International Challenge April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nihilego is sashed your Garchomp is gonna lose:
252 SpA Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 156-184 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

I can breed a Rough Skin Gible for you.
No it's okay I rarely have wifi my 3DS can connect to so I just use the GTS and hope someone will trade me a HA gible. (If I get one My Garchomp will use it's HA because that could've won me a few battles)

I have changed my teams movesets to this:

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
- First Impression
- Sucker Punch

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Razor Leaf

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Discharge
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-Turn

Tapu Fini @ Tapunium z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Dazzling Gleam
- Brine

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Poison Jab

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 112 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Protect

I originally had switched Garchomp's Rock slide with flamethrower but (somehow) even with 30 IV's in SpA it didn't OHKO an Assault vest Kartana so I've switched it to Fire Fang. I've found that I'm still having trouble with Trickroom teams, Brine has been a huge help as well as bonemerang, I rarely get a chance to use my Z-move, but if I do the opponent usaully has something like a Wiki berry T_T, (But I really do want to keep that Z-move) and if I use my Tapu Koko it usually gets OHKOed by switching in. Should I be leading with my Tapu Koko and not keeping it in the back.

Last edited:
No it's okay I rarely have wifi my 3DS can connect to so I just use the GTS and hope someone will trade me a HA gible. (If I get one My Garchomp will use it's HA because that could've won me a few battles)

I have changed my teams movesets to this:

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
- First Impression
- Sucker Punch

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Razor Leaf

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Discharge
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-Turn

Tapu Fini @ Tapunium z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Dazzling Gleam
- Brine

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Poison Jab

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 112 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Protect

I originally had switched Garchomp's Rock slide with flamethrower but (somehow) even with 30 IV's in SpA it didn't OHKO an Assault vest Kartana so I've switched it to Fire Fang. I've found that I'm still having trouble with Trickroom teams, Brine has been a huge help as well as bonemerang, I rarely get a chance to use my Z-move, but if I do the opponent usaully has something like a Wiki berry T_T, (But I really do want to keep that Z-move) and if I use my Tapu Koko it usually gets OHKOed by switching in. Should I be leading with my Tapu Koko and not keeping it in the back.

Garchomp is a physical attacker so for sure it wont KO a assault vest kartana with Flamethrower so smart decision to replace it with Fire Fang, Tapu Koko is a good lead against most Pokémon and why do you have Razor Leaf on Kartana? replace it with Detect or Night Slash.

Garchomp is a physical attacker so for sure it wont KO a assault vest kartana with Flamethrower so smart decision to replace it with Fire Fang, Tapu Koko is a good lead against most Pokémon and why do you have Razor Leaf on Kartana? replace it with Detect or Night Slash.
Well it has a choice scarf and most of the time if I predict an enemy I need to kill using protect, or if there's a weakened opponent I can use razor leaf and at leats hit the enemy not using protect and/or get a kill and get a beast boost (Plus I get a high chance for a critical hit and STAB)

Sounds like a worthy change to try, and try HP Ice on Koko too.
HP Ice doesn't really hit good enough on the threats to Tapu Koko (I tried it) It barely does anything (maybe half to 2/3 damage) to most grass types I don't think it can even OHKO most Garchomp... And it's not good if you've been locked into it with choice specs. But still it's your call

Currently got a Tailwind team of the following:

Garchomp
Tapu Lele
Vikavolt
Kartana
Drifblim

Can't decide on a 6th member. The team is heavily based on Tailwind, and Garch and Lele are Z-Crystal holders. Any ideas for last teammate?

Garchomp
Tapu Lele
Vikavolt
Kartana
Drifblim

Can't decide on a 6th member. The team is heavily based on Tailwind, and Garch and Lele are Z-Crystal holders. Any ideas for last teammate?

Talonflame or Whimsicott for priority tailwind, so you have a second tailwind setter.

HP Ice doesn't really hit good enough on the threats to Tapu Koko (I tried it) It barely does anything (maybe half to 2/3 damage) to most grass types I don't think it can even OHKO most Garchomp... And it's not good if you've been locked into it with choice specs. But still it's your call
Life Orb Koko OHKOS Garchompwoth HP ice.

Garchomp
Tapu Lele
Vikavolt
Kartana
Drifblim

I'd say Whimsicott or even Gengar (So you can have a fast Taunter to counter trickroom teams)

Life Orb Koko OHKOS Garchompwoth HP ice.
Oh, I must have been fighting a TankChomp then...
By the way do you think Tapu Fini's Z-move is worth keeping or should I switch it with something leftovers or a healing berry? (Seeing as most pokemon carry a confusion healing berry the z-move doesn't really appeal much to me now)

What do you suggest?

Can anyone give me a good idea for an Alternate Item for my Tapu Fini? My z-move doesn't really help much not T_T
If you want to keep a more supportive set, you can run a Sitrus Berry, one of the 50% HP Berries if you are feeling a bit more risky, or a Leftovers for better bulk over time. Misty Seed gives a useful special defence boost, although it only works the first time it is sent out and I have no experience with it. Alternatively, you could run an offencive set with Choice Specs to patch up it's lower special defence.

If you want to keep a more supportive set, you can run a Sitrus Berry, one of the 50% HP Berries if you are feeling a bit more risky, or a Leftovers for better bulk over time. Misty Seed gives a useful special defence boost, although it only works the first time it is sent out and I have no experience with it. Alternatively, you could run an offencive set with Choice Specs to patch up it's lower special defence.
Leftovers, Sitrus, or one of the 50% berries perhaps?
I've thought about using seeds but then I'm at risk from something like poison jab more. I like the idea of the confusion berries (like Wiki berry) better than leftovers and my Fini is more along the lines of a support pokemon. I've also considered dropping natures madness for something else but then I can be walled by pokemon like mimikyu more...
I've thought about using seeds but then I'm at risk from something like poison jab more. I like the idea of the confusion berries (like Wiki berry) better than leftovers and my Fini is more along the lines of a support pokemon.

I'm thinking of replacing Kartana with Celesteela to make fighting trick room and Tapu's easier and still keeping my steel type

and would tapu lele be a better option than tapu fini?
It largely depends on whether you need something bulky, or something fast and offencive. With your team, it could go either way. However though Lele and Golisopod don't go very well together, and using Fini (and Celesteela) means you have a severe weakness to electric types.

I would personally either keep Fini and Kartana, or go with Lele, get rid of Golisopod, and do whatever you want with Kartana/Celesteela. Then again, I'm not that experienced, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

It largely depends on whether you need something bulky, or something fast and offencive. With your team, it could go either way. However though Lele and Golisopod don't go very well together, and using Fini (and Celesteela) means you have a severe weakness to electric types.

I would personally either keep Fini and Kartana, or go with Lele, get rid of Golisopod, and do whatever you want with Kartana/Celesteela. Then again, I'm not that experienced, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
I'm experienced just not with the current Meta.(Trick room and Tailwind everywhere) I kinda like using Kartana but it usually get OHKOed or double targeted, Celesteela has a huge weakness to taunt and I can always pair it with Marowak and Garchomp, as for Fini, I want to keep it because it covers my weakness of status moves, I could switch Koko for Lele but then I have no truly fast pokemon except Kartana and I loose my electric type stab. I see Lele as just an option if I really need to switch out a pokemon for it but prefer Fini over it.
Golisopod is my only form of priority which I desperately need for Pheromosa as it outspeeds everything in tailwind and can't OHKO golisopod but the latter can with first impression and if they have a focus sash it can use sucker punch.
Can you think of any leads I could use to counter Kartana's threats though?

I'm experienced just not with the current Meta.(Trick room and Tailwind everywhere) I kinda like using Kartana but it usually get OHKOed or double targeted, Celesteela has a huge weakness to taunt and I can always pair it with Marowak and Garchomp, as for Fini, I want to keep it because it covers my weakness of status moves, I could switch Koko for Lele but then I have no truly fast pokemon except Kartana and I loose my electric type stab. I see Lele as just an option if I really need to switch out a pokemon for it but prefer Fini over it.
Golisopod is my only form of priority which I desperately need for Pheromosa as it outspeeds everything in tailwind and can't OHKO golisopod but the latter can with first impression and if they have a focus sash it can use sucker punch.
Can you think of any leads I could use to counter Kartana's threats though?
It's pure speculation, but Salazzle might work. Access to Fake Out, Fire STAB, and a higher speed tier gives it the edge in most situations, and it can run Taunt or Encore for more lead utility (although it has trouble fitting all the moves it wants in one set). From what I seen, Focus Sash sets are the most common due to its low bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)