MLB 2017

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright chucklefucks here we go. With pitchers and catchers already reporting the best time of the year is rapidly approaching. This right here is your destination for all things baseball-related including our glorious fantasy baseball discussion.

As a carryover from last season's thread:

"Remember, you are allowed no more than 6 keepers, and will take a cap hit equal to half of the 2017 projected value OR the price that player was drafted in 2016"

Smogon Fantasy League Participants:

01 - Raging Spics (biggie) confirmed
02 - TiredofStantonAround (Texas Cloverleaf) confirmed
03 - Bird Up (pookar) confirmed
04 - North Correa (Stallion) confirmed
05 - Precious CarGo (nLTk)
06 - Grand Theft Votto (Del Rio) confirmed
07 - Leave It to Seager (ButteredToast) confirmed
08 - Imanalt (Imanalt) confirmed
09 - SKL (Sugar K Leonard)
10 - Swung on and Beltre (cbt) confirmed

Last edited:

biggie

champ
I will renew it now but it will automatically grant spots to everyone who participated last year. I'll need everyone to claim their teams and state their interest in continuing to play.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Confirming TiredOfStantonAround

Which will have to be changed now that I no longer have him

edit: How the fuck did I get Trea Turner LOL

edit2: biggie is a dumb

edit 3: Also iirc this is the year our three year keeper rule coms in effect

edit4: might have also been there last year

Last edited:
In to do a New York Yankees style of rebuild.

Try to remain increasingly competitive while turning my squad over to baby bombers and he future.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Also draft time is 2am currently. Can we do a Saturday night american time? Or even a Friday night american time

You should know that the the draft time is temporary and we'll get the whole thing sorted out soon. Like every year, we'll find a time that works great with your kangaroo fighting ass on the other side of the world. :)

Yeah we'll change the draft time for him, so that'll be one less excuse he'll have for these L's me and ButteredToast are gonna give him

Also - this is the last year to keep players we've kept since the inception of our keeper rules, right?

Yeah we'll change the draft time for him, so that'll be one less excuse he'll have for these L's me and ButteredToast are gonna give him

Also - this is the last year to keep players we've kept since the inception of our keeper rules, right?
Last year was. This is year 4 of keepers, believe it or not.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last year was. This is year 4 of keepers, believe it or not.
This is the 4th year since we decided it was a keeper league, but this means its only the third year in which we could keep players (because we drafted from scratch before year 1), and so no one has kept a player for 3 years already.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
the fact that i am posting this will put questions regarding whether i'm playing or not to bed

a: if i kept anyone i had previously kept my whole time in the league (i joined in '15) i'm assuming this would be my last year to do so?

b: will an exact value sheet be coming soon biggie

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I am 99.9% sure it was own a player for 3 years. It is why Stallion released Trout back into the pool to refresh his keeper clock.
I released Trout to keep him for longer and to get him cheaper.

I forget what the rule we agreed on was, but I'm pretty sure it's been outlined in previous threads though.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Repurchasing a player re-sets their keeper clock I'm 99% sure

Retainer price is the greater of last year's price or half auction default value

biggie

champ
the fact that i am posting this will put questions regarding whether i'm playing or not to bed

a: if i kept anyone i had previously kept my whole time in the league (i joined in '15) i'm assuming this would be my last year to do so?

b: will an exact value sheet be coming soon biggie
a: a team is allowed to keep a player for 3 years. if the previous owner of your team kept players before you got to it, and you then kept those same players, the rule still applies.

b: i'm working on it, though it's proving to not be as easy as previous years for some reason. the transferring of player values into excel isn't going right.

I released Trout to keep him for longer and to get him cheaper.

I forget what the rule we agreed on was, but I'm pretty sure it's been outlined in previous threads though.
A team is allowed to keep a player for 3 consecutive years before they must be released back into the player pool. This is the rule.

from what i remember, you released Trout simply because of economics. i distinctly remember you saying you couldn't afford to spend that money on him when users like imanalt had great young talent being kept very cheaply. then when Trout came up, you were able to save a few dollars so you bit at it.

Texas Cloverleaf

Tentative keeper list ($last year's price)

1B: Chris Davis ($12)
2B: Jose Altuve ($17)
SS: Tim Anderson (n/a)
OF: Trea Turner (n/a)
SP: Clayton Kershaw ($54)
SP: Noah Syndergaard ($10)

Min retainer cost: $93

Current half projected costs: Altuve (42-->21), Turner (34-->17), Syndergaard (28-->14), Tim Anderson ($1-->?)

Current projected retainer cost: 12+21+1 or 0+17+54+14=$119 or $118

Sub options: David Dahl (n/a), Odubel Herrara (n/a), Khris Davis ($6)

biggie if the two options for a player's price are 0 and 0.5 does that count as $0 retainer or $1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)