Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about Gen 6 breeding:

If you have a male Pokemon with his Hidden Ability, it won't pass down if you breed with a Ditto, right?

Question about Gen 6 breeding:

If you have a male Pokemon with his Hidden Ability, it won't pass down if you breed with a Ditto, right?
That was true in gen 5, but in gen 6, males and genderless Pokemon can pass their hidden ability down if bred with Ditto, and it's about the same 60% chance as a female with its hidden ability breeding with a compatible partner. (from my experience, anyway) The offspring won't inherit the ball, however.

I've got no experience using Buzzwole so I can't say, but I just wanted to drop a comment about choice items. They can be difficult to get used to, but they're honestly really great. When I started playing Pokemon I avoided them like the plague, but now I usually have /at least/ a banded Pokemon on every team. They just require a lot of prediction to use - you have to read swaps and stuff accurately, and also have a Pokemon who you can swap into to sponge hits for whoever is choiced. It's worth it in the end, especially since you can punch through checks if they swap in to a coverage move.

That's all; not saying you have to use a band, just wanted to say why I like them. I used to think of them as a liability but now they're probably my favourite group of items save for lefties.
Thanks for the advice. Guess Ill have to start using them. Since I see a lot of Pokemon sets for choice items.

So I'm gonna buy a power saves cuz I can and also cuz I'd like to help some fellows here with cloning and such and I'm wondering if there's an specific one I need to get for it to be compatible with sun and moon?

thanks

anyone want a 5iv skill link cloyster? i got it up to lvl 50 without realizing that rock blast was important and i need to start over. (it also won't come with EVs because i didn't get to the training portion before noticing how important rock blast was.)

Why do people like shiny Azumarill in a Fast Ball? It's not an Electric so it doesn't fit thematically. And if you wanted to go for the yellow colour, Level Ball would look better no? I still see Fast Ball more than anything and I'm wondering why.

Why do people like shiny Azumarill in a Fast Ball? It's not an Electric so it doesn't fit thematically. And if you wanted to go for the yellow colour, Level Ball would look better no? I still see Fast Ball more than anything and I'm wondering why.
maybe the color scheme of the ball itself? it would make sense if that was the answer but i don't understand it quite either.

Level Ball's yellow isn't that obvious in-game whereas Fast Ball's orange and yellow is quite obvious is my guess. But ultimately it boils down to personal preference. (granted, Fast Ball's theme is speed, not Electric types. Though Azumarill's not really fast nor has it ever been likely to flee battle)

Hey guys I'm about to complete the alola dex and I'm missing few 'mons, if anynone could help me out with few tradebacks would be awesome, just send me a pm and if you want something in return let me know to see if I can get it

Shiinotic
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Carracosta
Clefairy
Weavile
Krokorok
Cosmoem
Silvally
Glalie

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Level Ball's yellow isn't that obvious in-game whereas Fast Ball's orange and yellow is quite obvious is my guess. But ultimately it boils down to personal preference. (granted, Fast Ball's theme is speed, not Electric types. Though Azumarill's not really fast nor has it ever been likely to flee battle)
It's not that obvious during the animation or are you talking about its sprite? Cause Fast Ball is orange. Also, I forgot that it's about speed lol. I was thinking Electric because of the lightning bolt on the ball.

It's not that obvious during the animation or are you talking about its sprite? Cause Fast Ball is orange. Also, I forgot that it's about speed lol. I was thinking Electric because of the lightning bolt on the ball.
Fast Ball is obviously orange, but with yellow bolts. Level Ball's sprite tends to look more beige than yellow. Regardless, perhaps you could see the fact that Level Ball is less common as an opportunity to make yours stand out a bit more from the crowd, if indeed you want to breed for a shiny Azumarill to trade around or even just to battle with.

I'm looking for two things (in different gens), but they're both purely spitbacks.

Gen 6: Sassy Bronzor with a zero Speed IV (let me know if it's HP type is Ice)

Gen 7: Relaxed Tangela with Leech Seed and an even Speed IV (for HP Ice)

Last edited:
Fast Ball is obviously orange, but with yellow bolts. Level Ball's sprite tends to look more beige than yellow. Regardless, perhaps you could see the fact that Level Ball is less common as an opportunity to make yours stand out a bit more from the crowd, if indeed you want to breed for a shiny Azumarill to trade around or even just to battle with.
Okay the sprite is orange but the ball in-game is clearly red. Anyway, that's a good point. I will make the way for Level Ball Azumarill. Thanks, Detective Barricade ;)

I want to know if this is allowed on Smogon. I have not done this before and will not unless it is allowed here. The action I am talking about is using a TTDS card on the DSi and copying / backing up save files of Generation 5 games in order to clone Pokemon. No edits/mods/cheats are used.

I want to know if this is allowed on Smogon. I have not done this before and will not unless it is allowed here. The action I am talking about is using a TTDS card on the DSi and copying / backing up save files of Generation 5 games in order to clone Pokemon. No edits/mods/cheats are used.
That's perfectly fine so long as you let people know the pokemon in question has been cloned and through what means.

Would breeding with an everstone guarantee an ability to be passed down? ie: shellder being bred with shell armor producing skill link.
Edit: i've read no it doesn't but from what i've been hatching says yes

Edit #2: the second i read MegaCharizard's post i bred one with skill link, i just got incredibly unlucky..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)