Gen 3 your typical RMT

Hi, my NetBattle name is "your typical noob".

Some of you may recognize me as being a very boring, annoying, cheap, noobish, and sometimes utterly retarded opponent. Anyway, below is the team I am using currently. So far, it has given me a 3/2 win/loss ratio. I know, "ZOMG it's skarmbliss and celebi. You suck nub." Please RMT anyway:

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Big Bird
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 254 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Metal Sound
- Thunderbolt

Celebi @ Leftovers ** Tinker Bell
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 HP / 48 Spd / 226 SAtk
- Giga Drain
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers ** Can-Opener
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Roar
- Spikes

Metagross @ Leftovers ** Megatron
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 212 HP / 254 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers ** Cholesterol
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 212 HP / 254 Def / 44 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Wish

Claydol @ Leftovers ** Eye for an Eye
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 14 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect
- Toxic

I've been having trouble dealing with Raikou, Regice, CMEntei, Ludicolo, and Dusclops among others.

Note: I always add the two extra EV's because I'm a little bit obsessive compulsive.

Hi, my NetBattle name is "your typical noob".

Some of you may recognize me as being a very boring, annoying, cheap, noobish, and sometimes utterly retarded opponent. Anyway, below is the team I am using currently. So far, it has given me a 3/2 win/loss average. I know, "ZOMG it's skarmbliss and celebi. You suck nub." Please RMT anyway:

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Big Bird
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 254 SAtk
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Metal Sound
- Thunderbolt

I prefer using 124 hp / 152 spd / 232 spatk with timid. Put something else over extrasensory, since it has crap coverage. I would go with Substitute, but you can also use Roar/Thunder wave/Toxic.

Celebi @ Leftovers ** Tinker Bell
EVs: 236 HP / 48 Spd / 226 SAtk
- Giga Drain
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Sweeping Celebis aren't the greatest. I'd use the standard Bell/Recover/Psychic/Seed.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers ** Can-Opener
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Roar
- Spikes

Could use some defense.

EVs: 212 HP / 254 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide

This team isn't exactly centered around taking out Bulky waters, so I would CB this guy.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers ** Cholesterol
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 212 HP / 254 Def / 44 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Wish

Serene Grace Blissey only works well with CM. Go with Seismic Toss over Thunder and consider Protect over Counter. Seismic Toss will destroy any Raikous.

Claydol @ Leftovers ** Eye for an Eye
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 14 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect
- Toxic

Needs Earthquake or else DDTauntTar will have fun raping. I would put it over Reflect and make it Impish. Also consider Ice Beam over Toxic.

I've been having trouble dealing with Raikou, Regice, CMEntei, Ludicolo, and Dusclops among others.

Note: I always add the two extra EV's because I'm a little bit obsessive compulsive.
You have problems with Taunting Tyranitars, as stated before, but also VILtar and Boah. Without a sturdy Celebi, you should have a status absorber somewhere. I'd probably use a Restalking Zapdos since MSDos isn't that effective without Spikes. Also consider something that can kill off Salamence. Suicune or Milotic can go over Celebi or something.

Truth be told, you have a horrible horrible fire weakness. You're probably better off using Starmie over Claydol. You still Rapid Spin, but you're outspeeding Fire types that would shred you down to bits, example: Entei and Charizard and Houndoom.

Seismic Toss over Thunder or something would do well on Blissey too. You are now able to stop Raikou finely and most other special attackers, and fuck around with Regice and most likely outstalling it anyways.

As for other random stuff, I'd rather have Leech Seed or Perish Song on Celebi, or even both if you can. The team doesn't really seem to need Heal Bell, as if you add Starmie, you have 3 Natural Curers, a Resting Poke, and a Zapdos who doesn't really care that much about being status'd. LS or PS can help you with Last Pokes, as Suicune and Snorlax will definitely hurt you. Perish Song also stops Baton Pass.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Starmie can just run Timid with 330-352 speed and the rest in HP/SAtk. Most things with Stalk do better with Max HP. After that, stalker Metagross might want Impish with a good amount of Def EVs and the Rest in Atk, or SDef if you want. Zapdos wants 241-245 speed total with the remainder in Satk/Sdef.

Are these okay?

EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 118 SDef
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Starmie @ Leftovers ** Re-Generation X
EVs: 44 HP / 216 Spd / 250 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

It would be kinda fun to Skill Swap Illuminate for Levitate, Marvel Scale, Pressure, Volt Absorb, other Natural Cure, or to just screw up other pokemon's abilities.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Metagross still will need Attack EVs. You should still have 2 more EVs left for that Starmie to put into Special Attack. Skill Swap would be interesting, but it only lasts for as long as you don't switch, and the skills you could swap for within that time frame are only so helpful. The only good scenario I could see would be Skill Swapping Lanturn, but you still couldn't do anything back to it.

Yeah, but if you think about what switches into Starmie, that Skill Swap will make you switch out. For example, you Skill Swap the incoming Blissey, next time it switches out, it's trait goes back to normal anyways. Skill Swapping a Zapdos on the switch, I doubt taking away 2 of it's Bolt PP will bother it much against Starmie. The only one where you could really use is against Jolteon on the switch.

Also due to lack of hard hitting, you could attempt that same Metagross set but with CB. Of course you'd have to switch it in and out a bit to use it, but it doesn't hurt that much. I might even -suprise- people. =x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)