TyraniBoah Question

Hey guys,

I was just wondering a thing about Tyraniboah. Why do we use Quiet? Why not Brave? Why Dark Pulse? Why not Crunch?

Tyranitars attack is higher than sp. attack, so why even bother Dark Pulse?

I am thinking of this;

name: TyraniBoah
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Focus Punch
move 3: Crunch
move 4: Thunderbolt
item: Leftovers

nature: Brave
evs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 72 Spd / 56 SAtk

Just curious, please no flaming. :)

I'd imagine quiet is to boost his somewhat needy special attack without lowering his attack stat so Focus punch and T-bolt/Dark Pulse can both do optimum damage

yeah it needs a plus spatk nature to do what makes it "boah" and dark pulse does more than crunch when it has the "boah spread"

I ask myself this question as well for this gen. One of the things Dark Pulse is trying to hit is Cresselia, who is normally Bold anyway so Dark Pulse is a good option. But what if it CMs up? Wouldn't Crunch be a better option then, especially because it lowers the Defense of Cressy?

I know, that's one of the reasons I posted this. Crunch would do much more damage, due to better attackstat, and it will hurt Cresselia more. I think it could be a great option, in my opinion.

Well, Dark Pulse will do way more damage than Crunch/Focus Punch to physical walls like Hippowdon, Gliscor and Tangrowth, won't it?

Well, Dark Pulse will do way more damage than Crunch/Focus Punch to physical walls like Hippowdon, Gliscor and Tangrowth, won't it?
Yes thats the answer. Physical walls are gonna switch into ttar. Focus punch wont do much,tbolt wont do anything and crunch is the same as focus punch. Things like Rhyperior,donphan,hippowdon,swampert ect

I actually use Rash instead of Quiet and give it a few speed evs to outspeed Cresselia. I also use Crunch instead of Dark Pulse for CMCress but that's just me. Crunch's def drop also helps me sometimes.

Yea, Dark Pulse is used because all of TTar's counters are hit by it harder then Crunch.

I wonder, is Thunderbolt specifically for Skarmory? It seems like HP Grass would be great over it. That way you can still hit Waters, you can really hurt Hippowdon, and you can OHKO Swampert coming in to soak up a TBolt.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
boah is based on the set for advance:
suBstitute
FOcus punch
thundAbolt
cruncH
WTH, there's not even any patterns as to what letters from each attack were picked-- that can't really be how the name "boah" was made, can it!?

than it might as well be a tyranisunc or some other stupider name . . .

While we're coming up with new names...

focuspunch
dark pulse
thunderbolt
substitute

Does anyone know the real reason for BOAH? I can't tell if darkie is messing with us or not.

I had always heard Boah was named after some germans or something winning a game on Netbattle and just spamming BOAH on the chat over and over again, which someone else told me is the animal control board in germany or some European country

could be 110% wrong, but that's what I've heard lol

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
to put the rumors at rest yet again, boah was named after a player in one of my battles saying "boah" after something unexpected happened, chaos was spectating and he all laughed. this was almost exactly three years ago when the creation of smogon.com was in progress and chaos and i would say "boah" a lot, and after i got done with the advance tyranitar analysis, which of course contained the sub/fp/tb/crunch tyranitar chaos and i came up with, chaos suggested we name it boah

anyway you are going to need a lot of speed EVs to beat cresselia, whose min speed is 206 to boah's 157 speed. i dont think that's worth it considering that if a calm mind cresselia is your opponent's way of beating boah then he or she is probably out of legitimate ideas. if tyranitar is switching into cresselia it is either going to switch out or stay in and twave you. also keep in mind that if tyranitar has taken any prior damage or stealth rock/spikes are in play, an astute opponent will note your leftovers recovery and therefore not be afraid of the notion of a CBed Pursuit.

IMO, Fire Blast is much better than Ice Beam or Thunderbolt, due to the most common T-tar counters being either Skarm, Forretress, or Bronzong (note: these are the most common Pokemon I see switch into my Boah). I then run Dark Pulse for STAB and Focus Punch for Blissey or anything else that is weak to it.

Of course, I already have a set Swampert counter that takes jack from most of its attacks, so I don't really worry about it switching in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)