But there's more to Neo than flashy technology and questionable software. He's out looking for answers, and the first clue is found in Shalour City. Solo Korrina's Gym battle.

Fighting against Korrina has opened Neo's eyes; Kalos is nothing but a simulation, a tool to keep Pokemon and humans alike in line. He starts to gain some control over it and eventually can read the very code of Kalos itself. One particular line catches his eye - Bulletproof?! Neo rather likes the sound of that! If a Pokemon uses a move that would be blocked by Bulletproof, Neo must switch in and solo it. Achieving this at least once allows Neo to evolve into Chesnaught.

Finally, Neo must solo all Kadabra and Alakazam, unless this conflicts with another solo. There is no spoon.

In summary:
  • When you obtain a TM, immediately teach it to Neo (if able). HMs don't count for this purpose, but you can teach them if you want.
  • As soon as possible, Neo must always have four TM/HM moves. Neo may not evolve into Quilladin until this requirement has been fulfilled.
  • Solo Korrina's Gym battle.
  • If a Pokemon uses a move that would have been blocked by Bulletproof, Neo must switch in and solo it. Neo may evolve into Chesnaught after this has been done at least once.
  • Solo all Kadabra and Alakazam.
Accepted.

pretzel987 take Wall the Snorlax..

Wall is first found when Explorer foolishly decides he can blow away a Snorlax. After getting Wall down into the red HP, however, you realize that Wall could be a valuable team member and catch him before Explorer finishes him (to Explorer's eternal chagrin). To thank you, Wall decides to be your bulky attack absorber in battle forever.

Wall is just as unmovable as Explorer thinks he is when you find him. Wall may never switch in, ever. Or out. Any battles he participates in have to be led with. The only exception to this rule is if Explorer has just used Whirlwind. Wall is also intent on proving he can take attacks. No damaging moves until the opponent has done damage to you three times. Oh, and always carry Rest for dat recovery. And Sleep Talk, too. This allows Wall to do his favorite thing: sleeping. Finally, Wall needs to prove he is the very best like no wall ever was. Wulfric has an Avalugg that seems pretty damn bulky (until you see its type), so solo Wulfric entirely while asleep. Good luck!

Oof that solo sounds fun! XP

PS Naix Can Explorer's leading restrictions be bent in Gym battles that are being soloed? Otherwise Cookie's Solo the entire Gym rule will be hell XP

pretzel987, everybody, King Arthur has arisen once more in our time of need! However, the time streams have been crossed at some point, and the once human Arthur now takes the form of a Pokemon.

Take KingArthur, the Honedge. Arthur is as brave as he always was, but his untimely death to the blade of a great foe has taught him much about discretion in combat, so whenever possible, KingArthur may not be the first Pokemon sent out in a battle. Any further failure tempers his fighting spirit further, and so if KingArthur ever faints, he may no longer use Swords Dance from then on. However, he still fights with honour and always seeks to avenge his fallen comrades.KingArthur may not learn Shadow Sneak or Shadow Claw. Furthermore, KingArthur must learn and keep Retaliate. Whenever a teammate faints, KingArthur must switch in and use Retaliate against the Pokemon that caused the faint.

Of course, while sword-based revenge worked well in 6th century Britain, in the world of Pokemon it's not always as effective. After being embarrassed in a fight in which his blade had no effect, Arthur goes into training. To evolve into Doublade, KingArthur must use Retaliate against a Ghost type Pokemon while attempting to avenge a fallen teammate.

As a Doublade, KingArthur regains his fighting spirit, and may use Swords Dance again. Once again, if KingArthur ever faints, he may no longer use Swords Dance.

Things move along uneventfully from then on. That is, until you reach the Elite Four. KingArthur could swear he recognises somebody... that Aegislash owned by Wikstrom is the soldier that killed him all those centuries ago! Screw discretion - KingArthur evolves into Aegislash upon reaching the Pokemon League and loses the "first Pokemon" and Swords Dance restrictions. KingArthur must solo Wikstrom's Aegislash.

In summary:
  • KingArthur cannot be among the first Pokemon sent out in a battle, where possible. This includes alternate formats such as Doubles, Triples, etc.
  • If KingArthur ever faints, he may no longer use Swords Dance.
  • KingArthur may not learn Shadow Sneak or Shadow Claw.
  • KingArthur must learn and keep Retaliate. Whenever a teammate faints, KingArthur must switch in and use Retaliate against the Pokemon causing the faint.
  • To evolve into Doublade, use Retaliate against a Ghost type while avenging a teammate according to the above rule.
  • As a Doublade, may regain the use of Swords Dance. But, he can still lose access to it again if he faints after evolving.
  • To evolve into Aegislash, reach the Pokemon League.
  • As an Aegislash, lose the "first Pokemon" and Swords Dance restrictions.
  • Solo Wikstrom's Aegislash.
Optional extras (in case the above is just too easy!):
  • Must always keep Swords Dance, even if KingArthur can't use it.
  • KingArthur may not learn any Ghost-type moves.
  • Evolving into Doublade also requires the Ghost-type Pokemon to be owned by a Trainer.
  • Evolving into Doublade also requires KingArthur to be fainted by the Ghost-type Pokemon.
  • Keep the Swords Dance restriction upon evolving into Aegislash (not for the faint-hearted)(pun semi-intended). (Maybe)

You know how there's a level 3 Pidgey you're forced to run into before meeting up with Shauna and your main Rival? Yeah, catch it and nickname it Explorer. You see, this Pidgey, ever since it was a hatchling, always wanted to explore the world, and seeing an up-and-coming Trainer such as yourself approaching gave it a way to do this, so it chose to accompany said Trainer with no resistance (read: Catch Explorer before it can use a move).

After Explorer enters the party, it forces itself into the front slot whenever in an unexplored area, including dungeons and Gyms (the determining factor for if something's explored or not is whether or not all the trainers in that route were fought). If another party member has an issue with (read: a required solo),Explorer will step out of the front slot to accommodate. If Explorer faints while leading the party, it gets incredibly frustrated at you and decides to solo two Trainers in the next area without the aid of items.

When the progress-blocking Snorlax rears its head, Explorer is naturally furious, but to the point where it elects to literally blow it away by itself. Of course, Explorer would try Whirlwind, but Snorlax was deemed to heavy for Whirlwind to do any good, forcing Explorer to settle for just soloing it.

Angered by its own inability to simply get rid of Snorlax via Whirlwind, Explorer vowed to hone its capabilities in this regard by starting every battle with either Gust, Whirlwind, or Twister for three turns in a row. Explorer additionally decides to set benchmarks for itself: specifically, phazing at least 6 trainer-owned Pokemon of each type (1 type per Pokemon, please! If the Whirlwinded Mon has two types, flip a coin. Heads, primary type is counted, tails, the reverse), and at least 2 Pokemon owned by all Gym Leaders who aren't soloed by someone else (because this is the second Scramblemon in question, this restriction is low-priority in comparison to other solo challenges). The above two challenges do not contribute to each other, so Whirlwinding Wulfric's Avalugg doesn't count toward the Ice-types you need to Whirlwind. They aren't mandatory, but they are required for evolution (1 of them for Pidgeotto, both for Pidgeot). After becoming a Pidgeot, Explorer must learn Hurricane ASAP and start all of its fights with it.

Confident in its abilities, Explorer decides to give itself what it sees to be the ultimate challenge: Wikstrom. Phaze all of his Pokemon and solo them after each one gets Whirlwinded (Aegislash doesn't count for either aspects of this, since it's already reserved to be soloed).

pretzel987 take Cookie Lover the Gulpin.

This Gulpin loves to eat cookies, and is searching for the perfect recipe. Solo Ramos' and Valerie's Gyms (with the exception of Valerie herself) to evolve, as Ramos and Valerie have the first two parts of the recipe. Siebold has the third part, so solo him too. As for moves, no Poison-type moves for obvious reasons. This restriction stays in effect both for Gulpin and Swalot.

Anyways, pretzel987, you get Insanity the Spoink.

Insanity happens to be fairly crazy, and he hates to be different. As he is insane, the only answer is thus to make everyone else insane too, right? This, ASAP, he must learn confuse Ray and use all possible pokemon. If he doesn't get to confuse the enemy, he will confuse your allies instead! If Insanity doesn't confuse an enemy the first turn the enemy is out, your current pokemon must use random move via random.org (1 is top left, 3 is bottom left) also, you cannot send him in to confuse on a solo :P. Also, since he is a little crazed, he believes that every battle is an inverse battle! Thus, he must solo all non-soloed dark types. He also happens to have a need to price himself the most insane, so have him solo Valerie, who is obviously crazy, before you can evolve into grumpig. Once it becomes grumpig, it becomes paranoid on top of being insane! If it is ever hit by a physical move, it must switch ASAP, for it believes everyone wants to eat him! After all, he is basically bacon/pork. He must also learn thunder wave and must use that and confuse ray on all pokemon. The penalty remains the same. He must also now be the highest leveled pokemon, to intimidate others into not eating him (hey, it's practically my signature challenge, so why not throw it on? XD) Finally, it must help it's teammates, especially explorer, and as such, he must learn rain dance, never forget it, and use it whenever possible, so the hurricane can always hit.

Good Luck. Muahahahahaha!

Wall is first found when Explorer foolishly decides he can blow away a Snorlax. After getting Wall down into the red HP, however, you realize that Wall could be a valuable team member and catch him before Explorer finishes him (to Explorer's eternal chagrin). To thank you, Wall decides to be your bulky attack absorber in battle forever.

Wall is just as unmovable as Explorer thinks he is when you find him. Wall may never switch in, ever. Or out. Any battles he participates in have to be led with. The only exception to this rule is if Explorer has just used Whirlwind. Wall is also intent on proving he can take attacks. No damaging moves until the opponent has done damage to you three times. Oh, and always carry Rest for dat recovery. And Sleep Talk, too. This allows Wall to do his favorite thing: sleeping. Finally, Wall needs to prove he is the very best like no wall ever was. Wulfric has an Avalugg that seems pretty damn bulky (until you see its type), so solo Wulfric entirely while asleep. Good luck!

Just defeated Brawly in my Omega Ruby run. Miner has definitely been the MVP so far; learning Psybeam so early meant he had no problem soloing Roxanne and a little Quick Claw hax went a long way to beating Brawly with it too. Healthy has been decent too, especially now I've built up a decent stock of Oran Berries to help work around the Pokemon Centre restriction. This smooth progress will no doubt grind to a halt as soon as I reach Mauville and the Wattson solo :)

Ouch... that battle started so well, too. Best of luck in the rematch!

I just found out that you can buy a Thunder Wave TM in Slateport Market, so Miner has now met his Electric-type move requirement (now knows Conversion 2 / Tackle / Psybeam / Thunder Wave). Conversion 2 is pretty gimmicky but if a battle is going to last a long time it's often really good against the AI. It'll get replaced eventually since I want to learn both Recover and Signal Beam, but I think I'm going to miss it.

Bumping this up a few pages. Took a few days off for a job interview.

Party Rules:
Take Gentleman the Totodile.
Gentleman is of the highest echelon of scociety, and that comes with certain requirements. Gentleman must only have status and special moves ASAP. He must always be of a higher level then the rest of your team. He must also never faint. Finally, he must never use the same move twice in a battle.
If you ever fail to keep up any of these rules, you must immediately change its name to Thug. He can now only know physical moves. Also, your party now hates him and thus, he can now never battle unless he is the last remaining pokemon on the team.

Either way, he must solo Bruno.

Have fun!

StompIt must know Stomp at all times

· Whenever StompIt leads a battle or switches in, it must use Stomp

· StompIt hates the ice, despite his heritage. Whenever you battle an ice-type Pokemon, StompIt must switch in and land a Stomp on it.

· Whenever StompIt becomes confused or HP dips under 25%, it becomes panicked and can only use Stomp. You may not switch out or use items.

· StompIt must solo Pryce

Kid Flash must have the ability Speed Boost.

Kid Flash must have the moves Agility(if possible) and Double Team.

Solo Calire's Dragonair without Double Team or Agility to evolve.

Kid Flash must solo 2 E4 Pokemon.

Wisest thinks he is wiser than all other Flying types. He must solo all Flying-types. This includes soloing the entire Violet City Gym. After soloing Falkner, Wisest can evolve.

Once a Noctowl, Wisest can only use Flying-type or Psychic-type moves.
Oh, and Lance gives Flying-types a bad name. Solo him too.

Hey Dexington! Catch a Venonat and name it "Arctia", it must know Poison Powder until Arctia has made 49 Pokemon faint due to poison damage. If male, it must learn Gust and keep it. If female, it must learn Leech Life and keep it. When Arctia's HP gets to critical, it must use whatever move is on the top right moveslot (you're allowed to edit the moveslots).

RYNO the Rhyhorn.
For all you non-RaC fans out there, this Rhyhorn's name stands for Rip Ya a New One, and he does indeed love to rip you new ones. Plenty of them. He doesn't like getting all hands-on though, and prefers to send a bunch of projectiles at his enemies. Thus, he must learn and keep Rock Blast, and may not use any contact moves. To evolve, revenge kill 5 Pokemon, as it truly gets fired up at the thought of revenge.

Once you evolve into Rhydon, learn and keep Surf and Whirlpool in addition to Rock Blast. Rhydon's new pastime is ripping through waves on its surfboard, and even though it's 4x weak to water and would probably break any real-life surfboard it tries to stand on, it can still learn Surf. Go figure. Oh, and you also have to use Surf or Whirlpool first every time you hit the battlefield because it just loves catching waves (that don't do any damage).

Current Progress

Just started the game. Picked Gentleman, the Totodile, who is ironically a female. I do plan on going the only status moves, since having a Pokemon who can only be used when everyone else is fainted is surprisingly more useless. After the opening stuff, beat the rival and caught my Hoothoot, also female. Both are Bold natured. Lots of other Hoothoot to beat with Wisest at night on my way to Violet City.

Holy shit I just realized that said status and special moves. Instantly not hating that challenge anymore lol. Just went through Sprout Tower with Gentleman and Wisest. Used Gentleman to beat the Elder's first Bellsprout so Wisest wouldn't pass him on levels. I'll need to grind a bit before having Wisest solo the gym.

Soloing Falkner's gym was fairly simple. Just grinded them both up to 16 (just to satisfy Gentleman's rules) and after a lot of pecking and growling and... hypnosizing?, Falkner's Pidgeotto went down. Now I will continue on to Bugsy. Won't be catching another Pokemon until Whitney though, where I will get both Yanma and Venonat. Wade will love my bugs.

Getting through the cave was really simple with Gentleman and Wisest, only have to swap in Wisest on the random Zubats and killing everything else with watergun. The same applied with beating Team Rocket in the well. Gentleman evolved somewhere in there against the Rockets. Solo'd the whole gym with Wisest, using peck. The only big issue was Scyther, who's attack would cut through Hoothoot's poor defenses. With a combination of Hypnosis, Reflect and Peck, she was able to take down Bugsy.

The rival fight was a bit more difficult. I used Wisest to beat the opening Gastly, knowing he can't hit normal types. He then sent out Zubat, who went down to Uproar in two hits. Knowing that Bayleef has reflect, I had to switch in Gentleman, who survived through 3 razor leafs (and a synthesis and reflect on the first turn) to get off 5 leers before switching in Wisest again, who got a critical hit OHKO peck. Shortly after this fight I evolved Wisest in the forest.

My first stop after passing Azalea was the bug catching contest to catch a Venonat. I found one after 9 minutes, 3 Pinsirs, 2 Beedrills and a Butterfree. Would've been a good Nuzlocke run cause a Pinsir showed up first. Oh well. Got third place even though I didn't hit the damn thing. Of course the winner caught a Paras. Arctia the Venonat is caught! Male (meaning gust) and Rash nature, which is pretty okay.

Now I'll be soft resetting with time changes after work to get a Yanma swarm before I face Whitney. Took two hours but I finally found a Yanma. Over that time I caught a Ditto, knowing the one I caught likely won't have Speed Boost. Behold, it did not. So I bred the Yanma, who turned out to be female anyway, with Arctia. So now we have some father/daughter interactions. Off to grind Kid Flash up to an acceptable level.

I bought Blizzard for Gentleman, so that I can use more than water gun once per fight. I grinded Kid Flash up high enough to give him Sonic Boom. In the battle against Whitney, I used the time against Clefairy to max out double team, then swept both it and Miltank with Sonic Boom. Luckily Miltank only hit one move, stomp, and Clefairy hit none.

After beating the Sudowoodo with Gentleman (water gun and blizzard), I caught a Stantler. Got an adamant nature. I used Stomp It and Kid Flash to beat the two double battles, healed, beat the Rocket member in the theatre to get surf for Gentleman, then went to fight the rival.

I opened with Stomp It against Gastly, sadly had to use stomp first, then killed it when it cursed and I astonished. He sends out Bayleef and I send out Kid Flash. I use double team a few times and still get hit by poison powder. Luckily, I finish him off with 3 sonic booms before his stupid critical hit magical leafs can finish me off. Since I don't have a Magnemite counter, I sent out Gentleman to muscle him out. Surf is a OHKO. Finally, Wisest has to kill the Zubat, which is a OHKO with Confusion.

Morty's gym has always been the easiest gym in the game. No Pokemon in the gym can hit normal types outside of sucker punch, and if you really need to you can just stall those out. So, I solo'd the whole thing with Stomp It, only switching him out for Wisest when Morty's first Haunter got Stomp It down to 1 HP with curse.

Not much to report after beating Morty. Just leveling Stomp It and Kid Flash mostly. Going over that lake route was pretty bad since I don't really have moves to beat water types. I mostly just used Stomp and Sonic Boom, healed and kept doing that. I beat the whole gym with Kid Flash Supersonic and Sonic Boom. Chuck was a bit crazy. Kid Flash and Primeape both double teamed to max, then just spent the whole time not hitting each other. After ten minutes of crap, he hit himself and I hit a Sonic Boom. I also poisoned the Poliwrath and switched to Wisest who confused the Poliwrath. The poison killed him which is another notch on the belt. Now off to fight whats his name.

I see why sleep clause is a thing, cause Eusine is annoying as fuck. Kid Flash took out Drowzee after some hypnosis crap. Arctia took out Electrode with poison powder but died in the process. No XP :(. Gentleman took out Haunter with Surf then Blizzard after some more hypnosis crap. Now I'm off to beat Jasmine to open the safari zone.

I forgot that delivering the potion opened the safari zone. Luckily, I need Rhyhorn to beat Jasmine cause all of my Pokemon are weak to electric or can't hit steel. I did the first challenge, but Baoba won't call me back for the second challenge so I can move the zones around to get Rhyhorn. Might just need to wait I guess?

In the mean time, knowing I can't beat jasmine yet, I decided to go to take out the rockets. Just beat the Red Gyarados with poison powder. Lance dragged me down to the hidden rocket base which I had no difficulty with. Really nothing worth mentioning there. I mostly powered through the gym using Stomp It, to get him some levels so as to solo Pryce with ease. Stomp 2HKO's Seel to start off. A combination of confuse ray/hypnosis and lots of stomps take down the other two after a long fight. Hail was pretty annoying, but luckily Piloswine has no special attack to abuse blizzard with. Dewgong was much easier, though took a bit to kill because of rest.

Still no word from Baoba. Guess I'm not getting my Rhyhorn until Victory Road. Off to battle those Rockets in Goldenrod then since I still can't kill those damn Magnemites of Janine.

So I leveled Gentleman a little bit so that he would be able to OHKO everything that Janine has, while holding Mystic Water. I'll choose now to mention that I took that no reusing moves in a battle as per Pokemon in a battle. Otherwise I'd be ripping my face off with annoyance. So, yeah, 3 OHKO's with Surf. Now off to kill the Rockets, since Baoba still doesn't have the second test ready so I can catch my damn Rhyhorn.

Holy crap after beating the second Rocket grunt in Goldenrod he finally called me. Going to catch Rhyhorn now. Got my Rhyhorn, sadly he is very underleveled. So I strapped the Exp Share to him and went to beat the rest of the Rockets.

Most of the Rockets were simple. Highlight was beating that one Porygon with a level 19 Rhyhorn. Gentleman OHKO'd all of Petrel's Koffing with Surf, and took out Weezing with a Surf/Blizzard combo. In the battle with the Rival, RYNO took out Magnemite with Fire Blast, Arctia took out Meganium with Poison Powder after a while, Wisest took out Golbat and Haunter with Confusion/Hypnosis and Gentleman took out Sleasel with Surf/Blizzard.

Against Ariana, Wisest took out both Arbok (with confusion) and Murkrow (with Air Slash). I decided to lead with RYNO against Archer to try and take out the first Houndour for good XP. 2 Rock Blasts actually managed to take him out. Switched to Arctia to take out the Koffing with Psybeam. Figured I'd try out RYNO again on Houndoom, only a 10 level deficit. ROFL 5 hit rock blast with a last hit critical and he goes down with one move! RIP Rockets.

Current Party
Wisest the Noctowl
Level 31
Bold
Keen Eye
-Confusion
-Air Slash
-Fly
-Hypnosis

Gentleman the Feraligatr
Level 36
Bold
Torrent
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Roar
-Hail

Arctia the Venomoth
Level 31
Rash
Compoundeyes
-Sleep Powder
-Gust
-Psybeam
-Poison Powder

Pokemon killed with poison Powder:
Camper Elliot's Sandshrew
Camper Elliot's Marill
Juggler Irwin's Voltorb
Juggler Irwin's Voltorb
Pokefan Beverly's Snubull
Pokefan's Raichu
Super Nerd's Lickitung
Super Nerd Teru's Voltorb
Lass Dana's Psyduck
Psychic Nelson's Slowpoke
Leader Chuck's Poliwrath
Eusine's Electrode
Red Gyarados
Rival's Meganium

Kid Flash the Yanma
Level 30
Docile
Speed Boost
-Protect
-Swagger
-Uproar
-Double Team

Stomp It the Stantler
Level 33
Adamant
Intimidate
-Stomp
-Astonish
-Confuse Ray
-Hypnosis

RYNO the Rhyhorn
Level 28
Serious
Rock Head
-Rock Blast
-Tail Whip
-Stomp
-Fire Blast

Last edited:
Hitmonleet, I shall give u 24 hours to give me a scramblemon, or i will give the opportunity to someone else!

pretzel987, everybody, King Arthur has arisen once more in our time of need! However, the time streams have been crossed at some point, and the once human Arthur now takes the form of a Pokemon.

Take KingArthur, the Honedge. Arthur is as brave as he always was, but his untimely death to the blade of a great foe has taught him much about discretion in combat, so whenever possible, KingArthur may not be the first Pokemon sent out in a battle. Any further failure tempers his fighting spirit further, and so if KingArthur ever faints, he may no longer use Swords Dance from then on. However, he still fights with honour and always seeks to avenge his fallen comrades.KingArthur may not learn Shadow Sneak or Shadow Claw. Furthermore, KingArthur must learn and keep Retaliate. Whenever a teammate faints, KingArthur must switch in and use Retaliate against the Pokemon that caused the faint.

Of course, while sword-based revenge worked well in 6th century Britain, in the world of Pokemon it's not always as effective. After being embarrassed in a fight in which his blade had no effect, Arthur goes into training. To evolve into Doublade, KingArthur must use Retaliate against a Ghost type Pokemon while attempting to avenge a fallen teammate.

As a Doublade, KingArthur regains his fighting spirit, and may use Swords Dance again. Once again, if KingArthur ever faints, he may no longer use Swords Dance.

Things move along uneventfully from then on. That is, until you reach the Elite Four. KingArthur could swear he recognises somebody... that Aegislash owned by Wikstrom is the soldier that killed him all those centuries ago! Screw discretion - KingArthur evolves into Aegislash upon reaching the Pokemon League and loses the "first Pokemon" and Swords Dance restrictions. KingArthur must solo Wikstrom's Aegislash.

In summary:
  • KingArthur cannot be among the first Pokemon sent out in a battle, where possible. This includes alternate formats such as Doubles, Triples, etc.
  • KingArthur must learn and keep Retaliate. Whenever a teammate faints, KingArthur must switch in and use Retaliate against the Pokemon causing the faint.
  • To evolve into Doublade, use Retaliate against a Ghost type while avenging a teammate according to the above rule.
  • As a Doublade, may regain the use of Swords Dance. But, he can still lose access to it again if he faints after evolving.
  • Evolving into Doublade also requires the Ghost-type Pokemon to be owned by a Trainer.
  • Evolving into Doublade also requires KingArthur to be fainted by the Ghost-type Pokemon.
  • Keep the Swords Dance restriction upon evolving into Aegislash (not for the faint-hearted)(pun semi-intended). (Maybe)

You know how there's a level 3 Pidgey you're forced to run into before meeting up with Shauna and your main Rival? Yeah, catch it and nickname it Explorer. You see, this Pidgey, ever since it was a hatchling, always wanted to explore the world, and seeing an up-and-coming Trainer such as yourself approaching gave it a way to do this, so it chose to accompany said Trainer with no resistance (read: Catch Explorer before it can use a move).

After Explorer enters the party, it forces itself into the front slot whenever in an unexplored area, including dungeons and Gyms (the determining factor for if something's explored or not is whether or not all the trainers in that route were fought). If another party member has an issue with (read: a required solo),Explorer will step out of the front slot to accommodate. If Explorer faints while leading the party, it gets incredibly frustrated at you and decides to solo two Trainers in the next area without the aid of items.

When the progress-blocking Snorlax rears its head, Explorer is naturally furious, but to the point where it elects to literally blow it away by itself. Of course, Explorer would try Whirlwind, but Snorlax was deemed to heavy for Whirlwind to do any good, forcing Explorer to settle for just soloing it.

Angered by its own inability to simply get rid of Snorlax via Whirlwind, Explorer vowed to hone its capabilities in this regard by starting every battle with either Gust, Whirlwind, or Twister for three turns in a row. Explorer additionally decides to set benchmarks for itself: specifically, phazing at least 6 trainer-owned Pokemon of each type (1 type per Pokemon, please! If the Whirlwinded Mon has two types, flip a coin. Heads, primary type is counted, tails, the reverse), and at least 2 Pokemon owned by all Gym Leaders who aren't soloed by someone else (because this is the second Scramblemon in question, this restriction is low-priority in comparison to other solo challenges). The above two challenges do not contribute to each other, so Whirlwinding Wulfric's Avalugg doesn't count toward the Ice-types you need to Whirlwind. They aren't mandatory, but they are required for evolution (1 of them for Pidgeotto, both for Pidgeot). After becoming a Pidgeot, Explorer must learn Hurricane ASAP and start all of its fights with it.

Confident in its abilities, Explorer decides to give itself what it sees to be the ultimate challenge: Wikstrom. Phaze all of his Pokemon and solo them after each one gets Whirlwinded (Aegislash doesn't count for either aspects of this, since it's already reserved to be soloed).

This Gulpin loves to eat cookies, and is searching for the perfect recipe. Solo Ramos' and Valerie's Gyms (with the exception of Valerie herself) to evolve, as Ramos and Valerie have the first two parts of the recipe. Siebold has the third part, so solo him too. As for moves, no Poison-type moves for obvious reasons. This restriction stays in effect both for Gulpin and Swalot.

Insanity happens to be fairly crazy, and he hates to be different. As he is insane, the only answer is thus to make everyone else insane too, right? This, ASAP, he must learn confuse Ray and use all possible pokemon. If he doesn't get to confuse the enemy, he will confuse your allies instead! If Insanity doesn't confuse an enemy the first turn the enemy is out, your current pokemon must use random move via random.org (1 is top left, 3 is bottom left) also, you cannot send him in to confuse on a solo :P. Also, since he is a little crazed, he believes that every battle is an inverse battle! Thus, he must solo all non-soloed dark types. He also happens to have a need to price himself the most insane, so have him solo Valerie, who is obviously crazy, before you can evolve into grumpig. Once it becomes grumpig, it becomes paranoid on top of being insane! If it is ever hit by a physical move, it must switch ASAP, for it believes everyone wants to eat him! After all, he is basically bacon/pork. He must also learn thunder wave and must use that and confuse ray on all pokemon. The penalty remains the same. He must also now be the highest leveled pokemon, to intimidate others into not eating him (hey, it's practically my signature challenge, so why not throw it on? XD) Finally, it must help it's teammates, especially explorer, and as such, he must learn rain dance, never forget it, and use it whenever possible, so the hurricane can always hit.

PS Hitmonleet (woot double tag) when u say also, you cannot send him in to confuse on a solo does that mean during a solo there is no random penalty or that I am FORCED to have the random penalty?

Hitmonleet, I shall give u 24 hours to give me a scramblemon, or i will give the opportunity to someone else!

In summary:

PS Hitmonleet (woot double tag) when u say also, you cannot send him in to confuse on a solo does that mean during a solo there is no random penalty or that I am FORCED to have the random penalty?
It depends on how you want to do it. I personally promote the latter, but the former is also good.

It depends on how you want to do it. I personally promote the latter, but the former is also good.
we'll see how it ends up going XD I sense insane conflict with Explorer

#do as much as you can be4 Route 8 where I have to get a Spoink

Know what? Imma write a prosaic prologue XD

Brett stared out of the window as the plane took off out of Mistralton City. He was looking forward to his adventures in Kalos, but was not looking forward to the paparazzi. Everywhere he went it was the same. Everyone knew who he was, as famous for being mute as for his trainer skills. He glanced down at the Pokeball that he was holding, and sighed. He was going to have to leave his Pokemon in the PC and start fresh. It was almost like a game show. The Pokeball rustled slightly. It's OK, we've had a great run together. Brett smiled down at the Pokeball, holding Surfer the Dewott. Glad I have your approval. I'll be back in Unova soon. He stared out of the window as they flew over Nacrene, and smiled as he thought of Lifesaver, Threadshot, OlReliable, Expired, and Laura, under the care of Lenora. Surfer would be with them soon.
The plane set down in a small airport, and Skyla shouted back from the cockpit. "Sorry dude, Kalos has no airports, so we're gonna have to get you in by helicopter. Don't worry, I can fly those too!" Brett flashed her the thumbs up, thankful that she was going out of her time to fly him over. The helicopter ride only took about fifteen minutes, and before he knew it he was in Lumiose. "Sycamore's office is dead ahead!" Skyla shouted over the roar of the helicopter. Brett nodded in thanks and stepped out, ducking his head so that no one noticed him. He would brave the paparazzi after meeting Sycamore.
"Ah, it looks like you managed to evade the media."
Brett nodded with a smile on his face.
"So, we all know that the point of this is to run the Gym Leader gauntlet, but we have some other requests for you. There are one or two pokemon that we feel that you, with your specific skill set, will be a good trainer towards. We'll show you the first one now."
Sycamore showed Brett to the back room, where a Pidgey was sleeping.
"This Pidgey is pretty unstable. We think that it wants to see the outside world, but we don't have anyone qualified for it."
Brett nodded, and reached down to a notepad in his pocket. He jotted down some notes, and showed them to Sycamore.
"Why of course! You just got here, you probably will need a few days of rest. I heard that there's a family in Vaniville town that is renting out an apartment. You could probably get a few day's rest there."
Brett shook Sycamore's hand, and walked outside. Before he could get to a taxi, he was ambushed by the media.
"Brett! Is it true that you can talk, but choose not to?"
"Brett! Is it true that you can speak telepathically to your pokemon?"
"Brett! Is it true that you once beat all 8 gym leaders and became Champion in only 2 days?"
Brett ducked his head and rushed to the taxi that was waiting nearby.
"Ah, its you. Sycamore told me. Vaniville?"
Brett nodded, and the taxi driver floored it, managing to avoid the crowd and sparing Brett any more attention.
When they got to Vaniville, Brett nodded his thanks, and knocked on the farthest door on the right. He was looking forward to spending the next day or two in a quiet environment, away from the paparazzi.

And I have an update to my White!

-My name is CHLANGE. Horray for abbreviations!

-Time to choose Surfer the Oshawott!

-Jeez, I've never seen a room this messy. Mom will take care of it though!

-Training……

-Ghetsis' weird speech…

-Hey, N, I just one-shot you. Leave.

-More training…

-Challenge the Gym leader! Pansage narrowly defeats me.

-Angry at his loss, Oshawott crits two times in a row to snag a victory on the second try from Cilan! Yay, Badge!

Aw, man, I need another pokemon to continue and do the double battle? Well, free Pansear then.

Filler (Pansear)
Lv 10
Hasty Nature
-Scratch
-Leer
-Lick
-Incinerate

Now that the double battle is done, off to the box you go! Bye!

I've always had trouble with the 2nd gym. I really don't know what it is. Yes, I didn't understand the game and died to Misty by trying to catch her Starmie, and Bugsy was easy, but Brawly was pretty difficult. And LENORA! GOD DAMN LENORA! I swear to god she is a hacker. I usually lose to her even with level AND TYPE ADVANTAGE! I really don't get why she's so difficult for me. I just don't.

TL; DR: I hate Lenora.

LIFESAVER used Work Up!
LIFESAVER's Attack rose!
LIFESAVER's Special Attack rose!

Watchog used Crunch!
LIFESAVER's Defense fell!

CHLANGE used Super Potion!
LIFESAVER's HP was restored!

Watchog used Crunch!

Watchog used Crunch!
A critical hit!
LIFESAVER's DEFENSE FELL!!!!!

Watchog used Crunch!
A CRITICAL HIT!
LIFESAVER FAINTED!!!!

so… yeah… Lenora was a struggle. But I eventually made it (with secret power parahaxing)

Jesus, Team Plasma has a lot of representatives. And none of them have the skull! But, in Pinwheel forest, we do find LAURA and THREADSHOT. Yay!

Finally reach Castelia city. Bianca, go find your own Munna. Jeez.

Off to the gym! But first, let's grind the three dancers and raise THREADSHOT's friendliness.

Gym was pathetically easy. Laura soloing Burgh's Dwebble was probably the hardest thing, but leech seed shenanigans come through yet again. Yay we beat Burgh! Let's teach struggle bug to THREADSHOT even though she will probably never even use it.

Route 4. Lets hit all of these trainers before fighting Cheren. On the way, Laura gets her Basculin and Timburr solos in. Nice.
Cheren goes down fast, servine doesn't stand a chance against THREADSHOT. Oh wait, gotta go back to Castelia to get the XP share.

I am a ninja. I sucsessfully evaded every single trainer on Route 4 like a boss.

Let's beat that Team Plasma dude. I'm not doing it to be nice, I'm doing it for the bike.
Time to completely ignore Bianca's life story.

Ooh look! N's a baddie! Why can't I toss him out of the Ferris wheel RIGHT NOW?

N gets swamped. Sorry dude, but levels are sort of important.

Onto Elesa! She would be a cake walk, if not for…

FUCKING DOUBLE TEAM!

that took much longer than it should have, but we got it done. And THREADSHOT evolved.

Battle Cheren! Easy. Alder comes over, and Cheren goes all stubborn mode on him. Time to beat up these kids. Sorry, kids.

Ooh, new route=new pokes! Introducing EXPIRED and OlRELIABLE to the team! Oh and I have a stone, so OlReliable is evolved. With Cute Charm. Might come in handy.
Ooh yay EXPIRED has Toxic Spikes. Brycen shenanigans inbound.

Ok, I don't like the cold storage. I'm a tropical person. Lemme just kill these guys, then I'm out.

Off to challenge Clay! On the way, LAURA smacks a few Drilbur, so that solo's out of the way.

lmao. Laura wrecked everything up until Excadrill, which went down to SURFER and LIFESAVER's RNjesus abilities. That Secret Power Paralyze chance tho.

Oh and THREADSHOT likes me enough now, so I have a Leavanny.

Ooh, Bulldoze! I am so not using you, sorry.

Off to challenge Skyl… wait a second…
THREADSHOT: 4X weak to flying
LAURA: 2X weak to flying
EXPIRED: Underleveled
OlRELIABLE: Underleveled
SURFER: No flying coverage
LIFESAVER: No flying coverage

oh boy… guess we have to rely on LIFESAVER's being over leveled and parahaxing. Anyways, back to ChargeStone cave. Good thing repels exist, but Team Plasma tis be a nuisance.

N is a dick to professors.

Enter the city!

Skyla is a dick to gym challengers.

Well, at least I can solo a Litwick at the Tower of Whatchamacallit.

1 HOUR LATER…

dammit I have to go BACK DOWN THE TOWER? ugh…

Finally we are at the gym! Let the slugfest begin.

LIFESAVER used Secret Power!

Gym trainers with attract are dicks to the one pokemon that can do anything against Skyla.

Unfezant fainted.

You defeated Skyla!

FINALLY!!

UGH… noone likes Twist Mountain… But I have surf now, so SURFER HAS EVOLVED!

ooh look, winter causes a snow drift that LITERALLY LETS YOU SKIP THE WHOLE MOUNTAIN!!!!

ok, Iccirus city…

ooh look, winter only rare candy and was it a max revive? I forget.

Oh my, EXPIRED has to solo Brycen. Well, lets try this.
Toxic spikes up, and acid spray shenanigans take out Pokemon 1
Toxic shenanagins take out Beartic.
Ooh look, Cryognal has levitate!
Acid spray+Regenerating heal-em-up tank in LIFESAVER+just having bought 50 Hyper Potions and Revives=Cryognal (finally) down.

Lol EXPIRED can't even evolve if i wanted him to! Eh...
Ooh, look, Team Plasma again! yay…

Ooh, N has a new friend. Care to introduce us? I guess not.

So… I have to get back to Castelia? This looks like a job for…

FLY SLAVE (Ducklett)
Lv *noone cares*
*noone cares* nature
-Fly
-*noone cares*
-*noone cares*
-*noone cares*

Thank god I picked him up when I did. Pansear needed some company in the Filler Box.

Relic Castle is a dick to explorers.

Ok, got that over with, lets move on! Ooh look, Shelmet appear in the puddles on the next route!

Puddles are frozen in winter. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

After many hours of Interneting, there is literally one trainer in the entire region with a Shelmet. I find him, I crush his hopes and dreams, and evolve Laura!

Ooh another good part of winter: Sliding physics let me evade every trainer on the route until Bianca.

Hey… Bianca… Your Emboar was good in the anime. But not here. Just go be Juniper's bodyguard again. I'm sure she appreciates that.

Enter into Opelucid! Or whatever it's called. Gym Leader Iris inbound!

Not much to say but a tutorial to beating Iris

Step One: Fly to Iccirus
Step Two: Buy the Blizzard TM
Step Three: Profit

So yeah… That was easy.

Thanks to patience, over 50 repels, and quick button pushing, I got through Victory Road only battling 2 trainers! But yeah, there was Cheren. And yes, it ended how you would expect it. Goodbye, Cheren.

How the Elite 4's gonna go:

Step One: BS Marshal
Step Two: Bug Bite Caitlin and Grimsley
Step Three: Lifesaver learns Shadow Ball. Bam.
Step Four: Cross N bridge when we come to it.

Let's just say I need to grind. A LOT. *cries*

Last edited:
we'll see how it ends up going XD I sense insane conflict with Explorer

#do as much as you can be4 Route 8 where I have to get a Spoink

Know what? Imma write a prosaic prologue XD

Brett stared out of the window as the plane took off out of Mistralton City. He was looking forward to his adventures in Kalos, but was not looking forward to the paparazzi. Everywhere he went it was the same. Everyone knew who he was, as famous for being mute as for his trainer skills. He glanced down at the Pokeball that he was holding, and sighed. He was going to have to leave his Pokemon in the PC and start fresh. It was almost like a game show. The Pokeball rustled slightly. It's OK, we've had a great run together. Brett smiled down at the Pokeball, holding Surfer the Dewott. Glad I have your approval. I'll be back in Unova soon. He stared out of the window as they flew over Nacrene, and smiled as he thought of Lifesaver, Threadshot, OlReliable, Expired, and Laura, under the care of Lenora. Surfer would be with them soon.
The plane set down in a small airport, and Skyla shouted back from the cockpit. "Sorry dude, Kalos has no airports, so we're gonna have to get you in by helicopter. Don't worry, I can fly those too!" Brett flashed her the thumbs up, thankful that she was going out of her time to fly him over. The helicopter ride only took about fifteen minutes, and before he knew it he was in Lumiose. "Sycamore's office is dead ahead!" Skyla shouted over the roar of the helicopter. Brett nodded in thanks and stepped out, ducking his head so that no one noticed him. He would brave the paparazzi after meeting Sycamore.
"Ah, it looks like you managed to evade the media."
Brett nodded with a smile on his face.
"So, we all know that the point of this is to run the Gym Leader gauntlet, but we have some other requests for you. There are one or two pokemon that we feel that you, with your specific skill set, will be a good trainer towards. We'll show you the first one now."
Sycamore showed Brett to the back room, where a Pidgey was sleeping.
"This Pidgey is pretty unstable. We think that it wants to see the outside world, but we don't have anyone qualified for it."
Brett nodded, and reached down to a notepad in his pocket. He jotted down some notes, and showed them to Sycamore.
"Why of course! You just got here, you probably will need a few days of rest. I heard that there's a family in Vaniville town that is renting out an apartment. You could probably get a few day's rest there."
Brett shook Sycamore's hand, and walked outside. Before he could get to a taxi, he was ambushed by the media.
"Brett! Is it true that you can talk, but choose not to?"
"Brett! Is it true that you can speak telepathically to your pokemon?"
"Brett! Is it true that you once beat all 8 gym leaders and became Champion in only 2 days?"
Brett ducked his head and rushed to the taxi that was waiting nearby.
"Ah, its you. Sycamore told me. Vaniville?"
Brett nodded, and the taxi driver floored it, managing to avoid the crowd and sparing Brett any more attention.
When they got to Vaniville, Brett nodded his thanks, and knocked on the farthest door on the right. He was looking forward to spending the next day or two in a quiet environment, away from the paparazzi.

And I have an update to my White!

-My name is CHLANGE. Horray for abbreviations!

-Time to choose Surfer the Oshawott!

-Jeez, I've never seen a room this messy. Mom will take care of it though!

-Training……

-Ghetsis' weird speech…

-Hey, N, I just one-shot you. Leave.

-More training…

-Challenge the Gym leader! Pansage narrowly defeats me.

-Angry at his loss, Oshawott crits two times in a row to snag a victory on the second try from Cilan! Yay, Badge!

Aw, man, I need another pokemon to continue and do the double battle? Well, free Pansear then.

Filler (Pansear)
Lv 10
Hasty Nature
-Scratch
-Leer
-Lick
-Incinerate

Now that the double battle is done, off to the box you go! Bye!

I've always had trouble with the 2nd gym. I really don't know what it is. Yes, I didn't understand the game and died to Misty by trying to catch her Starmie, and Bugsy was easy, but Brawly was pretty difficult. And LENORA! GOD DAMN LENORA! I swear to god she is a hacker. I usually lose to her even with level AND TYPE ADVANTAGE! I really don't get why she's so difficult for me. I just don't.

TL; DR: I hate Lenora.

LIFESAVER used Work Up!
LIFESAVER's Attack rose!
LIFESAVER's Special Attack rose!

Watchog used Crunch!

Watchog used Crunch!

Watchog used Crunch!
A critical hit!
LIFESAVER's DEFENSE FELL!!!!!

Watchog used Crunch!
A CRITICAL HIT!
LIFESAVER FAINTED!!!!

so… yeah… Lenora was a struggle. But I eventually made it (with secret power parahaxing)

Jesus, Team Plasma has a lot of representatives. And none of them have the skull! But, in Pinwheel forest, we do find LAURA and THREADSHOT. Yay!

Finally reach Castelia city. Bianca, go find your own Munna. Jeez.

Off to the gym! But first, let's grind the three dancers and raise THREADSHOT's friendliness.

Gym was pathetically easy. Laura soloing Burgh's Dwebble was probably the hardest thing, but leech seed shenanigans come through yet again. Yay we beat Burgh! Let's teach struggle bug to THREADSHOT even though she will probably never even use it.

Route 4. Lets hit all of these trainers before fighting Cheren. On the way, Laura gets her Basculin and Timburr solos in. Nice.
Cheren goes down fast, servine doesn't stand a chance against THREADSHOT. Oh wait, gotta go back to Castelia to get the XP share.

I am a ninja. I sucsessfully evaded every single trainer on Route 4 like a boss.

Let's beat that Team Plasma dude. I'm not doing it to be nice, I'm doing it for the bike.
Time to completely ignore Bianca's life story.

Ooh look! N's a baddie! Why can't I toss him out of the Ferris wheel RIGHT NOW?

N gets swamped. Sorry dude, but levels are sort of important.

Onto Elesa! She would be a cake walk, if not for…

FUCKING DOUBLE TEAM!

that took much longer than it should have, but we got it done. And THREADSHOT evolved.

Battle Cheren! Easy. Alder comes over, and Cheren goes all stubborn mode on him. Time to beat up these kids. Sorry, kids.

Ooh, new route=new pokes! Introducing EXPIRED and OlRELIABLE to the team! Oh and I have a stone, so OlReliable is evolved. With Cute Charm. Might come in handy.
Ooh yay EXPIRED has Toxic Spikes. Brycen shenanigans inbound.

Ok, I don't like the cold storage. I'm a tropical person. Lemme just kill these guys, then I'm out.

Off to challenge Clay! On the way, LAURA smacks a few Drilbur, so that solo's out of the way.

lmao. Laura wrecked everything up until Excadrill, which went down to SURFER and LIFESAVER's RNjesus abilities. That Secret Power Paralyze chance tho.

Oh and THREADSHOT likes me enough now, so I have a Leavanny.

Ooh, Bulldoze! I am so not using you, sorry.

Off to challenge Skyl… wait a second…
THREADSHOT: 4X weak to flying
LAURA: 2X weak to flying
EXPIRED: Underleveled
OlRELIABLE: Underleveled
SURFER: No flying coverage
LIFESAVER: No flying coverage

oh boy… guess we have to rely on LIFESAVER's being over leveled and parahaxing. Anyways, back to ChargeStone cave. Good thing repels exist, but Team Plasma tis be a nuisance.

N is a dick to professors.

Enter the city!

Skyla is a dick to gym challengers.

Well, at least I can solo a Litwick at the Tower of Whatchamacallit.

1 HOUR LATER…

dammit I have to go BACK DOWN THE TOWER? ugh…

Finally we are at the gym! Let the slugfest begin.

Gym trainers with attract are dicks to the one pokemon that can do anything against Skyla.

Unfezant fainted.

You defeated Skyla!

FINALLY!!

UGH… noone likes Twist Mountain… But I have surf now, so SURFER HAS EVOLVED!

ooh look, winter causes a snow drift that LITERALLY LETS YOU SKIP THE WHOLE MOUNTAIN!!!!

ok, Iccirus city…

ooh look, winter only rare candy and was it a max revive? I forget.

Oh my, EXPIRED has to solo Brycen. Well, lets try this.
Toxic spikes up, and acid spray shenanigans take out Pokemon 1
Toxic shenanagins take out Beartic.
Ooh look, Cryognal has levitate!
Acid spray+Regenerating heal-em-up tank in LIFESAVER+just having bought 50 Hyper Potions and Revives=Cryognal (finally) down.

Lol EXPIRED can't even evolve if i wanted him to! Eh...
Ooh, look, Team Plasma again! yay…

Ooh, N has a new friend. Care to introduce us? I guess not.

So… I have to get back to Castelia? This looks like a job for…

FLY SLAVE (Ducklett)
Lv *noone cares*
*noone cares* nature
-Fly
-*noone cares*
-*noone cares*
-*noone cares*

Thank god I picked him up when I did. Pansear needed some company in the Filler Box.

Relic Castle is a dick to explorers.

Ok, got that over with, lets move on! Ooh look, Shelmet appear in the puddles on the next route!

Puddles are frozen in winter. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

After many hours of Interneting, there is literally one trainer in the entire region with a Shelmet. I find him, I crush his hopes and dreams, and evolve Laura!

Ooh another good part of winter: Sliding physics let me evade every trainer on the route until Bianca.

Hey… Bianca… Your Emboar was good in the anime. But not here. Just go be Juniper's bodyguard again. I'm sure she appreciates that.

Enter into Opelucid! Or whatever it's called. Gym Leader Iris inbound!

Not much to say but a tutorial to beating Iris

Step One: Fly to Iccirus
Step Two: Buy the Blizzard TM
Step Three: Profit

So yeah… That was easy.

Thanks to patience, over 50 repels, and quick button pushing, I got through Victory Road only battling 2 trainers! But yeah, there was Cheren. And yes, it ended how you would expect it. Goodbye, Cheren.

How the Elite 4's gonna go:

Step One: BS Marshal
Step Two: Bug Bite Caitlin and Grimsley
Step Three: Lifesaver learns Shadow Ball. Bam.
Step Four: Cross N bridge when we come to it.

Let's just say I need to grind. A LOT. *cries*
Ok, I bringest thoust Burninate the Litleo.

Burninate wants to, well, burninate everything. He's kinda obsessed about it. Therefore, Any attacking moves Burninate has must be fire type. Also, he loves to burninate people's stuff, too. He cannot evolve until he gains incinerate and incinerates an item. He cannot lose incinerate. Ever. Also, Burninate has heard of team flare, and is interested by a group that also seems to love fire. He wants to help them, and he even wants to become their leader, somehow, even though he is a pokemon. He must solo all Lysander fights, and you must purposfully waste the first turn of any team flare fight. Like, waste a potion, or try to run away.

Gonna be nice to you this time, good luck.

Pokemon Y Scramble: Pretty Dang Hard Edition

ATTENTION! This challenge has been restarted, due to the fact that it has been on hiatus for about 2 years. Keeping old pokemon, lets try this again!

Updates for the old run have not been deleted, but are no longer present on this post.

In summary:

Ok, I bringest thoust Burninate the Litleo.

Burninate wants to, well, burninate everything. He's kinda obsessed about it. Therefore, Any attacking moves Burninate has must be fire type. Also, he loves to burninate people's stuff, too. He cannot evolve until he gains incinerate and incinerates an item. He cannot lose incinerate. Ever. Also, Burninate has heard of team flare, and is interested by a group that also seems to love fire. He wants to help them, and he even wants to become their leader, somehow, even though he is a pokemon. He must solo all Lysander fights, and you must purposfully waste the first turn of any team flare fight. Like, waste a potion, or try to run away.

Gonna be nice to you this time, good luck.

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Chapter 2: These gyms are too far apart

Chapter 3: These gyms are too close together

Chapter 4: Electric is Super Effective against Flying, who knew?

Chapter 5: (almost) Everyone Evolves

Chapter 6: I Crash Random.org

Chapter 7: Lysandre Hates his Mascot (aka the most painful chapter)

Chapter 8: Two Fat Men Have a Napping Competition

Chapter 9: Elite... 3?

Last edited:
Well, I was going to do another Ruby Scramble update today. However, I lost the sheet that said which gym solos go to which Pokemon, so I'm going to have to remake it. Oops!

So it turns out that soloing Wattson with a Mudkip with no recovery outside of Oran Berry is rather tricky... but I managed it!

Healthy was lv25 for the fight. The small overlevel - plus a bit of Super Training - was required to outspeed Wattson's Magnemite, which was important to avoid being paralyzed throughout the fight. Healthy's moveset is currently Rock Throw / Mud Sport / Water Gun / Mud-Slap, and I have to say this marks the first time I have ever deliberately used Mud Sport... I guess every move has its day.

Here's how the fight played out:

- Wattson sends out Magnemite. Healthy outspeeds and deals roughly 70% with Mud-Slap. Magnemite uses Thunder Wave and hits, consuming the Cheri Berry Healthy was holding.
- Magnemite is KO'd by Mud-Slap. Wattson sends out Voltorb.
- Voltorb outspeeds and uses Charge, allowing me to set up Mud Sport. If it uses Volt Switch instead (seems to be random), I've lost, because I can't survive the ensuing Volt Switch from Magneton and can't heal quickly enough to take repeated hits due to being limited to Oran Berry. This happened quite a few times... damn all-natural diet :)
- Voltorb uses Volt Switch, dealing around 30% and swapping in Magneton. Anticipating the Volt Switch, I use Mud-Slap, which takes around 45% off Magneton.
- Magneton uses Supersonic and misses. Mud-Slap takes Magneton down into the red.
- Wattson uses a Super Potion. Mud-Slap takes off 45%.
- Magneton uses Volt Switch and misses. Mud-Slap crits and KO's Magneton. The hax is real. I would have survived the Volt Switch thanks to Mud Sport, but this makes Voltorb much easier - I now don't have to hope it spams Charge while I heal up. Mud Sport fades away.
- Wattson sends out Voltorb. Voltorb uses Charge and I reset Mud Sport. Thanks to Magneton's miss, I would still have survived if Voltorb used Volt Switch outside of a critical hit, but now I don't even have to waste time healing up.
- Voltorb uses Volt Switch, dealing less than 10 damage. Mud-Slap takes off about 25%. A second later, I facepalm as I remember Rock Throw deals more damage against anything other than a 4x Ground-weak Pokemon, and worry that I've blown my chance.
- Voltorb uses Volt Switch and crits. Now I really thought I was done, but today I learned something about game mechanics. It turns out that while critical hits ignore damage reduction from lowered attacking stat / increased defensive stat, they do not ignore the 67% damage reduction of Mud Sport on Electric attacks. Volt Switch deals a piddling 13 damage while Rock Throw deals a good 40%.
- Volt Switch deals little damage and Rock Throw KO's Voltorb.

I'm glad I managed it without too many attempts. Due to Healthy's Pokemon Centre rule, I could only make another attempt at the solo after completing three other battles with Miner including at least one Trainer! Luckily I'd been skipping Trainers where possible in anticipation of this... otherwise the potential for being unable to evolve into Marshtomp would have been very real.

Healthy the Marshtomp (lv26) @ Nothing
Stats: 83 / 52 / 56 / 38 / 46 / 34
Moves: Rock Throw / Mud Sport / Water Gun / Mud-Slap

Miner the Porygon (lv23) @ Quick Claw
Stats: 70 / 39 / 46 / 50 / 40 / 23
Moves: Recover / Tackle / Psybeam / Thunder Wave

Mud Sport best move

Last edited:
Hey, I'd like to try a scramble of Alpha Sapphire.
I am available to trade if it is necessary, and in terms of difficulty I would like something along the lines of Medium-Hard.
For my scramble I'm pretty laid back, I enjoyed playing previous titles under numerous conditions: Using Pokemon that are of the same color (Clefairy, Wigglytuff, Medicham and so on), their species names are alliterative (Arbok, Absol, Archeops) or my favorite has been the mono-type challenge or Pokemon only being able to learn moves of their typing.

I look forward to whatever you want to throw at me.

Time for my SIGNATURE POKEMON!

DahliaNoir, trade over a Phione (if you don't have one, I can trade you a random one) and name it Phione. (Format it as @ Phione without the space.)

Phione is a Phione who strives to be like me, since that's what I'm basing it on. I am a huge fan of the webcomic Homestuck on MSPA. As soon as possible, have one move that starts with the letter M, one with S, one with P, and one with A. This should be possible as soon as you get Psych Up or Protect. Once you have all of these letters, you cannot learn a move that does not start with said letters (but you can still swap out Surf for Scald and stuff).

Secondly, Phione is determined to defeat the type that I love most, Dark. Solo Sidney.

Finally, Phione is bad at laddering, just like me. There are lots of ladders in certain places. Phione cannot participate in battles when you are in an area with a ladder (you can still battle on floors of the area where there is no ladder). Have fun!

Phione that sounds good to me. One issue being I don't have a Phione so I would appreciate you trading one over. Furthermore, do moves that Phione learns via level up take precedence over TM's and such?

Phione that sounds good to me. One issue being I don't have a Phione so I would appreciate you trading one over. Furthermore, do moves that Phione learns via level up take precedence over TM's and such?
This doesn't matter particularly; choose which ones you want. As for the Phione, put some common low-level, like a Ralts or something, on the GTS and I will send a Phione to you sometime tonight if I have the chance.
One slight issue Phione , Mud Slap is the only move that Phione can learn beginning with M and then it can only be learned via transfer from PtHGSS.
Wait, really? I could have sworn... godammit. Just replace the M move with a W move since W is M upside down.

DahliaNoir take my signature Pokemon. As you probably guessed by my avatar, that would be a Psyduck. Name it whatever you want.

No evolving. Ever. Golduck is not my signature Pokemon; Psyduck is.
This Psyduck wants to learn all there is to know. Solo the following masters: Tate & Liza, the Archie fight in the Seafloor Cavern, and Kyogre. Each solo will remove one of the following restrictions:
  • Solo Tate & Liza to allow Psychic-type moves.
  • Solo Archie to allow Water-type moves with a base attack power > 40.
  • Solo Kyogre to allow non-STAB moves and moves with a base attack power > 60.
Also, I need 2 more mons for my X scramble, please.

PSDuckie Okay, I can work with that but can you clarify your restrictions. In Mosdeep gym am I able to use only psychic moves or are they prohibited? And this may sound idiotic but > means greater than, right?

As for your scramble I will think of a Pokemon. Although it may take me a while to think of conditions etc.

Phione I've got my Phione. So tomorrow I will begin to wreak havoc upon the unsuspecting Hoenn population.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)