Metagame Camomons

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Original Idea by mezomi, taken over from ScarfWynaut
Gen 7 Camomons
approved by imas & The Immortal
Banner
by Centinela

Camomons
It's a fact that many Pokemon in today's metagame suffer from a bad typing. Pokemon such as Moltres and Yanmega are perpetually hampered by their crippling Stealth Rock weakness. Wouldn't it be great if they could rid themselves of this burden and blossom with a fresh typing? Well, now you can, with Camomons! Each and every Pokemon become the types of the first two moves in their moveslots! Undershadowed Pokemon can now experience a new life in this OM. Even popular Pokemon can transform to fit and match the player's desires. Anything is possible!

Rules
Mechanic: Pokemon change their type to match the types of their first two moves in their moveslots. For instance, a Lucario with Swords Dance, Close Combat, Crunch and Bullet Punch will become a Normal / Fighting-type. Hidden Power, Mimic, and other such moves are considered Normal-type moves and will change Pokemon to said type if it is in the first half of the Pokemon's moveslots. Pokemon with multiple moves of the same type in their first two slots will have only one type. For instance, a Lucario with Close Combat, Vacuum Wave, Nasty Plot and Swords Dance will be a mono Fighting-type. Types are revealed to the player instantly upon being sent out.
Clauses
: Standard OU Clauses.
Bans:
Pokemon: Dragonite, Kartana, Kyurem-B, Latias-Mega, Shedinja.
Items: Kommonium Z
Unbans: None.

Strategy
Pokemon with access to moves with desirable types are favored in this meta. Steel, Ghost and Fairy are all incredible defensive types and as such many Pokemon will seek to transform into those types. Powerful offensive Pokemon that primarily rely on one offensive STAB (such as Mega Charizard Y, Tapu Bulu and Mega Pinsir) often can be seen transforming into types that grant them STAB on their coverage move. For instance, Mega Charizard Y can change into a Fire- and Grass-type to gain STAB on Solar Beam and to take less damage from Stealth Rock. Below are a few examples of some potential sets:

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Solar Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Magma Storm

Heatran's trapping set with Flash Cannon. Grass / Steel brings with it many resistances, notably to Water, Dragon and Fairy, but on top of that Heatran keeps Flash Fire to be able to not fear Fire-type moves. Very good at trapping and 1v1'ing defensive and offensive Pokemon that cannot scratch Heatran, such as certain Fairy- and Steel-type attackers. The downsides, though, is you sacrifice another status move like Stealth Rock or Toxic for the necessary STAB attacks.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Punch

Ordinarily Mawile doesn't use Iron Head so replacing its Steel-type (although it gives Mawile a great defensive typing) with the Dark-type is a popular choice. This new typing gives it STAB priority in Sucker Punch, allowing it to have an even more oppressive offensive presence than it already has. The rest of the set is kept the same. Fire Fang makes for good coverage against Steel-types and Thunder Punch hits Steel / Flying and Water / Steel types hard.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Trick

Zekrom's typing with the weaknesses of a Dragon-type, thanks to Levitate. Thunderbolt, with STAB, hits hard, pairing with Dragon better than Psychic does, as Latios' old typing is walled by the ever-so-common Fairy / Steel typing.

Q&A
Q: Does undergoing a transformation that causes a type change interfere with the Pokemon's original type? (E.G. Does Gyarados become a Dark-type after Mega Evolution?)
A: No. Changing a Pokemon's form, be it through Mega Evolution or any other method, will not result in a type change.

Resources
Playability: It is playable both on the DragonHeaven and ROM servers!
Ban History: [Mar. 28, 2017] Shedinja was banned.
[Jan. 31, 2018] Kartana & Kyurem-B were banned.
[May 17, 2019] Dragonite was banned.
[August 13, 2019] Latias-Mega was banned.
[September 24, 2019] Kommonium Z was banned.

Council
In The Hills
Andyboy
Chazm

Sylveon.
Jrdn
Funbot28

Last edited:

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sample Teams

Sylveon.'s Mega Medicham Balance
Importable:
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Lunge
- Toxic
- Roost

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 84 SpA / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Defog

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Trick
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

Description:
  • Starting with medicham, it's probably as good a wallbreaker as they come, with a decent fighting/electric typing ( tho I think fighting/ice is equally viable, but I like having something to hit steel/ghosts). So the only thing different here is the PuP , which just allows it to clear off most defensive walls like after a round of toxic spikes damage, while you can opt for a coverage or toxic, but pup just gives that extra oomph.
  • Coming to the defensive core, we have Buzz(bug/steel), spdef toxapex(water/poison) which lays down toxic spikes and like always does what toxapex does and another mon which i have been using a ton is spdef volcanion which with its set of immunities can be actually really hard to take down. I decided to forgo rocks for this team because like laying them and then giving 6% back to the opponent was kind of counter productive.
  • Next up I wanted another breaker which improved my match-up against stall as well as whittled down randoms walls for medicham to finish. Also grassy terrain is super helpful for a team as without it, I'd be conderably ground weak.
  • At last vastly improving my match-up against offensive teams is choice scarf victini. Irrespective of it being Camo, Fire/Psychic is chosen typing for mons like lele or psychic spam in general.

Jrdn's Sticky Web HO
Importable:
Slurpuff @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Magic Coat
- Sticky Web

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Agility
- Nasty Plot

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Description:
Sticky Webs Offense that showcases how insane Porygon-Z is tbh. The rest of the team is terrifying too, but man, PorygonZ is something else. It's pretty straightforward to use. Ghost Magearna to stop rapid spins and set up. DD Mega-Tyranitar to obliterate things and take some hits. And then double scarfer duo Diggersby and Lele. Lele so priority doesn't get out of hand, and Foul play Scarf Diggersby to do what Scarf Yveltal with Foul play does, in a way. With Huge Power, Foul play will, strangely enough, calculate it's damage based on your opponents attack Multiplied by 2.

For an extreme case, consider these 2 calcs.

-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 220-259 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 106-126 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

A few people asked why I use Foul Play over Knock Off, and that showcases it perfectly.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-719077960 Camomons Open game where Megazard uses it to win. Also PZ OHKO's a Lele with a Non-SE move, cause why not.

Deijin's Pyukumuku, Umbreon + Miltank Balance
Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Toxic
- Soak

(This little cucumber is brilliant for stopping set up sweepers. And soak allows it to not only remove stab to easier wall opponents, but also spread toxic to the many steel and poison types around in this meta. Curse is there for the ghost typing, which is very useful on many occasions. I haven't tested pure normal yet, maybe it would be better. Water type might actually be useful you know, I often get flinched down to a slightly worrying point by iron head and waterfall ffrom things like dragonite and kyurem-b. The only problem I have is when a mold breaker set up sweeper comes along. I end up having to play around sacking mons.)

Volcarona @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane

(This set hasn't been as effective as I hoped, there just doesn't seem the opportunities to set up in such a strong meta. Supersonic skystrike was there to enable it to break heatran and opposing fire types.)

Mew
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 80 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Soft-Boiled
- Substitute

(This mew is extremely effective when used right. The EV spread isn't very specific. A bit of speed, enough for adamant tapu bulu, idk why, could be adjusted for certain things. It was very specially defensive to begin with but I moved some over to the physical side so it takes fewer boosts for the sub to not be broken by the physical attackers that are being set up on. I run acrobatics over drain punch to avoid being walled by ghost types. I use softboiled over roost to keep the useful resistances of the flying typing while healing. If you wanted to used drain punch, roost can be used over softboiled for the flying typing. Substitute has been important for avoiding status very often. Though I suppose I could change it up for defog. I've swept quite a few teams with this set.)

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock

(This is purely here because I got blown away by a bolt beam porygon-z. It serves as a nice check to many bug, dark, steel and ice types too. This typing serves to cover quite a few of the teams weaknesses. I'm open to recommendations for this slot though.)

Heatran @ Grassium Z
EVs: 124 HP / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Solar Beam
- Lava Plume
- Taunt

(I did initially have a Dhelmise in this spot to provide rapid spin support but i quickly experienced a fire weakness in the team. Taunt on heatran helps against hazard setters but I think I would struggle against a hazard stacking team. The trouble is how to integrate hazard removal into the team.)

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

(This umbreon has been very effective for me. The spread is once again, not carefully planned, but purely me moving from a fully spdef spread to a mixed one to better take on more threats. It acts as a brilliant cleric for the team. Moonlight is there over wish because most of the team can heal themselves and the instant healing is more valuable. The poison typing is invaluable for the resistances provided and immunity to toxic, as well as that cheeky 100% accurate toxic. The dark typing gives the team a psychic immunity as well as the stab foul play that does heavy damage to physical attackers. I have considered moving moonlight for a fairy typing, but the team would be far too weak to psychic types. As for the inner focus ability... I got fliiinched :0)

---
Outdated Teams:

Stone evil's Set-Up Spam Hyper Offense
Importable:
Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Defog

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Taunt

Chandelure @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge

Description:
- Rock/Dark Lycanroc-Dusk: Suicide lead. Tbh its the least important member in my team. You can replace it with anything fast with sr and taunt. I choose Lycanroc cause it has priority. Tough claws boosted stab sucker punch actually hurts.

- Water/Ground Gyarados-Mega: Standard sub DD set. Standard but amazing. Unlike haxorus, Megados sets up sub against many mons. It sweeps my foe many games.

- Steel/Dragon Kommo-o: I find that this mon have a lot more opportunities to set up in this meta because there are few fairies. I run a full special set cause I don't want to reduce its above average bulk. Steel to discourage fairy switch ins. Flamethrower to hit steels. Taunt is just filler Steel/dragon/fire is decent enough. Bulletproof make it immune to focus blast and shadow ball. Guess what mon that is.

- Normal/Fire Dragonite: The star of this team, set up and revenge in one slot. Ppl know how scary zygarde is, so they use bulky grass to check those Normal/Ground lizards. However, not many people prepare for this typing combination. Weakness policy is so good on this mon. I usually set up this thing against water and ground types (not megados and haxorus tho, moldy ignore multiscale). At +3 its nearly unstoppable. EQ to round up coverage. Another mon I usually sweep with. Burn immunity is nice.

- Grass/Ghost Chandelure: Sub CM chandelure, but Grass/Ghost. This type combination with flash fire give it 4 resists and 3 immunities. Especially zygarde. The EV spread give it some bulk while speed creep timid magearna. I've baited so many fire moves with this mon and set up free subs.

- Ice/Electric Latios: My defogger and secondary revenge killer. If I see a suicide lead in my opponent side, lead with this mon and click trick, then defog. Stab Bolt beam give it enough coverage, and scarf ice beam is the most "broken" strategy ever. I seldom use this mon tho.

Chazm's Volt-Turn Balance
Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

The original mon this team was built around. V-create absolutely demolishes most walls, even the likes of Cresselia are 2HKO'd. Bolt Strike also hits surprisingly hard, and the typing given here actually provides a brilliant combo, as it can check the majority of Porygon-Z running around (pretty much all are Elec/Ice). The only real problem this Pokemon has is with Dragon-types, which I have Trick to cripple or U-turn to pivot out of. Water/Grounds like Gyarados-Mega are also problematic, which brings me on to my next Pokemon...

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Koko synergizes brilliantly with Victini, keeping the Dragons that threaten it at bay and forming a VoltTurn core at the same time. It even has Grass Knot for other Ground-types like Haxorus, Gyarados-Mega, and Zygarde, Pokemon that would otherwise happily switch into Koko and force it out. Other than that, set is pretty much standard OU material.

Toxapex @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

I really find Toxapex to be brilliant in this metagame, even using its original typing. The amount of Pokemon it can pivot into and set TSpikes, especially in a Magic Bounce lacking metagame is astounding, and this is why it is my only special wall on the team. Despite never seeing a single Ash-Gren in Camo so far, Toxapex is one of the few pivots which can actually deal with it reliably.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Jirachi was chosen over Magearna due to the need for a dedicated MMawile check, and the fact that I can compile both Stealth Rock and Healing Wish on BO is brilliant, especially in tough matchups. One Pokemon in particular really annoys this team, and that is Volcanion - having Healing Wish alongside Zygarde + Mew is good enough, in my opinion.

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

I find Grass/Water Mew to be incredibly splashable due to its ability to check the majority of Ground-types in the metagame, and because of that, it is also one of the most reliable Defoggers in the metagame. This especially helps Victini considering it is my only real source of stallbreaking power.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Facade
- Stone Edge

And last off, probably my Magearna of this metagame - Zygarde. Its CB set is just so good for revenge killing, because it forces out so much already because of its extremely good coverage. Facade was chosen over Toxic incase Zygarde gets poisoned from reflected TSpikes - this helps to punish Magic Bouncers which might prove problematic for the hazard stacking nature of this team.

PrincessGardevoir's Zygarde + Tapu Lele Offense
Importable:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Buzzwole @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Glare

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Description:
Similar thought process with the last team, except this one has Tapu Lele to wallbreak practically everything and every other mon switched around as well. Mawile-Mega with Fairy/Dark is extremely strong with two stupidly good STAB options in Sucker Punch and Play Rough, and the other two slots are basically filler and can be whatever you edit this team to become. I found Ice Punch and SD to be great for punching through things, but that's my two cents. Buzzwole sits there and can take most standard hits without any problem bar ones such as Grass/Fire Charizard-Y's SolarBeam and +2 Grass/Fire Volcarona's Giga Drain. It also walls Tapu Koko with Electric/Grass or Electric/Flying and can take several hits from Steel/Dragon or Electric/Dragon Kyurem-Black before falling. Zygarde is also really good with STAB ExtremeSpeed, giving it an actual second STAB that it uses. Dragon Dance + Glare is there to set up or to slow down opposing teams should Zygarde get low and become unable to break through a team (ex. Clefable with Fire/Grass and Unaware). Tapu Lele makes practically everything eat shit that isn't a Dark type, with proof below (I don't feel like explaining past that ^^;). Volcarona is the same as the other team, but for sake of completion, its a hard wall to a bunch of things and can take hits from things such as Electric/Dragon Kyurem-Black's Fusion Bolt without dying instantly (which is cool). Ferrothorn exists to take hits and set up layers of spikes for Volcarona and Lele to break through things easier, and Dark/Poison is a really good typing for it that doesn't make it 4x weak to a very common offensive type.

Quick calcs for Lele as proof of its godliness:
252 SpA Choice Specs [Psychic/Fighting] Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite [Normal/Ghost] Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 390-460 (55.3 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs [Psychic/Fighting] Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD [Water/Ground] Quagsire: 412-486 (104.8 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs [Psychic/Fighting] Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 8 Def [Steel/Poison] Avalugg in Psychic Terrain: 172-204 (43.7 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs [Psychic/Fighting] Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD [Steel/Poison] Avalugg: 331-390 (84.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs [Psychic/Fighting] Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 112 Def [Normal/Ghost] Sableye-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 222-262 (73 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

PrincessGardevoir's Mega Gallade Offense
Importable:
Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Buzzwole @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Glare

Magearna @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam

Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Thundurus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Jrdn's Tyranitar + Heracross Balance
Importable:
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Charm
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Description:
A balance team with the dual regen core of Grass/Water Slowbro - which handles a lot of the prevalent ground attackers in the current meta, such as water/ground Haxorus, Zygarde, etc. - and Fairy/Steel Reuniclus. The Reuniclus idea formed from the common AAA set RegenVest Magearna, but with less attacking options. Water/Poison Mega-Latias rounds out the defensive core, adding a fighting resist, defogger, and amazing utility. This mon/set is incredible and if Camomons wasn't so fluid, I'd be comfortable calling it S Tier. Scarf Lando with rocks is just nice to have, another fighting resist, some speed, and strong momentum. Finally the breakers. DD Z-Outrage Dragon/Rock Tyranitar is an absolute menace. Incredible typing, insanely powerful, and fun as hell to use. Flame Orb Hera on the other hand doesn't need set up, and is tied with Reuniclus as my favourite set on the team. STAB Guts Facade is downright disgusting.

252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 225-265 (57.1 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 174-205 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO

Whew.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-720518995 Camomons Open vs Racool where my brother had amazing match up and Heracross just claimed lives, like it does.

Jrdn's Mewnium Z Bulky Offense
Importable:
Mew @ Mewnium Z
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Cresselia @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Charm
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- U-turn
- Trick

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Surf
- Defog
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Description:
Bulky Balance. Chansey is pretty gross in general, I hate to use it tbh, but the idea of the team is to live long enough for Mew to sweep. Psychic/Ground/Poison coverage is insanely hard to wall, only Poison/Dark Levitate Mons like Hydreigon or Cryagonal are living. It hits insanely hard, and with MewiniumZ, it can shatter both Stall builds and Revenge killers that rely on Espeed. Cresselia/Chansey/Mega-Latias make the core, with some nice bulk from Jirachi and Tyranitar. Healing wish support from Rachi is really nice for Mew, and can supplement a second sweep.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-727232970 Camomons Open Final that shows best case scenario with Mew

Chopin Alkaninoff's FWG Hyper Offense [Kartana + Kyurem-B banned]
Importable:
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Night Slash

Kyurem-Black @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Teravolt
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Hone Claws
- Fusion Bolt

Description:
So, this team is mainly based around (Fire/Electric) Azelf, (Water/Ground) Haxorus and (Grass/Fighting) Kartana since they form FWG and each of them perform different roles (Azelf as lead/Special Attacker, Haxorus as sweeper or Levitate breaker and Kartana as a revenge killer). Azelf can be your Suicide lead or Special Attacker, but mostly I use it as a lead to set Stealth Rock. Haxorus is there to break Levitators like Cresselia. Kartana is there to revenge kill as well as provide options to kill those Water/Ground mons, which are common.

(Fairy/Dark) Mawile is there basically to provide wallbreaking support, or else this team kinda struggles vs Stall. Yeah, Haxorus CAN wallbreak (and it's really good at it) but it can't really cover everything so I added Mega Mawile. It also helps revenge killing with STAB Sucker Punches.

(Electric/Fairy) Cresselia is there for basically blanket check a ton of things in this meta and to generally cripple opposing mons with Thunder Wave. (Steel/Flying) Kyurem-Black is there as a Steel type, basically to add an additional blanket check that Cresselia can't deal with, such as Mold breaker Earthquake users and generally Poison types.

Threats to watch out for:
(Normal/Ground) Zygarde: This thing is the biggest pain in the ass for this team, solely because it's bulky and it hits pretty much everything due to Thousand Arrows reking both my Cresselia AND Kyurem-Black. Your best bet to deal with this is, do NOT let it set up Coil too much and keep Kartana healthy to be able to at least take a +1 STAB Extremespeed (it SHOULD be able to take one) and revenge kill it with Sacred Sword (it ignores stat changes so +1 defense doesn't matter).

(Fire/Grass) Volcarona: Not so much threatening as Zygarde because this thing basically can't take a Physical hit and most of the mons in this team is a Physical attacker, but this thing is a big threat to my team since it's really easy to set up QD and it deals with most of my teams. To deal with this, either revenge it with Kartana or Mega Mawile, or have Cresselia Thunder Wave it to lower it's Speed and revenge it with Poison Jab from Haxorus.

PrincessGardevoir's Sash Spam Hyper Offense [Pheromosa + Metagrossite banned]
Importable:
Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Encore

Description:
The basic concept is get every wallbreaker in whenever possible, with sashspam as the strategy for destroying other offense, and then getting in Volcarona and having any toxic users removed so it can just hard sweep through teams. Ice/Fighting Pheromosa is the best offensive type that it can have, and gives it the widest coverage range with two STAB options of any mon. It runs Focus Blast but you can change it to High Jump Kick, but I run Focus Blast for the reason that I wanted to dump my EVs fully into Special Attack as its coverage moves are... coverage moves and utility. Hoopa comes in either versus stall or once Tornadus sets up a tailwind and wrecks house for a short while, and goes Poison/Dark with good coverage moves since its a strong typing offensively and defensively as well as 2 of its strongest physical STABs coming from that. Tornadus solely exists for tailwind, but flying/fighting is a cool typing. Volcarona is the wincon, and can set up on a majority of things (surprise) and with grass/fire isn't 4x weak to Rocks anymore. Metagross is the wallbreaker, and you can shift around Earthquake for other options like Thunder Punch or Hammer Arm should you please. Alakazam is Ghost/Fighting for unresisted coverage besides Normal/Ghost (admittedly a popular type combination for stall and bulky offense mons), but with Hoopa threatening those you shouldn't have too many issues.

pipasonze's Scarf Phero Hyper Offense [Pheromosa banned]
Importable:
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Return
- Toxic

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

Porygon-Z @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Dragonite @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Description:
This is HO, so as usual the objective is to keep up offensive pressure and overwhelm the opposing team, which is pretty easy to do with such powerful pokémon. Though all members are mostly used for their offensive prowess, the team also relies on their defensive typings to pivot around and check stuff: the team has immunities to Ghost, Normal, Fighting, Ground and Electric, and for example Dragonite has multiple useful resistances.

Azelf is the usual lead. It gets rocks up pretty reliably and is very threatening with STAB Knock Off and Explosion.
Zygarde is pretty amazing. With Choice Band, it is very hard to switch into Thousand Arrows (especially because Grass and Bug types are so rare), and Extreme Speed is powerful priority, which helps a lot against opposing offense. You'll never click any other move.
Mega Mawile has insane power, good coverage in just Dark and Fairy, and STAB Sucker Punch threatens most things faster than it. The speed EV's allow it to outspeed base 60's, but are mostly for creeping opposing Mawile.
Porygon Z is yet another pokemon that functions as a wallbreaker. Ghost/Electric has very good offensive coverage, and Ice Beam lures opposing Zygarde and other grounds. Ghostium Z and Nasty Plot allow it to break through pretty much anything. I wouldn't say this set is as viable as the others on the team, but the main reason it's here is defensive synergy: it's typing provides key resistances to Flying, Electric, Steel, and Normal and Fighting immunities.
Scarf Pheromosa is a great late game cleaner. It outspeeds even most things with a speed boost. The set is focused on Sp. Attack because Ice Beam is the main move. Ice is great offensively and Fighting pairs really well with it. The biggest problem is that Phero is very weak to priority.
Steel/Flying Dragonite can be both a bulky sweeper and a pivot, thanks to its amazing typing and ability. It sets up really easily and is often easy to remove its checks.

Anaconja's Shuckle Lead Hyper Offense [Kyurem-B, Pheromosa + Kartana banned]
Importable:
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Fusion Bolt

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Dark]

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Quiver Dance
- Rapid Spin

Kartana @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance

Description:
This is HO, so as usual the objective is to keep up offensive pressure and overwhelm the opposing team, which is pretty easy to do with such powerful pokémon. Though all members are mostly used for their offensive prowess, the team also relies on their defensive typings to pivot around and check stuff: the team has immunities to Ghost, Normal, Fighting, Ground and Electric, and for example Dragonite has multiple useful resistances.

Azelf is the usual lead. It gets rocks up pretty reliably and is very threatening with STAB Knock Off and Explosion.
Zygarde is pretty amazing. With Choice Band, it is very hard to switch into Thousand Arrows (especially because Grass and Bug types are so rare), and Extreme Speed is powerful priority, which helps a lot against opposing offense. You'll never click any other move.
Mega Mawile has insane power, good coverage in just Dark and Fairy, and STAB Sucker Punch threatens most things faster than it. The speed EV's allow it to outspeed base 60's, but are mostly for creeping opposing Mawile.
Porygon Z is yet another pokemon that functions as a wallbreaker. Ghost/Electric has very good offensive coverage, and Ice Beam lures opposing Zygarde and other grounds. Ghostium Z and Nasty Plot allow it to break through pretty much anything. I wouldn't say this set is as viable as the others on the team, but the main reason it's here is defensive synergy: it's typing provides key resistances to Flying, Electric, Steel, and Normal and Fighting immunities.
Scarf Pheromosa is a great late game cleaner. It outspeeds even most things with a speed boost. The set is focused on Sp. Attack because Ice Beam is the main move. Ice is great offensively and Fighting pairs really well with it. The biggest problem is that Phero is very weak to priority.
Steel/Flying Dragonite can be both a bulky sweeper and a pivot, thanks to its amazing typing and ability. It sets up really easily and is often easy to remove its checks.

Last edited:

in the hills

spreading confusion
Viability Rankings
> S Rank <
Mew [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] + almost any
Tornadus-T [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]

> A Rank <
[ a+ ]
Gyarados-Mega [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Landorus-T [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Mawile-Mega [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]

[ a ]
Aerodactyl-Mega [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Heatran [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Heracross [
/
] [
/
]
Latias [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Medicham-Mega [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Porygon-Z [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Salamence [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Tapu Koko [
/
] [
/
]
Tapu Lele [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Victini [
/
]

[ a- ]
Alakazam-Mega [
/
]
Beedrill-Mega [
/
] [
/
]
Chansey [
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Charizard-Mega-X [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Cresselia [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Gliscor [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Greninja-Ash [
/
] [
/
]
Hoopa-U [
/
]
Latios [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Magearna [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Manaphy [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Scizor-Mega [
/
] [
/
]
Snorlax [
/
] [
/
]
Volcanion [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Volcarona [
/
] [
/
]

> B Rank <
[ b+ ]
Charizard-Mega-Y [
/
] [
/
]
Clefable [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Diancie-Mega [
/
] [
/
]
Diggersby [
/
]
Hydreigon [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Kommo-o [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Reuniclus [
/
] [
/
]
Sableye-Mega [
/
] [
/
]
Slowbro-Mega [
/
]
Tapu Bulu [
/
] [
/
]
Toxapex [
/
] [
/
]
Tyranitar [
/
]
Tyranitar-Mega [
/
] [
/
]

[ b ]
Articuno [
/
]
Avalugg [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Azelf [
/
] [
/
]
Buzzwole [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Celebi [
/
]
Chandelure [
/
]
Chesnaught [
/
]
Entei [
/
] [
/
]
Gallade-Mega [
/
][
/
] [
/
]
Garchomp [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Haxorus [
/
] [
/
]
Jirachi [
/
] [
/
]
Magnezone [
/
]
Sharpedo-Mega [
/
] [
/
]
Slowbro [
/
]
Zeraora [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]

[ b- ]
Blastoise-Mega [
/
] [
/
]
Cloyster [
/
] [
/
]
Excadrill [
/
] [
/
]
Ferrothorn [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Hawlucha [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Heracross-Mega [
/
]
Hippowdon [
/
] [
/
]
Slurpuff [
/
]
Smeargle [
/
]
Stakataka [
/
]
Tangrowth [
/
] [
]
Terrakion [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Thundurus [
/
]

> C Rank <
Cryogonal [
/
] [
/
]
Feraligatr [
/
]
Gligar [
/
]
Kyurem [
/
]
Moltres [
/
] [
/
]
Quagsire [
/
] [
/
]
Rhydon [
/
] [
/
]
Sceptile [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Uxie [
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [
/
]
Venusaur-Mega [
/
]
Xurkitree [
/
] [
/
]
Zygarde-10% [
/
]

Last edited:
First

Well, shedinja can get the infamous Dark/Ghost tying to be only weak to fairies. When holding a Lum berry with a defogger for rocks/spikes, this thing could set up Hone Claws and sneak it's way to victory. Very nice idea for a meta!

I'll edit this later to throw down some potential sets once I find some good ones

i think we will see so many kartana, buzzwole, kyurem-B, hoopa again.

i mean examples :

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- Subtitute
- Roost

he get dual typing which is decent, and useful stab for 170 atk. btw i don't know how this thing in Gen 6 camomons, since i don't play that.

i wondering how about stall in this metagame? seems like it will be strong ..

First

Well, shedinja can get the infamous Dark/Ghost tying to be only weak to fairies. When holding a Lum berry with a defogger for rocks/spikes, this thing could set up Hone Claws and sneak it's way to victory. Very nice idea for a meta!

I'll edit this later to throw down some potential sets once I find some good ones
Doesn't it get SD tho?

i wondering how about stall in this metagame? seems like it will be strong ..
Last gen I believe the infamous chanslugg (chansey / Avalugg) from inverse was quite good as Avalugg gets Gyro Ball or some steel move like that, and Chansey naturally has a huge movepool so they'd be a stellar defensive core

I wanted to try coding some OMs, so here's my version.
Code:
    {
        name: "[Gen 7] Camomons",
        desc: [
            "",
            "&bullet; <a href=\"http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/camomons.3598418/\">Camomons</a>"
        ],
        mod: 'gen7',
        ruleset: ['Gen7 OU'],
        onModifyTemplate: function(template, pokemon) {
            let types = [];
            types.push(this.getMove(pokemon.moves[0]).type);
            if (pokemon.moves[1]) {
                let type2 = this.getMove(pokemon.moves[1]).type;
                type2 !== types[0] && types.push(type2);
            }
            pokemon.setType(types);
            template.types = types;
            return template;
        },
        onAfterMega: function(pokemon) {
            this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typechange', pokemon.types.join('/'), '[silent]');
        },
        onSwitchIn: function(pokemon) {
            this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typechange', pokemon.types.join('/'), '[silent]');
        }
    },
Remove the "onAfterMega" and "onSwitchIn" functions if you don't want the type to be revealed.

Last edited:

New typing: Steel / Dragon
Weaknesses: Ground / Fighting
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch

EV's are to outspeed 252 Neutral nature Kartana after a Dragon Dance, other than that, pretty typical set. Ice punch is to fight ground types, but you can replace it with Fire punch if you want to counter Steel, which walls this pretty hard. Also, watch out for kartana Sacred Swords

You need Hone Claws to get the dark typing, unless you want to run night slash I guess, in which case it would be

- Night Slash
- Shadow Sneak / Shadow Claw
- X-Scissor / Toxic
- Swords Dance

Also: How does Hidden Power work? Can I use it to get any typing, or does is give normal type?
It gives the Normal type

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
I don't have anything to discuss as of now, so I figured I'd share some powerful sets I've come up with.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off

- Poison Jab

- Drill Run

- U-turn

No Bug typing makes constant pivoting much easier, even with SR up.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band / Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake

- Sucker Punch

- Reversal

- Stone Edge

Trapping + STAB Priority is pretty damn good.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb / Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage

- Fusion Bolt

- Filler
- Filler

A better Zekrom for OU. Probably needs a ban.

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock

- Dazzling Gleam

- Sludge Wave

- Thunderbolt

I think Psychic/Fairy typing might be the best combination for this guy, even though it lacks Focus Blast. Special Moxie makes up for the loss in power for using Psyshock over Psychic and for running STAB Dazzling Gleam over something else.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor

- Thunderbolt

- Filler
- Filler

Thanks to Levitate, Latios only has the weaknesses from its Dragon typing. Also a special Zekrom I suppose.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Iron Defense

- Calm Mind

- Scald

- Slack Off

Immune to Toxic and has one of the best defensive typings in the game. This thing is just a monster.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Impish Nature
- Scald

- Dragon Tail

- Toxic

- Recover

Pretty decent defensive mon now with Dragon sub typing making its only weaknesses Dragon and Fairy.

Well as far as understanding the offensive meta, I think we just have to look to last Gen's similar Type Reflectors.

STAB E-Speed
Dragonite, Entei, Lucario all become very scary when picking up stab extreme speed. There is bulkier stuff around this generation so maybe priority won't dominate.

Making the most of immunity abilities
Volcanion can run the P-don-esque fire-ground with water absorb. Incredible stabs, coverage and typing.

Manaphy
Dual stab manaphy is just ridiculous. Water/fairy or water/grass are both excellent typings. This is a huge threat.

Kyub
Have fun both walling and breaking electric/steel, electric/dragon or steel /dragon kyurwm black.

Shedinja
Will be broken.

Ultra Beasts
They'll all appreciate better stabs. Dual stab xurkitree? Sure. Phermosa will be absurd. Ice/fighting for special sets. Normal/fighting for physical. Buzzwole can be tailored to wall whatever you want.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Any thoughts about these?

NO ONE IS SAFE NOW (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech

STAB banded Superpower. No more words are necessary

I'm a bird too (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Finally Koko ha a double physical STABs

I can't think a good name for this @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

Now its STABs have a better coverage.
Moonblast is for the Dark/Psychic types.
Shadow Ball probably isn't necessary

Reactions: 1cy
Any thoughts about these?

NO ONE IS SAFE NOW (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech

STAB banded Superpower. No more words are necessary

I'm a bird too (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Finally Koko ha a double physical STABs

I can't think a good name for this @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

Now its STABs have a better coverage.
Moonblast is for the Dark/Psychic types.
Shadow Ball probably isn't necessary
Flying Tapu Koko, unfortunately, loses access to electric terrain, and thus has some problems. Maybe go with an electric-grass special set to handle grounds?

If you use an -ate boosted normal type move in one of the few two slots, does that can as normal or the modified type?

Why is Shedinja not banned?

Shedinja @ Air Balloon
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Hone Claws
- Secret Power
- Baton Pass

It's immune to every damaging attack except Thousand Arrows (unless your opponent has a Smeargle with Sunsteel Strike or Moongeist Beam), and immune to poisoning, leaving it with very few things that can kill it (Sandstorm, Hail, Leech Seed, Will-O-Wisp, Stealth Rock, Corrosion+Toxic are the only ones I can think of at the moment).
You could also replace Hone Claws with Night Slash/Sucker Punch and replace Baton Pass with Swords Dance or a coverage move, but then you have to worry about Rough Skin/Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet/Spiky Shield (Secret Power is, unfortunately, Shedinja's only non-contact physical attack).

If you use an -ate boosted normal type move in one of the few two slots, does that can as normal or the modified type?
Type modifying abilities like the ates only affect the type of a move after it has been executed, so they'll remain normal type for the purposes of this meta and stuff like Conversion or whatever.

D.D.D.
Foul Play
| Gunk Shot | Super Power | Filler
Choice Scarf

This thing again. Dark Death Diggersby will be a threat in pretty much any meta it is obtainable because Huge Power + STAB Foul Play = Nightmares for the opposing team. Slap a Scarf on to hit a nice looking speed tier and Dark Death Diggersby becomes one of the most potent revenge killers there is.
Resisted Swords Dance Sweepers:
+2 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 301-355 (111 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 336-396 (103.7 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Bulky Swords Dance Sweepers:
+2 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 248 HP / 116+ Def Scizor-Mega: 361-426 (105.2 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 322-381 (91.4 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Random Physical Attackers:
252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 370-436 (102.4 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pinsir-Mega: 303-357 (111.8 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Random Special Attackers (I found OHKOs here but most neutral special attackers are still 2HKOed):
252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa-Unbound: 418-493 (138.8 - 163.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 277-327 (92.6 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Anyway. Gunk Shot in the second slot nails Fairies and provides that neat Dark/Poison typing for only 1 weakness. Superpower kills Dark types. And then you can use whatever you want in the last slot, though I'd opt towards U-Turn or Knock Off. Be cautious of opposing Scarfers and Speed Boosters.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's painful but effective

Dark/Poison (Shedinja) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Night Slash
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass

Obviously shedinja is immune to every type with this set. Be careful that Night Slash is a contact move, so scout for Rocky Helmets, but despite that risk (and of Iron Barbs/Rough Skin, of course), Night Slash should be better because with STAB and max Attack Shedinja isn't completely passive. The rest of the team is typical rage-inducing stall geared at keeping Shedinja alive. Use Baton Pass and double swithces very liberally to scout for status moves and such. Until Shedinja is banned, it will probably be so centralizing that random mons will run things just to lure it.

Dark/Ghost (Sableye) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

The obvious mega choice for a team like this. Wanted to keep Sableye as Dark/Ghost because it's such a good typing. Would rather have only one weakness than have several resistances. EVs are pretty customizable but mixed bulk is probably best. Confuse Ray is probably better than a random damaging move since Sableye won't be doing much damage, and forcing switches is really nice, even with the reduced confusion chance.

Normal (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Again, Normal typing is pretty much the best for Chansey. Mono-Fairy might've been better but then the moveset would've had to have been garbage. Of course Chansey is on this team, what else.

Steel/Flying (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Defog

...and yet again figured that the regular typing is the best here. Steel Flying is amazing and a natural ground immunity is very appreciated. Could use Helmet or Lefties. Defog is absolutely mandatory for Shedinja.

Fairy (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Wish
- Protect

But wait, there's more regular typings. Really wanted Unaware on this team. Didn't want to add an additional typing because I wanted clef to still be a fighting resist without adding more weaknesses. Phys def because Chansey pretty much walls everything anyway. This skarm and Chansey are hard to break through if clef and skarm are both phys def. Protect could be replaced with like Flamethrower or Heal Bell or something but Moonlight kinda sucks so having Protect is safe.

Ground/Dark (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Screech

As we all know Duggy is nice on stall to take out a bunch of breakers, and STAB sucker is really nice. Of course you have no idea who you're going to be able to trap but there's bound to be at least one thing per team you can trap. Pursuit could be here too so you can trap ghosts trying to switch out.

really though shedinja is dumb and the meta would probably improve overall with it gone

Last edited:
First Pokemon that comes to mind: Mega Sharpedo.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Also, question about Ate abilities. In Showdown they change the moves to reflect new typing and BP, but would that carry over to giving a new type? For example, Close Combat / Return Pinsir would be Fighting/Normal before Mega Evolution, but because of how Showdown is coded it changes the type of the Normal-type move to its new typing in the battle screen, and I want to know if that will be reflected in Pinsir's typing.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Also, question about Ate abilities. In Showdown they change the moves to reflect new typing and BP, but would that carry over to giving a new type? For example, Close Combat / Return Pinsir would be Fighting/Normal before Mega Evolution, but because of how Showdown is coded it changes the type of the Normal-type move to its new typing in the battle screen, and I want to know if that will be reflected in Pinsir's typing.
Q&A
Q: Will Mega Evolving a Gyarados / forme change a Meloetta / etc. change its secondary type to Dark / Fighting / etc.?
A: No. Changing a Pokemon's form, be it through Mega Evolution or any other method, will not result in a type change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)