Battle Tree Discussion and Records

I'm new to the Battle Tree and formats like it but I'll post some stuff here, hopefully with correct formatting. I got to 66 wins today in Super Singles before losing to a couple of really bad misplays due to a few dumb assumptions of me. Please forgive my formatting.
I'm running Dragonite/Tapu Lele/Aegislash. My team has undergone a few revisions but this seems to work reasonably well.

Dragonite - Multiscale - Lum Berry
Adamant ATK/SPE EVs
Dragon Dance - Earthquake - Fire Punch - Outrage

The general idea of Dragonite is to get a Dragon Dance up, a second if that's viable, and then just overpower the opposing team with Outrage. I've not run any calculations but Dragonite can survive anything short of Ice-Type STAB moves and if the opponent uses a status-inflicting move then Lum Berry activates. I've come to slowly realise that Fire Punch is not really doing much on this set, as it does less damage than a neutral outrage unless 4xSuperEffective and I've never really found it to be game-changing against the dreaded Ice-Type. I'm not entirely sure what to replace it with, though.

Tapu Lele - Psychic Surge - Twisted Spoon
Modest SPA/SPE EVs
Focus Blast - Psychic - Thunderbolt - Moonblast

This is the least used mon in the set. Psychic Terrain doesn't really benefit me much (in fact, it actively hinders Aegislash) and I'm never quite sure as to when and how to use her. She used to have Choice Specs but I once locked myself into Focus Blast and then realised what a stupid mistake I made. I like how powerful Psychic is with Spoon, Terrain, and STAB. She seems fragile compared to the other two and I'm not sure she provides coverage that is needed on this team.

Aegislash - Stance Change - Leftovers
Adamant HP/ATK EVs
Swords Dance - Iron Head - Shadow Sneak - King's Shield

I've changed this mon a few times. I used to use a breedject I received via Wonder Trade until I decided to breed my own. I originally used a special set and now use this physical one for singles. The battle plan for Aegislash is to go against anything I don't think Dragonite can beat and to get to +6 and sweep in his place. Against physical attackers, Aegislash basically secures me the win every game without fail. The fact that Aegislash basically covers Dragonite perfectly makes this a perfect match.

Video: VERW-WWWW-WWW5-DBDE
I start off by predicting the Dragon Claw from Haxorus and swap in my Lele, proceeding to Moonblast it for a KO after taking an Earthquake. Lele gets KO'd by the incoming Mega-Sceptile. Sceptile outspeeds me as I set up a Dragon Dance but it didn't do enough to 2HKO me so I don't get too worried. Unfortunately, I didn't realise that Sceptile outsped me even after a Dance and the subsequent Flinch just sealed Dragonite's defeat, with Aegislash barely being able to avenge Dragonite. Hydreigon shows up and I know that I'm defeated.
I'm pretty sure I should have set up on Haxorus with Dragonite and just eat the first Dragon Claw. If I would have then followed that up with an Outrage, I think I might have been able to sweep the entire enemy team.

I think I want to change my team up a bit. I've tried Mimikyu instead of Lele but I didn't particularly like it. I'm considering replacing Lele with Blaziken but I'm not sure what sort of set to run, just that I want a strong and fast mon. Can anyone give any advice for possible thirds to complete the Dragonite-Aegislash combo?

And we're up to date, at least for singles and doubles. Extra points to GG Unit for two massive streaks currently atop the singles board.

As always, please let me know if you spot any errors or omissions. At least one streak wasn't added because proof is still pending, so don't forget your proof photo or video!

Happy Valentines Day, all!
Hey NoCheese , added my proof to my two streaks on page 63. Thanks for keeping this thread up to date. Working on my next streak now.

I'm new to the Battle Tree and formats like it but I'll post some stuff here, hopefully with correct formatting. I got to 66 wins today in Super Singles before losing to a couple of really bad misplays due to a few dumb assumptions of me. Please forgive my formatting.
I'm running Dragonite/Tapu Lele/Aegislash. My team has undergone a few revisions but this seems to work reasonably well.

Dragonite - Multiscale - Lum Berry
Adamant ATK/SPE EVs
Dragon Dance - Earthquake - Fire Punch - Outrage

The general idea of Dragonite is to get a Dragon Dance up, a second if that's viable, and then just overpower the opposing team with Outrage. I've not run any calculations but Dragonite can survive anything short of Ice-Type STAB moves and if the opponent uses a status-inflicting move then Lum Berry activates. I've come to slowly realise that Fire Punch is not really doing much on this set, as it does less damage than a neutral outrage unless 4xSuperEffective and I've never really found it to be game-changing against the dreaded Ice-Type. I'm not entirely sure what to replace it with, though.

Tapu Lele - Psychic Surge - Twisted Spoon
Modest SPA/SPE EVs
Focus Blast - Psychic - Thunderbolt - Moonblast

This is the least used mon in the set. Psychic Terrain doesn't really benefit me much (in fact, it actively hinders Aegislash) and I'm never quite sure as to when and how to use her. She used to have Choice Specs but I once locked myself into Focus Blast and then realised what a stupid mistake I made. I like how powerful Psychic is with Spoon, Terrain, and STAB. She seems fragile compared to the other two and I'm not sure she provides coverage that is needed on this team.

Aegislash - Stance Change - Leftovers
Adamant HP/ATK EVs
Swords Dance - Iron Head - Shadow Sneak - King's Shield

I've changed this mon a few times. I used to use a breedject I received via Wonder Trade until I decided to breed my own. I originally used a special set and now use this physical one for singles. The battle plan for Aegislash is to go against anything I don't think Dragonite can beat and to get to +6 and sweep in his place. Against physical attackers, Aegislash basically secures me the win every game without fail. The fact that Aegislash basically covers Dragonite perfectly makes this a perfect match.

Video: VERW-WWWW-WWW5-DBDE
I start off by predicting the Dragon Claw from Haxorus and swap in my Lele, proceeding to Moonblast it for a KO after taking an Earthquake. Lele gets KO'd by the incoming Mega-Sceptile. Sceptile outspeeds me as I set up a Dragon Dance but it didn't do enough to 2HKO me so I don't get too worried. Unfortunately, I didn't realise that Sceptile outsped me even after a Dance and the subsequent Flinch just sealed Dragonite's defeat, with Aegislash barely being able to avenge Dragonite. Hydreigon shows up and I know that I'm defeated.
I'm pretty sure I should have set up on Haxorus with Dragonite and just eat the first Dragon Claw. If I would have then followed that up with an Outrage, I think I might have been able to sweep the entire enemy team.

I think I want to change my team up a bit. I've tried Mimikyu instead of Lele but I didn't particularly like it. I'm considering replacing Lele with Blaziken but I'm not sure what sort of set to run, just that I want a strong and fast mon. Can anyone give any advice for possible thirds to complete the Dragonite-Aegislash combo?
When you're trying to get to 100 or 200, what you can do in situations like that against Sceptile is repeatedly switch back and forth between Dragonite and Aegislash, using King's Shield whenever Aegislash comes in, to use up all of Earthquake's PP and allow Aegislash to boost up easily without worrying about critical hits or flinches. Doing something like that when the situation calls for it is probably easier than switching your whole team up. Also Psychium Z is probably going to be a better item for Tapu Lele.

I've been using Serperior as a lead in Super Singles and it's been really fun. Contrary Leaf Storm blows holes in even Pokemon that resist, and then it holds a Normalium Z to use Z-Hyper Beam, and then will use regular Hyper Beam on opposing Grass types or right before it's going to faint. My team is currently Serperior and Mega Metagross, and still deciding on a third team member. Currently it's Garchomp but I've also tried Volcarona. I'm thinking of replacing Mega Metagross with Mega Salamence to make choosing the third party member easier.

Of course, Serperior is one of my favorite Pokemon and I'm only at 17 streak so far, but all I'm aiming for right now is 50... and if I could get to 200 I would die happy. I'm sure the best way to improve my Super Singles team is to just trash Serperior but it's no fun that way :')

I've been using Serperior as a lead in Super Singles and it's been really fun. Contrary Leaf Storm blows holes in even Pokemon that resist, and then it holds a Normalium Z to use Z-Hyper Beam, and then will use regular Hyper Beam on opposing Grass types or right before it's going to faint. My team is currently Serperior and Mega Metagross, and still deciding on a third team member. Currently it's Garchomp but I've also tried Volcarona. I'm thinking of replacing Mega Metagross with Mega Salamence to make choosing the third party member easier.

Of course, Serperior is one of my favorite Pokemon and I'm only at 17 streak so far, but all I'm aiming for right now is 50... and if I could get to 200 I would die happy. I'm sure the best way to improve my Super Singles team is to just trash Serperior but it's no fun that way :')
Best of luck to you on this! I tried ever so hard to get Serperior on the Maison leaderboard but just fell short of 70 wins several times.
I'm still fairly new to this, but Suicune worked well for me as a back up. I think that would help with the 2x weakness to fire with Metagross as well. Normalium Z really helps I'm sure. One downside to the Z move though is you have to sacrifice wide lens, and even moves with 90% accuracy have a lot of trouble on big streaks, especially with serperior who can go down rather easily and has plenty of type disadvantages.

Best of luck to you on this! I tried ever so hard to get Serperior on the Maison leaderboard but just fell short of 70 wins several times.
I'm still fairly new to this, but Suicune worked well for me as a back up. I think that would help with the 2x weakness to fire with Metagross as well. Normalium Z really helps I'm sure. One downside to the Z move though is you have to sacrifice wide lens, and even moves with 90% accuracy have a lot of trouble on big streaks, especially with serperior who can go down rather easily and has plenty of type disadvantages.
Oh I have had so many misses! At one point I missed 3 times in a row it was impressively aggravating. So I try my best to make sure my other two team members can compensate for a miss barring rare emergencies.... hard though :')

I'll give Suicune a try, I haven't even thought about that yet

Well, went with my first attempt at Super Singles. Managed to get up to round 53 before being beaten by a sightseer using Mega Latios, Heatran and Drampa, granted that I played poorly the match. Still was using this team:

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Adamant - Speed Bost
4 Hp /252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Flare Blitz
-Low Kick
-Knock Off
-Protect

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Timid - Protean
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk /252 Spe
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Extrasensory
-Grass Knot

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly - Clear Body -> Tough Claws
4 HP /252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Hone Claws
-Meteor Mash
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake (Was using Zen Headbutt before, but it did lead to coverage issues.)

Gotta say the change to make the Mega Evolution Speed count from the same turn the pokemon Mega Evolves made absolute wonders to Mega Metagross who, IMHO was already pretty good before.

Not much strategy, simply have fast heavy hitters.

The details:

I lead with Blaziken instead of Greninja to avoid reeling in Thunder Wave spammers, which happened a lot in the Battle Maison in ORAS, which could really hurt the team. Aside that is simply to cover each other with a variety of moves from each other.

Blaziken gets the Life Orb... at first due to the lack of Blazikenite, which turned out a good thing since it led to use Mega Metagross... still, Life Orb Blaziken doesn't work that different given it still has the sheer power and speed boost for a fearsome sweeper and Mega Blaziken's defense boost is still not enough to leave the Glass Cannon role. Strategy wise the Life Orb is to take advantage of his sheer power in neutral hits as well when it can't get a super effective one (it does happen that I end up sweeping by spamming Flare Blitz in neutral hits). Flare Blitz is for a powerful STAB, Low Kick is the same case and I rather it over High Jump Kick because that 90 accuracy is horribly treacherous and I have lost streaks before due to having moves with less than 100 accuracy. Protect is pretty much for getting at least one Speed Boost for free. Knock Off is for coverage but also to simply disable some strategies especially if I know Blaziken is already going down due to recoil, such as Leftover using tanks, BrightPowder users or Choice Users.

Greninja's moveset is mainly to cover what Blaziken is not covering. Expert belt is for an extra oomph in power it lacks due to not being able to hold a Life Orb (something I do regret of not having the Blazikenite). Scald goes for the Burn chance given I don't trust Hydro Pump for the same reasons as High Jump Kick (though I am considering just using Surf), Ice Beam is for coverage, Extrasensory is for Fighting Types mainly and Grass Knot is to deal with Water types, sadly being my only option against them.

Mega Metagross' case. Hone Claws is being used given Metagross doesn't really have better boosting moves and he can setup reliably a good amount of the time thanks to his great defenses (and after a +1 to ATK Metagross usually can start sweeping), the accuracy boost actually helps with Meteor Mash, powerful STAB whose 90 accuracy is problematic (in ORAS it missed 5 times in a row once, no BrightPowder, Lax Incense or Evasion Boost involved), Ice Punch is to cover threats to Blaziken (Dragons, Flying types and sometimes Ground types) and Grass types Greninja couldn't handle. Earthquake is for Metagross to fight back against other Steel types and Fire Types that could beat it. I was using Zen Headbutt before instead of Earthquake, but the coverage it had was poor as steel types completely stopped him. I did consider using Thunderpunch to have another option for water types, to be fair I considered going with Iron Head instead of Meteor Mash to replace Hone Claws with Thunderpunch for coverage, but sadly I already transferred Metagross so I'll have to wait for tutors.

The shortcomings:

The main issue with the team is that is heavily dependant on having the momentum on our side, to put it somehow. If I lose advantage early on it's likely I won't be able to recover which is what happened in the battle I lost. To the other main issue is that I really can't switch in safely that much to protect said momentum, Metagross is the only one who can take attacks and only to an extent. This pretty much makes a glass cannon team.

Due to said Glass Cannon nature I was thinking I could replace the weakest link, in this case Greninja: mostly because he's really more patching up a few holes than anything else, but doesn't have the speed and sheer power as Blaziken has despite the better coverage, while having the same fragility. I though I would need a more defensive Pokemon to fall back on.

So I thought of this as a possible solution:

Tapu Fini @ Assault Vest? or Psychic Seed? or Z Crystal? or Terrain Extender? Air Ballon?
Modest? Timid? - Misty Surge
4 HP /252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe or 252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Sp. Def
-Surf
-Moon Blast
-Ice Beam / Calm Mind
-Grass Knot / Calm Mind

Okay, the lady here seems great to go with Blaziken and Metagross. When I put the team together I really was thinking Rotom-W was a pretty solid partner for Blaziken and Metagross, but it's lack of offensive variety made me got against that idea, though I did consider it a waste given it had the typing and defenses to be a good switch in. Tapu Fini seems to cover those shortcoming pretty well at the cost of a bit of attack power, however she does have better defenses, more HP, much better coverage, an Ability that helps the whole team (no confusion, paralysis or burns that hurt Blaziken and Metagross' sweeping). I particular, she seems to have good synergy with Metagross.

My issue here: what sort of build should I run with her? Given she's a legendary I will have only one available (especially since I have to get her to level 100 for hyper training), so what nature should she have? How could she work best with the team? Given the lack of defense was the team main flaw I thought going for a more defensive build (Modest/252 HP/252 Sp. Atk) would be a good idea. I guess it's trial and error here, but what nature should I go for? Modest? Or should I actually go for a Timid one and try investing in her Speed?

Well I am not sure how to fix up a team I've been working with for Super Doubles. I've found a very consistent core of Psychium Tapu Lele, Sash Kartana, and mixed attacker Mega Mence. My last few partner, Aegislash, just has not been pulling the weight I desire it to.

I've gotten to 51 wins with this team, although I am sure I can do even better. Believe it or not, Kartana and Lele leading out can smash most teams by themselves with little effort. Mega Mence sort of comes in to clean up, and Aegis is kind of the fellow who's there for the ride. When I send out Aegis though, it sometimes feels more of a detriment or setback than an actual advantage.

As for the current team:

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Shadow Ball

Kartana Focus sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Protect
- Sacred Sword

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 20 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Return
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 148 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

I probably want to put a Fire type that can handle the Steel types or fat Psychics that give the team a problem when Aegis isn't on board. Ultimately it will come down to Heatran or Chandelure. Ideas?

New to teambuilding for doubles, but I was toying with an idea of Mega Salamence and Lightning Rod Alolan Marowak leads, with Celesteela back up but Greninja is a bit of an issue for those three (not to mention I lack a special attacker). I thought about Tapu Fini, but Misty Terrain benefits neither Salamence nor Celesteela, not to mention it would be troublesome since I have Will-o-Wisp on Marowak and Toxic on Celesteela. What are some other good Greninja counters, or do I just have to scrap this plan?

Side note: I almost lost my first battle with Mega Salamence + Alolan Marowak lead after my opponent opened with Mega Alakazam and Electrode. Mega Alakazam traced Lightning Rod and absorbed whatever electric type attack Electrode went for. Luckily Shadow Bone took Alakazam out after it targeted my Salamence.

As I said in one of my previous posts, I wanted to try out my Thrash Mega-Salamence in the Battle Tree. I used a team of Tapu Lele, Ash-Greninja, Alolan Marowak, and Mega-Salamence in the Super Double Battles. It's a hyper offensive team that allowed me to go from 0-200 battles in a day mostly because I didn't sleep that night. I lost the morning after the next day when I was so worried that an opposing Sceptile could be Mega I forgot it could also have Unburden. It was an easy win otherwise, I just had to attack the Weavile instead and switch in Salamence to take the grass move, then Protect with it if Weavile had Focus Sash. It was battle 221: PSAG-WWWW-WWW5-E5QE . The overall strategy was to use Psychic Surge + Mat Block to weaken one of their pokemon and Mat Block the suspected attacks to make it free damage. However, it's usually better when you can knock out both of their pokemon with each of yours. When working on the team I noticed some pokemon would use 1st turn Thunderwave randomly on one of my pokemon and I had trouble vs faster electric types. I originally had a special attacking Aegislash as the 4th slot for Wide Guard, but the team wasn't offensive enough with it. I ended up replacing Aegislash with Lightning Rod Alolan-Marowak. I EV'd Tapu Lele to be fast enough to outspeed max Spe base 130 Pokemon, but underspeed Ash-Greninja. Max Spe Mega-Salamence also underspeeds Tapu Lele and Greninja so that I could use Thrash to pick off the weakened/other pokemon as much as possible since Double-Edge being such a strong attack does as much recoil so in order for me to use defensive switching effectively I had to minimize its usage. The only EVs I'm not sure about are on Alolan-Marowak. It needed to be at least that fast but it would be better if it were also faster while underspeeding particular Trick Room pokemon, like Jellicent which I haven't looked into what is the better investment. The biggest threat to this team is Trick Room, especially Trick Room Slowking. Also, never attack a fresh Gyarados with a psychic attack because it might be Mega and DD up to be faster than this team. Thunderbolt can replace Tapu Lele's Energy Ball, but I prefer it for the chance to get a Sp.Def drop on Sitrus Berry Slowking to knock it out with Greninja's Dark Pulse.

All Desired IVs are at 31.

Tapu Lele Modest @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 108Hp/252Sp.Atk/148Spe
Psychic
Moonblast
Psyshock
Energy Ball

Hands down an essential part of this team. It reminds me of Gen 1 pyschic types with its speed and power. Moonblasts are for psychic types, Weavile, Greninja, and Altaria for its potential to be Mega. Psyshock is for Jolteon, Goodra, Blissey, and certain rock types under Sandstorm. Energy Ball is for Gastrodon for its potential to be Storm Drain and block Z-move Hydro Cannon, Slowking just in case it's the Waterium-Z Trick Room variant, and Rhyperior. Mega Gengar is also a huge threat when you're not locked into a psychic type attack since it gets 130 base Spe.

Ash-Greninja Timid @ Waterium-Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4Def/252Sp.Atk/252Spe
Mat Block
Hydro Cannon
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam

Psychic Surge makes Mat Block safer since I don't have to worry about priority moves. It needs Z-move Hydro Cannon to solo opposing pokemon as a Greninja. All of the Trick Room users I noticed were weak to Dark Pulse. Ice Beam is for Choice Scarf Garchomp. It usually goes for Earthquake but it can survive Outrage if you switch in Salamence to Intimidate it.

Alolan-Marowak Adamant @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252Hp/252Atk/4Spe
Flare Blits
Shadow Bone
Protect
Earthquake

The AI doesn't know it has Lightning Rod and sometimes it uses electric type attacks after it knows it has Lightning Rod, so I tend to switch it in Tapu Lele's spot to bait them when that's the safer move. It also resists steel/poison type attacks aimed at that spot. When I see it's giving an electric type trouble, I Protect stall with it and switch out if possible to 1v1 the other pokemon.

Salamence Jolly @ Salamencite
EVs: 4Hp/252Atk/252Spe
Thrash
Double-Edge
Protect
Earthquake

Its ice type weakness is a huge advantage because it baits a lot of ice types to attack this slot so I can Protect after the switch in and both Greninja and Alolan-Marowak resist it. I Thrash whenever possible and only Double-Edge when I need to get rid of a target I might not otherwise. Mat Block works like a Wide Guard so it makes its Earthquake safer.

I'll be trying this team out again at a much slower pace to not mess up so that I'm not the limiting factor. If you have other questions on this team let me know.

P.S. NoCheese If you can replace my 126th Super Single Battle with the 127th battle for that same streak: WPNG-WWWW-WWW5-E5RS. They finally let me upload the loss.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, the Waterium-Z Trick Room Slowking variant will (cost me a loss at 163 on my previous run a few days before) Ice Beam the Greninja slot after Trick Room and that will one shot Salamence. If you weakened it, you should be able to knock it out with Dark Pulse from the Greninja.

Last edited:
I've been working in a team similar to my best triples stream in the maison, but I'm having some difficulty. The core of the team utilises a beat up terrakion core. So far I've been testing the weavile and terrakion that I had in that streak with slight tweaks to the terrakion set.

For information the sets are:

Weavile @ focus sash
Jolly
252atk/252spe
- beat up
- ice punch
- fake out
- feint

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly
252atk/252spe
- sacred sword
- rock slide
- earthquake
- protect

The changes to terrakion are the item, life orb over choice band. I felt I needed the option to switch moves but can't go to something like wide lens because even at +4 terrakion still needs the extra power output to bed as many ko's as possible. I've also switched close combat for sacred sword which is a change I mentioned in the write up of the triples team to avoid evasion boosts and protect over poison man because I'm not choiced.

I know the team is high risk what with rock slide being the preferred spread move but I feel it is better than the best streak of 39 that I've achieved with it.

Weavile's power output has been annoying with ice punch missing out on the ohko on gliscor and garchomp once I've set up terrakion.

To be honest I think I miss the follow me/tailwind support I had from togekiss. Whilst I can't patch that completely I have bred a cottonee to test.

I am also stumped for the back row. I need reliable back up that hits hard due to the front row being high risk. I've tested physical mega-mence with tailwind, psychium-z tapu lele, specs koko, timid zapdos, waterium-z clawitzer. But I've had minimal success once the front line goes down so would really like some suggestions. I liked the utility of clawitzer but it is quiet with minimum speed which was troublesome. I'm breeding a squirtle which will match clawitzers moveset but will be faster and have higher defences.

Scarf rotom-w has arguably been one of my biggest issues due to hydro pump taking out terrakion before I can get going. I think my whimsicott should be able to take care of that though.

I'm tempted to try a line-up of:
Whimsicott @ sash with giga drain, beat up, tailwind +1 move
Terrakion - as above
Tapu lele again
Mega blastoise max speed, max sp.a - water pulse, aura sphere, dark pulse, ice beam/dragon pulse

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think the back row needs to hit hard with neutral coverage as minimum, have a small number of weaknesses or high resistances.

Thanks for reading

I've been working in a team similar to my best triples stream in the maison, but I'm having some difficulty. The core of the team utilises a beat up terrakion core. So far I've been testing the weavile and terrakion that I had in that streak with slight tweaks to the terrakion set.

For information the sets are:

Weavile @ focus sash
Jolly
252atk/252spe
- beat up
- ice punch
- fake out
- feint

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly
252atk/252spe
- sacred sword
- rock slide
- earthquake
- protect

The changes to terrakion are the item, life orb over choice band. I felt I needed the option to switch moves but can't go to something like wide lens because even at +4 terrakion still needs the extra power output to bed as many ko's as possible. I've also switched close combat for sacred sword which is a change I mentioned in the write up of the triples team to avoid evasion boosts and protect over poison man because I'm not choiced.

I know the team is high risk what with rock slide being the preferred spread move but I feel it is better than the best streak of 39 that I've achieved with it.

Weavile's power output has been annoying with ice punch missing out on the ohko on gliscor and garchomp once I've set up terrakion.

To be honest I think I miss the follow me/tailwind support I had from togekiss. Whilst I can't patch that completely I have bred a cottonee to test.

I am also stumped for the back row. I need reliable back up that hits hard due to the front row being high risk. I've tested physical mega-mence with tailwind, psychium-z tapu lele, specs koko, timid zapdos, waterium-z clawitzer. But I've had minimal success once the front line goes down so would really like some suggestions. I liked the utility of clawitzer but it is quiet with minimum speed which was troublesome. I'm breeding a squirtle which will match clawitzers moveset but will be faster and have higher defences.

Scarf rotom-w has arguably been one of my biggest issues due to hydro pump taking out terrakion before I can get going. I think my whimsicott should be able to take care of that though.

I'm tempted to try a line-up of:
Whimsicott @ sash with giga drain, beat up, tailwind +1 move
Terrakion - as above
Tapu lele again
Mega blastoise max speed, max sp.a - water pulse, aura sphere, dark pulse, ice beam/dragon pulse

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think the back row needs to hit hard with neutral coverage as minimum, have a small number of weaknesses or high resistances.

Thanks for reading
Nice, I was trying this recently as well for novelty factor. I found Knock Off was an extremely useful move to have on Weavile and ran Close Combat on Terrakion as I was using Wide Lens.

I couldn't really decide on a good backline due to all the weaknesses of the first two (even if they do have amazing offensive synergy) and ended up trying Bronzong with Gastrodon. A bit obscure but they have some amazing defensive typing together to try and fill as many holes as possible. Unfortunately the team was still too unreliable and I gave up with it for the moment after losing a few times around the 50 mark.

An alternative would be to run an offensive Togekiss in the back (potentially still with Follow Me) along with something like Amoongus?

After messing around with a dozen mix-'n'-match teams in singles, I've found myself drifting back to my favourite pair from ORAS, so I might as well post them:

Blaziken @ Air Balloon
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body / Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

My boys are back in town. <3 Air Balloon Blaziken looks stupid at first glance, but the idea here is to simultaneously scout and wreck shit with Blaze, then BP to Gross and clean up the mess, and cancelling out their shared Ground weakness is integral to that. They do have a few issues - namely Trick Room, TWave, rain teams, Talonflame and of course evasion spammers - which I've been patching up with my SpDef Gastrodon, but I'm sure there's a better third member out there for somebody else to figure out.

Nice, I was trying this recently as well for novelty factor. I found Knock Off was an extremely useful move to have on Weavile and ran Close Combat on Terrakion as I was using Wide Lens.

I couldn't really decide on a good backline due to all the weaknesses of the first two (even if they do have amazing offensive synergy) and ended up trying Bronzong with Gastrodon. A bit obscure but they have some amazing defensive typing together to try and fill as many holes as possible. Unfortunately the team was still too unreliable and I gave up with it for the moment after losing a few times around the 50 mark.

An alternative would be to run an offensive Togekiss in the back (potentially still with Follow Me) along with something like Amoongus?
Thank you for the feedback. I do have a gastrodon which I've considered using but not pulled the trigger on using. Don't really know why.

I assume your bronzong used levitate as an ability? And when you ran knock off on weavile was that over feint from my set?

Thanks again

Thank you for the feedback. I do have a gastrodon which I've considered using but not pulled the trigger on using. Don't really know why.

I assume your bronzong used levitate as an ability? And when you ran knock off on weavile was that over feint from my set?

Thanks again
Yeah that's right. The AI doesn't really use protect in a predictable way so I have never found Feint very useful in the Maison / Tree. I considered using MegaGross in place of Bronzong as well but the lack of ground immunity was a bit worrying when your star sweeper is weak to it.

Yeah that's right. The AI doesn't really use protect in a predictable way so I have never found Feint very useful in the Maison / Tree. I considered using MegaGross in place of Bronzong as well but the lack of ground immunity was a bit worrying when your star sweeper is weak to it.
Agreed. I do have a mega-gross good to go but the ground weakness is too much, especially with wantig to have earthquake as a move on terrakion

I attempted to grind Singles with the team I already used until I saw a Garchomp3 lead, then I'd scout it then throw so I could do Multis.

That was my plan.

But evidently not God's.

Recording a win streak of 160 in Super Singles JGXG-WWWW-WWW5-FL6E (this battle was actually p boring... and a lesson: DONT PLAY WITH YOUR FOOD WHEN THE FOOD IN QUESTION IS CAPABLE OF BOTH PHAZING YOU AND KILLING YOU WITH A CRIT)

Literally used the exact same team as my last streak:
Posting a super singles streak of 90. ML6W-WWWW-WWW2-S6VG I feel like I can't improve upon this squad at this moment, maybe need to think of a totally different strat. Lost a 50/50 as to whether the lead was Drampa4 or Drampa3. If it wasn't the Glare variant, Umbreon could have set up on it, but it wasn't, so it didn't. Also tried to set up on it with Umbreon after it revealed it was the Focus Blast set, which was a bit braindead. Gyarados proceeded to use my non-healthy team to set up on it. I dealt with it once previously, but that was when I was at max health on mence and it was much easier to take care of. Oh well.

Q (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

Tries to set up on stuff that can't touch it, if you get statused you basically win. Intimidate pre-mega is also extremely useful for switch stalling EQ users for aegi to set up on.

G (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Essentially, this tries to play with your food as much as possible, setting up to +6 when things can't touch it. It's surprisingly beefy, even in Blade forme it can tend to take neutral thunderbolts from random shit.

I (Umbreon) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Substitute

Obligatory sub for OHKO users, although aegi and mence together are immune to all of them but sheer cold. Essentially, if they can break the other two mons here, Umbreon probably stops em cold.

Attempted to use a more defensive build, Mence+Aegi had fairly good defensive synergy, and Umbreon turned out to both stop it from getting decimated by walls and stop it from getting decimated by Greninja4. Gyarados4 walks all over this team,unfortunately. My plan is to PP stall Stone Edge on it with Salamence roosts, but I simply cannot prevent it from further DDing, or from the subsequent Crunch from also doing a good number to me. Knew one of these gosh-darn mega sets would actually be good.

Except... I omittted one thing that I did out of sheer laziness. I had a 30 Speed IV on Umbreon, thought that was fine, and invested the last 4 in defense. I was very, very wrong and this minor detail caused me an immense amount of grief. Synchronize made me hate it, and the lack of ability to beat Walrein4 or Pelipper3(scald has a 100% burn rate, just ask BKC) without winning a speed tie is... infuriating. More than once I have synchronized paralysis or burn to something I was about to tox. If I were to attempt to get a longer streak (i wasn't, i was in it for the garchomp3), I would make Umbreon Inner Focus (may be useful against Gren4? idk) and make its Speed IV 31 and last 4 in Speed; it really is that important and the only reason I got as high as I did with that glaring mistake staring me in the face... was luck. I think I'm justified in saying that I the Umbreon should not have carried me past 120.

Anyway... I had a few of highlight matches, some which I saved and some I forgot.
WWGG-WWWW-WWW5-FLAX The first time I've had to straight up PP stall something to struggling. This is also a lesson in hubris: just because your Aegislash is +6, you don't one-shot everything.

3F4W-WWWW-WWW5-FLDS Suck Fynchronize. This was damn near pp stall to struggle territory, but it was more "pp stall to setup" territory. I should have counted Hurricanes instead of relying on the last two being terribad against Salamence but guess what, they were! Once Armaldo4 was revealed, I breathed a little sigh of relief, I thought I was done for.

So... I guess Umbreon CAN work as a subber+special wall if you don't want mence as a subber? Chansey is prolly still better, but I'm going to stick to my guns and keep using the cute little dark boy.

to answer the question on the tip of your tongue: NO I DIDNT GET THE GARCHOMP3 LEAD WHY DOES TREE DO THIS TO ME

Damnit, I got wrecked at 50 again. Red did me over with Mega Venasaur's bulk - I thought I could plough through with Porygon but I just... couldn't. Took out Porygon quickly and by that point it was too late.

I thought it was just a strategy thing, so I tried again. Got wiped around battle 40 by a Charizard X. It got a DD on the first go and outsped my Porygon Z, at which point it was good game... then blitzed through my last two pokemon rather easily, unfortunately.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium-Z
252SpAtk/252Spe
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Conversion

Metagross @ Metagrossite
252Atk/252Spe
Bullet Punch
Hammer Arm
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt

Dragonite Lum Berry
252Atk/252Spe
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Thunder Punch
Outrage

I need suggestions. I'm thinking I need a bulky fairy to absorb dragons for Dragonite, so I'm thinking of replacing my glass cannon nuke (Porygon) with Azumarill instead, and leading with Dragonite.

Thoughts?

I'm trying out another Super Doubles team, this time focusing on Trick Room. Oranguru is mandatory, and so far Ursaring hits hard with Guts Facade. Cofagrigus is my secondary Trick Room setter, and Torkoal is my special sweeper in the back.

Torkoal is one of those Pokemon that sounds better on paper than it is in practice. Drought Eruption with Instruct kills everything that doesn't resist Fire. . .and after a while you run into the manual weather and monotype teams. Solarbeam also cannot be Instructed, even during Drought. That's why I keep it in reserve rather than using it as one of my two leads. Is it more successful in VGC or Battle Spot Doubles, I wonder?

I'm trying out another Super Doubles team, this time focusing on Trick Room. Oranguru is mandatory, and so far Ursaring hits hard with Guts Facade. Cofagrigus is my secondary Trick Room setter, and Torkoal is my special sweeper in the back.

Torkoal is one of those Pokemon that sounds better on paper than it is in practice. Drought Eruption with Instruct kills everything that doesn't resist Fire. . .and after a while you run into the manual weather and monotype teams. Solarbeam also cannot be Instructed, even during Drought. That's why I keep it in reserve rather than using it as one of my two leads. Is it more successful in VGC or Battle Spot Doubles, I wonder?
Unfortunately Solarbeam technically still has its charge turn; the strong sunlight merely sets a flag that the second turn may activate immediately. Instruct automatically fails when used on all charge moves.

I love Ursaring for its raw strength and movepool, but for TR doubles I think you'll come to realise Oranguru would really like some better support from its lead partner. Eventually you're going to encounter Grimsley who can potentially lead with very bad combinations for Oranguru; both of his Drapion sets have 50% crit rate Night Slashes. If they are also Sniper, you are making a dangerous coin flip by letting them take their opening turn uninhibited. Even without that crit, most of his pokemon are able to easily inflict at least 75% with their STAB moves, or higher in the case of Absol4 Megahorn (unsure of how the AI prefers its priority over max damage output; I see them attempt to Sucker Punch Oranguru in vain all the time.)

I've said before to someone else that a backup setter is not very important or possibly even effective in these facility doubles because of how short the battles are and your limited selection of teammates. I have had many, many wasted turns with my own streak because of bad judgment and I was still able to win during the fourth and final turn of TR. Cofagrigus is an excellent setter but lacks the sort of offensive presence needed to steamroll enemies, especially since Ursaring is much more likely to fall before Oranguru.

I can make countless recommendations based on what you have available to you, but the last all-purpose advice I can give is to try to bring something with a Z-crystal for use of a nuke. It's been extremely helpful to have for those enemies that remain largely non-threatening throughout much of the battle but set up and eventually become pains to take down without some trump cards. Ditto for weather-based evasive abilities, which belong to some really annoying things that pack enough firepower to be very dangerous. The nuke you get from your Z-crystal is one such trump card.

Sure, I'd like some recommendations for Trick Room Pokemon. I can usually get Pokebank Pokemon through GTS, because Oranguru is highly sought-after. However, any movesets that require transfers are out, since I don't have Pokebank myself (or ORAS move tutors). I guess a Fighting type is recommended to beat Dark types for Oranguru, or maybe a Fairy.

Also, I probably can't get most legendaries.

After messing around with a dozen mix-'n'-match teams in singles, I've found myself drifting back to my favourite pair from ORAS, so I might as well post them:

Blaziken @ Air Balloon
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body / Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

My boys are back in town. <3 Air Balloon Blaziken looks stupid at first glance, but the idea here is to simultaneously scout and wreck shit with Blaze, then BP to Gross and clean up the mess, and cancelling out their shared Ground weakness is integral to that. They do have a few issues - namely Trick Room, TWave, rain teams, Talonflame and of course evasion spammers - which I've been patching up with my SpDef Gastrodon, but I'm sure there's a better third member out there for somebody else to figure out.
I've have a pretty similar team, been considering Tapu Fini as a third member, among other things due to Misty Terrain stopping status conditions, being a pretty solid defensive pokemon to face other glass cannons, among other things.

Haven't tried it out yet, still have to get Fini to level 100 for Hyper Training and get her good IVs.

Sure, I'd like some recommendations for Trick Room Pokemon. I can usually get Pokebank Pokemon through GTS, because Oranguru is highly sought-after. However, any movesets that require transfers are out, since I don't have Pokebank myself (or ORAS move tutors). I guess a Fighting type is recommended to beat Dark types for Oranguru, or maybe a Fairy.

Well, like I said, Oranguru benefits greatly from team support and Hariyama is really effective if not a tad boring. It needs no egg moves as all of its most useful attacks are in its level-up list, and while Hariyama doesn't hit quite as hard as Ursaring, it's still able to OHKO a great deal with Guts CC and it has generally better bulk than Ursaring before you cripple yourself with stat drops. But the main thing is Fake Out is a godsend.

New to teambuilding for doubles, but I was toying with an idea of Mega Salamence and Lightning Rod Alolan Marowak leads, with Celesteela back up but Greninja is a bit of an issue for those three (not to mention I lack a special attacker). I thought about Tapu Fini, but Misty Terrain benefits neither Salamence nor Celesteela, not to mention it would be troublesome since I have Will-o-Wisp on Marowak and Toxic on Celesteela. What are some other good Greninja counters, or do I just have to scrap this plan?

Side note: I almost lost my first battle with Mega Salamence + Alolan Marowak lead after my opponent opened with Mega Alakazam and Electrode. Mega Alakazam traced Lightning Rod and absorbed whatever electric type attack Electrode went for. Luckily Shadow Bone took Alakazam out after it targeted my Salamence.
If you are worried about not having a special attacker, both Salamence and Celesteela can run special sets (although special Salamence needs hyper voice from ORAS). Salamence also has secondary STAB with Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor, and coverage with Flamethrower/Hydro Pump (the former is redundant with the rest of the team, the latter has low accuracy though.) Celesteela has solid STAB in Flash Cannon and Air Slash, and can use one or both of those with status moves (or go all out offencive with a fire/grass coverage move).

As for a Greninja counter, Tapu Koko is faster and can knock it out with both its STAB's, although it has bad synergy with Alolan Marowak and would probably have to use Thunderbolt/Volt Switch alongside Discharge, since neither Mega-Salamence nor Celesteela wants to take any of its electric attacks. An offencive set with Life Orb or a Z-Crystal is probably it's best bet.

Seconding Hariyama, it is a good lead. Once HA Incineroar comes out, it may be a good option if you want more bulk.

Right now, Drampa and Vikavolt are good special attackers, the former with a whole ton of coverage and multiple good abilities, the latter with a bit more power and stronger STAB options. Primarina might also work, trading a bit of power for a great defencive typing and good special bulk. Wishiwashi is yet another strong water type, and can run both physical and special sets.

There are plenty of strong physical attackers, including Araquanid, Golisopod, Dhelmise, and Mudsdale. Araquanid is a one trick pony, but can hit hard with Liquidation, and might run a good Choice Band set. Golisopod has enough priority to be able to work in and out of Trick Room, and combines good bulk with Leech Life. Dhelmize has a great attack stat and 3 STAB's, giving it good coverage to supplant its physical bulk. Mudsdale also has great bulk, and a solid set of coverage options.

While I haven't mentioned anything that requires Bank yet, Mega-Mawile is going to be good with its great bulk and insane attack. Mega-Ampharos might be good too once it comes out.

I've considered Mudsdale for a while. A Ground type that doesn't have to rely on Earthquake could come in handy.

As for movesets for the special attackers, will these work? I'm no good at defensive EV spreads, and I'm just throwing ideas out there. Wishiwashi's movepool looks really bad after checking Serebii, and even worse for special attacking sets. It has. . .pretty much just Water and Ice coverage on the special side.

Primarina @ Whatever its Z-Crystal is called
Quiet, 252 HP, 252 Special Attack, 6 Special Defense

Sparkling Aria
Moonblast
Energy Ball
Protect

Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Quiet, 252 HP, 252 Special Attack, 6 HP

Thunderbolt
Bug Buzz
Protect
Filler (Volt Switch/Energy Ball/Flash Cannon?)

Drampa @ Life Orb
Quiet, 252 HP, 252 Special Attack, 6 Special Defense
Sap Sipper

Hyper Voice
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast? (It needs something for Steel types, but Fire Blast)
Protect

Wishiwashi's movepool looks terrible on the special side. Pretty much just Water and Ice coverage. I imagine a physical variant would be something like Waterfall/Earthquake/U-Turn/Protect with a Sitrus Berry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)