ReversalCham in Sandstream...

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Medicham's awesomest set in early Advance (hint: It was Reversal!) is severely hindered in DP with Sandstream. Me being the determined Medifan that I am, I think I found something that can work.

Medicham @ Salac Berry
Jolly 6 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 hp
Substitute
Endure
Reversal
Psycho Cut/Rock Slide

30 HP makes your HP divisible by 4. This is critical. So here's how it works. If your opponent has a Sandstream, the best bet for you is to use it after a KO so you get in more than one Reversal. You Sub, they switch, 100 - 25 - 6 = 69 % HP. You Sub, 69 - 25 - 6 = 38 %. You Sub, 38 - 25 - 6 = 7 %, Salac active. 7 % gives you a base 150 power (without STAB!) Reversal to work with. You use it, they die, you take Sandstream, and you are at 1%, giving you a 200 BP-before STAB Reversal that is notorious for knocking down 100-ton steel doors. If you really want to switch RCham in (like you can switch in a Medicham) on a stat up, or if you get hit by Stealth Rock, you can do the same thing and pull off just 1 Reversal.

Obviously Sandstorm is very situational. In the case of 90% of teams you will face without Sandstream, Endure lets you End-Rev like a pro. If you are really scared of Priority, Sub and you'll have a 40 BP without STAB Reversal if you took no damage, or 80 BP without STAB with Stealth Rock.

So it seems like a lot of effort just to make one of the more fun combos in Advance viable on something other than Lucario, but there's nothing in the whole world that is better than killing Tyranitar with a Reversal.

So what was my glaring omission?

No way to boost attack really hurts you... sub AND reversal is just too much of a gimmick, better off bringing a weather changer or something... plus Cress totally walls you, but you can't do much about that anyway

Hmm...even against SS teams, though, you're dying after 2 hits. Like Lexx said, a weather changer would probably be a better idea.

Also, Medicham doesn't learn Stone Edge.

No way to boost attack really hurts you... sub AND reversal is just too much of a gimmick, better off bringing a weather changer or something... plus Cress totally walls you, but you can't do much about that anyway
Medicham has 418 attack without any boosts, and with a 300 BP Reversal, that's more than enough to KO just about everything. Besides, Medicham's huge problem is it's horrid speed.

Medicham has 418 attack without any boosts, and with a 300 BP Reversal, that's more than enough to KO just about everything. Besides, Medicham's huge problem is it's horrid speed.
Adamant endure-reversal Heracross has 394 attack without any boosts, but would you really use it without swords dance?

Some calcs vs Hippowdon, Cress, Donphan, etc would be nice.

Why would they switch in there sand streamer on the sub when you are at full health? They'll just wait untill you are at 1%.

Reversal at 1% HP is 200 BP, not 300.

I don't think RevCham is really too great nowadays.

cim

Why would they switch in there sand streamer on the sub when you are at full health? They'll just wait untill you are at 1%.
Uh, most of the time Sandstream is up beforehand if it's part of a team.

Everything is max def/hp except for gyarados [which is 212hp/180def nuetral nature]
Cresselia 27%-31%
Donphan 62%-74%
Hippowdon 58%-68%
Slowbro 32%-38%
Gyarados 32%-38%

a max def/hp gyarados 26%-31%

cim

Yay, you can 2HKO Sandwalls! At the expense of your Reversaler...

I think Bulk Up could be a decent option for filler if you don't mind having nothing for Ghosts.

Adamant endure-reversal Heracross has 394 attack without any boosts, but would you really use it without swords dance?

Some calcs vs Hippowdon, Cress, Donphan, etc would be nice.
Heracross is 383, not 394 (not like it really matters) but I see your point. Still though, I'm not big into EndRevver's, but I think that this Medicham would be able to do some serious damage late game.

Also:

cornflake pk said:
Reversal at 1% HP is 200 BP, not 300.
200 * 1.5(STAB)=300 base power

protect, priority, rocks, spikes, prediction, phaze

sorry.

edit: why not go leichi berry? chances are, you're not going to attract their sweepers when you stick up the sub, you might scare them away, chances are, leichi to ensure you can actually kill something.

cim

Because Medicham has enough attack to kill all but the best physical walls. Obviously you've never seen or used EndRev before.

Obviously Medicham is still worse off than in Advance, but he could easily sweep the late game and turn the tide against a Sandstream team, potentially crippling 2 opponents.

Or...........OR...........OR.........You can just use a regular ScarfCham with Reversal as a filler move. You get to normally revenge and hit random stuff with random effectiveness. Once in a while, switch into that Charge Beam from Cresselia, maybe take an SToss from Blissey. If they have Stealth Rock down, helps whittle you down each time you come in. Eventually you'll be in the hopefully 100Base going on up range for a few hits, but you'll have high speed!

cim

Or...........OR...........OR.........You can just use a regular ScarfCham with Reversal as a filler move. You get to normally revenge and hit random stuff with random effectiveness. Once in a while, switch into that Charge Beam from Cresselia, maybe take an SToss from Blissey. If they have Stealth Rock down, helps whittle you down each time you come in. Eventually you'll be in the hopefully 100Base going on up range for a few hits, but you'll have high speed!
Or or or... you could be slightly less of a douche. My idea isn't THAT stupid.

I don't recall calling anything stupid...disregard my suggestion if you think it's an insult to your's, but isn't it semi-insulting to start calling people douches yet claim an idea of yours not to be stupid, especially when no one made any hint of suggestion of insulting you in the first place?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Really, I see very, VERY little point of Endure AND Substitute if you're throwing yourself at 1HP (or attempting to anyways). You would want at least Meditate or Bulk Up there somewhere.

And actually Aeroblacktyl did make some sense with Reversal. It could work possibly anywhere, and you're still hitting things pretty hard.

Still, no matter what, weather is problematic for a lot of Reversal users. Only a few like Lucario can pull it off decently without screw-ups, and that's a big if.

It's a nice set, and it CAN work in theory, but you would need someone to summon at least Sun / Rain in order to counter the Sandstorm still to make this work effectively.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't recall calling anything stupid...disregard my suggestion if you think it's an insult to your's, but isn't it semi-insulting to start calling people douches yet claim an idea of yours not to be stupid, especially when no one made any hint of suggestion of insulting you in the first place?
the first three words of your post give off a tone of unbelievable condescension and i am now convinced you just don't know any better because nobody is stupid enough to continue to test the waters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)