Rap Battle Premier League!

The Studio on Pokemon Showdown

Presents

The Rap Battle Premier League!

Contest Information:

During the month of August, The Studio is hosting it’s own version of the Pokemon Premier League.

Currently, The Studio hosts its weekly Rap Battles every Saturday @ 9PM EST. During these events, users rap against one another in chat to see who ultimately comes out on top.

This contest will be exactly that.

The users that participate will be selected by a public room to represent them in an effort to find out which room on Pokemon Showdown has the best rappers!

Contest Procedure:

1. Each room may select 2 users to represent them in the contest. These users do not necessarily have to be room staff. Regular users are allowed to enter as well.

2. Once each room (that is competing) has reported the users that will represent them, a bracket will be constructed to determine which rooms will rap on which date. Each room will know which of the other rooms they are competing against, and who those rooms’ participants are. However, the participants will not know their first round opponents until the night on which they are chosen to rap. (In other words, each room will know which room they will be facing before the night that they’re supposed to rap, but participants themselves will not know which of the other rooms’ participants they will be facing off against.)

3. The selected users must report to The Studio on their room’s designated day to rap. If the selected users are not in the room @ 8:45PM EST for Roll Call on the night that they are supposed to rap, they will be disqualified from competing that week. If their room moves onto the next round, they will be able to compete the following week.

4. During the rap battles, Modchat + will be set. When it is time for each user to rap, they will be promoted to Room Voice and will rap for three minutes or less. Once they have completed their rap or have run out of time, they will be instantly demoted from Voice. (If a participant has global auth, they will be prompted to begin rapping by the host instead of being promoted to Room Voice.)

5. After the raps from each participant in the round have concluded, the judges will determine which of the users will move onto the next round of competition. The winner of the final round will be the victor, and that room will move onto the next round of competition, along with the other rooms that have won previous weeks.

Contest Registration:

If your room would like to participate in The Rap Battle Premier League, you must do the following:​

1. Choose a Room Owner (#) to be your Team Manager. This will be the person responsible for communicating with the hosts. (The Team Manager may be a Moderator if no Room Owners are able to take the position.)

2. Decide as a room which users will be representing you. These users do not have to be room staff.

3. Once decided, your room’s Team Manager must message Albert (Champion Albert) or Strength (Neart) on Smogon with their list of participants, as well as what room they are representing.

4. The bracket for Round 1 will be posted in a Smogon thread once all participating rooms have followed these steps.

5. The final date to register will be Friday August 7th (@ 11:59:59 EST). After this date, rooms will no longer be able to enter the contest.

Prizes:

• 3rd Place: This user will have their username (as well as the name of the room they’re representing) featured on the homepage of The Studio’s website

• 2nd Place: This user will have their username (as well as the name of the room they’re representing) featured in the room intro of The Studio (and above).
  • 1st Place: This user will win a code for a $20 iTunes gift card (and above).

my apologies, but they cannot. but, you can be chosen to represent a certain room, if the ro/staff of that room let you.

Make sure you have your ro pm either myself or champion albert about the roster you wish to go with!

guys, i want yall to know that you need to register with an ro. commenting "in" on this thread does nothing.

Albert.

visually stimulating
As far as the timeline for the Contest's First Round goes, this is how it will be broken down:

• Friday, August 14th: Registration for the Premier League is closed.
  • Sunday, August 16th: The First Round Bracket will be posted in this thread (as well as in The Studio's roomintro on PS).
  • Wednesday, August 19th: The first four rooms will rap.
  • Thursday, August 20th: The following four rooms will rap.
  • Wednesday, August 26th: The following four rooms will rap.
  • Thursday, August 27th: The following four rooms will rap.

Please note that rap battles will be taking place on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This allows our room to continue to host normal rap battles on Saturdays (If you're not able to participate in the Premier League but are interested in participating in our normal rap battles, PM a Studio Staff member).

This cycle will repeat itself until the first round of competition is over. This means that there may be more (or less) dates in which rooms will be able to rap, based on the number of participating rooms.
Rooms will be required to rap on the day that they are chosen to.

Team Managers: There will be no date substitutions, so make sure that your participants will be able to rap on the Wednesday/Thursday that your room is assigned.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, or message myself or Neart.

Last edited:
How many bars do we have to spit? How are we being judged btw? Been doing freestyle battles for over 15 years. So I'm definitely going in on murdering my opponent.

How many bars do we have to spit? How are we being judged btw? Been doing freestyle battles for over 15 years. So I'm definitely going in on murdering my opponent.
Ask a Room Owner (The Manager) or a Moderator, if they're the Manager, of a room you want to represent to let you rep.

You will be teaming up with somebody else for the same room, and on August 7th, this all begins.
Not exactly sure on judging at the moment, will have more detail later.

Albert.

visually stimulating
You will have three minutes each round to complete your rap. You're free to rap as much as you can within that time frame. We will be cutting every user off at the three minute mark, so just make sure your rap doesn't exceed the given time.

Albert.

visually stimulating
Just a reminder that this Friday (August 7th) is the last day to sign your room up for the Rap Battle Premier League!

Albert.

visually stimulating
The deadline to sign up for the Rap Battle Premier League has been pushed back until the 14th of August. The timeline above has been updated accommodate the changes.

seems like not many people got interested in this event, so im going to postpone to a better time. its to be announced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)