VGC IRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be attending Anaheim Regionals, various PCs in the Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties, and a Midseason Showdown in San Diego in between now and March. Here's a list of where I'll be, feel free to hit me up if you're attending any of these:

I'm so happy they have one in anaheim, it's like 20 minutes from where I live.

We only had 8 players at our tourney last night in Phoenix (Tempe to be exact) but it was still a lot of fun. Mid season is coming up on February 5 so if anyone is in the Tucson/Phoenix area let's all mob deep to that.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Choked in R2 & Tilted in R3 at Monstore PC, managed to get my shit together in R4 and R5 to go 3-2, but just barely missed top cut (got 9th place in the final standings).

Not doing a full team report, but after the R2 & R3 losses, I have a friend helping me get a Brave Celesteela.

Choked in R2 & Tilted in R3 at Monstore PC, managed to get my shit together in R4 and R5 to go 3-2, but just barely missed top cut (got 9th place in the final standings).

Not doing a full team report, but after the R2 & R3 losses, I have a friend helping me get a Brave Celesteela.
I went 2-3 rip, my resistances were good enough that I would have topped if I won round 5, but I lost to RNG. Mandibuzz missed a snarl and got frozen for 4 turns.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I went 2-3 rip, my resistances were good enough that I would have topped if I won round 5, but I lost to RNG. Mandibuzz missed a snarl and got frozen for 4 turns.
Damn, that's some bad luck right there. I'd have been so pissed if that happened to me

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, up here in good old New Hampshire we are going to have a unsanctioned but still cool VGC tournament, and I believe it is the first one ever for the state, anyway it's on February 25th in Rochester and I am planning to go, if anyone else lives in the area they might want to as well, the TO has said that he will do sanctioned tournaments later in the year if he gets enough players in this one for it to be worth it, like I said it is in Rochester, so any players from ME. or NH. might want to go.
I'm going to this and bringing 2 friends as well. Pretty sure only one of them is competing but it should be fun.

I'm going to this and bringing 2 friends as well. Pretty sure only one of them is competing but it should be fun.
Really? Cool! Where do you live?
Edit: Never mind, checked your profile, great to see that people are going though, I am in Senior division so we probably won't play but it's still cool!

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I got top cut at SouthBay PC!

Still no team report (I plan on carrying this team all the way to Anaheim regionals) but definitely think this makes up for my performance at the MonStore PC.

Edit: Won TC. Got $40 in cash as a prize and 20 CP.

Last edited:
yo anyone go to the PC in LA on the 28th? Wasn't able to attend this time so I just wanted to know how it went. Obv plan on going to Regionals in Anaheim.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
yo anyone go to the PC in LA on the 28th? Wasn't able to attend this time so I just wanted to know how it went. Obv plan on going to Regionals in Anaheim.
Yes, I went to this PC. I started out well but then managed to pull off a 2-4 record which is my worst PC performance to date (went at least x-2 at all of my other PCs). The team was still alright (it was the same team I used to win the PC in San Diego I went to, though I could improve it quite a bit). I brought the team, I just forgot to bring my good plays (example of top-tier* plays I made during the PC: Seeing Milotic in team preview and bringing Krookodile anyway, I did the analyses on both, that's just inexcusable)

*-obvious sarcasm is obviously obvious

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
So after I bubbled at the San Diego MSS (only two x-2's got into top cut and I wasn't one of them), I'm going to another MSS in Phoenix tomorrow

If you're there and hear someone saying "I don't even want to be here," that's probably me

If anyone lives in Singapore and wants to get into VGC, we have really frequent PCs and MSSes here! We should be starting the circuit again right after worlds, and the community is decently sized and super friendly too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)