AAA Almost Any Ability

Maybe Psychic Surge should be looked into yep, I agree with you when you say it makes a lot of Pokemons too much powerful, and the fact that it can be used by other Pokemons too. But i'm not in the council so i don't know what they want to ban. Besides, we will have to wait a little since Pheromosa was just got banned.

this is false btw - you will always survive the first hit, true, but subsequent hits will KO you.

Someone (I think Chopin?) brought up a couple of other Weavile checks, one of which is Magearna - regenerator sets can come in consistently throughout the match as long as there aren't several layers of hazards up. Regen Mag is good at a ton of other things too, but you all already know that so I'm not going to list them.

252 Atk Life Orb Technician Weavile Beat Up (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 121-142 (33.2 - 39%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Technician Weavile Beat Up (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 240-283 (65.9 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Magearna can come in on SD or Beat Up reliably. This assumes an average base attack of 100 on your team (and yes, I took technician into effect). In return:
0 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 248-294 (88.2 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO (36 Modest/Quiet guarantees the KO), or
0 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 402-474 (143 - 168.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Huh- they changed that back in gen4. What GF chooses to prioritize when dolling out nerfs is still a mystery.

252 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 331-391 (90.9 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO(not a counter...common sets barely a check)
252 Atk Tough Claws Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 313-370 (96.9 - 114.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock(scarf phera albeit a bit odd, is a thing. they also run adamant lol)
4 SpA Pheromosa Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 186-220 (48.4 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery(not a counter)
and all of these die to stakeout if they try to switch in.

and priority can be shrugged off with dazzling if your that paranoid of it.
the problem i see with your mindset, is your assuming phera has to OHKO stuff to be "threatening" which just isnt really true. phera threatens the meta with its stupidly high speed tier (scarfed 80's dont even outpace it) alongside its better-then-average attacking stats which further help it threaten offensive teams, and common stops to its main sets, can easily be mitigated by simply running special phero. its versitility, combat power and speed tier is what made it broken. not its ability to ohko walls.

edit: pardon all the edits, i kinda wrote this up pretty fast, but i hope it gets my logic across. :P
But what about the fact that Pheromosa is, well... As frail as it looks? My point isn't that it has to OHKO to be a threat- its that OHKOs are the only thing that could make it all that much worse than other speedy revenge killers, from what I've seen, because if it can't immediately eliminate the threat, you're ded.

Though, also looking at the calculations... Under the right circumstances with common sets, it could OHKO. So, the problem is that it has the *potential* to OHKO depending on one of the many sets it has, thus making it unrealistic to counter?

I can see that- do you send in your speedy Keldeo to takeout the weaker Dazzling Pheremosa, or use Arealate Xspeed on the stronger, but not anti-priority Tough Claws/Life Orb set? And if you choose wrong, uded.

Makes sense.

yeah, i could easily be jumping the gun here
qm/dazzling not being enough to keep -atespeed out of the spotlight is definitely something to keep in mind, and there aren't many strong abusers beyond megazam and scarf hoopa-u

Personally, I think anti-priority is a good thing- it means speed stuff can be useful. Set up Sticky Web or Tailwind. Use ZHypnosis. Focus Sash/Unburden if Speed Boost gets banned.

Or heck, just run your own terrain!

Galvantula is actually quite useful in this meta- it gets both Gastro Acid and Sticky Web, as well as Agility, if you're into speed. Save for Magic Bounce, Gastro Acid from an electric pokemon can definitely force switches, and you can take advantage of that as you wish. Being an Electric type, it can do some good with Electric Terrain.

Ultimately, I gotta agree that the meta could use some more time to develop before many more bans are in place- especially with things altogether new to Pokemon as a whole.

...Though going back to the topic of Meta-specific unbans, I'm not clear on how it relates to the current game Meta- Bank isn't out yet, but we're still playing with it because we know for sure Gamefreak is releasing it?

What about obscure things, like Gen2 exclusives, cosplay pikachu, and things like that? Anything specific to AAA? (We can use 'unreleased' abilities it seems)
I know some folks will be groaning at the mention of obscure stuff like that, but I'd rather ask these questions now.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Personally, I think anti-priority is a good thing- it means speed stuff can be useful. Set up Sticky Web or Tailwind. Use ZHypnosis. Focus Sash/Unburden if Speed Boost gets banned.

Or heck, just run your own terrain!

Galvantula is actually quite useful in this meta- it gets both Gastro Acid and Sticky Web, as well as Agility, if you're into speed. Save for Magic Bounce, Gastro Acid from an electric pokemon can definitely force switches, and you can take advantage of that as you wish. Being an Electric type, it can do some good with Electric Terrain.

Ultimately, I gotta agree that the meta could use some more time to develop before many more bans are in place- especially with things altogether new to Pokemon as a whole.

...Though going back to the topic of Meta-specific unbans, I'm not clear on how it relates to the current game Meta- Bank isn't out yet, but we're still playing with it because we know for sure Gamefreak is releasing it?

What about obscure things, like Gen2 exclusives, cosplay pikachu, and things like that? Anything specific to AAA? (We can use 'unreleased' abilities it seems)
I know some folks will be groaning at the mention of obscure stuff like that, but I'd rather ask these questions now.
we chose pokebank because we found it pointless to attempt to use pre-bank, as that gives us a unclear idea of the metagame, as its going to change dramatically with the inclusion of pokebank, thus meaning we would have to wait until pokebank is out before we can take the meta seriously, which for serious OMs, could be a HUGE setback. basically, pre bank OU is nothing like pokebank OU, and if we used Pre bank, anything we do would be pointless, as the meta would be having a HUGE change once pokebank comes out.

gen 2 exclusives? theres no way of getting gen 2 exclusives (if we are talking about GSC here) into gen 7 due to the gen 3 cutoff. gen 1 is because of pokebank. likewise, cosplay pikachu is forced to stay in gen 6, as cosplay pika isn't coded into gen 7, thus there is no way to trade it from 6 to 7. likewise, banning the few unreleased abilities that exist would be a pretty pointless choice (literally long reach, and the voice thing, along with a few others) since the list is super narrow, and doesn't really make sense when you think that you can have any ability on any mon, why would we restrict abilities JUST because they aren't released? mons can get abilities they aren't even coded to get, so might as well let them have abilities not released yet. if you get what i'm saying.

and im not groaning at all at these questions, they are pretty important questions to ask. and although i'm not the best at answering questions, if i'm dead wrong, the council will probably correct me :P

we chose pokebank because we found it pointless to attempt to use pre-bank, as that gives us a unclear idea of the metagame, as its going to change dramatically with the inclusion of pokebank, thus meaning we would have to wait until pokebank is out before we can take the meta seriously, which for serious OMs, could be a HUGE setback. basically, pre bank OU is nothing like pokebank OU, and if we used Pre bank, anything we do would be pointless, as the meta would be having a HUGE change once pokebank comes out.

gen 2 exclusives? theres no way of getting gen 2 exclusives (if we are talking about GSC here) into gen 7 due to the gen 3 cutoff. gen 1 is because of pokebank. likewise, cosplay pikachu is forced to stay in gen 6, as cosplay pika isn't coded into gen 7, thus there is no way to trade it from 6 to 7. likewise, banning the few unreleased abilities that exist would be a pretty pointless choice (literally long reach, and the voice thing, along with a few others) since the list is super narrow, and doesn't really make sense when you think that you can have any ability on any mon, why would we restrict abilities JUST because they aren't released? mons can get abilities they aren't even coded to get, so might as well let them have abilities not released yet. if you get what i'm saying.

and im not groaning at all at these questions, they are pretty important questions to ask. and although i'm not the best at answering questions, if i'm dead wrong, the council will probably correct me :P
I don't have much to say about pokebank/non pokebank except that I prefer it how it is, but the unreleased abilities bit is in contrast to current OM policy laid out by The Immortal , as well as inconsistent with other tiers.
upload_2016-12-21_15-1-45.png

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
I don't have much to say about pokebank/non pokebank except that I prefer it how it is, but the unreleased abilities bit is in contrast to current OM policy laid out by The Immortal , as well as inconsistent with other tiers.
View attachment 75387
i hate going against authority opinions on this matter, but i honestly dont know why he says that, mix and mega alongside sketchmons and stabmons all follow a specific logic behind why you cant use unreleased moves, sketch and stabmons both assume sketch mechanics in that you cannot sketch what doesn't exist in the games yet, likewise, mix and mega follows its formula because stones aren't obtainable. AAA has no excuse to not include unreleased abilities, unless they aren't specifically in the coding, as this meta doesn't have the same "logic" as stabmons, sketchmons or even mix and mega. theres no "rule" that limits that. but fine, 2 useless-ish abilities don't really matter much regardless. lmfao.

correct me if im wrong but i dont think aaa had such a problem with unreleased abilities til now especially unique ones, this is probably why its being addressed

I've been wanting to get more active on the forums as of late so I thought I'd post some sets I've been running in AAA

Reginator

Reginator (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Iron Head
So this big guy, I really enjoy Registeel as a lead. With Fluffy he can take some dead serious hits and live to tell the tale and with his outstanding 438 SpD, It's even better. Now I won't say this set is flawless with Fluffy it basically holds a 4x weakness to fire. Which is an issue. But It's not here to live through the fire and the flames, It's a physical wall with special on the side. Stealth Rock is for that generic lead rocks, T-wave is to help it with some livability. Seismic Toss for that set damage, Combating other leads as it does a solid 41% to 252 HP Shuckle. Also with Iron Head you can easily attempt a Para Flinch combo. (Happens more than you think.) Lefties exists to give it some sort of Sustain, Originally I ran Chesto Rest but I found that I did not need it to exist for that long on the field. So I swapped it out with Iron Head and Lefties. That's all that I can really think of for the Reginator over here. I hope you give him a try and I'll see you in the arena.

Here are some Calc's that will hopefully help show you Regi's greatest defense.

It bodies threats like AV Magearna
52+ SpA Magearna Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 104-124 (28.5 - 34%) -- 98.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you wanted to throw some Def ev's it could even live a Excadrill
(Without Defense)
252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 338-400 (92.8 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

(With Defense)
252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Registeel: 307-367 (84.3 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Pheromosa? More like bareamosa! Hah!...
252 Atk Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Registeel: 284-336 (78 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 312-368 (85.7 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Twix

Twix (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake​
Good ol' Twix...What's to say about this guy? With it's already decent natural bulk, As long as the enemy does not have priority Ice or Fairy, Anything it touches dies. With an easy enough set up to get +2 Attack and +2 Speed. Most things fear Twix, Protect is there to help set up Speed Boost, Dragon Claw and EQ are both incredible stab moves allowing him to hit just about anything. Jolly is just there to help keep it's speed up due to the loss of speed once you mega. Even without a boosting nature Twix still hits like a truck. Not much more to say about this one. It's a Land Shark and it's going to eat yo face.

Some good ol' Calcs

Without Mega It can still take on quite a bit.

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 290-344 (79.6 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

with Boosts + Mega

+2 252 Atk Garchomp-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 710-836 (195 - 229.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Garchomp-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 560-662 (153.8 - 181.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I hope I did not give you guys too much cancer and if people enjoy these I might do more of em...so yeah. Have a good day ^.^

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Twix

Twix (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake​
Good ol' Twix...What's to say about this guy? With it's already decent natural bulk, As long as the enemy does not have priority Ice or Fairy, Anything it touches dies. With an easy enough set up to get +2 Attack and +2 Speed. Most things fear Twix, Protect is there to help set up Speed Boost, Dragon Claw and EQ are both incredible stab moves allowing him to hit just about anything. Jolly is just there to help keep it's speed up due to the loss of speed once you mega. Even without a boosting nature Twix still hits like a truck. Not much more to say about this one. It's a Land Shark and it's going to eat yo face.

Some good ol' Calcs

Without Mega It can still take on quite a bit.

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 290-344 (79.6 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

with Boosts + Mega

+2 252 Atk Garchomp-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 710-836 (195 - 229.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Garchomp-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 560-662 (153.8 - 181.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I hope I did not give you guys too much cancer and if people enjoy these I might do more of em...so yeah. Have a good day ^.^
Would mega chomp have speed boost as well or is it just regular chomp who gets it ?

One more possible anti-Pheromosa mon: Togekiss. Togekiss doubly resists (1/4dmg) both Bug and Fighting, and can use Aerliate E-Speed against it. Or non-priority Air Slash for that matter.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
One more possible anti-Pheromosa mon: Togekiss. Togekiss doubly resists (1/4dmg) both Bug and Fighting, and can use Aerliate E-Speed against it. Or non-priority Air Slash for that matter.
Pheromosa is banned, anyways togekiss doesn't take tough claws poison jab or sheer force boosted ice beam though(both life orb boosted) well at all, so it can't switch or even folds after rocks.

Anyways, while at it I made a good stallbreaker set of hoopa today, thought I'd share it with you(don't know if people already use it or not, but all I have seen are either hustle or adaptability)

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Fire Punch

Main draw of this set is fire punch which lures magearna bluffing a special set while doing like 65-70 to it. Focus blast still 2hkoes chansey. Other moves are pretty standard though breaking through standard defensive cores, thus allowing cleaners like Mega Alakazam and opening holes for psychic spam. Though it won't be that good against offense, it puts up a load of work against balance and stall, as literally everything gets 2hkoed. This kind of saves you from running a mag-pull mon for psychic spam offense.(Though it's still better to run one)

Last edited:
I hate coming with those but Speed Boost is too unhealthy for the metagame.

We have too much abusers of that ability and they can't be all countered by a single thing. The fact that Psychic Surge exists also invalidates priority and don't worry, 5-8 turns is more than enough for those abusers to 6-0 your team. I dunno what is like for others, but i'm going towards a suspect of Speed Boost in AAA that has become even more broken than in gen 6 due to this new stuff.

Not to mention the most abusers of this ability all get boosting moves (Xurkitree getting the absurd Tail Glow even!) turning them into wallbreakers AND revenge killers. The only answers are really Volt Absorb Toxapex with Haze for Xurkitree, or sturdy Prankster Haze users (again Toxapex but it loses to Xurkitree if it doesn't have Volt Absorb)

I think banning this ability would make the metagame balanced again.

Would mega chomp have speed boost as well or is it just regular chomp who gets it ?
Only Regular Garchomp gets the Speed Boost Ability but what I like so much about this set is. It takes at most 2 turns after the switch in to get Garchomp set up and ready to mega, With the Sand Rush it gains and a pokemon you have that can carry Sand Stream you have yourself a very powerful sweeper that can even take on some of it's own threats. As EQ will be doing 1.3x more in the sand and you can even swap out DClaw for Stone Edge.

Here's a very basic idea for a low-tier starter.

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
IV's, EV's, Nature: mostly 31's but 0 Speed, 252 Attack and HP, Brave (because power)

== Flare Blitz (no recoil for you!)
== Superpower
== Head Smash (no recoil for you!)
== Wild Charge (no recoil for you!) // Earthquake

Lower-tier mons deserve a chance to shine too. EDITED FOR TRICK ROOM.

Last edited:

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
IV's, EV's, Nature: 31's, 252 Attack and HP with 4 Speed, Adamant (because power)

== Superpower

Lower-tier mons deserve a chance to shine too.
I've tried this, Sadly Emboar just does not have the stats to really stand up to what it needs to.

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
IV's, EV's, Nature: 31's, 252 Attack and HP with 4 Speed, Adamant (because power)

== Superpower

Lower-tier mons deserve a chance to shine too.
I faced a Trick Room team today, and this sounds like it would really shine there. You'll probably want a Life Orb and Magic Guard for that purpose, to ensure Emboar can make the most out of the limited time.

The lower tiers can often shine brightly in these OMs, but you need a little... creativity to bring them to their fullest. Often, people dislike some of those that are lower down for one big reason, and fixing said reason is completely possible in something like this.
For an example, Parasect.
Well, it's completely awful, on first appearance, sporting more weaknesses than you can shake a stick at. However, it has access to the powerful Spore, a 100% accurate sleep move. ...But Parasect is slow as molasses. So it's going to be a challenge to put something to sleep and use that attack stat.

But we can fix that... with Prankster.

Parasect @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed/Seed Bomb/Aromatherapy

Well... Parasect is not something that I recommend you actually use, but for something with 2 common 4X weaknesses, it actually has a surprising amount of utility. Spore guarantees something sleeps... excepting Magic Bounce and Grass types, most of which don't want to be near Parasect. And this way, Parasect can actually do something. And feel free to (not) use this, because Parasect is still second banana to Breloom... who is usually ditched in favor of Katarna.

(Yes, I know we didn't solve all of Parasect's problems, but this solves the biggest one... what else was I supposed to do when the randomizer hands me a Paras as the first example?)

I edited the Emboar set to serve a Trick Room team. And that Parasect set looks delightful; I love Parasect because its 'dex entries can be so creepy.

I faced a Trick Room team today, and this sounds like it would really shine there. You'll probably want a Life Orb and Magic Guard for that purpose, to ensure Emboar can make the most out of the limited time.

The lower tiers can often shine brightly in these OMs, but you need a little... creativity to bring them to their fullest. Often, people dislike some of those that are lower down for one big reason, and fixing said reason is completely possible in something like this.
For an example, Parasect.
Well, it's completely awful, on first appearance, sporting more weaknesses than you can shake a stick at. However, it has access to the powerful Spore, a 100% accurate sleep move. ...But Parasect is slow as molasses. So it's going to be a challenge to put something to sleep and use that attack stat.

But we can fix that... with Prankster.

Parasect @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed/Seed Bomb/Aromatherapy

Well... Parasect is not something that I recommend you actually use, but for something with 2 common 4X weaknesses, it actually has a surprising amount of utility. Spore guarantees something sleeps... excepting Magic Bounce and Grass types, most of which don't want to be near Parasect. And this way, Parasect can actually do something. And feel free to (not) use this, because Parasect is still second banana to Breloom... who is usually ditched in favor of Katarna.

(Yes, I know we didn't solve all of Parasect's problems, but this solves the biggest one... what else was I supposed to do when the randomizer hands me a Paras as the first example?)
This set could be good, but the nerf of Prankster means that Dark types won't mind Spore and Leech Seed, sure you have Leech Life, but i think Breloom is better in that role due to having a better typing, better offensive stats, better speed and resisting BOTH Tyranitar's STAB moves. I would definetely prefer Breloom (even if it lacks Aromatherapy). Parasect is just...too slow and weak for that to work.

Breloom @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Subsitute
- Drain Punch / Focus Punch

The 3 first moves are mandatory and part of Breloom's utility set. The choice between Drain Punch and Focus Punch is a matter of additional recovery through Drain Punch while packing good power, and Focus Punch to hit very hard if you had a substitute up. Those two moves share a same aim though, smashing opposing Dark types that would love having a free switch in due to their immunity to Prankster moves.

Sure you miss on Grass types and Magic Bouncers that have a Fighting resistance (or immunity) but that's about all.

I used that set in Gen 6 and works very well (of course Prankster immunity wasn't an issue at that time), and it also stops Speed Boosters in their tracks if they aren't Dark or Grass typed (and if they are Dark type, they could be smashed by a Fighting STAB move that hurt coming off Breloom base 130 Attack).

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Ye, generally I find prankster spore and shenanigans predictable as fuck, but right now it is pretty much the only way offense deals with all kind of speed boosters, so yeah these are kind of useful. But the thing is the dark nerf doesn't hurt prankster, there aren't many viable dark sweepers, except maybe hoopa but even that prefers being a wallbreaker, but psychic surge itself. This anti-priority is a big fuck you to it's face and not many could do much much about that.

Anyways, since bisharp is in the core for CLC now, I thought of a cool psychic spam check, thought I'd share with you.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
I have tried it on ladder only, but seriously it works like weavile works for stall in OU, since most psychics except victini only have focus blast to hit darks, what happens when you take it away! (I even forced one guy who cteamed me to run hp fighting :) )
Yeah you get it, it traps the shit out of most psychic spammers and bisharps raw power means it isn't a sitting duck either.

That's the set i use currently on the ladder, while it lacks the punch of the TC or Adapt sets, it can trap almost all Ghost and Psychic types (the only ones it misses are Chandelure, Victini, Malamar and Delphox if i'm not wrong and all would hate taking a Sucker Punch anyways) It's really working and i enjoy this set.

Prankster is pretty predictable, yes. Hence why you don't usually see me use Prankster.
This Bisharp set is pretty cool, though.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Magic Bounce Dark types are great, and especially so if they can set up in front of the opposing lead! Not too many Hazard setters are prepared to deal with a Bisharp in their face, so feel free to abuse this face, and take that time to start a sweep. As an incredible bonus, it can't be burned, except by Mold Breaker. The simulation will warn you about Mold Breaker, so if they send one in, you know they're going to do something to poor Bisharp. It's also vulnerable to Triage Drain Punch...

Also, why would I suggest Trick Room without some solid setters?

Necrozma @ Leftovers/Psychium Z/Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic/Prismatic Laser
- Dark Pulse
- Trick Room
- Morning Sun

Necrozma is incredibly powerful under Psychic Terrain, and is pretty slow, meaning it is good at setting up Trick Room, and then abusing it. While it is worse right now with the Core Laddering Challenge requiring a Bisharp, it's still a powerful force if you manage to remove Dark types...

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch

...And nothing does that quite as well as Magearna. You've seen most of this before, and Quiet nature is also an option to smack around whatever you want after the Trick Room has been set, as well as being powerful, even if you're Taunted at the time. There's more setters than this, so experiment to find what really suits you!

Last edited:
i prefer bulletproof on Bisharp cause like my team is really weak to Alakazam and sometimes its encore set messes up my Snorlax, so it's good to have a trapper that can remove it any time.

But it might work for other teams i guess. Thanks for sharing with us buddy.

If i was a council member a phletora of abilities would have been already quickbanned or suspected.

Among them: Speed Boost, Stamina.

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
i prefer bulletproof on Bisharp cause like my team is really weak to Alakazam and sometimes its encore set messes up my Snorlax, so it's good to have a trapper that can remove it any time.

But it might work for other teams i guess. Thanks for sharing with us buddy.

If i was a council member a phletora of abilities would have been already quickbanned or suspected.

Among them: Speed Boost, Stamina.
actually, no they wouldn't. just so people will stop constantly asking why speed boost and a bunch of shit is still in the tier, im going to set a few things straight so hopefully you guys will understand my situation and stop complaining:

1) to quickban something, the entire council needs to agree its beyond saving without a sliver of a doubt, and should be removed immediately. simple enough right? well, sometimes not the entire council is HERE to listen. and sometimes people may disagree. if someone disagrees, well tough luck, it ain't being quickbanned.

2) due to a new rule, we can only have one OM suspect at a time. this new rule was placed so people can actually participate in the suspects. so yes. if speed boost cant be quickbanned, you are estimating around a month waiting time before we can suspect something. also majority wins, if 3 people out of the 5 disagree, then a suspect can occur, if 3 disagree, well you aint suspecting it.

3) there has to be a wait time before each of these quickbans+suspects. why? well the meta should adapt before we go on a banning spree. we cannot ban shit just because we don't feel like stopping them. the meta has to adjust so we can see if these new problems are a result of the mon, or the lack of proper teambuilding to accomodate for the new meta.

i know speed boost needs to go. i know that. but with these three rules, im stuck at a impasse that only time can solve. im sorry for being rude, but please bear with me here, im trying my best to get this solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)