Gen 3 The Final Tweak

This team is pretty much the result of endless tweaking and team building over the whole length Advance was out. Pretty much the best Pokemon from each of the teams I've used put together. But anyway, I digress. Lets RMT...

To summarize...

|
___
_
_
___
____
|
| Phys. Sweeper| All-or-nothing Sweepers | Phys. Tank | Wall Destroyer | Spec. Tank |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More explanation...

Dragonite ** White Nite
@ Choice Band
Adamant - Inner Focus
252 Attack, 196 Speed, 60 HP

~Hidden Power Flying
~Earthquake
~Focus Punch
~Heal Bell

My lead. I always preferred Choice Band Dragonite to Choice Band Salamence almost purely due to Focus Punch, but also due to its better defensive stats.

Relatively simple but very efficient in what it does - EQ OHKO's 90% of Metagross and Tyranitar (leads or whatever), Hidden Power Flying 2HKO's Blissey, OHKO's Celebi (who usually stays in), does roughly 45% to Mixpert and is simply a very strong STAB. Focus Punch OHKO's Blissey (why do people switch Blissey into Dragonite?), 2HKO's Skarmory, Suicune, Swampert and Milotic and OHKO's Snorlax with up to one Curse.

Heal Bell is strange here, I know, but seriously, Dragonite doesn't have many other options - I could utilize HP Rock and use Aerial Ace, but I'd rather keep the power. I used Roar initially when I didn't have Steelix, but I found it was only really useful for Ninjask leads. Despite being Choice Banded (and therefor locked into it), Heal Bell has really filled the gap - Mid game when there's status about (E.G. my Regice's / Azumarill's asleep, Steelix has been burned, etc) Dragonite can Heal Bell on a switch without the risk of using a move such as Earthquake which your opponents switch-in could be immune to. It's pretty much a use that can't be out predicted, assuming you're switched out on. Also saves Dragonite from Burns, though even while burnt Choice Band Dragonite maintains around 300 Attack.

The Speed EVs allow Dragonite to outrun and OHKO (as I said, I believe all non-max HP ones, and they die most of the time anyway) all Tyranitar including Jolly ones running max at 243. With the HP EVs Dragonite survives a Mixpert's Ice Beam 100% of the time, which I usually stay in and hit with Hidden Power Flying as it sets up Scizor.

Don't tell me to put Thunder on this. Nor Thunderbolt, Fire Blast or anything like that. Focus Punch 2HKO's Skarmory and Suicune. Leave it at that.

Scizor @ Leichi Berry
Adamant - Swarm
252 Attack, 128 Speed, 128 HP

~Endure
~Reversal
~Agility
~Hidden Power Ghost

This is the first of my all-or-nothing (esque) Physical sweepers. I've always been a fan of End-revers, but with all the Tyranitars running around, I've never really been able to utilize them... Until I found Scizor.

This is my main switch in to Metagross, Aerodactyl after something's died and a great switch in on pretty much anything Physical. Usually it plays out as coming in on a Meteor Mash from Regice, taking roughly 30%. Take an Earthquake for 40%, Agility, Endure another Earthquake, Leichi goes off, then sweep. Reversal after the Leichi OHKO's Metagross, around 40% of Swamperts (and is the reason I leave Dragonite in on Mixpert, to dent it and ensure a KO), OHKO's standard Milotic, does a very large amount to Suicune and generally, mid to late game, is unstoppable. Hidden Power Ghost gives coverage; OHKOing Gengar, 2HKOing Celebi and hurting Weezing. Swarmed HP Bug may seem attractive, but it leaves you open to the very common Gengar (usually who comes straight in after Reversal) and Weezing more so. I'd only use Hidden Power Bug if I had a fear of Celebi, but Dragonite OHKO's Celebi with Hidden Power Flying.

The max Attack EV's are obvious, putting Scizor at 591 Attack after Leichi. 128 Speed, after a 30 Speed IV from Hidden Power Ghost (NetBattle default) puts Scizor at 198 Speed and 396 Speed after an Agility, outrunning the common base 130s in Jolteon, Aerodactyl and Crobat. Even with Jolly and max Speed, Scizor can reach only 391 Speed after Salac, so Agility + Leichi > Swords Dance + Salac.

I use Endure over Substitute because I like to utilize Scizors resistances as a Steel type. A lot.

Oh, and if you hadn't realized already, it's immune to Sandstorm.

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Naughty - Blaze
252 Attack, 136 Speed, 120 Sp. Attack

~Belly Drum
~Double Edge
~Earthquake
~Fire Blast

My second all-or-nothing sweeper, this time mixed. A more thought out concept, though I did take it from the Smogon ADV StrategyDex. The strategy is simple, though a little more complex compared to the simple Substitute / Belly Drum / Salac Charizard. This Charizard is made to come out mid-to-late game after I know what my opponents Bulky Water / Physical wall is. Send it out on something that'll run from it such as Metagross, Belly Drum on the switch (hoping like hell you see a Physical wall rather than something like Aerodactly or Starmie), then hit with Double Edge. Providing your opponent has 444 HP or less (Vaporeon? /shrug) you will survive the recoil and it will send you into >25% zone, setting off Salac and Blaze. You're then able to sweep with Earthquake and Fire Blast.

After the Belly Drum, Double Edge OHKO's Mixpert, standard Milotic, Aerodactyl (if it Rock Slides and it misses), Gyarados and Blastoise if you see it.

After Blaze, even with just 120 Sp. Attack EVs, Blaze'd Fire Blast OHKO's Gengar, Forretress, Skarmory, Articuno if you see it and Celebi. KOs Weezing if it has taken any residual damage as well.

I use Naughty instead of Lonely for two reasons: Firstly, without the Defense drop from Lonely Charizard is able to switch in on all Metagross's Meteor Mash 100% of the time and take it for less than 50%. Belly Drum on the switch, Salac goes off immediately and procede to sweep. Secondly, with no Defense drop from Lonely, Charizard can Belly Drum in the face of Weezing and survive the Sludge Bomb 100% of the time and procede to Fire Blast it (hopefully to death).

The max Attack is obvious, the Speed EVs put Charizard at 270 outrunning Adamant Heracross and all base 130s after Salac with the rest of the EVs in Sp. Attack to power Fire Blast.

Steelix ** Omen @ Leftovers
Impish - Sturdy
244 HP, 216 Attack, 48 Defense

~Earthquake
~Iron Tail
~Roar
~Explosion

My Phyical wall, CurseLax / Jirachi counter, Phazer and all 'round great utility. Initially when I made this team, choosing a Physical wall was hard. I didn't want to use Skarm as I wanted a wall that was able to defeat things like CB and DD Mence, not just phaze them. I started with Cloyster (Relaxed, 252 HP / 204 Defense / 56 Attack) which I had a lot of fun with, but with it I had a huge CB Aero weakness. Rock Slide off the lead would 2HKO Cloyster, then I'd go to Scizor. Scizor could take one hit, Agility / Endure then OHKO it if it stayed in, but if it didn't and came back later I'd be screwed. From Cloyster I went to Suicune (Bold, 252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Speed) who took Rock Slides better, but then I had problems with CB Mence. It was pretty much my only switch in, and could be 3-4 HKO'd by HP Flying without much chance to use Rest.

Then I discovered Steelix! 200 Base Defense, x2 Flying / Normal Resist and x4 Rock Resist filled the gap perfectly. It phazes with Roar as well to stop Baton Pass chains (or more commonly just Ninjask), completely owns CurseLax (who I had a weak to also with Cloyster) due to resisting both Shadow Ball and Return and being able to hit for roughly 25% with its STAB moves before phazing it away if it Cursed up, and annihilates Aerodactyl with Iron Tail, which brings me to my next point.

When people think Iron Tail, they usually think 'oh n00b 75% accurate go use Thunder wtfz'. Before Steelix I probably would have agreed with them. Attack wise, Steelix's only realistic options are Earthquake, Iron Tail, Explosion and Rock Slide. Most people use Toxic or Rock Slide, but think of this: Iron Tail has the same base power as Rock Slide when it hits Super Effective. It's twice as powerful! It OHKO's Aerodacyl as well, rather than 2HKO. Most Aerodactyl stay in on a weakened Steelix expecting to finish it off with two Earthuqakes. It also aids prediction against foes such as CurseLax - With it dealing the same damage as Earthquake, I can risk missing in order to hit a potentially Flying type switch-in.

Should Regice die, Steelix also helps against some Special Sweepers. Steelix easily takes down Jolteon (and is my immediate switch in, Roaring as it Baton Passes the Sub) and can take down Zapdos too - Only by exploding on it, though. Explosion also OHKOs Blissey, should I need to take it down very quickly for some reason.

The EVs give Steelix 260 Attack. This allows Steelix to do a minimum of 40% to 120 HP DD Salamence with Iron tail - Obviously a 3HKO, but more importantly, after 40% Damage, if I score a (30% chance of) Defense drop from Iron Tail, the following Iron Tail will do a minimum of 60%, meaning it's a 2HKO. In the mean time, Steelix can easily take the Earthquakes. If the DD Mence has Fire Blast it means it doesn't have Rock Slide, and Regice can switch in and take it down with ease.

The HP EVs give Steelix 352 HP which fits in with Leftovers recovery. The rest goes into Defense, despite being just 48 EVs it generates a huge 492 Defense.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Adamant - Huge Power
252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Speed

~Substitute
~Focus Punch
~Hidden Power Ghost
~Rest

Azumarill is an absolute beast, no matter what people say. Lack of Physical STAB doesn't hurt it in Advance. 436 Attack hurts.

This Azumarill was made to to rip through teams as a Physical and Special wall counter. 101 HP Substitutes are obvious as they set you up for Focus Punch against Pokemon such as Blissey and Miltank who like to use Seismic Toss - Anyone that leaves Blissey in against Azumarill soon finds their pink blob OHKO'd by Focus Punch, and anyone that leaves Miltank in gets it 2HKO'd.

Azumarill is my main switch in on Suicune, Miltotic and Blissey and why I call it my Wall killer. With its water typing, Azumarill can Sub' up against Suicune and Milotic while taking next-to-nothing from Surf and Ice Beam. From there, Focus Punch 2HKOs standard Milotic and 3HKOs Suicune / Skarmory. Suicune has to Calm Mind twice before having even a chance to break the Substitute with STAB Surf, by which time Azumarill is ripping through it with Focus Punches.

Hidden Power Ghost is for Gengar, who comes in consistently on Focus Punch. It is a 100% OHKO on it. Hidden Power Ghost also 2HKOs Dusklops, 3HKOs Celebi and does some damage to Weezing.

Rest, initially, was a filler move. I was never quite sure what to put there. I saw its high HP there, so slammed in Rest for recovery. Now I swear by it, I wouldn't use anything else. Azumarill can stay in all day against Pokemon such the Bulky-Waters I listed and just take Ice Beams and Surfs all day while resting up to max HP. It wins me stall wars and leaves the kick-ass Water mouse in all game.

...It's (Azumarill / Rest) very fun to use, too. Most teams don't have a counter for Azumarill and send in their Bulky-Waters. When they realize they're getting completely owned, they either switch out or continue to Surf me. If they do get to wear me down and I rest, you can just tell they're pissed off 'cause of the pause they make when they see it recover all its health they worked so hard to get down :)

Regice @ Leftovers
Calm - Clear Body
204 HP, 136 Defense, 136 Sp. Attack, 34 Sp. Defense

~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Seismic Toss
~Rest

My Special Wall and main Gyarados and Starmie counter (and backup Salamence counter). I've always been a fan of Regice, more so than Blissey because it gets a great Sp. Attack stat and some sweet moves to utilize it with.

Ice Beam is the most obvious move on the set. 142.5 base damage STAB Ice is sweet, and very useful for taking down Bulky-Grassers. Thunderbolt is Ice Beams common partner in crime, allowing Regice to hit every Pokemon in the game at least Neutral except Magneton, Lanturn and Shedinja, which brings me to my next point, Seismic Toss...

Seismic Toss was initially put on this Regice (potentially over Toxic, Thunderwave or Sleep Talk) to stop Raikou walking over my team with Substitute + Calm Mind (therefor making it practically immune to Ice Beam). If Regice switches in on a Sub'CM Raikou as it Substitutes and proceeds to Seismic Toss it as it Calm Minds, Raikou ends up with around +4 Sp. Attack and +4 Sp. Defense by the time it's within KO range for Seismic Toss. Attacking off that Sp. Attack stat (987 if max Sp. Attack / Timid), Thunderbolt doesn't even 2HKO Regice. I found though that Seismic Toss is very useful for taking down Lanturn as well though, but less so Magneton because Ice Beam does more (40% ish, S-Toss weighs in at 36%).

Rest is simple recovery. Regice definitely has the defenses to pull it off, easily. I've thought about Protect (for Leftovers recovery) but decided to keep Rest.

The EVs give Regice 352 HP which again like Steelix ties in with Leftovers recovery. The Defense / Sp. Attack EVs put Regice's Defense / Sp. Attack at a bulky 270 each. The rest of the EVs go into Sp. Defense, generating a huge 488 Sp. Defense.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... That's it. It may seem like a wall of words I know, but if you do read through I'd love to hear your opinion (and you might learn something too!).

I'm not really looking to make any changes at the moment, but like I said, I want some opinions. Please do tell me suggestions though, in full, and I'll consider them.

I currently have a 90%-95% win rate with this team, and the times I lose it's due to me making a stupid mistake :P The only Pokemon this team has trouble with is Curse-Pert if it has Rest and a lot of Sp. Defense EVs. Even then, Regice can throw Ice Beams at it over and over 'til it goes down. It does become problematic if I let it set up.

So... RMT!

Anti, you've really out done yourself. Not only have you covered your weaknesses but you've also made a great offensive team as well. Defensive can be offensive when you are the defense. Good Job. 10|10 overall. Keep up the good work!

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well thought out, but just reckless enough to be done in by some of the more unexpected mixed movesets, like Fire Blast Snorlax and HP Fire Metagross. And of course, Tyranitar hinders the team a bit. Scizor resists Sandstorm, yes, but things do resist Scizor.

I like how the team can clear away bulky waters easily, and put Charizard in a good area for setup. The only thing I would consider changing is adding in more status. It's frustrating for the opponent to move around vs a team based on setting up sweepers when they're asleep or paralyzed. For that matter, you can always use Thunder Wave over Heal Bell on Dragonite, and even Sing on Azumarill if you're lucky enough. If you could afford it, I'd recommend a Thunder Wave/Explosion Regice, but sadly, Thunderbolt Starmie rips through the rest of the team far too easily.

Ta Scs!

I think you're right, Synchronize. Fire Blast Snorlax does put a dent in Steelix, but if it does Fire Blast, something like Dragonite can come in and put a huge dent in it with Hidden Power. I've thought about status, like running T-Wave on Regice and Sing on Azumarill. Problem with Regice was as you said, Starmie would hurt me and with Azumarill is that if I sing something like Sleeptalk Milotic, it'll still be able to hurt me. and it'll have its defense raised.

What's funny is the team wasn't made to set up the sweepers, it just... happened like that lol. I've never thought of it like that. Come to think of it, if I saw an RMT like this, I'd thick the exact same thing xD

Uh... Charizard and Regice take down Skarm with ease. Dragonite can 2HKO it and so can Scizor.

You're saying the only Pokemon that can kill Skarmory is Magneton?

Besides, somehow I think it'd be cool if Skarm ran from Charizard...

and everyone leaves skarm in on charizard and regice.
That's the point. Why bother suggesting that a bulky water could even destroy Skarmory? A counter is something that can switch in on something else with no or little harm and pose an immediate threat. I would like to state that Charizard and Regice counter Skarmory. A Bulky water like Swampert could switch in with no harm, but I'd like to see him try to OHKO the stupid metal bird.

Anti, Wish could really help you out, but I don't want to change your team. I was going to suggest HP Bug to take advantage of Swarm on Scizor, but then you're left with no weapon to take down Gengar if you manage to get set up.

As for Iron Tail on Steelix, I totally agree with you. In Little Cup I used an Aron with Iron Tail who could obliterate anything that didn't resist.

I'm suggesting Sing over Rest on Azumarill, but it's up to you.

Excellent team, score another for the Aussies.

HP Bug on Scizor is sexy, and I can tell you that there are times where I wish I had it to take down Celebi. Though you're right in saying I'd be screwed against Gengar - I see them a lot more than I do Celebi. Switching out Scizor isn't so bad, either - If I can get an Agility on a switch later, I've still got a 200 base power Fighting attack off a 394 Attack stat.

I really think Sing on Azumarill would be sweet, but I see a lot of Rest Talk Milotics around and with that and Leftovers, Focus Punch is like a 3-4 HKO :( When they Rest and they're on a 2 turn double defensive timer, Azumarill can take them down.

You're right about Wish, it can really help my team. If Jirachi could phaze, I would definitely consider it.

I've never played LC, but as you do I agree 'bout Iron Talk 'course.

Excellent team, score another for the Aussies.
Giant desert FTW!

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
tbh, as far as the Skarm issue is concerned, that's where Fire Blast and Thunder(bolt) come in on Dragonite. It's not an issue of whether you can predict a switch and 2HKO (in which it's really more like a 3HKO because of circumstance), it's that fact that once Skarm starts taking HP Flying and EQs on the regular, you can predict and cripple Skarmory so that it's a pain for it to come back in take CBed Physical attacks.

It's a good team, seems to have covered up its weaknesses well. However, it gets damaged by some rarer sets that you have to play around cautiously. For example, a Modest Hypnosis/Thunderbolt/Fire Punch/Ice Punch Gengar can do a number if it puts regice to sleep on the switch-in. Also mostly other uncommon mixed sets like CSgyarados or Fire blast Snorlax or Mixmence. I won't presume to suggest any changes since you seem to have thoroughly tested every move to make sure they mesh well, but I would prefer to use another move over Rest on Azumarill, probably Sing/Hydro Pump. I could conceivably see a triple layer of Spikes on your side with Sandstorm putting lots of pressure on Regice with repeated switching from stuff like Modest Zapdoses.

scizor is random

drop it for a bulky water
Try reading.

There are very few things I love more than CBnite. Of course, you've decided to run heal bell where I would run Thunder, but it's a CBnite regardless. I want to suggest a wishpasser to help out so many of your team members who lack recovery, namely Steelix, but your six slots are so well filled it's hard to suggest you replace anything. Spikes looks annoying for this team but far from game-changing; as stated, Steelix/Regice will hate it but I doubt it will/has caused you many problems.

In short, I suggest nothing (lol) and good job on this team. You know your team has good chemistry when Synch applauds it.

I hate how everyone forgets to counter Blaziken.

It can now deal a super-effective hit on all your pokemon. ("Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Thunderpunch, Rock Slide/hp [ice]" set)

Have you considered psych up over seismic toss on Regice? Steal Raikou's calm minds and break its subs with ice beam. I've swept teams with Regice after stealing 3-4 calm minds from Raikou/Celebi. People seem to forget about Regice's nice 100 base defense that allow it to take powerful physical hits from faster poke's and then OHKOing them right back with a souped up bolt/beam.

tbh, as far as the Skarm issue is concerned, that's where Fire Blast and Thunder(bolt) come in on Dragonite. It's not an issue of whether you can predict a switch and 2HKO (in which it's really more like a 3HKO because of circumstance), it's that fact that once Skarm starts taking HP Flying and EQs on the regular, you can predict and cripple Skarmory so that it's a pain for it to come back in take CBed Physical attacks.
I find while versing a lot of Skarmorys people either
a) switch out to a special attacker like Blissey to take a Fire Blast or some shit or
b) Stay in and set up 'cause they think either Skarm is invincible or Dragonite sucks. They either lose their special wall or lose 60% of their Skarms health. Even if they do Drill Peck me afterwards, it's enough because I only need Skarm weakened by 20% for Scizor to be able to bring it down w/ 591 Attack Reversal (averaging around 80%)

It's a good team, seems to have covered up its weaknesses well. However, it gets damaged by some rarer sets that you have to play around cautiously. For example, a Modest Hypnosis/Thunderbolt/Fire Punch/Ice Punch Gengar can do a number if it puts regice to sleep on the switch-in. Also mostly other uncommon mixed sets like CSgyarados or Fire blast Snorlax or Mixmence. I won't presume to suggest any changes since you seem to have thoroughly tested every move to make sure they mesh well, but I would prefer to use another move over Rest on Azumarill, probably Sing/Hydro Pump. I could conceivably see a triple layer of Spikes on your side with Sandstorm putting lots of pressure on Regice with repeated switching from stuff like Modest Zapdoss.
I find that generally, Regice takes so little from Gengars moves that it can stall it out 'til it wakes up. T-Bolt's doin' 20%ish while Ice Beam does 60%. The only problem I have with Gengar is (well somewhat) McGar on the lead subbing on the switch and focus Punching Regice (does, like, 55%) but more so the very rare Substitute / Hypnosis / Focus Punch / shadow ball or Ice Punch or T-Bolt. That can give me serious problems. Usually I'll set up Sleep Clause and switch in one of my Steels.

What is CS Gyarados? I've never seen a Mixmence in ADV. Thinking of DP? Fire Blast Snorlax can dent Steelix yes. Dragonite usually comes in on the follow-up 'Blast.

I did try another move on Azumarill - Ice Beam. For Salamence / Zapdos switch ins. I found that it really didn't do much for me - I needed max HP for 101 HP subs, and for every 4 EVs I took from Azumarill's Attack it lost 2 Attack points due to Pure Power - not good. With it I hugely lowered my 2HKO rate on Milotic. Once though I had fun w/ a Hypnosis / Focus Punch / Ice Beam / Surf Poliwrath, that was cool xD So much lower Attack, though...

Spikes does hurt the team (well, the walls) a bit. The good thing about it is something like Steelix doesn't need that much HP to completely wall something - Even after 3 layers of Spikes it can survive a lot of Earthquakes, from things like (non CB'd or I'd switch in Drag) Tauros and Aerodactyl.

Zapdos can be a problem after Regice dies. Steelix can blow up on it, that's it really. The bigger problem is Starmie.

There are very few things I love more than CBnite. Of course, you've decided to run heal bell where I would run Thunder, but it's a CBnite regardless. I want to suggest a wishpasser to help out so many of your team members who lack recovery, namely Steelix, but your six slots are so well filled it's hard to suggest you replace anything. Spikes looks annoying for this team but far from game-changing; as stated, Steelix/Regice will hate it but I doubt it will/has caused you many problems.
I would probably run something like Jirachi over Steelix if I was going to use a Wish Pokemon. Unfortunately no (I think?) Pokemon can learn Rapid Spin as well as Wish. If I were to replace Steelix they'd have to be a Rock / Normal resist that can phaze, too.

In short, I suggest nothing (lol) and good job on this team. You know your team has good chemistry when Synch applauds it.
woot! xD

I hate how everyone forgets to counter Blaziken.

It can now deal a super-effective hit on all your pokemon. ("Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Thunderpunch, Rock Slide/hp [ice]" set)
I can't say I've faced off against that. Should I, Dragonite can take it down - max Sp. Attack Blaziken HP Ice can't OHKO it, while HP Flying takes Blazkiken down in one hit.

Have you considered psych up over seismic toss on Regice? Steal Raikou's calm minds and break its subs with ice beam. I've swept teams with Regice after stealing 3-4 calm minds from Raikou/Celebi. People seem to forget about Regice's nice 100 base defense that allow it to take powerful physical hits from faster poke's and then OHKOing them right back with a souped up bolt/beam.
I have actually, I used it once. I found it too situational - I was only using it against Raikou, and sometimes for kicks against CurseLax. Ice Beam I needed for STAB and to use Regice as a secondary Salamence counter, T-Bolt I really needed to take down Starmie and Seismic Toss not only could take down Raikou, but it also deals consistent damage on a switch where I don't know what's coming. It's saved me several times against Lanturn, as well. Fucking Thunderwave / Confuse Ray... urgh.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The only thing that I can see, that people haven't already pointed out is a Bulkier Gyarados with HP Rock could cause you problems.

thanks Stef!

I've only once seen a Gyarados w/ HP Rock, they're so rare 'cause they lose their STAB. Regice can still take it down in two easy hits - Even the bulkiest will go down to two Thunderbolts, and it just makes them weaker offensively. HP Rock is only 35 BP more than STAB'd HP Flying.

About Charizard.
After a Belly Drum, it can't take much recoil damage from Double-Edge. I would replace it with HP flying.
On Regice, I know Seismic Toss is for CMers, I would use Psych Up there, so you can copy their boosts and get a huge special attack.

The point of Belly Drum on Charizard, as stated, is that Double Edge helps it, by using the recoil to send Charizard into Salac Berry range. When you use HP Flying you lose to Milotic, Swampert and Suicune more often. I'd have to use Substitute, too. Without something to put me in Salac range, I'm stuck at a mediocre 270 Speed.

While Psych Up is cool, I like the consistent damage of Seismic Toss for switches. It also does more to Snorlax, should I need to Attack it. While Psych Up saves me from CM users, so does Seismic toss, and more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)