Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some bugs:

This is what Veekun states Metal Powder does:

This is what Pokemon Showdown states Metal Powder does:

Ditto shouldn't have its defense doubled, it should have both its Defense and Special Defense boosted by 50%. Looking at the github I can see in the code it doubles Ditto's defense as well, and this is incorrect.

Not sure if this is a 'bug', but I'm sure it's incorrect.

Secret Power's short description says this:

So by looking at that, I thought that Secret Power has a 30% chance of lowering the opponent's accuracy in normal terrain.
However, that isn't what happens.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-251940706
(Yes I know my team is intentionally stupid)
If you skip to Turn 12, Minun uses Secret Power and causes paralysis.

Veekun says this:

In 'Building' it has a chance to Paralyze, but in 'Desert' and 'Road', it has a chance to lower the target's accuracy.
I'm guessing wi-fi battles count as 'Building', as it makes more sense than 'Desert' and 'Road'.

Looking at the code (no screenshot since computer went weird) it says Secret Power, normally, has a 30% chance to Paralyze.

So it seems the Short Description is inaccurate. I'm sure the long description is, but it was really confusing when the paralysis happened, haha.

Some bugs:

This is what Veekun states Metal Powder does:

This is what Pokemon Showdown states Metal Powder does:

Ditto shouldn't have its defense doubled, it should have both its Defense and Special Defense boosted by 50%. Looking at the github I can see in the code it doubles Ditto's defense as well, and this is incorrect.

Not sure if this is a 'bug', but I'm sure it's incorrect.

Secret Power's short description says this:

So by looking at that, I thought that Secret Power has a 30% chance of lowering the opponent's accuracy in normal terrain.
However, that isn't what happens.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-251940706
(Yes I know my team is intentionally stupid)
If you skip to Turn 12, Minun uses Secret Power and causes paralysis.

Veekun says this:

In 'Building' it has a chance to Paralyze, but in 'Desert' and 'Road', it has a chance to lower the target's accuracy.
I'm guessing wi-fi battles count as 'Building', as it makes more sense than 'Desert' and 'Road'.

Looking at the code (no screenshot since computer went weird) it says Secret Power, normally, has a 30% chance to Paralyze.

So it seems the Short Description is inaccurate. I'm sure the long description is, but it was really confusing when the paralysis happened, haha.
Marty says that everyone except us is wrong about Metal Powder, so unless you can present evidence that it raises Ditto's Special Defense, it'll assumed that our implementation is the correct one.

Secret Power description will be fixed on next client update/restart.

Marty says that everyone except us is wrong about Metal Powder, so unless you can present evidence that it raises Ditto's Special Defense, it'll assumed that our implementation is the correct one.

Secret Power description will be fixed on next client update/restart.
Actually, I think Marty is right after I tested in-game. I used the same trainer, same Pokemon, same special move, and funnily enough Bug Buzz did less damage when my Ditto didn't have the Metal Powder every time. Sorry for my mistake, just blame every Pokemon site ever. :I

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
whenever i leave a room on ps, i tend to want to stay out of it and i should just be able to click x
however, whenever i try to leave 2 private rooms whenever i click the x on their tab, and i refresh they come right back
i asked to be de-authed and banned in both of these rooms, but was brought back in them when the reset happened
is there a way to fix this indefinitely?

Although I do not have a screenshot, I wanted to point out that I found something really weird in a random battle that I had today. I set up hone claws twice on Durant then baton passed it to Hitmonlee. The opponent switched out to a Meowistic, which is faster than Hitmonlee by like 40 points yet Hitmonlee was faster than it. Next, the opponent switched to a Jumpluff, which is again faster than Hitmonlee, but Hitmonlee landed his stone edge first. I was really confused and I wonder if this is a bug because it really changed the outcome of that match.

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Although I do not have a screenshot, I wanted to point out that I found something really weird in a random battle that I had today. I set up hone claws twice on Durant then baton passed it to Hitmonlee. The opponent switched out to a Meowistic, which is faster than Hitmonlee by like 40 points yet Hitmonlee was faster than it. Next, the opponent switched to a Jumpluff, which is again faster than Hitmonlee, but Hitmonlee landed his stone edge first. I was really confused and I wonder if this is a bug because it really changed the outcome of that match.
Your hitmonlee probably had Unburden activated.

This was on the downloaded Pokemon Showdown Client. Loaded it up, selected Challenge Cup, and non of the Pokemon in my team would reveal their sets when I moused over. Upon selecting a mon, I get this screen, which further gives me no options for attacking moves.

Happened in CC 1v1, in a second battle a dude told me he had the same problem before, so he turned timer off for me to reconnect via browser.

Reloading Showdown Client showed no problems, but I feel it should be aware that this is happening

i was playing an ou room tournament match and i was about to clean with my hoopa-u, but i couldn't click on him.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-253065759 <match
i was able to click him when it showed all 6 mons but then after it showed me this and i couldn't click it.
http://gyazo.com/7dcbe520661f3f6ec63b9697386ad451
This is a bug that a lot of users who are using the client version of PS seem to be experiencing. If this happens again, try refreshing your browser. If that doesn't work, then use /choose switch [Number of Pokemon you want switched in, eg 2, 6 etc.].

I also noticed a few battles ago where I and my opponent both had a Sunflora, and hovering over the Sunflora of my opponent said that it had max 103 Speed, but my own only had 102 Speed. I thought almost all Random Battle Pokémon get 85 EVs, and that the “max speed” calculation was with 85 EVs? Why were the stats different? Edit: this is the replay but you can’t really see that from it. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-217571774
Nobody replied to this. Can I get elucidations?

Nobody replied to this. Can I get elucidations?
Hidden Power Fire/Ice can be the result of not full IVs. Also not all random battle pokemon fully cooperate to the possible max speed. I've had Cobalions and Terrakions not be the 226 speed when I outspeed with something slightly slower. It's only a possible max speed, not a promise

When watching replays, if I Reset and then Play again, the logs on the side don't appear.
This seems to have been caused when Zarel moved the "Ignore Spectators" checkbox. As part of that fix the code now stashes the checkbox container in a variable and doesn't rebuild the battle log if the variable is still set. The code therefore gets confused when the replay manually resets the battle log. The replay should probably ask the battle to reset the battle log instead of doing it itself. (This is line 130 of the current version of replay.js but I don't know whether that lives on github so I can't link to it.)

Edit: I wrote a workaround for the bug in both bookmarklet and a GreaseMonkey script form.
Code:
javascript:void(ReplayPanel.prototype.reset=function(){this.battle.reset();this.$('.battle').html('<div class="playbutton"><button data-action="start"><i class="icon-play"></i> Play</button></div>');this.$('.replay-controls').html('<button data-action="start"><i class="icon-play"></i> Play</button><button data-action="reset" disabled="disabled"><i class="icon-undo"></i> Reset</button>');});
Code:
unsafeWindow.ReplayPanel.prototype.reset = function() {
  this.battle.reset();
  this.$('.battle').html('<div class="playbutton"><button data-action="start"><i class="icon-play"></i> Play</button></div>');
  this.$('.replay-controls').html('<button data-action="start"><i class="icon-play"></i> Play</button><button data-action="reset" disabled="disabled"><i class="icon-undo"></i> Reset</button>');
}

Last edited:
Not a bug: moves with multiple targets don't hit twice in doubles.
This isn't completely exactly.
From Bulbpaedia:

If a move could hit multiple targets (including allies), such as Earthquake and Rock Slide, it will not strike twice; however, if it can only hit a single Pokémon, such as in a Single Battle or if using a move that hits all foes when only one foe is currently out, it will strike twice. If a move could hit multiple Pokémon but only hits one due to missing the other Pokémon, it will only strike once.

In it's case, for the fact it was there only one become on opponent's side, parental bond should strike twice, like the spread move who does max damage on single target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)