Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

at first glance, the biggest problem i see is raikou. i would use regice as a sleeptalker with seismic toss, or put psych up on it. making dugtrio jolly also helps.

I have just had a brief look at your team and I feel that the movesets are right. Now, this is what I would change:

1- I like mixpert, it's my favourite swampert variant but i would use rest over roar. I know phazing is important, but trust me, i've seen a lot of pro teams that don't use roar/whirlwind/haze. If u are a good player you can make your foe switch whenever he tries to set up. Rest will make your defense be more solid.

2- I wouldn't give swampert that much ev's on sp.at. There is no point. Swampert is not a high attaker, so what's the difference from doing 28% dmg instead of 22%. Boost defenses or hp. Or u could go for some atttak to wrek over ttar.

3- Personally I don't like the idea of cb blaziken, but it's just me, if u like it, stick to it. I would use a different version or even another cb'r like aero or something.

4- Wish is hard to use with sala, so I would go for hydro pump or brick break so that special walls don't annoy you so much, this is denting them on the switch.

5- Subpunch regice is weird, you can't abuse pokes with that, i mean not a thing you can do to blissey nor ttar, and if u success to set up a sub, when you launch a focus punch to a random poke u will find that it's quite disapointing. Regi doesn't have the stats to do that, much less when u have to split ev's into sp.at, at and def's/hp. Personally i'd use boltbeam rest psych up. U need rest, because regi is your only solid sp.at wall (i'm not saying that u need more than one). And sleep talk is an option, but since raikou is a pain for your team, you'll be able to handle with him with psych up, you know, he attempts to cm to get over you and then u keep stalling when you copy him, and eventually you beat him since he can't recover. Wath out for critical hits from raikou. An option would be leting your regi fighting raikou and when u're sure he's not using sub (and of course he doesn't have a sub up) you bring dugtrio in :)

6- Finally, as a side note, a good staller with good prediction will give you a lot of trouble. You don't use stat modifiers as spore t-wave and so. You dont set up with any poke and you don't use sets that are very difficult to defend from, so keep that in mind. you could use tyraniboah instead of blaziken or slaking or any status inflictor so that stallers don't make u cry.

That's all. Your team is very good overall, really. I hope u find some of these ideas useful.

Good luck with your battles.

First off, don't run hydro pump on swampert. Hydro pump is far too inaccurate, and in a tight situation, you always want to hit. Try running surf instead, It's got great accuracy, and generally gets the job done.

Second, Salamence. Salamence is a great physical sweeper, and can be a powerful force as a special attacker as well. I see that you are aiming towards making him a special sweeper. I would replace fire blast with Flamethrower for the same reasons I mentioned with swampert. I would also run hydro pump over wish (yes I am aware that that goes against all logic I previously set forth, but it is the only water type move he learns), Wish is not very good for a poke like salamence.

A small note on dugdrio. I like the moveset and EV spread, but the item choice is not good. Choice band severely limits your pokemon, and that is not a good thing with dugdrio. I would try lum berry instead?

Next, Regice. At first glance substitute/focus punch seems like a good idea. Unfortunatly, regice just doesn't have the stats nessecary to pull it off, it's attack stat is pitifully low to attempt subpunching with.

Finally, Blaziken. With no ev's in special attack and cband equipped, most special attacks are going to be painfully disappointing. I would get rid of fire blast, and maybe replace it with earthquake. I could also argue that you should run brick break over sky uppercut, seeing that it is more accurate and takes down barrier moves.

Overall, I give your team a 6/10, but with some work and improvment, it can definetly get better.

First off, don't run hydro pump on swampert. Hydro pump is far too inaccurate, and in a tight situation, you always want to hit. Try running surf instead, It's got great accuracy, and generally gets the job done.
hydro pump is actually beneficial here, because without a spinner or magneton, skarm and forretress cna come in to spike easily. stab hydro pump busts them both up big.

Second, Salamence. Salamence is a great physical sweeper, and can be a powerful force as a special attacker as well. I see that you are aiming towards making him a special sweeper. I would replace fire blast with Flamethrower for the same reasons I mentioned with swampert. I would also run hydro pump over wish (yes I am aware that that goes against all logic I previously set forth, but it is the only water type move he learns), Wish is not very good for a poke like salamence.
wishmence is actually a very useful utility, with intimidate and a bunch of resistances. however, wishmences usually have lots of defense and hp. combined with pert it makes a good defensive combo. the usefulness of two wishers on a team is debatable though.

A small note on dugdrio. I like the moveset and EV spread, but the item choice is not good. Choice band severely limits your pokemon, and that is not a good thing with dugdrio. I would try lum berry instead?
dugtrio needs CB to revenge kill most things. theres a reason the standard is CB and not lum.

for the team itself, i would put blissey over regice to handle raikou. AT would also help since youre devoid of a status taker.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus

Next, Regice. At first glance substitute/focus punch seems like a good idea. Unfortunatly, regice just doesn't have the stats nessecary to pull it off, it's attack stat is pitifully low to attempt subpunching with.

Finally, Blaziken. With no ev's in special attack and cband equipped, most special attacks are going to be painfully disappointing. I would get rid of fire blast, and maybe replace it with earthquake. I could also argue that you should run brick break over sky uppercut, seeing that it is more accurate and takes down barrier moves.

Overall, I give your team a 6/10, but with some work and improvment, it can definetly get better.
Your post makes me sad.

marik said:
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 36 Spd / 36 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Wish

Blaziken (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fire Blast
- Focus Punch
- Rock Slide
- Sky Uppercut

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Spd / 228 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Wish

I'd suggest Protect over HP Grass, but you have a Swampert weak.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Regice @ Leftovers
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
Personally I just don't like the fact that to handle Swampert, you have to switch Salamence in on an Earthquake and take heavy damage/get KOd by Ice Beam. That's assuming this Swampert didn't predict CB Blaziken running from it and use Ice Beam. With Regice neglecting Rest, it shouldn't take too long for the opponent to catch on, and once he/she does, HP Grass Zapdos will be in the clear. That goes for CMCune too, especially if Spikes are down.

This is one of those teams where it has a glaring weakness in a random area, but can only be exploited if shit happens, because it can hit just that hard and follow up with a Dugtrio. I'd put Explosion Gengar somewhere to make that concept even more effective, especially against Leech Seed Celebi. If you can, try and afford protect on Salamence. It can't take too much punishment from Heracross if it can't heal effectively, and if you happen to run into a random Reversal variant with Salamence down, sacrificing and throwing in Dugtrio just won't cut it.

Can't say I approve it it, but I can't hate it either.

hydro pump is to hit things like forry hard, so they wont be able to spike against you.

why would you use hydro pump over with when people always switch in other water types to counter it. wish is for cb pokes like ken and regi who cant recover itself.

duggy is often used to pick pokemon off 1 by 1 so you'll need the power. not to mention duggy barely survives any attack so why would you use lum.

brave ggice 2hkos bliss and lax so i dont see whats wrong with it.

fireblast ohko (if not 2hko) skarm, without fireblast skarm will have a blast switching in. also why would you use earthquake when fire/fighting hits everything else harder?

duggy can pickoff and kill your pokemon 1by1, you might want to consider changing your own duggy to a jolly one.

cbhera can cause problems so shoving some def evs into that mence is that a bad idea.

My logic is smited...

either way, thanks for the constructive criticism on my constructive criticism....I appreciate the comments

Tyrano

Swampert- They are all right about running Hydro Pump on Swampy. It hits things harder, and with Swampert's defenses, it can afford a miss or two. It is a really good idea to have roar on him. CMSuicune can destroy half of this team.

Jirachi- Nice

Blaziken- I don't understand why you have Focus Punch AND Sky Uppercut. Two same type attack moves spells death to your Blaziken, especially when one of those slots can be used for EQ. Don't put Choice Band on him and try Overheat over Fire Blast, if you want.

Salamence- You are obviously going for the special sweeping set, so why have wish on him? And take off HP Grass. You wont be able to take out any water types with is before they take you out with Ice Beam. Put in Hydro Pump and Crunch over HP Grass and Wish. I suggest putting full Evs into SAtk and Spd now.

Dugtrio- Perfect. Most people go with Jolly nature, but with Adamant he does a lot more damage and still out runs the majority of things he is mainly used for killing, such as Blissey, TTar, Gross, and Celebi.

Regice- WTF. So what if it 2HKOs Blissey and Snorlax, you already have Duggy and Blaziken to do that job. Take off Focus Punch and Substitute and switch them for Thunder Wave and Rest/Explosion. Switch it's nature to Calm and max out your Evs into HP and SAtk.

Overall, i think that this is an okay team. Lots of common pokemon can wipe the floor with this team including, Swampert, Dugtrio, Suicune, and the right combination and prediction with Sceptile. But don't worry, just work at it and you'll be there in no time.
:pimp:

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Swampert- They are all right about running Hydro Pump on Swampy. It hits things harder, and with Swampert's defenses, it can afford a miss or two. It is a really good idea to have roar on him. CMSuicune can destroy half of this team.

Jirachi- Nice

Blaziken- I don't understand why you have Focus Punch AND Sky Uppercut. Two same type attack moves spells death to your Blaziken, especially when one of those slots can be used for EQ. Don't put Choice Band on him and try Overheat over Fire Blast, if you want.

Salamence- You are obviously going for the special sweeping set, so why have wish on him? And take off HP Grass. You wont be able to take out any water types with is before they take you out with Ice Beam. Put in Hydro Pump and Crunch over HP Grass and Wish. I suggest putting full Evs into SAtk and Spd now.

Dugtrio- Perfect. Most people go with Jolly nature, but with Adamant he does a lot more damage and still out runs the majority of things he is mainly used for killing, such as Blissey, TTar, Gross, and Celebi.

Regice- WTF. So what if it 2HKOs Blissey and Snorlax, you already have Duggy and Blaziken to do that job. Take off Focus Punch and Substitute and switch them for Thunder Wave and Rest/Explosion. Switch it's nature to Calm and max out your Evs into HP and SAtk.

Overall, i think that this is an okay team. Lots of common pokemon can wipe the floor with this team including, Swampert, Dugtrio, Suicune, and the right combination and prediction with Sceptile. But don't worry, just work at it and you'll be there in no time.
:pimp:
With Choice Banded Fighters in the OU Metagame, the pay off for predicting a switch with Focus Punch is that you hit a lot harder than Sky Uppercut, not to say Blaziken is really doing anything better with that slot.

The point of that Salamence IS for Wish support. Not many Salamence's will boast max HP EVs and try to sweep with a special set. Salamence just tends to utilize wish better with Fire Blast and an accompanying move.

The thing with Focus Punch Regice is, Snorlax and Blissey will run from Blaziken. They will switch into Regice. That makes pulling a Focus Punch on them alot easier.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roar

I've always used Mixpert with Protect for Explosion and stuff, but I guess Roar would do fine too.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 36 Spd / 36 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Wish

Fine. I still don't trust Thunder's accuracy though.

Blaziken (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Focus Punch
- Rock Slide
- Sky Uppercut

May I ask whats the seemingly random HP investment for? Other than that I would rather go Lonely or Naughty over Adamant.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Spd / 228 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Wish

I never liked Wishmence, then again I've never liked Mence much. Imo drop some of those SA EVs and put them into SDef or Def.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

I would make this Jolly but Adamant is good too.

Regice @ Leftovers
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Gimmickice? I could see this work in theory as most of the metagame would have trouble switching in on it. However
personally I prefer Ice with Resttalk and a more defensive spread so it can take hit better.
As someone previously said, you do have a quite glaring Swampert weak. I would either take out Salamence and put in a Resttalk Zapdos, since your team lacks a status taker and already has Jirachi as a wisher. or make Regice much more defensive, IE, Resttalk with Bold and stuff.

I like Resttalking stuff =)

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
I must state that, for the record, Blaziken uses Adamant because just about the only thing it's going to be using Fire Blast for are Steel types (mainly Skarmory). STABed Fire Blast running off of adamant put all steel types (including Aggron who doesn't matter) in the 1-2HKO range, and that's not taking into the account that Blaziken gets the Blaze trait, in which all of them are OHKOs. Even Celebi and Genger suffer the same exact fate. Note that I'm doing these based on predicted switch-ins, or circumstantially, paralysis, Agilipasses, etc.

Tyrano

With Choice Banded Fighters in the OU Metagame, the pay off for predicting a switch with Focus Punch is that you hit a lot harder than Sky Uppercut, not to say Blaziken is really doing anything better with that slot.

The point of that Salamence IS for Wish support. Not many Salamence's will boast max HP EVs and try to sweep with a special set. Salamence just tends to utilize wish better with Fire Blast and an accompanying move.

The thing with Focus Punch Regice is, Snorlax and Blissey will run from Blaziken. They will switch into Regice. That makes pulling a Focus Punch on them alot easier.
You are definately right about Choice Band Blaziken, but don't you think that any good physical sweeper SHOULD have EQ? But w/e. If your gonna add EQ, replace, maybe, Sky Uppercut?

And I was Just saying to take Wish off of Salamence cuz of his EVs. A good Wishmence would have some of those SAtk Evs in Def and maybe even some in SDef. He could even put Protect over HP Grass like you said and put Toxic over Dragon Claw.

Okay, even if you predict a switch in to Snorlax or Blissey with Focus Punch from Regice, it's not going to 1HKO it. Then what do you do? Try for a another Focus Punch but end up getting hit, or try to switch but end up getting a T-Wave from Blissey or a Curse/Hit from Snorlax? Very risky there. Any team could easily beat a FPing Regice with good prediction cuz it just does not have the Atk or Spd to back itself up. It would help your team to have more SAtk support, cuz it has enough regular attack power already, don't you think? I know that Blaziken and Swampert are like mixed sweepers, and that you have Jirachi and Mence, but Blaze and Pert do more damage with just Atk. Regice could do so much more as a Boltbeamer being able to cripple a sweeper with T-Wave and take someone down with it with Explosion.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
The purpose of that Regice is the guessing game. Not to mention after the initial Focus Punch from Regice, Dugtrio gets a free switch-in no matter what Blissey does. There's always the risk of Counter, but that's a risk most people are willing to take.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
You are definately right about Choice Band Blaziken, but don't you think that any good physical sweeper SHOULD have EQ? But w/e. If your gonna add EQ, replace, maybe, Sky Uppercut?

Fighting types don't necessarily need EQ. However, in theory, EQ would replace Focus Punch

And I was Just saying to take Wish off of Salamence cuz of his EVs. A good Wishmence would have some of those SAtk Evs in Def and maybe even some in SDef. He could even put Protect over HP Grass like you said and put Toxic over Dragon Claw.

Aye, but the HP was more of a giveaway.

Okay, even if you predict a switch in to Snorlax or Blissey with Focus Punch from Regice, it's not going to 1HKO it. Then what do you do? Try for a another Focus Punch but end up getting hit, or try to switch but end up getting a T-Wave from Blissey or a Curse/Hit from Snorlax? Very risky there. Any team could easily beat a FPing Regice with good prediction cuz it just does not have the Atk or Spd to back itself up.

You don't even have to predict Blissey. You Substitute. If Blissey comes in, that's a free Focus Punch. You can try and predict a Softboiled and FP again. If it doesn't come through, no biggie; You've just taken a nice chunk off its HP anyway. As a matter of fact, with an Adamant Dugtrio, it can switch in on the Seismic Toss and Finish Blissey off.

It would help your team to have more SAtk support, cuz it has enough regular attack power already, don't you think? I know that Blaziken and Swampert are like mixed sweepers, and that you have Jirachi and Mence, but Blaze and Pert do more damage with just Atk. Regice could do so much more as a Boltbeamer being able to cripple a sweeper with T-Wave and take someone down with it with Explosion.

If you look at the situation, Adding in more Special Attack isn't really a solution; There's only one Pokemon that doesn't even have a special attack: Dugtrio. Besides that, what's adding more SAtk going to do? Stop Skarmory? Regice has Thunderbolt/Ice Beam at it's disposal, Swampert has Hydro Pump, and Blaziken is Blaziken. There's nothing really that has a physically defensive prowess that scares the team, except maybe Weezing if it Sludge Bombs Blaziken on the switch.

Though I will concur with you on Thunder Wave/Explosion Regice, which would make a nice setup on the team.

Tyrano

All i said was that more SAtk COULD help, not that it would solve his problem. I wasn't considering Dugtrio in the whole, Regice attacking Blissey or Snorlax thing, I was talking about one on one. But that Duggy-Regice combo thing would be sweet. But after that Blissey or Snorlax is gone, the FPing Regice will be pretty useless. Not COMPLETELY useless. Maybe you could do the same thing with TTar, but probably not cuz he will be attacking with EQ, stopping the FP or killing Duggy on the switch. Regice could just be more useful later in the battle, if you had the Boltbeam/Explosion/T-Wave moveset. You know, for Blaziken or Swampert or even Jirachi? I don't know.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
But Focus Punch Regice isn't really meant for one on one consideration. However, if you look at it, Blissey would Seismic Toss first, and Regice could get in another Substitute, allowing for another Focus Punch.

Tyrano

Good point. This is a situation where speed DOES NOT matter. lol. But i guess your right. It could turn into stall match though, with Blissey Softboiling while Regice Subs. Then Blissey hits with Seismic Toss but Regice uses Focus Punch. Repeat the process. Blissey would win in this situation though, unless you predict the Soft Boil and hit with FP....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)