Jirachi @ Leftovers ** Rage
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 20 Spd / 56 SAtk / 44 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Reflect
- Wish

Reflect to help out my physical attackers, Wish to heal.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers ** System Crash
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 148 HP / 220 Atk / 140 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Earthquake

Dragon Dance Salamence. I now prefer this over CB, since I'm not always locked into one move. Note that Flamethrower always 2HKO's Skarmory, even with Adamant.

Medicham (F) @ Choice Band ** Hinder Tactics
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Shadow Ball

EDIT: read Obi's post in response to my question.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers ** Funeral For You
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf

Really considering putting Suicune over, but I need Hypnosis to shut down threats to my DDMence.

Claydol @ Leftovers ** Need More Fuel?
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 108 Def / 52 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Forretress was here, but a lack of a good Tyranitar counter led me to put Claydol on.

Celebi @ Leftovers ** Shimmer
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 HP / 56 Def / 152 Spd / 168 SAtk / 56 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Psychic
- Recover

Cleric and other Special attacker. It's a tossup with the Hidden Power. I use Grass to create a reliable Swampert counter, Fire to take down Steel types that switch in, and Ice to kill Dragons.

Alakazam should have fire punch to deal with steels and maybe hope for burning some physical counters. Thunderpunch is only used for the likes of gyarados and starmie, because STAB psychic is good enough damage on anything non-resistant and not 4x weak. Also consider HP Grass over Calm Mind, as it's a bit hard to sweep with just 2 attacks anyways, while HP Grass will get you out of trouble against tyranitar.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You have no Normal or Flying resist, which a steel type would take care of. A defensive Wish Jirachi can deal with it effectively, and using it over Alakazam will provide more solid Starmie coverage. Zapdos works well for CB HP Flying as well, but normal moves will still hurt you (CB Normal types aren't very common though).

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Nightsever: Please read http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2756
before commenting about my Special Attack. 263 SAtk, or 108 EVs, allows me to OHKO DDMence with a single Ice Beam.
That fact doesn't really justify so much SAtk. With a max HP max Def Bold Natured Milotic, you can run though the two scenarios of Salamence running either DD or CB. If it's using Dragon Dance on the turn you switched Milotic in, it's doing about 41-49% damage the next turn, and you're forcing the opponent to lose a valuable special sweeper through 2HKO, and quite possibly a OHKO. If it's hitting you with a CB hit within the turn you switch in, your opponent can simply play smart and switch out to a Milotic counter, in which Milotic is forced to try and Recover, or switch out with some of its HP eaten away. If it stays in, assuming it runs a standard 4/252/252 Spread, it's quite likely they are getting KOd.

The fact of the matter is, DDMence won't force Milotic into a dire situation without 2 DDs or a crit, and CBMence will only eat away at your HP for one turn, which you can easily recover later on.

Then you have to look at your team. With the exception of three relevant moves as it they correlate to my point (Celebi's HP Grass, Salamence's Dragon Dance and Earthquake), most of your team will be hitting Salamence for at least 25% anyway. That's enough so that by the time you've switched Milotic in, Salamence is within KO range even at minimal SAtk. Not to mention you have Claydol and a Reflecting Jirachi.

With this information at hand, I'd personally go for maximum HP to get the most out of my defenses and worry about Salamence (who normally doesn't stay in for the virtue of conservation) later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)