Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Pixilate is said to change Normal type moves into Fairy type moves (obviously). Like a lot of people, I ran Hyper Voice on my Sylveon. I thought I could get a Z-Move off of it, so I gave it a Fairium Z. However, it was incompatible with the move. Then, I attempted to give it a Normalium Z. It was compatible, and Breakneck Blitz was listed as a Fairy type move because of Pixilate, so I used it on a Marowak-Alolan. However, it said it was unaffected, as if it was still a Normal type move. Then, I ran the Fairy type Breakneck Blitz against a Hydreigon (to confirm the moves type as Normal) and it wasn't super effective.
Perhaps this is how it is in the games (Breakneck Blitz retains the properties of Normal type, even with Pixilate), and in that case, please make sure to have Breakneck Blitz listed as Normal type when used on Sylveon.
If it's supposed to be ran with Fairium Z, please change that.
If it's supposed to be a Fairy type move, well then, please make it a Fairy type move.
I'm going to try to get a Pixilate Sylveon in SuMo to zero in on the problem (instead of having 3 different possible problems, not knowing which one is correct), and I'll repost my results if I do. Thank you!
-ate abilities don't change the Z-move's type as it would with regular Normal-type moves. For example, Pixilate Sylveon with a Normalium Z using Hyper Voice with its Z-power will result in a Breakneck Blitz, not Twinkle Tackle (originally, Hyper Voice is a Normal-type move, not Fairy-type).

In your case, Breakneck Blitz shouldn't be listed as a Fairy-type move (much like Hidden Power with the mon's Z-power can only be compatible with Normalium Z and will always result in a Breakneck Blitz, whatever typing HP is set to).

Hope this helps understand the mechanics of -ate abilities + Z-moves.

I logged in into my account today to play like I normally do and I saw that everything was reset my teams were erased it's like if I started again but I'm in my normal account is there a solution or am I stuck

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I logged in into my account today to play like I normally do and I saw that everything was reset my teams were erased it's like if I started again but I'm in my normal account is there a solution or am I stuck
Your teams will disappear if you clear your cookies/history, or if you login from another device or browser. To avoid that, be sure to save them on a site like Pastebin or on a local document so you can paste them back into your teambuilder when this happens.

Your teams will disappear if you clear your cookies/history, or if you login from another device or browser. To avoid that, be sure to save them on a site like Pastebin or on a local document so you can paste them back into your teambuilder when this happens.
Ok thank you

-ate abilities don't change the Z-move's type as it would with regular Normal-type moves. For example, Pixilate Sylveon with a Normalium Z using Hyper Voice with its Z-power will result in a Breakneck Blitz, not Twinkle Tackle (originally, Hyper Voice is a Normal-type move, not Fairy-type).

In your case, Breakneck Blitz shouldn't be listed as a Fairy-type move (much like Hidden Power with the mon's Z-power can only be compatible with Normalium Z and will always result in a Breakneck Blitz, whatever typing HP is set to).

Hope this helps understand the mechanics of -ate abilities + Z-moves.
Alright, thank you. In that case, they still need to change it from listing it (and other -ate/-ize abilities) as what ever the -ate/-ize changes Normal's type to, and instead, as Normal type.

Alright, so I had a battle with this one dude with a Landorus-T who for some strange reason moved first before my max speed scarfed Kyurem-B. The highest speed stat before any boosts applied that Lando can have is 309, so if he had a scarf it would be 309 x 1.5 = 463.5, whereas my Kyurem would obviously be faster at 317 x 1.5 = 475.5.

This is the replay that I downloaded as an .html: http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8134zjriac8ca0/wtf.html

and here is my team's pastebin as proof of max speed (I can certainly vouch for any form of method for PS admins to prove it on their side too, if there is any)

http://pastebin.com/4St5YzyU

as well as a screenshot

Naive nature (+Spe, -SpD), 252 EVs in Speed making it 317 + scarf. I have not even touched my team whatsoever since that battle, I've always had my Kyurem like that.

I had a chat with AlphaWittem about it after asking in Help:

So seems to be a bug in any case since I'm convinced hacking on PS is impossible.
I don't have mediafire, and so can't examine the replay, but did any of these happen?
-Thunder wave/glare/nuzzle on kyurem (or other paralysis)
-Speed Drop moves such as glaciate or icy wind on kyurem
-Tailwind
-Trick Room
-knock off on kyurem
-trick/switcheroo on kyurem
-illusion (Did they have a zoroark)
-Landorus-T using Rock polish
-Sticky webs on the field
-Quick Claw Activating.

This happened a while ago but it still has me concerened. I was on PS in a battle. I was using a Primal Kyogre, the opponents active pokemon was Xerneas. Primal Kyore's ability, Primordial Sea, was active and I used the move Thunder. However it missed. I knew that this was a bug or glitch because while creating the team, I was careful in picking out my pokemon and moves, I saw that in a rain thunder would never miss. I was unsure if it that it would be possible to miss because it was heavy rain instead of rain but highly unlikely. So is that an actual bug for Thunder to miss in Primordial Sea's heavy rain or not? And if it is a bug, can PS fix this?

This happened a while ago but it still has me concerened. I was on PS in a battle. I was using a Primal Kyogre, the opponents active pokemon was Xerneas. Primal Kyore's ability, Primordial Sea, was active and I used the move Thunder. However it missed. I knew that this was a bug or glitch because while creating the team, I was careful in picking out my pokemon and moves, I saw that in a rain thunder would never miss. I was unsure if it that it would be possible to miss because it was heavy rain instead of rain but highly unlikely. So is that an actual bug for Thunder to miss in Primordial Sea's heavy rain or not? And if it is a bug, can PS fix this?
What tier was this? If this is VCG or Doubles Ubers, there may have been a Rayquaza, Altaria, Golduck, swablu, Lickilicky, Lickitung, or psyduck on the field.
If this was anything goes or ubers and nothing removed the Heavy Rain (Mega Rayquaza/Primal Groudon), then it was a glitch.
If it was Balanced Hackmons or custom game, there are quite a few reasons for this.

Do you have a replay?

A bug in the showdown calc. The move anchor shot is labeled as a rock type move but it is a steel type. Only a problem in the calculator

In Showdown Gale Wings Supersonic Skystrike cannot be blocked by Psychic Terrain (see the screenshot), but it can be blocked in game. Please see the battle record in game: YHDW-WWWW-WWW4-5VVA
E: remove a duplicate pic
E2: It seems this was already fixed. I was outdated :/

Attachments

Last edited:
I taunted an oranguru who tried to trick room. The trick room failed, as it should. But then on the next turn the opponent used z-trick room, and it worked. Shouldn't that move still be blocked by taunt? The taunt was still active when the z-trick room went into effect.

Attachments

I taunted an oranguru who tried to trick room. The trick room failed, as it should. But then on the next turn the opponent used z-trick room, and it worked. Shouldn't that move still be blocked by taunt? The taunt was still active when the z-trick room went into effect.
Z-moves are not blocked by taunt, even Z-status.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I doubt this is a "new" bug or even a bug at all but why not post but can some one explain how this mechanic works

dont know what i am talking about wait till the zygard locks its self into outrage and notice how easily he can then use espeed no confusion no locking

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-513127540
If outrage is interrupted (through the likes of Protect or in this case: type immunity) while it still has another turn of outrage, the user will not be confused and will not be locked into Outrage. So in this case, Outrage Number 2 was interrupted, while it would have used a third outrage, if Mimikyu hadn't swapped in to interrupt. If the outrage would've been a 2-turn outrage, the Zygarde would've been confused after trying to attack the Mimikyu.
Hope you found this explanation helpful. For future reference, have a look at the second post of this thread, as it contains a list and explanation of not-bugs that are commonly thought of as bugs. It even includes an answer to your initial question.
- Outrage/Thrash/Petal Dance can be stopped during effect and not cause confusion if Protect/Detect is used on the second turn of a three-turn duration.

If outrage is interrupted (through the likes of Protect or in this case: type immunity) while it still has another turn of outrage, the user will not be confused and will not be locked into Outrage. So in this case, Outrage Number 2 was interrupted, while it would have used a third outrage, if Mimikyu hadn't swapped in to interrupt. If the outrage would've been a 2-turn outrage, the Zygarde would've been confused after trying to attack the Mimikyu.
Hope you found this explanation helpful. For future reference, have a look at the second post of this thread, as it contains a list and explanation of not-bugs that are commonly thought of as bugs. It even includes an answer to your initial question.
Thank you and i did read though it i might have missed it and it is an immunity not detect or protect so i was not sure sorry for miss understanding

Whenever a pokemon uses petal dance and oricorio copies it with dancer, oricorio gets locked into the move petal dance. After testing, the same thing does not seem to happen in-game. I would include replay evidence, but since the locked into move thing isn't shown in the text, it would not really be evidence.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-513830822

turn 34, i clicked trick with my itemless mr. mime against a metang holding an item. the move failed. earlier in the game, i had tricked my choice scarf onto a clefairy, also holding an eviolite, which proceeded to knock off the eviolite my mr. mime stole. in-game, trick only fails if neither pokemon is holding an item, and it doesn't matter if the items are the same.

ive noticed this happen several times recently, but this is the first time it happened during one of my games. it seems to be a recent bug, ive been able to trick items purely away before.

this game is gen 6 pu. i don't know if something in sun and moon changed trick's mechanics, but if it did, its affecting gen 6. according to bulbapedia, trick's mechanics were not changed, but its bulbapedia.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-513830822

turn 34, i clicked trick with my itemless mr. mime against a metang holding an item. the move failed. earlier in the game, i had tricked my choice scarf onto a clefairy, also holding an eviolite, which proceeded to knock off the eviolite my mr. mime stole. in-game, trick only fails if neither pokemon is holding an item, and it doesn't matter if the items are the same.

ive noticed this happen several times recently, but this is the first time it happened during one of my games. it seems to be a recent bug, ive been able to trick items purely away before.

this game is gen 6 pu. i don't know if something in sun and moon changed trick's mechanics, but if it did, its affecting gen 6. according to bulbapedia, trick's mechanics were not changed, but its bulbapedia.
I don't know if that machanic (trick actives if you don't have an item) is new or not... I'm sure that in gen5, I tried to do the same thing but without success.
In gen6 you can steal opponent's item with trick althought you have not an item

Screenshot_2017-01-09-15-20-53.png
Screenshot_2017-01-09-15-16-26.png

No this is not only a visual bug. I was playing showdown on the mobile.
What you can see in the first image are 2 garchomp, in vgc 2017, well the garchomp on the left is a *beatiful and fantastic* GASTRODON, but in the second image you can see that there isnt a GASTRODON. Now if it was only a visual bug i would not wrote this here, but, over wat i already Said there is more: you cant hit it. It's not like the attacks miss or things like that, it's like the game doesn't know that the pokemon is there. So if you kill all the 3 enemy's pokemon over that gastrodon you have only the possibility to hit your ally cause its like none is on the other Side!

Now, is not the first time i see this, it's like the 25th so please PLEASE, it's becoming frustrating as hell forfeit for that onlyy pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)