Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

i am liking the idea of a special attacking salemence, although an attcking salamence is just overall better to have in my opinion. also, i think the salamence should be the CBmence:
Dragon claw
Earthquake
Brick break
Flamethrower
and have an adament nature or a nature that promotes speed and doesn't demote attack and a choice band. brick break is for tyranitar and blissey. full speed and attack or full speed and hp (i would go with full speed and attack)

please , if you don t understand the team, do not rate.

psych up is for cursing snorlaxen.
and gormenghast, its obv you do not know much about cloyster. special defence evs help alot.

@edge of pain: the salamence is for keeping the team alive with wish. i do not need a CBmence.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Is it just me or is that the exact Cloyster set and EVs that I use on my stall team? I'm pretty sure it is, and (to answer Gormenghast) the spdef is to allow it to set up spikes easily against Swampert/Milotic and other waters without much trouble.

Dragon Claw > HP: Grass on Salamence is the way to go, allowing you to hit dragons super-effective and deal steady damage to Gyarados and other random things. Also, I'd just max out its defense so you never have trouble taking Heracross. Flygon also becomes easy to counter due to the extraordinary defense stat + Intimidate.

Max HP before defenses on Metagross. I think it's also note-worthy that Dugtrio will never KO full-health Celebi with HP: Bug if you run 254 defense on it. (with max HP)

It's a good team, actually. It seems you are intent on getting Regice to sweep a team, which the subpunch set actually does pretty well. You're pretty Moltres weak, though. (Fire weak in general, actually) =)

With this current set-up the worst Moltres can do is Will-o-Wisp Salamence/Swampert, since it can't OHKO both Salamence and Swampert unless you take a risk and take the wrong Hidden Power. For that reason I'd use Protect on Swampert, I hardly found Curse ever useful.

Calm Mind/Psychic/Fire Punch/whatthefuckever Alakazam might be troublesome if anyone ever uses it anymore.

well, i suppose so.

please , if you don t understand the team, do not rate.

psych up is for cursing snorlaxen.
and gormenghast, its obv you do not know much about cloyster. special defence evs help alot.

@edge of pain: the salamence is for keeping the team alive with wish. i do not need a CBmence.
Well i suppose so, i did kind of make an idiot of myself just then. A good team overall. i never thought of that wish moveset for salamence. Nice. It doesn't just go well with this team either.
I might use this salamence for my team too. It really helps with stalling if i have a forrtress out.
And by the way, about that "if you don't understand the team do not rate" thing, the whole point of rating sombody's team is to either give opinions or advice. So it wasn't me not understanding your team, I just long for knowledge of it.
You know, this Rate My Team is a great thing, it doesn't just give you knowledge of how well your team is doing, but gives other people new ideas and experiments. just my opinion.

If your cloyster is going to take any hits to lay enough spikes, go for 252 in special defence, because 124 turns out only to be 157 special defence which is kinda disapointing, although water type attacks will not do much damage to cloyster. go for the strengths and equalise the weaknesses. i like the idea of not giving very many defence EVs, becuase even without a single EV apart from natures cloyster is a good physical wall, not many physical attacks are going to get through this baby. A good thing to have full hit points, there's not much HP on this pokemon without the EVs. HP plus DEF equals a good physical wall.
Not much point in celebi with perish song, I reckon it shouldn't even be in the move pool, let alone the move set unless celebi was given a trapping move in the move pool. But then again it is quite good for if your opponent is on the last pokemon.
There is one thing to ask about focus punch. If a pokemon is fast enough, can it land the punch before it gets hit and loses focus?

It could be.

Cloyster needs to be Calm with 252 SDef evs to be able to take any special hit.
I think he/she didn't give cloyster much special defence with calm nature is for switching out on any predicted surfs from milotic/kyogre, but they are big boomers, and cloyster wouldn't stand much chance against surfs from them anyway. Also, a max EVed and maybe modest kyogre gets a STABed surf, so yeah, i agree with you there blastoise, a bit of work to do on cloyster's special defence, otherwise, just use cloyster as a physical wall.
Bit of a hopless special defender anyway.......

(try not to quadruple post)

my original post said more sdef on cursepert
sorry for getting everything else wrong lol

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Cloyster does NOT necessarily need max SDef with a +SDef nature just to take a special hit. The current spread is only trying to fend of select special hits anyway, like the Surfs from Milotic and Hydro Pumps from Cloyster that normally do too much for a NVE move. Moves unSTABed Fire moves to an extra turn for a KO as well iirc.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Cloyster does NOT necessarily need max SDef with a +SDef nature just to take a special hit. The current spread is only trying to fend of select special hits anyway, like the Surfs from Milotic and Hydro Pumps from Cloyster that normally do too much for a NVE move. Moves unSTABed Fire moves to an extra turn for a KO as well iirc.
Yes. The EVs in spdef were made to turn Swampert/Milotic's Surfs and Hydro Pumps into a 3HKO with leftovers. (which is normally 236-240 special attack stat) It also fends off Mixlax and Flygon's weak fire blasts, which without any EVs (and assuming Flygon is Adamant to avoid a defense stat decrease) makes it a 3HKO. With Rest, an ability that prevents critical hits, and possibly Heal Bell support, Cloyster will have an easy time spiking on those select pokemon. Surf is there to hit steel types hard, the one thing Ice Beam cannot do, effectively damaging Magneton switchins and taking a quarter of health from Metagross.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)