Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Honchkrow will be a top threat. Scrafty doesn't compare as it doesn't hit very hard turn one and is slow with no priority. Dragon Dance patches up those weaknesses but it takes turns. Honchkrow hits hard from the first turn, has priority and good coverage as well. Also, Moxie Pursuit. RIP Hoopa, Slowking and every other pursuit bait.

STAB Bravebird, Pursuit, and Sucker Punch coming from a base 125 Attack stat is scary enough as many of the standard can't come in it. But with a 105 Sp.Att stat and access to Heat Wave Honch is even able to punish Mega Steelix switch-ins without having to resort to Superpower. In fact as of right now the only poke that is a true counter in RU is Diancie.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
STAB Bravebird, Pursuit, and Sucker Punch coming from a base 125 Attack stat is scary enough as many of the standard can't come in it. But with a 105 Sp.Att stat and access to Heat Wave Honch is even able to punish Mega Steelix switch-ins without having to resort to Superpower. In fact as of right now the only poke that is a true counter in RU is Diancie.
Steel Wing, it has no counters

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Max ATK Max Spe
Jolly
Brave Bird
Sucker
Heat Wave
Steel Wing / Superpower

beats the whole tier with spikes and healing wish support

Everyone is obsessing over Haxorus, Honchkrow, Mandibuzz and Vaporeon, yet no one has mentioned Arcanine.

No one has mentioned Exeggutor either. The thing is pretty meh in NU but it's been used a lot more in it lately.

Everyone is obsessing over Haxorus, Honchkrow, Mandibuzz and Vaporeon, yet no one has mentioned Arcanine.

No one has mentioned Exeggutor either. The thing is pretty meh in NU but it's been used a lot more in it lately.
Arcanine's not dropping lol.

It's still pretty good in UU, but what should drop is Goodra and Cloyster.

Arcanine's not dropping lol.

It's still pretty good in UU, but what should drop is Goodra and Cloyster.
It's B- on the viability rankings. You all have an orgasm over Mew and Celebi despite them being A- and B+ on the OU viability rankings.

I will agree with you on Goodra though.

Last edited:
It's B- on the viability rankings. You all have an orgasm over Mew and Celebi despite them being A- and B+ on the OU viability rankings.

I will agree with you on Goodra though.
You don't seem to understand that usage and viability aren't directly correlated. Celebi and Mew rank around ~3.6%, which makes them realistic candidates for dropping to UU. Arcanine ranks around ~9%, so there is absolutely no way it's dropping this month. It has nothing to do with the fact that Mew is more viable than Arcanine in their respective tiers.

You don't seem to understand that usage and viability aren't directly correlated. Celebi and Mew rank around ~3.6%, which makes them realistic candidates for dropping to UU. Arcanine ranks around ~9%, so there is absolutely no way it's dropping this month. It has nothing to do with the fact that Mew is more viable than Arcanine in their respective tiers.
1. I never said that I think it'll drop, I just want it to.

2. ↓
Celebi OU -> UU (why was this ever viable again? Was it because it's a Keldeo check or something?)
While Mew could theroetically run a lot of sets, really there's only 1 or 2 it can run without being outclassed.

1. I never said that I think it'll drop, I just want it to.

2. ↓
Celebi is the best passer in the tier, offers a support niche, and yes, being a good keldeo check/counter.

Just because mew has "1 or 2" sets doesn't mean anything about its viability as long as it does it effectively to justify its use on a competitive team over other pokes.

Celebi is the best passer in the tier, offers a support niche, and yes, being a good keldeo check/counter.

Just because mew has "1 or 2" sets doesn't mean anything about its viability as long as it does it effectively to justify its use on a competitive team over other pokes.
Hey, I wasn't the one who said those things. Look more carefully at the quote boxes.

Baton passing isn't a valuable enough niche to keep it OU tiered imo, and the Lati's, Volcanion, and Starmie all also counter Keld while providing more valuable niches.

In our current age of pursuit trapping, Mew's niches aren't appreciated/ aren't good, so thats why we want it drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)